Ch 1

Fur balls and 'I love you's

Minseok stares at the pregnancy test bar with a frown. Two ing red lines. How the hell it can be? From all 98% possibility he wouldn't get pregnant, why does he fall into the 2% doom for all it means.

The news gets him dizzy and uh oh, he wants to throw up! He runs into the bathroom hurriedly before throwing away all his breakfast to the toilet bowl. ! Is that his delicious pancake floating in the water? His fluffy white cat ears go flat against his messy dark hair and his tail sways against the floor in nervous way.

"Minseok-ah! You okay? Are you sick?" There comes his best friend and house mate in panic. Minseok looks at the other with watery eyes due to the vomit.

"It's okay, it's okay. I get you." The boy, Lu Han, helps him clean up from his messy state. He brings him to sit on the couch in the living room and brings him water which he takes oh so gratefully. Minseok presses his head to the other shoulder to calm himself. He needs to think clears and Lu Han's soothing path in his back help a lot. His white tail entwines with Lu Han's light brown one on their side. His friend's sweet masculine scent is always successful at calming him down.

No. They aren't lover. That's the first problem. They aren't lover but they had several times when Lu Han was down and desperate because he loves him so much. Minseok actually loves him too, but here comes the next problem. Minseok is engaged.

Minseok is going to get married with another cat, a golden furry cat named YiFan. Yi Fan is Minseok's lover, a young lecturer in the university he and Lu Han attends for different major. While he majors in Kid Education, Lu Han is in Literature and Yi Fan teaches Art. But really. They are cats and males. Changing partner is usual and he isn't supposed to get pregnant (so easily). And he knows Yifan knows the deed he and Luhan did. And Yifan maybe ed with other cats too while they are together.

The third problem and the biggest one, maybe... Lately, it's not just Yi Fan and Lu Han he had with. There's a young black cat with y tanned skin, his tutoring student-- a high school student for hell's sake!!!- his name is Jongin, who kind of screwing around with him lately. Well he really shouldn't get pregnant, especially with this kid. He just hopes that the fetus inside him is Yi Fan's or it will be bad. SO BAD.

Minseok isn't going to tell a single soul until he gets a confirmation from the experts about his pregnancy. That's why in an early Monday, he visits a hospital. And for his dismay in the end, his doctor, dr. Yixing congratulates him earnestly, clueless to his inner turmoil, and orders him to get check up frequently because male pregnancy is rare and he is excited to deal with one. Minseok feels like a guinea cat somehow. He doubts if he wants to do his next checkup with that crazy bunny doctor.

Minseok was in blank mode when he was inside the clinic room so everything the doctor said to him just enter his ear without processing. Now that he is outside, the result paper in his right hand, he starts to repeat what that bunny doctor said just now.

'Congratulation, Mr. Minseok. You are pregnant with four kitten. You are in your forth week. Why don't you check up sooner? Please take care of your health and the babies'. And come to have checkup often.'

"!" he curses aloud. He has four baby kitten? ING FOUR BABIES? And this is just his first pregnancy. He wants to cry. Hmm maybe that's why he feels gluttony lately, even Lu Han and Yi Fan were scared he would eventually eat them too. He has four creatures growing inside his belly.

There's another problem that comes with the fact that he has four kitten. Being a cat he is, the father of his babies can be one of them, two of them, or all of them. ! He is going to marry next month! What should he say to Yi Fan?

He feels like crying.

Suddenly a warm hand pats his head and he looks up. Yi Fan is smiling at him. So it turns out, he was unconsciously walking to the campus. And it's just his bad luck that Yi Fan finds him. He is lost in Technics building for crying out loud! How can the older cat be here?!

"You okay, baby? You don't look good." YiFan's golden eyes are searching his dark ones. Not wanting to worry his fiance (yet), he smiles then tiptoes to peck his lips.

"I'm okay. Don't worry." Damn, he lies through his teeth easily. He knows he has to tell his lover about his condition, but he is afraid. What if Yi Fan doesn't like to have a kid? Well he was supposed to marry a Queen if he did want kitten, right? It's not like he expects him to give him kitten. And what if the litters are none his? Yi Fan will hate him! No!!! He doesn't want it to happen!

"What are you doing here, Fanfan?" he asks with a smile. He tries to distract himself from horrible thoughts.

Yi Fan shrughs. "Chanyeol wanted to meet me. It turned out he just want to show off his new puppy toy, Bacon or something. I wonder when he is going to settle down." Chanyeol is Yi Fan's friend, a doggie lecturer in Electrics. He often played around with younger male dogs. The last time they heard, his play puppy was a beagle named Jongdae before changing to this Bacon dog.

Minseok grimaces. Somehow he feels unreasonably guilty. No. He can't deal with this lot amount of guilt. They are going to marry next month and Yi Fan is in the middle of preparing the best for them both. He can't possibly prolong the breaking news and has his beloved crumbles in the last minutes. He loves him so much to let it happen.

"YiFan..." Minseok starts hesitantly. They are walking to the direction of Yi Fan's lecture room. Not that he has any class there. They just often use the place to spent time together when he doesn't have class, the elder doesn't teach and Lu Han isn't around to distract him. Lu Han has no class in Monday and prefers spending his precious leisure time lazying at home.

"What is it, Minseokie?" he asks calmly. His hand on his shoulders gives him a comforting rub so he can continue.

"Uh, there's something I want to tell you."

Yes. He will tell him bravely. If there's someone he wants to break the news first, it's definitely his lover because he is his everything. The news very much possibly breaks any relationship they have but Minseok doesn't want to hurt him with lies that will get eventually revealed as his tummy growing bigger and bigger. And with four baby, he is sure it will be in no time showing up. Well, he is ready for the consequence if it's not turned out well. It's not like single parent is uncommon in cat society. He just need to deal with it.

They arrives at the elder's empty class room and Yi Fan locks the door to ensure no one barges in without permission. Then they sit in a couch that's placed weirdly in the corner of the room.

"Now, what do you want to tell me?" The elder asks as he caresses Minseok's soft dark brown hair that contrasting prettily with his white triangular ears. Minseok purrs for awhile because YiFan scratches behind his ears lovingly. It makes him lost concentration actually. So with so much will-power he grabs the older's hand and holds it tight with his two small hands.

"The thing I will tell you is... I'm afraid it will make you angry then you will break up with me but I completely understand that-

"Minseok! Minseok, dear. If you mean about you mating around with other male cats, you know that I know it already and I'm not angry. Okay, I might be jealous. But not angry. You don't need to be afraid about tha-

Minseok stops him by shoving the pregnancy result paper to his hand. "Read this." He commands softly, as if afraid of breaking apart in that very moment.

Yi Fan blinks confusedly but obeys. It's from a hospital and he wonders if his lover is sick. He opens the folder and he is shocked to read the header. Pregnancy check up?

"You're... pregnant?" is all he asks in confusion.

Minseok nods and sighs. "I went to the hospital this morning. It's been a month. That's what the doctor said." He starts to blabber and he can't stop. "And if you haven't read that part yet, I'm pregnant with four kitten. You know I mated around, so as you can guess, I don't know whose the sire of my kitten, or sires maybe, is. So I won't blame you if you hate me now and want to break up with me. I don't even know why I'm pregnant. It's just ing 2%-

"Minseok," Yifan cuts off his blabbering. He holds his trembling hands and rubs them soothingly. Minseok looks up at his fiance in desperation.

"Tell me, Minseok. Who is or are the Toms you were mating with lately?" he asks softly as if afraid to scare the smaller cat.

"I-it's you, Lu Han, and Jongin..." he answers in low voice, feeling guilty.

Yi Fan lifts an eyebrow in disapproving fashion. "Jongin? Your student? The high school boy?"

Minseok bows his head down deeper. He knows how wrong it is. Although a highschool age cat is legal age by laws, it's still better not messing with them. They are still in school.

"I-i'm so sorry, Yi Fan. I know you hate me now. And the wedding..." Minseok doesn't know since when his tears falling but now he knows as it starts flooding his cheeks with warm liquid. The thought of cancelling the wedding is so heartbreaking for him. After all the effort they made together, hurting Lu Han's feeling in the process although the latter forgave him in the end, and opposing Yi Fan's parents because their only son is supposed to be wed to a nice breed Queen, and so on and now all of them will turn into ash-

Suddenly he is lifted and placed to Yi Fan's laps, facing the elder as his tears being away. Yi Fan is smiling beautifully at him and he feels like crying louder but he is ashamed so he just sobs uncontrolably.

"The wedding will still happen, Minseok. It will still happen whether you like it or not. You can't cast me away just because you may litter other cat's kittens. Since Lu Han is possibly the father too, maybe we should tell him about the possibility being a father. I'll let him join to marry you, too. I know you love him, too, right, baby?" Yi Fan's words are soft and calming and full of love and understanding and Minseok cries harder while hugging the perfect male cat before him. What did he do to deserve such an angel?

He looks at the older cat in disbelief. How can someone be so kind? Feeling relief that Yi Fan doesn't throw him away and even consider Lu Han to marry him too, more tears crawl out of his eyes again.

"Thank you, Yi Fan. Thank you so much. I love you so much, you know." He hugs the elder tightly as he burries his face to the other's chest.

"I know, baby. I know. I love you, too. More than you can think of." Yi Fan hugs him, kissing the crown of his head and his ears.

Suddenly Minseok remembers something.

"Then, how.. about Jongin?" he asks between sobs.

Yi Fan just calms and caresses his hair for awhile. Maybe he is thinking or maybe he doesn't understand his sobfully question or maybe he is angry. Well he doesn't seem to like the fact that he was ing with a high-schooler. That's for sure.

"We have to let him know too." Suddenly Yi Fan cuts the silence. Minseok's heart is beating fast. Letting the kid know? Isn't he destroying the kid's future by doing so? Of course Minseok's care for him hasn't reach love level but he does care a lot about the younger cat.

"Uh, i'm not sure, Fan-ah." He mumbles unsurely.

"He needs to learn being responsible, Minseok-ah. The kitten is maybe his. Of course I won't let him marrying you that instant. It's better to tell him that it's possible. But because we aren't sure so we have to wait until the kitten are born. He doesn't have to marry you if the kids aren't his. Well, although if they are, he still doesn't have to do it if he doesn't want," the golden cat ponders his decision. Minseok laughs lightly although the trace of tears is still very much visible.

"Why are you the one who manages with whom I'm going to marry?" he teases. Yi Fan smiles that cute gummy smile. He is happy that his love is already cheered up.

"Minseok... Do you like Jongin?"

Yi Fan's sudden question catches him off guard.

"Wwhat? No! I care for him but not in that way... I think..." he is unsure of himself. Yi Fan laughs lightly.

"That's okay, Minseok. It's already happened. Those kitten maybe even have three father. So... The more the merrier, they said. I'm glad my friend got me a house that big enough for five family. I think I'll take it for now. Who knows how many kitten we'll make later." Yi Fan says easily to ease the younger. That's what Minseok likes about the older cat. He is so mature and calm and easy-going and loves him so much. Minseok is blessed. But that last words...

"Yah! What do you mean more kitten? This pregnancy is rare, you know. It most-likely won't happen again. Look for a pretty female cat if you want more litters!" Minseok pouts. Yi Fan kisses the pout and the kiss continues into a wet one until a knock is heard. Yi Fan whispers 'I love you' before he puts Minseok down on the couch and walks to the door.

Minseok sees YiFan's students filling the room and some of them greet him as Mr. Wu Minseok because their relationship is not a secret. Yi Fan was openly marking him in campus right after they were officially going out, leaving no space for any possible rival (Well there's Lu Han, then Jongin, but that's completely different case). Minseok blushes at the name as usual. He decides to walk out the room after kisses his to-be husband and gets a loud cheer from the students.

Somehow Minseok feels more alive and refreshed after telling his problem to Yi Fan. Next is telling Lu Han, then Jongin. But this time, he won't face it alone. YiFan will be by his side. And that's more than what he could ever ask.

-----

Ta-dah!!!!
Look what i've done when my other fics still unfinished. But I can't help it >.<

Btw, bear in mind that they are cat, animal-human creature. Should I call them animan? Lol. I mean they are human but also has need and the nature of a cat or animal. So.. That's why they are a bit weird about the whole mating thing.. Since..well.. you know...cat is sooo un-monogamous. (I spent a disgusting amount of time to learn about cat's mating thing.)

In case you don't know:
*Queen = mature female cat
*Tom = mature male cat