9th

Get Me Out From My Past!

Few days after the meeting….

“Hey, I’m going, okay?”Woohyun already told Chorong about his lunch appointment with his “best friend”.

“Can I go with you? I’m bored, and lazy to cook for myself.” She said, while sniffing his cologne. Smells good.

“Hmm, sure, why not?” He shrugged. “You already knew who I will meet and the meeting place is in that restaurant anyway.”

That restaurant? You mean my favorite restaurant?” She shouted a little as she went to her closet.

“Yeah, your favorite, sweety.” I wonder if he already knew Chorong will be going with me. Sigh came from him before Chorong came out, a little bit feminine with simple t-shirt and A-line skirt that covered till her knee.

“Ya! Who told you to wear something like that?” Woohyun saw that her outfit was very feminine that he would be jealous if other men checking her out.

“What? Something’s wrong?” She’s checking her outfit if there were something wrong with it.

“Nothing, nothing.” He shrugged once again. “Can I take a picture right now? You look so beautiful in that kind of outfit.”

“Hm sure, why not?” She posed for him, although she’s a bit embarrassed because she rarely got praised just by how she wore.

After taking some pictures, Woohyun decided to send the best photo amongst them, to his friend, whom he will be meeting in several minutes. Madam C’s rare beautiful self. She’s coming with me, bro. He added caption before sending it.

He got reply before wearing his shoes on. Oh really? Good thing I suggested that we should meet at her favorite restaurant. I knew you would bring her with you. He rolled his eyes after reading that and replying Yeah, yeah. By the way, I’m going to the place right now. You should go, too.

After few meters walking, Chorong was wondering who he would meet. “Tell me again, who are the person that we will meet?”

“I told you, you know him. You also close to him, in a way.” Woohyun rubbed his nape as he didn’t want to tell her until they arrived.

“Really? Why don’t you tell me a name?” She got curious and trying to pester him with questions.

“Well, it’s hard to explain why I should meet him right now, so I guess the explanation will be provided to you later, when we meet him.”

“Fine, as long as it’s a man, I don’t have to worry.” She decided to stop asking and sped up her walk to the restaurant.

“Hey, hey, are you jealous over a man?” He tried to catch up with her, and when he did, he slipped his arm onto her waist, and peck her cheek. “I’m a straight man, my dear. You don’t have to worry about it. And you are the only woman--beside my mom--that already filling my heart with love.”

“Nice try, cheesy man. Nice try.” She bent her eyebrows because of the cheesiness, but either way she smiled and slipped her arm to his waist.

15 minutes passing few blocks, they arrived at the “chicken feet” restaurant. It’s just a simple, traditional restaurant owned by an ordinary ahjumma, near the university complex. Students usually come here to eat home-cooked food and sometimes their hometown specialty comes up once in a while.

The place right now was not too packed, as some students went home to celebrate national holiday. Both Woohyun and Chorong looked to a certain person that waving towards them.

 “Oh, Kibum?” Chorong looked at the person.

“Yeah, him.” Woohyun replied.

“Welcome, welcome.” Kibum sarcastically said to them as they sat in front of him. “And lady, call me Key, okay?” he said to Chorong.

“What? New name?” She also sarcastically replied him.

“ Nah, just an alias I always use when I do business.” He smiled to her and then moved his gaze towards Woohyun. “No need to order. I already ordered something, especially when you confirmed that Madam C is coming with you.”

“What? Madam C? Are you inviting someone else, Key?” Chorong was confused.

“We use a lot of codes when talking sweety, especially names. That’s you, by the way.” Woohyun smiled. “And he’s the one who made it, not me,” pointing at Key who sipped his cola.

“Well, I don’t mind it, just surprised.” Chorong said plainly. “Then, why are you two planning to do after meeting here?”

“Well… Should I explain it? Or you?” Key sipped again his drink as he waited Woohyun to answer it.

“Uh, from where should I start?” Woohyun talked while scratching his not-so-itchy head. “Remember that we’ve got bad rumours on our first year?” Woohyun started with a calming tone. She nodded, so he continued, “Well, Key here is the one who cleaned up those rumours.”

“And also, made the people who made those rumours suffered for the rest of the year.” Key added, smirking as he knew what the next thing Chorong would ask.

“What!? What did you do to them?” Chorong shocked and wanted to smack Key, but Woohyun’s hand was faster to hold hers.

“I just counter your rumours with their shocking facts.” Key laughing silently. “Like, one of them was actually mistress of someone in the top employee of the government agencies. One of them was also from both your rival companies, and I think I shouldn’t tell more as Chorong would go crazy about those trivial things.” Key slowly explained.

“And what do you do exactly? I remember you sometimes skipped on some classes, also I never heard you come to any of extracurricular activities. It’s mandatory, right? Why can you skip it?” Questions were shot by her as Key calmly saying thank you to the waiter who brought the food he ordered.

Woohyun just slapped his forehead as he knew why Key still so calm until right now. “Um, sweety, I forgot to tell you something about Key’s background.” Key chuckled at his remark before scooping his food to his mouth.

“And what is that!?” Chorong grumbled, pointing Woohyun using half eaten chicken feet.

“He’s the sole heir of the group that controls Korean’s underground world.” He whispered to her ears, didn’t want to be loud as it’s deadly to say it in open space.

“Oh, from that company?” She put her scared face while looking around. No wonder her woman instinct felt so ominous. In the restaurant right now, there were a few of bulge, muscular man that pierced their thunderous gaze toward their table from the start.

“Sorry about the boys, Chorong-ah. I know their gaze are killing, but I guess they know you two mean no harm. While this cheesy boy always meet me at the campus, you are no harm to them. Even you have hapkido belt, you won’t have a chance against them.”

She nodded while munching the chicken feet on her hand, feeling a little bit relaxed. “So, I guess we have to discuss something about your relationship.” Key said. Woohyun nodded and added, “Yeah, I don’t want any bad rumors came up again.”

“Well, you can tell your fans through Facebook or Twitter for the start.” Key suggested.

“And then? Some of them will be doing things to Chorong.”

“No worries, one of my boys in the college can guard her for a while.” Key calmly said.

“Wait, what? What’s wrong with my relationship with him?” Chorong said while pointing Woohyun, again with half eaten chicken feet.

“Just a precaution. I don’t want you to be hurt again. And please, do not point that food to me.” Woohyun took her wrist and scooped the chicken feet to .

“Well, you are worrying too much, Woohyun-ah.” Key said before sipping his drink. “You don’t have to be worried on such things. They won’t disturb you anymore because of me. Also, my intel told me that some of them are shipping you two.”

“Shipping?” Chorong confused with the term.

“It means, they are pairing you both.” Key pointed both of his index finger to them.

“But…” Woohyun hesitated. “Just do it, Kibum-ah. Please.” He begged.

“Ah, jinjja, I can’t do anything if you beg to me like that.” Key rubbed his temple. “Okay, okay. I know you love her so much. So I guess I will dispatch one of the guards in the college to you. And I think a girl will be good, rather than a boy. I know you are the kind of jealousy type, Woohyun-ah.” He smirked.

“Ya!” Woohyun shouted, but smacked first by Chorong. “Just listen to him. At least I have a bodyguard for a while.”

“Okay okay. I follow your wish, princess. Jeez, I can’t get any peace here.”

“Then, it’s settled, right?” Key asked as he prepared to go out. “I have work to do in thirty minutes.” He said as he checked his wristwatch.

“Yeah, sure, go. Sorry for taking your time, I know you are so busy. Be careful, okay?” Woohyun said while finishing the meal.

Key waved at Woohyun’s remark, and then smiled warmly at Chorong. “No need to pay, okay? I already paid it. Bye you two.”

“Bye.” Chorong replied as he, followed by some men, walked out from the restaurant.

“Well, that’s Key for you.” Woohyun said after burping.

“Ya! Disgusting.” Chorong smacked his arm. He just mouthed ‘sorry’ to her as he finished up his drink.

While waiting for Chorong to finish her meal, Woohyun remembered about what happened in their first year.

A year ago, after the rumors came up…

“No, please no. I’m not a , please, hear me out.” Woohyun woke up because Chorong was talking in her sleep.

“Wake up, Chorong-ah.” He shook her body. Then she jolted while screaming, “Nooooo!”

Her breath was short, she was so pale that people might think that she’s seen a ghost. Sweat came out from her forehead.

Woohyun dried up her forehead using his t-shirt’s long sleeve and massaged her stiff shoulder to calm her down. It’s already third night that she’s having a nightmare. But she didn’t want to tell Woohyun what nightmare is. Usually after that she went to sleep again, but Woohyun couldn’t sleep, because Chorong hugged her a little bit tight and it made him awkward.

The next day, Woohyun accidentally met Key between classes. Rarely saw his friend in the campus, he asked him to meet at cafeteria for lunch. Chorong had something to do with her club, so Woohyun’s alone.

“Hey, man, sorry I’m late. Catching every single thing I missed on classes.” Key said when he arrived at Woohyun’s table. “No problem. I know how busy you are.” Woohyun replied while munching his lunch (courtesy of Chorong).

“So, how’s Chorong?” Key asked. He knew that Chorong had the worst time right now, and he also knew Woohyun felt bad about it. Sometimes Woohyun told him a lot of stories about him and Chorong, which prompted Key to be their middle man if there’s something wrong with both of them.

“She just having nightmares lately.” Woohyun sighed as he ate more of his lunch. “And may I know what’s happening? I already know the problem, but I think I need more details here.” Key gave out a reason to know more about Woohyun’s and Chorong’s problems with the rumours.

“I think it goes bad to worse, Bum-ah.” Woohyun started. “Sometimes I peek at Chorong’s locker and I found a lot of nasty things put in it. Once also she got a death threat. Crazy enough for so-called fans.” He sighed. Woohyun also told him about what words they used to make thing worse. Key just nodded and patted when Woohyun stopped to catch a breath. It’s hard for popular him.

“I want to help you on those ‘fans’ of yours.” Key started to say after hearing Woohyun’s story. “I think I can do something nasty to them. But I know you will stop me doing that, so give me names and I’ll start to bring their nasty facts to them.” He readied a pen and a notebook he always carried.

“I don’t know names though, but I think I can give you a Facebook account to start. She’s been sending me a lot of message, citing that she wants me to move out, every day since people know I live in the same apartment with Chorong.” Woohyun then scrolled his phone to find the account. “Here, you want to write her name or I just send this to your phone?” Key wrote the name while Woohyun continued explaining, “She also claims that she’s the president of my fanclub and citing some names of other people who organizing the fanclub.”

“Send those to me, but I also write it now.” Then Key ripped the paper with the names of those girls and then gave the paper to a bodyguard that happened to be seated near them. “Find their background, but please don’t do anything to them yet, just find some data.” He ordered. The bodyguard nodded and went out, ordering some other men to follow him.

“Now, time will answer this, Woohyun-ah. You don’t have to worry about those girls again. Focus on healing her and yourselves. Let me worry about those girls.” Key assured Woohyun with words and calming action, which prompted Woohyun to say ‘Thank you’ before Key left cafeteria for his business.

Couple weeks after that, Chorong already calmed down. The threats seemed to be down too. But some still sent bad things to Chorong’s locker. There was a dead rat, once, and Eunji, who accompanied Chorong to her locker was shrieking like there’s no tomorrow. “Calm down, Eunji-ya.” Chorong said while picking the dead rat disgustingly and threw it to the rubbish bin near the lockers.

“Still got those things, Chorong-ah?” Key suddenly popped out, making both Bomi and Chorong surprised. “I almost kicked you, man.” Chorong stated. “Sorry, sorry.” Key grinned. “Who’s this, unnie?” Eunji asked, a little bit scared because Key was with a big, scary guy who wore college-fashioned clothes. “Oh, this is Kibum, one of my classmate. Kibum, Eunji from Literature faculty.”

“Hello, Eunji, nice to meet you.” Key smiled. “Oh, nice to meet you too.” Eunji calmed a bit after seeing bubbly Key.

“What bring you here, Kibum?” She asked, wondering if they had same classes or not.

“Woohyun asked me to check you.” Key started. “And please call me Key. I’m not a fond of real names.”

“Oh yeah, sorry about that. Always forgot.” Chorong said.

“By the way, still got those threats?” Key asked.

“Oh yes. Not that much than before though.” Chorong lazily replied. “Wait, how do you know about the threats?” Chorong kept it quiet but apparently Woohyun told Key about it.

“Who else, dear?” Key said sarcastically. “I think I should commence the plan sooner.” He whispered.

“Hm, what?” Chorong said, while Eunji kept shut as she didn’t understand what the two talked about.

“Ah nothing. But I assure you, those threats will be end by the end of the week, dear.” Key said as he walked toward the building entrance. “Goodbye, Chorong. Send my regards to Woohyun.”

“Bye.” Chorong half-shouted. “Let’s go Eunji.” She said afterwards.

“Are you okay, unnie?” Eunji asked, wondering what happened before.

“Not that good, but I’ll survive. Got Woohyun help me all the time.” She said unconsciously.

“Oh, Woohyun oppa, eh?” Eunji said teasingly.

“Oh probably not the right time to mention him. Let’s go, Eunji-ya. I don’t want to be late.” Chorong walk a little bit faster.

Less than a week after meeting with Key, not a single threat was found. Chorong slowly built up her confidence once again with all PinkFinite help, especially Woohyun. She knew that Key did something, but shrugged it off as Woohyun assured her that Key just checked the culprits and did nothing.

After that, the life of both of them surprisingly smooth, and people didn’t care about them anymore.


A/N: I'm back, and this one is not a double update. Sorry for not fulfilling the promise of double update. I need to find enlightment for this specific story. I kinda forget where should I bring this story to. If you have any suggestion you can go comment down below.

I have new thing to show, it's Question of the Chapter. So, today's question is "From where do you know about PinkFinite?"

Mine is from tumblr blogs and images from Google. I'm basically look for a partner for Woohyun, and google brought me to WooRong, and basically all PinkFinite's pairings.

Hope you enjoy the chapter. Bye and see you!