moonlight

my friend mr. fox
Please log in to read the full chapter

18

MOONLIGHT

 

"Are we there yet?" Gongchan asks, barely pouting at Jinyoung who is too concentrated on driving to be able to look at him. Jinyoung just hums a 'no' in response, and shakes his head. It's getting quite dark outside already despite leaving the house at quite a decent time. The sky is slowly turning into tints and shades of pink and purple, while the sun begins to hide over the horizon. They're definitely close to their destination, but not quite.

"How much longer?" The youngest whines, and turns to face the window just to see nothing but the darkness of the outside world and the barely visible stars that are beginning to peek out from the sky. It's been a while since he's been able to see the stars, since the city's lights and the not-so-very-clean sky block every beautiful thing there is.

"Just a couple more minutes." Jinyoung says, still facing the road. Gongchan pouts in his seat and faces the window once again. How he wishes that Jinyoung would at least turn to look at him for just a second.

 

It's not until about half and hour later that they arrive at a small town and stop at a gas station. Jinyoung refills the tank while Gongchan enters the shop in search for snacks and something to drink. It's way past dinner time, so cheap fast food and a bottle of water each will have to do.

Jinyoung is already in the car when he's back with the stuff, scrolling through his phone. Gongchan grunts his way into the seat beside him, then passes his drink over along with a bag of chips.

"There's supposed to be a hotel somewhere around here," Jinyoung says, putting his phone away. And then he slowly drifts away into a light sleep.

 

Gongchan wakes up to the sound of waves crashing against each other, crickets creaking in the distance, and a light breeze tickling his feet. He sits up and rubs his drowsy eyes. Once he's able to focus, he realizes that he's inside a room, sitting on top of a white, comfy bed, a huge window—or is that a door?—a few feet in front of him. The room is dimly lit by a bedside lamp, so he isn't able to so see much.

"Jinyoung," he calls out, voice hoarse from sleeping with his mouth open. There's no resp

Please log in to read the full chapter