♒9♒

The Illegitimate Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]♒ The Storm ♒[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

The rain fell hard and fast, chasing all warm bodies into their homes and all cold ones deeper into the sea. Ulla, a bit of both, did neither.

Having ditched Joon, she found herself following the waves of the sea eastward. They moved with purpose away from the castle, and Ulla followed. She ran with soppy hair and a dragging dress as she went over the stone bridge she had last seen from the inside of a carriage.

She ran even faster when a familiar dorsal fin could be seen from the sea shore. Throwing her shoes to the side, she ran toward the beach, running down its length until she reached a rocky grotto. It was hidden from the eyes of the town and too far from the castle to be seen.

Glut was there in the center where the furious sea was lapping in. He gave Ulla a worried look, one not just anyone could make out considering he was a shark, but she had known him long enough to tell the slight differences in his expression.

In his teeth was a small white bundle that he placed on the wet ground in front of her. “What is this?” she asked, gently picking it up. When she opened it she found a pair of onyx pearl earrings and a matching bracelet; her birthday gifts. “What is this?” she asked, “Why did you bring this here?” Glut didn’t answer though; he couldn’t. Outside the storm raised louder and they both jumped. “She’s coming,” Glut whimpered then swam away, out of the grotto.

Ulla had not really felt the rain pelt her or the cold enter her bones, but seeing Glut’s fin disappear turned her blood to ice, her brow sweat, and her feet step backward. She palmed the jagged wall behind her, clutching the small satchel in fear. She quickly hid it in her bodice though when the water in the grotto grew even fiercer, and the hidden room became almost black with the lack of light from the outside.

A few puffs of breath left Ulla’s lips as the temperature dropped, but they soon turned thin as she watched the water before her ripple and part. Wild white hair came first, followed by sickly skin and a snarling face. Even the familiar plump shoulders looked intimidating to Ulla. She couldn’t help but press herself farther back as Ursula’s full figure emerged from the water; her inky tentacles snapping ferociously.

“Hello daughter,” Ursula purred. Ulla’s spine tingled with fear. “M-mother,” she whispered.

A disdainful look about her, Ursual floated closer toward her daughter, but not actually stepping on land. “It would seem you have been a very naughtier girl dear,” she said, “but it has been long enough. It’s time to come home.”

Ulla stared at her, eyes wide and blood rushing in her ears. Her head slowly began to shake. “No…I can’t.” That was not what her mother wanted to hear. The outside world rumbled again, lightening giving the grotto momentary clarity, and the sea roared at Ursula’s behest. “Does that little think she can take you from me too?” she suddenly screamed, making Ulla jump. Her mother gave her no room to speak though, “That red haired ditz thinks she can have it all doesn’t she? Princess and Queen; married to that pretty boy with an entire kingdom at her fingertips. She’d just like her. She took him and now she wants you! I’ll not have it! I won’t give you over to that stupid girl.”

“Ariel?” Ulla caught on, “Are you talking about Ariel? No, no. it was my decision to come; mine and mine alone. Don’t blame her for my doings. She’s innocent.” “She’s not!” Ursula bellowed, “She’s a selfish child that’s just like the horrid woman. She’ll ruin your life like mine was.” “Don’t talk about her like that!” Ulla shouted back.

Taking a brave step forward she met her mother’s angry gaze with one of her own. “You don’t even know her mother, and I wouldn’t act so innocent and victimize

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter