1st

Get Me Out From My Past!

They were in a restaurant, with their respective college cliques, which happened to be called Infinite and APink. Well, actually, today, they were the hosts, of this unusual blind dating. They called it unusual because the groups were already known each other, but still insisted that this now event was called blind dating. Most of them are in the same department and the blind dating was not the right term to say this meeting, because probably the next morning they would think that this was only a usual group meeting, which always happened when they were lazy to cook and decided to eat outside.

Dongwoo then chimed his chopstick to one of the empty bottle of soju, asking for attention. “So, today, I want to thank both Woohyun and Chorong for hosting the special event. I would love to say that I hope that some of us will be a couple after this event.” He wiggled his eyebrows, which replied with laughter and chuckles from both sides, also a little smack from grumpy Sunggyu. He then raised his glass of beer and continued, “Let’s toast for the hosts, may they have a happy ending. To Infinite and APink.” They laughed again and toasted while saying “To Infinite and APink.” in unison.

The hosts, Woohyun and Chorong, were also laughing at the statement and saw each other’s eyes for less than five seconds, before continued to chat with their lovely friends. They knew that their eyes can’t lie. They were hurt inside. They knew that deep down in their heart, they wished that their friend hope was true. But they kept that feeling in their heart, knowing that their relationship was the most comfortable relationship they can have right now.

“So, oppa, unnie, did you both host this event because you want to say something important?” Namjoo innocently asks, which Hayoung nodded furiously, looking at her closest unnie. The unnie in question rolled her eyes and said, “What important thing I want to say? We made this event because someone was very desperate, begging us to host a special blind date.”

“Eyyy, like we don’t know what is happening between you two.” The honest person in the group, Bomi, blurted out what she needed to blurt out. “Oh wow, hyung, did you already scored?” Sungjong also blurted out the most unimportant things. Woohyun smacked his maknae and started to sigh. He then mouthed ‘sorry’ to Chorong, who smiled and pat his back. “Yeah, I scored a goal yesterday, on the soccer practice. So what?” They laughed and then Woohyun continued to give ignorance.

”We don’t have any announcement to make. We already told you many times, right? We’re only best friends.” Chorong used her assertive tone, tried to tell the group. “Best friends that live in the same apartment, even sleep in the same bed, that is.” This time, Sungyeol, being in his usual playful childish boy, told the group their not-so-secretive secret. They both rolled their eyes and wanted to say something to rebut that but the teases (woooo…) from the boys and shrieks (aaaaakkkk…) from the girls made both of them sighed.

“It’s not like what you think girls, we didn’t do anything stupid.” Chorong started to argue. The girls were nodded in her reply and gave their relieved sighs. “Don’t worry girls, I won’t touch your unnie before the time is right.” Woohyun gave them more assurance and then continued, “By the way, Myungsoo, already got her number?” He wiggled his eyebrows, while Myungsoo gave him glares. He tried to change the attention, and it succeeded

Sunggyu, obviously didn’t know the reason why they were in this group meeting, tried to ask Hoya what was happening right now, which he replied with a shrug of his shoulders. The other boys creased their eyebrows, confused, while the girls, besides one, were chuckling, and probably already knew why they were in here in the first place. “Oh, Myung oppa, why are you asking for “her” number? I can give it to you, though.” Pouting Eunji was teasing her close friend in the drama club, already knew where Woohyun had brought this conversation to.

The couple now chuckling and Chorong started to move to Naeun, whispering something only audible to only them. Naeun seems to be blushed and then started to ruffling her bag, looking for something, which happened to be a piece of paper and a pen. Chorong then back to her chair, welcomed by a thumb up from Woohyun for the job she done. The boys now knew where this will be heading to, and started to do other things than looking at the both black-clothed couple, pretending to kill the vibe of having a new couple in their circle.

Woohyun checked his roommate, looking deep into her eyes. She was now eating one of the finger snacks that was served, and smiled to him. She ate one more and then smiled after knew that she was being looked deeply by her roommate. He knew, from her eyes, she was very uncomfortable with their friends around. Uncomfortable, because she can’t do whatever she wanted to him, and he was very cautious to do anything he wanted to do to her. He knew that from the first time they moved together, this kind of thing will and always be the most uncomfortable situation she will encountered. He still remembered it clearly, the event that made them moved together.

-Flashback-

They were in the same senior high school. Heck, they were the same school since elementary school. They were in rich families, so it made sense that they were put in the same school, the one who only accepted children like them. But their friendship grew deeper when they were in the second year of junior high school, when he became the captain of the school’s soccer team, while she became manager for the club. Because they had to meet frequently to discuss team’s evaluation, programs and such, they became best friends. They also lived in the same neighborhood, which they almost every day went home together, like a couple. They denied everything about them being a couple, because at that time, they didn’t have feeling to each other

In the senior high school, he became girls’ favorite, mainly because he was the best player the school produced. The girls were very crazy about him, but they were keeping it for themselves as he was close with Chorong. They knew that he always walk to the home with Chorong every day, and thus rumors about the two of them came into the surface. Even sometimes they were playing in front of the public, who thought they were all lovey dovey.

But, those rumors were shut down after Chorong was in a relationship with Suho, the president of the student council. Woohyun already knew about that, because Suho asked him about their relationship and also asked his permission, because it seems that Woohyun was very protective to her, like an oppa to his dongsaeng. Of course he gave the permission, because she always told Woohyun that she liked Suho. He wanted her to be happy. These were very surprising, for Suho and others, but nonetheless, the rumors faded down and the life was not very different either.

Meanwhile, Chorong was surprised that Woohyun was also close to a girl, the quite one to be exact. He always gave fan service to his girl fans, who always waiting for him after soccer practice or match. So she thought that he was a player, sort of. But, after this quiet, beautiful girl told Chorong about how Woohyun got close to her, she knew that he was interested in her, and the girl was very careful about Woohyun approaching her. Chorong then tell Soyu what she knew about him, and wished her luck, because her time with him was cut off after she’s dating Suho, so she was sad about that and also felt pity to him.

That’s when the two of them became apart. Woohyun was busy feeding Soyu with love, meanwhile Chorong, who already moved to student council before, was also busy helping Suho with the student council. Both of them were really aware of that, but they didn’t want to disappoint both of their partners because of their close relationship. More and more days were came by, until it was before the SAT came to them. Both of couple were already in their second years, still counting, and the relationship between Woohyun and Chorong was in the lowest point. But, at that time, they were struck by lightning on the sunny days.

A month before SAT came, Woohyun had the first bad news. He had to break up with Soyu, mainly because Soyu was already arranged to marry other chaebol’s son from the start. Well, Soyu didn’t know that from the beginning and just found out that after the graduation that she will get married. Woohyun, being a loyal gentleman, was very hurt by the reality. He was very in grievance, and almost neglected his study. His mom was so worried that even his dad couldn’t make him woke up from the slumber.

That’s when Chorong came, she was asked by his mom if she can helped him to, at least, study for SAT. Chorong, who already knew the news because of the rumors floating and also Suho’s confirmation from his network, felt that she had the obligation to help Woohyun. She knew that it was part of her advice that they were involved in a relationship and also wanted to get her best friend back to be normal again.

Every day, she came into their house together with Woohyun, always welcomed by his mom, and then straight to study. She helped him to catch what he missed in school for two days and also helped him to forget about Soyu. Suho, being the understanding man, sometimes came and also helped both of them in subject or topic that they didn’t expert at. He didn’t feel jealous to Woohyun, even felt pity to him and also, for him, this was a plus point in front of her girl.

A week before SAT, Suho told Woohyun, something about his relationship with Chorong, and a secret he held from the beginning of new semester. He wanted to go abroad, to continue his study, but can’t told it to Chorong because he was very afraid that he broke her heart and didn’t want her to suffer. He also asked Woohyun to help him to give him a letter, and also made him promised to protect Chorong. Woohyun, who was very flustered and surprised, was very confused and still thinking about helping him or not. He didn’t want to involve in his best friend’s relationship and also didn’t want to burden himself. But he can’t do anything as Suho’s plan was very clear and he was also very aware that Chorong didn’t like long distance relationship. In the end, with Suho’s begs and his pity feeling toward Chorong, he decided to help him.

After the SAT and before the announcement of the test score, they were having a graduation. Woohyun was feeling a little bit sad because Soyu came with her fiancée. But he was very aware that his love can’t come back to him, so he was having big heart and met with his soccer friends, and also Chorong and Suho. Suho then reminded him about the letter and also the promise, as he was going to go the next day and don’t want to see her beautiful girl sad. He knew and patted his back, which made Chorong confused. The graduation was respectfully successful and the graduates were feeling very happy that they graduated and didn’t think about the SAT for a while.

A formal party was held after that and the graduates were with their families, mostly parents and older brother/sister. The talk there was none other than business, and some also mentioned about marriage. When Chorong was in the restroom for the time being, other woman came, probably sisters. She was ready to clean up inside the toilet before the girls outside mentioned her boyfriend’s name. She then sit again and overheard the bad news. “Unnie, don’t you know that Suho, the former student council president is going to study abroad?” the younger one told the older one. “Oh really? I guess it’s good for him. For such a smart and gentle man, it was a good decision.” After that the talk was about other boys and Chorong was very shocked that she was almost in the verge of crying.

She was indeed crying after the sisters was out and she only thought bad things about why Suho didn’t want to tell her about him going study abroad. Probably because she was very assertive about long distance relationship and that made her hurt right now. Few minutes later her phone was ringing inside her bag, and it was her mom who called. She was ready to answer it before her mom shouted, “Are you feeling sick? Why do you take so long in the restroom?”

“I’m okay mom, my makeup was very bad so I need to fix it up a little longer than usual.” She lied. “Oh okay, let’s hurry okay, there are some people I want to introduce to you.” Her mom calmed down and told the reason why she called. She replied it with ‘yes, mom’ and came out from her stall, feeling so sad but didn’t want to show it to people, especially Suho and Woohyun. She was fixing her makeup because it was ruined from the crying earlier and then out from the restroom.

She then found her parents, talked to another student parents, but didn’t know who because she only can saw their back. Her mom then called her, and then the two older ones turned back, just to see a familiar face. Then they laughed, made the Park family confused. “Oh, annyeonghaseyo, ahjussi, ahjumma.” She bowed to the two and asked her mom, “What is it, mom?”

“Eh, you already know them?” Her mom was very surprised. “Actually, we already know her, Youngmi-ah. She always came to our house after school to help our son for the SAT.” Woohyun’s mom told how they know her.

“Oh, really? That’s where you went after all, I thought you were slacking off, you know.” Her mom was very surprised but daughter. “So that’s mean that your best friend was Woohyun, right? I feel relieved then.” Her mom continued.

“Oh, she sometimes came with her boyfriend, who’s his name?” Woohyun’s mom still continued to remember it. “Suho” her mom said. “Ah yes him, how is he, Chorong-ah?”

“He’s good.” She replied with a flat tone, because of the bad news she got earlier. “Oh okay. Ya! Woohyun-ah, come here.” His mom was calling her son, who was walking with his friends. He then excused himself and walked toward her parents. He waved to her best friend and also bowed to her parents, who now laughed because the coincidence that they were never know before.

“Is this destiny, Yohan? How can they have the same fate as us?” Woohyun’s dad elbowed the other older man and then laughed together. “Wow, wow dad, you two are best friend?” Woohyun and Chorong were surprised, but only Woohyun asked it bluntly. “Oh yes, of course, we were best friend since we were put in the same base when we took our mandatory military service.” They laughed again, reminiscing the old days. “And mom?” Chorong asked her mom. “Didn’t you already know the story, dear?” Woohyun’s mom instead replied her and then also chuckled together with Chorong’s mom, because of the past. “Ah, okay.” She smiled.

While their parents continued to chat, Chorong gave Woohyun code to leave them. He understood that and asked their parents’ permission to go back to their friends. Then he was pulled to quieter place by Chorong. “What happened?” said Woohyun, with worrying tone added. He knew that Chorong was sad, it can be seen from her eyes. Chorong was in the verge of tears before Woohyun hugged her to cover her. “Don’t cry, please, tell me, what happened?”

“Suho…” and she was crying again. “What’s wrong with Suho?” He actually knew where this was going, but pretended to be calm and not know anything about it. “He is going to study abroad, right? Leaving me behind?” She asked while looking at Woohyun. “Really!?” Woohyun pretended to be surprised, but of course, Chorong knew all along. “And you already knew about that, huh?” She asked him. He then clearing his throat and looking somewhere else besides her. “Okay, spill it, young man, I won’t angry toward you.” She assured him and he told the conversation he did last week with Suho. She was crying hard after hearing the story and she knew that today will be her last meeting with him. Suho already asked her to meet her after the graduation party and did what she wanted with him.

Woohyun was confused because it was also the first time he handled case like this. But, he said to her that she supposed to be not knowing of his departure. And the letter he kept was already known by her, but he said that she should opened it after he went. He also helped her, brought her slowly to the restroom, calmed her down in front of it and asked her to retouch her mess makeup.

“Please, Rongie, you need to calm down and pretended to not know about this. You have to enjoy your last meeting with him today.” She was still crying but after hearing his last sentence, she woke up and then smiled, “You are truly my best friend, Woohyun-ah. Please forgive me, but today I won’t come to your house, I already promised that to your mom earlier, but I guess you can make a reason, right?” He just smiled and told her to fix her messy face. And after seeing her entering the restroom, he just walked back to his parents. He pulled his phone and texted someone and then went to her mom to tell what Chorong told him, with a little bit of improvisation, of course.

The next day, he went to Chorong’s house. Bringing some packages that his parents ordered him to bring, he also asked permission to go to Chorong’s room. Her mom was very grateful about that, and asked him to bring food that she prepared for her. “She didn’t come out from her room today. I was very worried about her health. May I ask about the problem? What happened?” He was thinking for a few seconds, but then he simply said, “She and her boyfriend were broke up today.” And walked a little bit fast than usual, to avoid more questions that her mom probably would ask.

He knocked and shouted, “This is Woohyun, Rongie-ah.” The door was opened and he was surprised to see unusual, messy her and also messy room. He then entered the room and she started to sob again, although Woohyun already knew that she was out of energy, just to cry. He then feeding her up slowly and after that, tried to clean her room carefully, as he always respect Chorong’s privacy. He then sat at the edge of her bed, tried to start the conversation, but nonetheless she was very indifferent and it frustrated him. He supposed to give her the letter. He then took her hands and shoved the letter to the confused Chorong. He then kissed her forehead and left her alone.

Woohyun then went out and say goodbye to Chorong’s mom in a hurry. He didn’t know why he kissed her forehead at that time. He now felt his heart beating rapidly, no, not because of running, but because of something else. And when Chorong’s face was suddenly came out in his mind, his heart was beating rapidly again. He then arrived at his home and started to forget it by getting ready as he already had a soccer match appointment later.

Meanwhile, Chorong was still frozen, partly because of the forehead kiss her best friend. She thought it was strange, but nonetheless, she didn’t think it much and felt that she held tight something in her right hand, which was a letter. She opened it and back to cry again, wetting the letter that Suho wrote for her. She knew that this would happened, because Woohyun already told about it. And the last sentences made her surprised. She then howled and cried more, and being comforted by her mother, who heard the howled. Her mother then took a peek at the letter and then understood why she was howling.

Next few days, Woohyun was only texting her few words of advice. He was busy because he was asked by his father to help him some errands. He thought something that would helped her and asking the permission to his parents. His wish that he wanted to live separately from them, to be independent and be ready for the real life before continuing his dream. His parents was okay with it at first, but then he asked for one more thing, that was to bring Chorong with him, to live at the same place together. His parents were not conservative, but because of his parents’ profession, and also the conservative community of Korea, they wanted to against it. But, then his father made a condition, which Woohyun wouldn’t like it.

He had to take business and management department for his study, and promised to continue his father’s company. He was reluctant at first. It was really hard for him to let go of his dream, to become professional soccer team. He knew that his father was very aware of that and also against it. Then he bravely decided to do it, because it was for her, for her best friend. His parents were happy, but worried that he had something bad to do to Chorong. Woohyun felt that and ensure their parents about that. He also told her mom that he wanted to tell Chorong, but her mom rejected it and let her to call Chorong’s mom first before decided to tell her.

It was a fine evening, where the two families gather in a restaurant. The feeling was like a blind date, or announcement for both of them to have a forced marriage. But the parents were so lively chatting about anything so it was very relieving situation to them. After the desserts were served, Woohyun’s father was the first one to talk about the main topic that brought them here. “So, I bet you already know about what we are going to talk about, Yohan?” The other man was nodded and also gave his words. “Yeah, I know Sang Hoon-ah. It was very hard for me, at first. But after my beautiful wife here told me about the situation, I can’t helped to say yes.” He smiled to his wife and continued. “Of course, we also have condition for her, and thankfully she accepted it.” The girl was shy but then she smiled to Woohyun. She knew that it was because of her that he can handle the SAT and he wanted to repay it. He also a gentleman, so her privacy wouldn’t be disturbed by him. Then it’s settled and both of the fathers shook their hands and the deal was concluded.

(End of Flashback)

He was checking his wristwatch and was surprised to see that it almost near the time that the boys was supposed to watch his favorite football team play in television. “Okay, the time is now 6 P.M and I don’t want miss my 7 P.M soccer match because of the black man there. Let’s go boys.” He smiled to Chorong and mouthed “I’ll pay”. She smiled back and whispering to the girls. “Oh, and don’t spend too much, okay? I know that you are going to go shopping after this.” He shouted to her in front of the cashier. “We have many things in the house, you know.” He waved and say goodbye to the girls, giving his last teasing smile to Chorong.

She rolled her eyes and then she got a message, from that boy, again. “You know, your mom always complained about the unnecessary things you bought. Please refrain it, I’m tired of your mom’s whines.” She chuckled at that and replied, “Don’t worry, I just ask the girls to help me buy some groceries. And you, please don’t drunk, I have an assignment that I need to finish tonight.” He replied with “OK” and the girls then walked out from the café and then teased Naeun for giving Myungsoo her number. It was good day for them, to be with their friends.


A/N: Hello, the first chapter is up, and sorry if it was very long to read. I don't want to waste any chapters just to introduce the characters, so that's why this is a long chapter to begin. I also fired up that this story was purely my imagination, no fact researching whatsoever so I don't have the burden to put any fact here. If you have some question or want to support me, please comment below. I will try to reply your comment as soon as possible.

Also, you can ask me personally at ask.fm/convoyerAFF, please ask a lot :D

Lastly, don't forget to comment, subscribe, and upvote. Thank you for reading *bow*