Drifting apart slowly

Fall in love with my bestfriend

After I did a bunch of homwork last night, I arrived at school with a sleepy eyes and heavy mind. Okay, let me tell you about myself. I was raised by a single mother as my dad passed away when I was eight. I always claimed to myself that I will become a doctor one day as I believed that the dotocr up and my dad had to die. I will become a doctor not to make other people cry but to help other people as much as I can and also I can take care of my love ones. I thought losingmy dad alone was enough for me already. We have been through different kinds of harship but I tried hard to get a scholarship for my university. I'm in the university with scholarship so, unlike Lyn, I have to try harder to reach the Sponsors limited GPA.

But I have no problem with reaching their expectation and I'm consider one of the smart girl in my uni. I have an older sister who works as engineer and she gets good income but I told her that I want to get a scholarship instead of her finacially supporting me. My sister went to the university with the scholarship as well so, I thought I should take the step too. But she bought me a motorbike and gave me a car that she does not really need to loose. My older sister is always my second mother. When I need something, I always look up to her.

She is my female bestfriend, my mom and my sister. My mom, my sister and I are living together but my sister always have to go out for work so, mostly my mom and I when there is no school. My mom knows Lyn well and so does his father knows me well. Lyn and I are going to the same university but different department. Lyn is taking Business administration course. No surprise....coz he is not that into study like a doctor needs to. We see each other everyday at school. Spending time together....eating together. When one of us is sick then, the other would keep texting and say they are bored and how the sick person is doing. We never get bored of it. We knew that this kind of relationship won't last forever as both of us will get married somedays but we just did not expect that it will be very soon.

I have class in the morning so, I head straight to my classroom. I was trying to note down everything the prof is saying. After three straight classes, I finished my morning classes and left to Cafeteria for lunch. I can imagine Lyn's frowning face while waiting for me. Surprisingly, Lyn is not waiting there so, I ordered some food by myself and start eating. 

"Hey, why are you eating alone? In my turn, I always waited for you and now, you can't wait for me just 15 more minutes? You are really mean" Frowning Lyn said to me.

"So childish" I said while look up to him as he is standing. 

"Let me introduce to you, here is Cindy. She is in the same department as me but in a different classes" Lyn said it while looking at me. "This is my best friend, Ju. We are same age, we went to same school and I think she is the closet person to me. She is a medical student in this university.

"Hi, as he said, I'm Cindy. You are from medical department so, you probably know my dad right? He is prof. Solomon" Cindy said. I took that as an introduction and not as a show off.

"Hi, I'm Ju and yes, of course, I know Prof. Solomon" i replied.

"So, should we orderd? Lyn asked Cindy.

"Sure, what do you want? I will go and get it." Said Cindy.

"No No, it's ok, I can grab it and one for you too"...Lyn replied rushly. I scoffed to myself as he always wanted me to go and get the food for him. I realized that the situation have changed once you meet your loved one.

 

 

 

Cindy sits at the same table as me and waits for Lyn to bring the food for him.

"I heard you guys have been friends quite a while" Cindy asked to break the awkwardness.

"ah yes, I think more than half of our lives" I replied.

"Then, you must know many things about him" I don't know what Cindy meant but I took it simply.

"Yes, but there are not much to know about him" I simply replied.

"Oh really? everyone thinks he is very handsome. Don't you think so? Just when she finished asking, Lyn came back so, I did not get time to answer her. Somehow, I feel like the mood is not very great between us three. So, I want to quit this place.

"Umm...if you don't mind, can I leave first to class as I have presentation this afternoon and I need to prepare something" I lied.

" Yes, sure" Cindy replied quickly.

"What? You always prepared your presentation together with me during the lunch time so, what are you talking about now?" annoyed lyn said.

"I have something to prepare and I also don't want to disturb you guys" I wink at sign him that it's ok.

"Disturb us? There is nothing going on between us yet? but anyway, you can go and I will see you after class" Lyn said that and I nodded.

 

 

 

I'm heading the class alone and somehow I feel empty. Just then, I received a text from Lyn and it says "Sorry, Cindy asked me to send her home as she is sick" I was like, I understand.I don't know what is the feeling as it is my first time experiencing it. Somehow, I'm feeling down like don't even want to move. Anyway, I have got my classes so, I forgot everything and put myself in study as education is my first priority. After the class, without knowing it myself, I have been waiting for Lyn as he said he would see me after class. i waited half an hour but i did not see him so, I left. I arrived at home and ran into my room. I don't know why but I want to cry so bad.

Tear started falling and i can't figure it out why. Is it because it is the first time I'm being ignored. Well, we have predicted already that something like that would happen someday so, what is the point of feeling sorry over other people happiness. I cried for 30 minutes that I listened to some rock songs to cure my emptiness. Since then, I understand the situation better that when you have a male friend, it is different from a woman friend. They will leave you some day when they find someone they love. So, I started learn how to live on my own that day even without Lyn. So that it won't hurt much when he actually got married.