3rd

Get Me Out From My Past!

Woohyun arrived home at 10 p.m. He wasn’t drunk, but the alcohol smell was all over him. Blame Sungyeol for those, as he was careless when celebrating a goal in the soccer match earlier. Chorong, who already arrived on 9 p.m., smelled the alcohol and put her clingy face. “Woohyun-ah, are you drunk?” He shook his head, also understood why she was like that. “You know, that careless Sungyeol was playing with his beer that all of us got sprayed by him.” He sighed and walked to the bathroom to clean himself.

She just smiled as he was singing randomly in the bathroom. She was waiting for two glass of milk in the microwave. It became their habit to drink hot milk before sleep. They didn’t really remember since when, but it was good habit. It made them sleep faster, and also made Woohyun a little bit fatter than before. He was thin, even though he was an athlete before. Anyway, Chorong was humming random song while waiting for the milk, when Woohyun suddenly back hugged her and made her surprised. But after a few seconds, she was smiling because his warmness and also soap and shampoo smell that came from him. She was holding his arm, which hug her waist. Their only interruption was the sound of the microwave, telling them to take the hot milk.

Now they were slouching on the sofa, watching reruns that they can’t see before. It was their heaven. The sofa was like a big recliner, which they can slept on it. And they were cuddling, the milk was on their side, watching their favorite program. An hour later, they were bored and they decided to take their respective pillows and snuggle inside the blanket, which was taken out purposefully. They were hugging other tightly, her head was on his chest, while his arm was on her waist. Seems like lover, right? Actually they were like this because one reason….

-Flashback-

It was their first year in the university. Woohyun already met some of (later) his best friends. Woohyun took two clubs to attend, which one of them was in soccer club. Student had to take two mandatory clubs so they could gain extra credit. He’s good and his skill was satisfying for the coaches. Sunggyu was his first best friend. He was in his second year when Woohyun first came. He also was soccer team manager, basically because he was the weakest man ever to apply for the soccer club, so the coaches decided to make him manager of team, which he accepted it happily. Meanwhile, Dongwoo was also in the team, played just for fun, he said. He also in the second year, like Sunggyu, but they were on different major.

Woohyun also had best friends from his year. Three to be exact. Hoya, Sungyeol, and Myungsoo. Woohyun met Hoya and Sungyeol also on the soccer club. They were on the same sparing team for a few weeks, and because of that they always discussed much about their practice, of course with Sunggyu and Dongwoo. Meanwhile, Myungsoo was similar to Woohyun in term of financial situation. He was also from chaebol family, and he had to take the same major as Woohyun. Myungsoo was very cold towards his classmates, mainly because of his status, which people tended to be friend with him only for his money. But he was a little bit warm to Woohyun (and later, all of his friends) after he knew that Woohyun also second generation chaebol like him. He also liked soccer, though it was hard for him to take three clubs at once. So he let go of the soccer club but he always watched his friends played and gave them insight about their skill and tactics.

Meanwhile, Chorong had two best friends, which all of them were from the same year. Bomi and Eunji, both she met at singing club. She also met Bomi at martial art club, even though they took different genre. She was hapkido, while Bomi took taekwondo. All of them were in different major, but always met when they had time. Because all of them were from other town, they always went to mall, shopping or just hang out. Eunji was also a friend of Hoya. They were from the same high school back in Busan. That’s why sometimes they coincidentally met the boys at mall, and then went hangout together. Woohyun and Chorong hid themselves from the fact that they were living together. It was bad to for their friends to know that, and they can thought something disgusting (for Chorong), if they knew about that.

They also made some fans, both group. Well, for some of them though, like Woohyun, Myungsoo and Hoya. Their fan girls always gave gifts like chocolate or drinks, and they took them because it just a waste for them. Myungsoo and Hoya’s snacks were given to either Sunggyu or Dongwoo, while Woohyun’s were given to Chorong, discreetly. Myungsoo and Hoya thought that Woohyun took all of the snacks and ate them by himself, but they didn’t care about that and shrugged it off. Meanwhile, the girls, especially Chorong, were always given letters and flowers, which they usually threw or gave back to the person they knew. Chorong sometimes brought some of the letters or the flowers to home and gave them to Woohyun, which made him a little bit jealous,

One day, it was a normal day. Students were attending their classes, taking notes from their lecturers, or just hanging out because the park was very nice to see. Then some whispering was made by Woohyun’s fan girls. They already had some suspicions, on Woohyun and a girl from the same university lived together, few weeks ago. It was obvious since a week ago, because Woohyun’s small injury on his left foot made Chorong worried and then they had been seen by students that they went to the universities together. Woohyun insisted he was okay by himself, but Chorong also insisted that she should help him because it was her nature that she couldn’t see her friends sick.

So based on that, the rumors was started, Woohyun was living together with Chorong. It was true, they were living together, but what made Chorong cried every night were this: the fan girls who started the rumors accused that she was, yeah, you know, those bad words. Wh*re, b*tch, and other words you can think of. Woohyun was pretended to be oblivious to the accusation, but always knew why she was crying before they were went to bed. Then they did their usual meeting with their group few days later. The girls who knew the problem was always tried to make her happy, while the boys just gave her their warmest gaze they can gave, and pretend not to know about that.

Eunji then started to talk, “So, today, I guess we have to clear things up, right, oppa?” She and Bomi still called Woohyun oppa and Chorong unnie, because apparently, their age difference was big that they had to call them like that. Woohyun tried to clear his throat by drinking his Americano, and started to talk. “Well, first of all, both of us were from the same high school. Heck, even we were from the same school since kindergarten. It was in junior high school that we got closer, as best friends, of course. And because of our past love relationships on the senior high school, we decided to live together. Our parents were best friends, and because of that, they didn’t mind about it, but they asked us to take business major and continue their company. We agreed and, after that, yeah you know the rest.” He was smiled to all of them, who were nodded. Chorong was still busy with her strawberry ice cream, even though she was hearing all the time.

“Then, about those nasty rumors?” Dongwoo asked him. Chorong was choked, and Woohyun tried to calm her down by patting her back. “It was those so-called my fans. They were jealous. Yeah, you know, those girls always asked me to be their girlfriend, which I always rejected. And suddenly there was a girl who so close to their “oppa”, they enraged. I already confirmed to one of my friend who actually close to that group and now he was trying to clear up the mess they made, by putting them in the bad position themselves.” Woohyun explained. “How?” Sunggyu folded his forehead, because simple things was became complicated. “Well, you’ll see in a few days. I only know the big picture, and that friend, already made some details from it.” Woohyun smiled again and back to his normal state, started to scoop Chorong’s ice cream. “Ya, that’s my ice cream!” Chorong yelled at him. He answered it with sticking his tongue out and ate again. They now were laughing because they were back to normal, at least from their perspective.

Well, it’s actually not. After the meeting, both of them were reaching home. Sighing at the same time, and Chorong walked to the bathroom, while Woohyun went to the kitchen. For past few days, they were stressed by those rumors, and their medicine was milk. Every night before sleep they drank milk, and because of that, it became their habit. That day too, Chorong called her mom to tell the story. Of course her mom was angry, but then she was calmed by Chorong’s sniff. “Omma, I miss your hug. Every night when I was a child, you always hugged me on the bed. Can you give it now?” She asked, half kidding, because it’s impossible for her omma to come so sudden. “Eii, you know that I’m busy nowadays, right?” Her mom hissed her, while she laughed. “Just kidding, omma. I just miss the hugs.” She stated. “Oh really? Why don’t you ask Woohyun then?” Her mom now . “Really? I can do that?” She asked her permission. “Mwo? YOUNG LADY!”

“Calm down, omma. Shees, you were the one who teased me first.” She shook her head in disbelief. “Oh, yeah, sorry, sweetie.” She could hear her omma giggling. “Okay, omma. It’s already late and I have morning class tomorrow. Bye, love you.” She pressed the red button on her phone as soon as her mom replied “I love you, too” and walked to the kitchen. She knew that Woohyun was waiting for milk to be warmed in the microwave.

“Hey.” She sounded weak. “Oh, hey. Here’s your milk.” Woohyun said while giving her a glass of warm milk. She smiled to him, mouthing ‘thank you’ before gulped down the milk in one-shot. She sighed like she was drinking soju and then both of them laugh. The milk stain was on her upper lip, making Woohyun a little bit nervous. He rummaged around to find napkin or tissue to wipe it, before he decided to it from her. Yeah, he’s kinda ert, but he was really a thoughtful gentleman, so he always tried to maintain his calmness about that.

He then wiped it slowly and tenderly, making Chorong blushed and forced herself to take the napkin before she blew up. “Cute.” Woohyun thought while drinking up his milk and washed the glasses. He then walked up to the bathroom, taking Chorong’s wrist as Chorong still in her frozen mode after the event. He just laughed, mentally. How they ended up like this, he thought. They ended up brushing (own teeth) together, side by side. Sometimes, he poked her cheek for few times and her response was the same. They laughed until one of them choked because the toothpaste inside their mouth. They did this since the rumor came, and they did this again and again after that.

Then they supposedly walked to their respective room, but today, Chorong walked to Woohyun’s room, faster than him. He was surprised to see her, already sitting on the side of his bed. He wanted to walk out from his room but stopped by her neck-clinch and much to his shock, he now struggled to let her go, which ended by their falling-down-to-the-bed act. “Ya, what did you do that for?” He got up and pointed at Chorong, fuming. She just replied it with chuckles first and then said, “Sorry, I just wondering.” She looked around his room before continue, “Would you mind if you hug me in my sleep? I was asking if my mom to come here and hug me in my sleep but she told me to ask you.” She said it with a little blushing.

Woohyun couldn’t believe her. What she’s asking right now? And why her mom tell her to ask me? What a strange family. But being her best friend since school and a normal man, he nodded and guided her to get inside the blanket. She blushed again and muttered, “Don’t do anything stupid, okay?” He just humming as an agreement and now awkwardly hugging her waist. She felt his warm body and can heard his heart beating. She also hugged him back awkwardly, and felt that this already enough. She’s the one who sleep first, while Woohyun just closed his eyes, waiting for the sign of her asleep. Their face was close and her breathing indicates that she already comfortable. He looked her deeply and suddenly felt butterfly in his stomach.

That’s the time that Woohyun suddenly realized, that he was in love to his best friend.


A/N: Sorry for the late update, I should have updated two days ago, but I have technical issues, so here it is. Hope you like it.

The story seems like Reply 1997 or Reply 1994, right? Somehow I bring the story to be like the dramas, but anyway, this is more satisfying for me as an author. And the school system *sigh* it's really hard to make it so it will be like that but I still use their birthyear as guidance to call hyung/oppa/noona/unnie. Hope you don't get confuse.

You can request any plot or other couple to be involved in the next chapters (less MyungEun is preferable ㅋㅋㅋ just kidding) and you can also comment about their characteristics, should I add more cheese to Woohyun's words? or not? ㅋㅋㅋ

Thank you for reading and don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote. *bow*