Chapter 8: Pray and Be Strong

A Stolen Heart

"Annyeong~ jagiya! How have you been?"

I walked towards her grave, "I brought you some flowers today..."

I put the flowers down by her tombstone. I stood there for awhile, staring and reading her tombstone OVER and OVER again.

Choi MinHee
A Great and Caring
Daughter
Sister
Girlfriend

I took a deep breath, remembering the great times.

I felt a strong hand grab my shoulders. I jumped up in surprise.

The man laughed, "Don't worry son, it's just me.."

I smiled, "Ah, annyeong~ Mr. Choi..."

"How have you been HanBin", he asked as he let go of my shoulder and stuffed his hands in his pockets, "I haven't seen you since the funeral..."

"Ah, I'm sorry for not visiting you guys and me? Well, I've been better- how are you?"

"Good. Not feeling my best as of right now but I'm hanging in there...", he said taking a deep breath.

I raised my eyebrows, "Sir? What's wrong?"

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing. Just...Mrs. Choi who is still grieving very hard for her daughter. We fight sometimes because she blames me, did you know? That the disease MinHee was diagnosed with runs in MY side of the family?"

I shook my head, "No sir. I had no idea..."

"Yup. Since it skipped me, it decided to go to MinHee but it won't happen to her brother..."

"I'm sorry, it must be hard. To you know, deal with Mrs. Choi..."

"Yeah, sometimes. That's why I always come here..."

"Well, I gotta go. My managers are here, it was nice to see you again though", I said as I shook his hand.

"Yup. See you next time HanBin..."

~flashback~

I sat in the waiting room. My hands over my face.

This is my first time staying at the hospital while MinHee was going through surgery.

"Here. Have some coffee.."

I looked up to see Mr. Choi, handing me a cup of coffee as he had one in the other hand too.

"Ah. Thanks", I said as I grabbed it from him.

"Yeah, just got some for you too because you looked so scared, maybe it'll calm you down..."

I laughed at his comment, "More like make me even more hyped and scared..."

He laughed with me, "Well, why are you scared?"

My smile faded, "Well, aren't you? I mean, with all due respect, don't you know that your daughter's life is on the line?"

"Yeah", he casually said as he took a sip of his coffee, "I am scared, secretly inside but look around you..."

I looked around at everybody else, sobbing and paranoid.

Mr. Choi continued, "I can't look scared. I have people that need me to be strong...like you. You have MinHee, she wants you to be strong. She wants you to pray for her that she'll make it through all this. Okay?"

I nodded, "Thanks for the coffee, once again and for...the...you know-the courage..."

He nodded before going back to his wife who was silently crying.

I am...I really am, I'm praying for you MinHee

A/N: Aw! MinHee's father has to be my fav character now!😘❤❤❤