Ch 5

Fur balls and 'I love you's

I'm so sorry for not updating soon although i said i would update regularly before ;__; I got a job and been busy with it lately... But here i am with an update... i hope you havent forgotten me already ;; Unbetaed and definitely unedited, but.. Enjoy~


It's awkward. If he thinks about it, he was never been alone with the other man. There were always Minseok and/ or Lu Han around them. But the other two cats are going for grocery and leaving Jongin alone in the duo college students' apartment with the eldest cat, Yi Fan, who seems to prefer doing something in his notebook to engaging conversation with him. He suddenly misses Lu Han's weird questions. Yi Fan doesn't look minding the silence, but Jongin honestly can't. For him it's not a comfortable silence like how it is with Minseok.

Still, Jongin tries to pretend that the silence is comfortable between them. He review the English material he has to memorize because he has a small test tomorrow. But somehow, his head isn't in his right mind and he keeps reading the same sentence again and again.

"Who do you want to invite to the wedding, kitty?" Yi Fan's deep voice suddenly surprises him. He actually talks to him!

"I'm listing our guests. I don't think I know who you want to invite." He continues. Jongin thought the golden cat doesn't like him. He is glad it doesn't seem the case. Maybe he's just busy all of this time.

"Should we discuss this with your parents?" Jongin thinks he hasn't been considering the guests from his side. Maybe he does need to discuss with his parent.

"Do you want to invite your schoolmates?" the elder asks again although he hasn't even answered the first one.

Jongin thinks. He hasn't tell anyone from his school about him going to get married. Suddenly he remembers a cat girl in his class who said she likes him. He always rejected her, though. But she never gave up. He is kind of sad thinking that maybe he'll hurt her feelings.

"Actually, hyung... There's this girl in my class who likes me. I want to invite my classmates but I don't want to hurt her." Jongin tells the older cat.

Yi Fan stops staring at his notebook and looks at him with a curious look that makes him blushing because of the sudden attention the older man giving. The older cat is indeed handsome. His facial feature is nice and his eyes are sharp like they pierce on your soul. He looks so cool.and mature. Jongin feels so small like a useless kid. That's definitely not a feeling he needs to feel right now. He pushes away the deprecating thought.

"Well, when you choose to marry Minseok, the girl will eventually know sooner or later. I think it's better sooner than later so she can move on faster. Or you can drop the wedding if you want. It's not too late. I suggest you do the latter," Yi Fan says easily. Nope. Not cool. He is a jerk.

"Hyung~! How can you say that?!" Jongin whines and pouts.

"Sorry, kitty. As much as I want to treat you like a little brother, we are still rival for Minseok's heart." Yi Fan doesn't seem to care anymore and turns his attention back to his note.

"Hyung!" he calls desperately. Giving the older man a kicked puppy eyes when the latter finally looks at him.

YiFan sighs. "Really Jongin. You can't make everyone happy. Some people do get hurt for our happiness. But they'll move forward eventually."

Jongin blinks in apprehension at the elder saying. It's true that he can't make everything going as he wants. He can't make everyone happy.

"So... You'll put your friends in the guest list or not? I need to get the number as fast as possible." Yi Fan is back doing something with his notebook, leaving Jongin to think alone.

After a while, he decides that the elder is right. The sooner is the better for the girl. He can't make her having her hope on and on.

"I'll give the list of my guests tomorrow. I'll consult with my parents too." He says. He sees the other just nods his head then they are back to their awkward silence. When will Minseok and LuHan come home? He doesn't really like being ignored so blatantly like this.

He busies himself looking at the photo scan of his kitten that is put on the coffee table for everyone to see. He smiles everytime the thought of playing with his kitten in the future. It's still hard to believe that he is going to be a dad in such a young age. He is still a high school student. Well, he'll be graduated in the next four months but still. He recalls his school life. He never has a girlfriend or crushing someone except Minseok who is his crush but definitely not a girlfriend or boyfriend. He is a bit of nerd actually. That's why it's a miracle that there's a girl who actually likes him. Talking about high school...

"What kind of student were you at school, hyung? Did you have girlfriend or boyfriend?"

"Hmm, I was just a normal rich student in a private school. Nothing unordinary." Jongin wants to rewind the time and un-asks the elder. Isn't he just bragging?

"Of course I had a girlfriend. If you were curious about what my ex girlfriend was, she was fine. She was pretty and smart and rich." No. He isn't curious about how the girl was. Jongin really, really wants to un-ask now.

"Her parents like me and my parents like her too. We were pretty cool couple back then. She was perfect. Our relationship was perfect."

"Did you break up then? Why?" he decides to just ask anyway.

"We continued dating until the second year in high school. She transferred to different school then I lost contact with her. Since then I didn't date anymore until I met Minseok." Yi Fan answered uninterestedly while continued typing in his notebook.

"Do you regret that you can't be with her in the end?" He never had love before Minseok. So he is rather curious about the other's love life before Minseok.

"No. Why should I when I have my Minseok by my side now? She's a part of my life. I never regret anything about her. Without her, there wouldn't be me who met Kim Minseok."

"So you aren't gay from the start? Is it Minseok-hyung who changed you?"

"Rather than saying Minseok made me gay, it's more like I don't really care about gender as long as I love the person. And Minseok was just right on the picture when my heart felt so lonely. It was love at the first sight." Yi Fan starts looking dazedly as he recalls the memory of his first meeting with Minseok. And Jongin regrets his decision to be curious as the latter becomes more expressive and talk-active as he tells him their love story. Jongin definitely isn't interested to hear his story with Minseok.

Yi Fan is just in the middle of telling the poor youngest their first ual night two years ago when Minseok and Lu Han finally come home. Finally. Minseok, hearing a bit of the nonsense his oldest lover sputtering at the red faced Jongin, immediately runs to tweak the elder's golden furry ear.

"What are you talking about, you stupid giant?!!" Minseok shouts agitatedly to the unexpecting ear. His face is red too. How can he tell Jongin about their bed scene? It's not like Jongin never knows the on-bed version of him, but it's still embarrassing.

Yi Fan jumps at the sudden max volume ringing in his ear. He looks pitifully at the pregnant cat while holding his poor ear.

"Minseok-ah..." he whines like a kicked puppy, or kitty? No. Kitty doesn't whine.

"You're such a hopeless sap, Yi Fan." Lu Han comments after he puts the grocery bags on the kitchen counter. His smirk gets on Yi Fan's nerve.

"Say as you want, Han. I don't want to hear it from someone who failed to make a candle light dinner for Minseok and almost burnt the house instead." Yi Fan says with a winning smirk as he sees the light brown cat's horror face.

"H-how could you know? It's a top secret. And it was like... Three years ago! It's just me and Minseok who knew." Lu Han is terrified. He suddenly turn his head to Minseok, questioning. Minseok shakes his head immediately, after realizing what Lu Han is implying. No. He never told a single soul about the accident. Lu Han is devastated.

The wicked smile in Yi Fan's face widens. "I have my source of information."

"B-but... A-actually... It's because I was clumsy then knocked on the candles that it became messy." Minseok grimaces bitterly.

Yi Fan looks surprised. "Oh... Sorry." Lu Han sticks his tongue out to him. Yi Fan pouts.

Jongin starts to ponder the existance of maturity of his hyungs.

---

It's the 7th week of Minseok's pregnancy and just three days before the wedding. Minseok is quite nervous. No. He is very nervous. He is sure he got the measurement of his tux right when they went for fitting. But now the trousers feel so tight in his waist. He sees his reflection on the mirror. He doesn't see any change in his body, but can it he already gain some weight?

He runs from his room with glassy eyes, searching for his bestfriend, his to-be husband.

"Lu Han! Lu-ge!" he calls with a cracked voice due to the sudden urge to cry.

Lu Han comes from the kitchen with a smile. But his smile soon falters when he sees Minseok on the verge of crying (again -- the 10th time of this week).

"Minseokie!" he hugs the pregnant boy who immediately goes straight to his open arms when he notices where he is. The white eared cat sobs lightly in his embrace.

"What's wrong, baozi?" he asks as caressing his hair gently.

"T-the trousers...can't fit. I'm becoming...fat," he says between sobs. Lu Han kisses his forehead then his lips.

"You said it yourself you don't mind being fat. You know that we love you no matter what, right?" Minseok nods but still sobs.

"Bu-but the trousers..c-can't fit. It's for the wedding. I can't get married without them," the white cat reasons. Lu Han slaps his forehead mentally. Pregnant Minseok is the cutest thing ever. His mood swing gets him thinking hard about the most weird things.

"Minseok, baobei. You can still get married, okay. We will go to the bridal boutique then switch them with the more comfortable trousers you can wear." He explains patiently.

"Can we do that?" Minseok looks at him with a hopeful expression which is cute, considering how simple it actually is.

Lu Han smiles then slids down on his knees, hugging his waist. He shoves up Minseok's shirt, exposing his still flat tummy then gives a kiss right below the bellybutton which makes Minseok giggles. His bang brushes the pale belly.

"Kids... We'll get your mommy something comfortable so you guys won't be squeezed." Lu Han talks to the tummy before kisses it. Minseok laughs lightly as he feels Lu Han's warm breath then plush lips on his skin.

Lu Han stands up on his feet again. "Now, change your clothes, we'll have a date. Just you and me." Minseok nods happily before enters his room to prepare himself.

"I'm so sorry for what happened just now, Lu-ge. I don't know what's eating me. That was so stupid." Minseok says while covering his face embarrassedly, remembering the most recent mood swing he had.

They are walking side by side to the bus stop, hand in hand, going to the bridal boutique. The unfit trousers were tugged neatly in Lu Han's free hand.

"That's okay, baozi. I'm quite enjoying it. You are so cute at times like that." Lu Han says with a laugh. Minseok pouts.

"Then I'm not cute when I'm in my normal condition?" he sulks. Lu Han blinks confusedly. It starts again, he says mentally.

"Since when do you like to be called cute, Minseok-ah?" Lu Han asks matter-of-factly, wakening Minseok from his almost-hormonal swing. Minseok sighs.

"You're right. I must be crazy right now." He slaps his own face lightly.

"B-but.. If it's YiFan and you and Jonginie who calls me cute... I.. I don't hate it." He admits shyly. His cheeks colors with pink prettily. Lu Han squeals inside at the super adorable sight and resists the urge to just crush his lover in a big hug. He satisfies himself with hugging the smaller cat's shoulders and brings him closer to him as if they aren't close enough.

"You are so cute, Minseokie. Always the cutest."

The bridal boutique let them change the size. It's a fortunate that the trouser size Minseok needs is available in the day of the wedding. They exit the boutique when Minseok's stomach rumbles. Minseok blushes and Lu Han laughs.

"Let's eat, baby." He says without teasing (afraid of the possible mood swing if he does. As much as he likes it, he's still not ready to make a scene in public). Minseok nods and happily swings their entwined hands.

"So, what do you want?"

"I want pasta." Minseok says with a toothy grin.

"Call." Lu Han agrees.

They go to a small pasta restaurant near their apartment. They sit across each other then the waiter hands them the menu. After they orders the foods, they wait for them to come.

Lu Han, being a happy catman he is, holds Minseok's hands that are over the table. Minseok smiles shyly at him.

"I still can't believe we are actually going to get married." He says as bringing Minseok's hands to his lips and kisses the back of them, making the white-eared cat blushes prettily at the public display affection.

"I really love you, Minseok-ah. As much as I don't want to admit it, I'm indebt at Yi Fan for giving me the chance. He's quite nice for not claiming you for himself at the end. Or maybe I should thank you for being pregnant because, if you weren't, I doubted Yi Fan ever thought to share you." Lu Han grimaces at the thought. The pregnant cat giggles at his same-age lover's rampant and squeezes his hands endearingly.

"Yi Fan told me that even without the babies, he was going to ask you about that. Don't think bad about him," Minseok smiles at Lu Han who blinks his eyes after hearing the story.

"I guess he's not bad." Lu Han whimpers embarrassedly. Minseok laughs at him and he can't help but smiles seeing his love laughing beautifully.

"You are so beautiful, Minseok."

That's what he says before, but now, he doubts his eyes. I mean, he still thinks Minseok is beautiful of course. But now, it is... A bit messy there.

"Min, baby, slow down. You gets the sauce all over your mouth." Lu Han chuckles in disbelief as his almost-OCD Minseok is eating so messily.

Minseok is surprised and stops eating. He turns from his delicious carbonara to look at his lover's endeared face. White sauce all over his lower face. Truthfully, if Minseok were aware of what he was doing, he would think he ate like a pig. But he is pregnant and he is starving. He can eat truck in a blink of eyes if he wants right now.

Lu Han laughs at his ridiculous confused face and decides being a good friend, lover, husband, that he is, and wipes the mess on Minseok's face off of him with napkin. As much as romantic it can be, he doesn't trust his bare hand is suffice to clean that amount of mess Minseok creates for himself. Minseok laughs like a baby after he finishes cleaning him then came back to dig on his pasta and once again painting his face with the creamy sauce. Lu Han decides it's wise to let Minseok empties his plate first before cleaning him agan.

They finishes eating with Minseok ends up eating three servings of pasta and a mini tray of pizza by himself, much for Lu Han's extended disbelief. They comes home hand in hand with happy stomache and unnerving excitement.

It's just three days left before the D-day.


Hope you like it.. ^^ Comments will be lovely :D

(I have to update my other stories too OTL)