Storm

Fall in love with my bestfriend

The next morning, I went to school early to catch up with Ju and I want to talk to her like I used to talk in the past. Not because I'm having some difficult time or anything but I just feel like I have not talked to her in ages. I was waiting and my class already started but I have not seen her. So, I assume she has class at a different time. During the class break, Sam disturb me….

“Hey, Lyn. You know Jonathan right? Same department as us. I think he likes your friend Ju from Medical Department. Because he keeps asking if you guys are still together as you got a girlfriend” the question confused me. Ju and I never actually together.

“So, what did you say” I replied.

“Of course, I told him that you guys are just bestfriend and never more than that. Plus, you have a girlfriend now and you guys don’t meet up often like before”. I felt annoyed with what Sam answered. Who is he to interfere in our business….

“What if we are together” I teased but somehow, I’m serious.

“What? You have Cindy” Are you playing with girls…I never thought Ju is someone who can forgive a two-timer.” Sam surprised.

“shut-up…I’m not a two-timer and Ju and I are just friends.” Not because I want to save myself but I want to defend Ju and I want to prove that Ju is not a girl like that.

“So, maybe, I can tell Jonathan that Ju is alone?” Smile sam.

“do whatever you want” I’m annoyed so, I left Sam and out to the library to get some peaceful mind and thought. Ju and I never go to library because if we are together we talk so much and in library, we are not allowed to speak. So, I headed to the library to clear my mind.

It just takes 7 or 8 minutes to walk from my classroom so, when I arrived I choose a table to sleep on. I place my right cheek on the table to sleep. I close my eyes and just then, I feel like I saw someone who really flutter my hear. I looked carefully and it was Ju…She has earphone on her ears and her eyes are close. Her face is faces directly to me. She seems tired and lonely. I thought about going to surprise her but somehow I just want to keep starring at her face.

I never notice Ju’s face and her whole appearance. I think it is because we are too close to notice detail things and I think she does the same to me too. Ju has a fair skin with dark eyebrows. She has straight hair which she parts is mostly to the left side. She is around 178 cm tall I guess because I’m 184 cm tall and she is around the same height as me. See, why did I never notice it? Ju doesn’t ususally wear dress as she said it is not comfortable for her. She mostly wear T-shirt and a thin sweater on top and Jean pant. I used to call her a tom-boy because she doesn’t wear dress and hell. I was watching her and keep thinking many things about her appearance. Why do I see Ju so different today?

 

 While I keep starring at her, I heard the alarm rang which is the alarm that Ju set up. I assume she has another class so that she set it up to not miss it. Somehow I feel nevourse to face Ju so, I turned my face to the other side of the winder so, Ju didn’t notice me. Ju is a girl like that. She doesn’t care about other people around her. I mean like in a good way. She lives in her own world so, she doesn’t even take a look at what around her. That is why she doesn’t see me. After a few seconds, I turned back to where Ju sat and I couldn’t find her anymore. I assume she left to the class.

During the lunch break, I left earlier and did not wait for Cindy. I saw Ju sitting alone. I somehow feel like we are more cautions around each other and awe are less carefree. I recall that it started since I started dating Cindy. Ju is more cautions around me and talk to me like a distant friend. I wanted to be close again so, I acted close.

 

“Hey, Ju. Alone?” I started.

“Am I supposed to be with someone?” Ju doesn’t realise but that question hurts me to death.

“No, I thought maybe some guys might want to show up around u.”

“I’m not that famous and I don’t have time for that. You are my bestfriend and don’t even know that? I feel relived after hearing Ju said that she doesn’t have time.

“You really don’t have time or not interested or no one shows up around you?” I acted like I’m teasing her when I actually want to make sure she is not interested.

“Hummmm….I’m not that ugly. Of course it is the first two points” She smirked. The answer satisfy me so, I smiled and steal the glance at her. Ju has a very fair skin with red lips and dark eyebrows. I don’t understand why I don’t realize it sooner. I keep staring and just then,…

“Hey Lyn, why did not you wait for me? Am I not important to you anymore?” I feel sorry for Ju for what Cindy said.

“What is wrong? I asked Cindy.

“Just to see your best friend, you left your girlfriend alone? Am I actually your girlfriend or is she actually your bestfriend?” Cindy started the fight.

“What are talking about people who does not involve” I defended Ju.

“Still defending?, Are you dating her or me?” Cindy scoffed. I looked at Ju and Ju face turned really red. I know she feels shy now. And there are other students in the cafeteria so, Ju must be really ashamed. I don’t know what to do seeing Ju’s eyes are tearing up but trying to hold it in.

“I’m sorry Ju. Look, Cindy, I don’t get what you are on a bout and I don’t know what is wrong with you? What the do you think you are doing? Comeon, let’s go, I need to talk to you.” I took Cindy hands to take her away from Ju. But she refused.

“I really need to make it clear. If you guys are just bestfriends then, act like one. Why do you have to do this behind my back. Cindy contined.

“Stop it” I shouted.

“It is ok, I will just leave” Ju said while looking at me smiling. I know she is not smiling. I know Ju is ashamed and hurt now.  I followed Ju to stop her.

“Ju, you can stay, I will take her away.” I said while holding her hand. Ju let go of my hand.

“It is ok, I’m going to leave anyway.  I hope things work turn back well.” Ju wishes and leaves.

I stand still in the spot until Cindy comes to my side then, I’m awaked and take her away. I feel like I really need to make things clear with Cindy. I don’t mind of loosing her but I’m worried that Ju will hate me.

“So, What do you think you are doing now? I angrily asked.

“You probably think I’m stupid don’t you? You only talk about her even when you are with me. You worry about her infront of me. You leave your girlfriends and go to see her. Doe that even make sense? How do you think I would feel as a girlfriend? At first I tried to understand since you guys are friends but now I don’t want to be with a man who thinks of someone else while being with me. None of the girl would love to be treated like that. ” Cindy shouted and cried.

“But you know that Ju is not my girlfriend. We are just friends” I replied.

“ Com’on. You are stupid enough not to know your feeling while everyone else see how…you feel. Friends???????/ hahahahaha….your show is not entertaining.” Cindy sarcasm.

“Wow…. Then, I think we are really done then, bye” I said and that was Cindy and I farewell.

Iwas very angry and left and confused at the same time. I’m confused about what Cindy said about my feelings are actually true. Just then, I remember Ju left alone so, I’m getting worried and trying to reach her number but it is unreachable. Ju turned off the phone. I couldn’t find her anywhere in the campus so, I called her mom and asked if Ju has gone back home. She told me that Ju has not. So, I told her to call or text me when Ju got home.