the boy who is too kind.

Count To Three (Say Hi)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 the boy who is too kind. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The hour felt longer than it actually was.

 

 

 

That was why Sehun struggled to pay attention and listen in class. He wasn't a bad student nor a particularly good one. His grades were normal, they could be better but it wasn't the end of the world. When he would looked to his right side he would know that his friend Kai was undoubtedly falling asleep. Or maybe he was already asleep. This was a typical maths lesson and yet Sehun couldn't concentrate much. The questions weren't difficult but hearing his teacher talk for so long caused Sehun's eyelids to plunge together.

 

 

 

 

The last thing he could do was fall asleep. If he would have been a top student then maybe it would be different. But now Sehun couldn't afford it to just sleep. Kai next to him must have sensed that and opened his eyes. He had rested his arms over his desks and placed his forehead on them. It was a mystery how their teacher didn't notice a thing as Kai hinted many times that he had been sleeping.

 

 

 

 

After yawning for the fifth time, Kai had his eyes back on the blackboard.

 

 

 

 

Sehun has been staring at the board for too long so that he let his eyes trail around the room. He was sitting next to the window which was very advantageous. If he would be bored he could just look outside- it was definitely better than staring at equations or a boring teacher. When he looked through the window he saw the usual stuff. The football field, baseball field, benches and a boy.

 

 

 

 A boy?

 

 

 

That was unusual.

 

 

 

Moving slightly to the left, Sehun leaned his elbow on the window sill and rested his cheek on his fist. He could clearly see a boy who was wearing no particular uniform, picking up white balls. He was kneeling on the sandy baseball field and picked them up one by one. Then he put them into a red bucket. Was that his job? Or was he punished to do that?

 

 

 

Even after picking the balls up, he turned his head to the left and right to check for more balls.

 

 

 

There was some dirt on his left cheek which he brushed away with his palm. He stood up and finally raised his head so that Sehun was able to look at his face. It was not that Sehun was primarily interested in him. He was interested but only in his whole appearance. Sehun had after all nothing better to do. He was lucky when he was able to see his face because he thought that the other would run off.

 

 

 

 

But Sehun didn't expect him to look directly up so their eyes instantly met.

 

 

 

 

 

Usually Sehun looked at people for not more than a couple of seconds. He wasn't much interested in others because it wasn't his business. It was not that Sehun would have anything to do with all the hundred or even thousands of people he looked at throughout his whole life. Looking once was fine for him...then he would carry on with his life. Though this time he didn't follow his own rule because Sehun did not move his eyes at all.

 

 

 

The other boy didn't either.

 

 

 

He seemed too fragile to be a player with that body of his. Seeing that he had troubles with holding the bucket only confirmed that. What surprised Sehun was that he didn't even gave the impression of being confused or creeped out that someone was staring at him. From his appearance it was easy to say that he showed all signs of being a typical flower boy. His dyed brown hair appeared to look blonde in the sunlight and his soft features fitted well with his also frail body.

 

 

 

The bell ringing snapped both of them out of their staring. The ringing indicated that the lesson was over and the next one was going to follow. The piercing sound interrupted Sehun's thoughts, and he watched the other boy run away while holding onto the bucket. He was probably rushing to his next lesson. With the passing seconds a new expression settled over Sehun's face, it was vague and he straightened his shoulders as he leaned back in his seat. This was exhausting even though he didn't do much.

 

 

 

He briefly closed his eyes and soon enough heard his classmates start laughing and excitedly chatting.

 

 

 

Kai next to him moved closer before asking a question he always wanted to know the answer of. "Say Sehun...what do you think of Lu Han?"

 

 

 

As this was asked, Sehun opened his eyes and looked back at the other. "It's a little difficult to form an opinion of someone you don't know nor ever heard of." His tone was hinting that he was stating the painful obviousness of the answer. Kai just apologetic grinned at him, well it was not that Sehun would know every person from their school. To his defence, Lu Han was somewhat well known amongst students so he assumed that Sehun must have caught something about him.

 

 

 

It didn't look like it.

 

 

 

That didn't stop Kai from continuing though, "I really thought that you would know about him. The silent busybody. Lu Han is mute. Well that's what we think but apparently he can speak...I think. He's in almost every club...like four. According to teachers he's hardworking but it's a shame he ignores us students."

 

 

 

Sehun considered the new information, slipping it into to the calm, systematic perception of his thoughts. And still he didn't come up with anything special, "Well good to know." It seemed like something everyone knew and would be able to talk about. Just from seeing Kai's bright face it was easy to tell that it was a talk worthy topic. It was a shame that Sehun couldn't be bothered about that as he prepared the books for the next lesson.

 

 

 

 

It was just typical high-school drama, nothing to talk about for a long period of time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun forgot his jacket.

 

 

 

 

After about eight hours, he had noticed that he didn't have his jacket with him.

 

 

 

 

Instead of checking all the classrooms he was in, Sehun headed straight to the one he was a hundred percent sure. It would have been a waste of time if he would check all the other classrooms with little to no certainty. The more he approached the classroom, the stronger was the feeling that something was out of the ordinary. He really didn't know why. Once he slid his right hand from his pocket, he tugged the door open and could already hear a bit of noise.

 

 

 

Narrowing his eyes in interest, Sehun entered and could already someone who was not supposed to be there.

 

 

 

 

The boy from earlier who picked the balls up was holding onto a broom. He was now wearing their school uniform which was surprising to look at. But it was noticeable that he wasn't glad that Sehun or someone was watching him. A quick glance at Sehun added to his nervousness. His posture was uncertain and embarrassed. Everything about him screamed 'insecure', as if he was bracing himself to confront an issue he had long hoped to avoid.

 

 

 

Sehun gazed at the blackboard where the names of those responsible for cleaning were on. "Why are you cleaning up? It's not your job."

 

 

 

 

The boy was obviously flustered as he accidently dropped the broom and had troubles picking it up. When he did, he quickly put it back in place and was ready to leave. Sehun had never told him to leave so why would he go? He sighed because his words were totally misunderstood, "You don't need to-"

 

 

 

 

 

He stopped because the sound of a bag falling down interrupted. Sehun's eyes moved to the source of that sound and could already see the boy shoving his books into his bag. It wasn't for long but Sehun could definitely read a name written on one of the boy. Though it was quickly covered by the other's hand who was very fast with packing. Sehun couldn't even lend him a hand. Well at least he had seen the name.

 

 

 

Lu Han.

 

 

 

 

Looking up Sehun tried to recall that name. Wasn't he the one who Kai was taking about? "Anyways. I think you should leave because a teacher will soon come. We aren't meant to stay for too long." What caught him off the guard the most was, that Lu Han was in his classroom. He doubted that anyone else had used it because the writing from his earlier lessons were still on the board. So what was Lu Han's reason for coming?

 

 

 

 

There was no reply from Lu Han. Maybe he was naturally clumsy but he was still trying to get all the books into his bag. Kneeling down didn't seem to do much. Sehun couldn't see that anymore because he could practically feel how a teacher was going to come. So he had no choice but slightly kneel down and also reach out for the books.

 

 

 

 

"Here." Sehun absentmindedly said and stretched his arm out to give him his book.

 

 

 

Rather than verball

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter