First Period: Kris x Hanbyul

First Love Notes

HANBYUL

Ugh. Why do we have to do this? I wasn’t kidding when I told Minseul I really have no one to give the heart to. All the boys don’t even talk to me. Yujin says I could be scary sometimes. Oh well, that’s not my problem.

When will this day end? I just want to get out of here and listen to music then sleep. What I wouldn’t give to be outside right now. Too bad we don’t have field games today, not like the class out there right now. Bummer.

Hmmm, should I take Minseul’s suggestion and just pick an anime character? They’re all cooler than my classmates anyway. Or maybe the entire school …

Wait. Who is that? The teacher called out one of the boys from the class in the field. Wow, he’s so tall, maybe he’s already in middle school? He towers about half a head over everyone.   

The teacher called a couple of other boys and they started to play basketball. But even with the other boys in the court, all I can see is him, with his golden hair and winding his way effortlessly to shoot a hoop.

Wow, he’s really good. He should be in Slam Dunk. I bet he watches Slam Dunk.

“Hanbyul!” Minseul’s voice was barely a whisper but it seemed to echo in my head. How did she know I’m still distracted? “You should start writing!”

“Fine, fine, class president.” She knows I’m just teasing her, she might have hated the role but she takes it seriously. She inclines her head towards the class outside before shrugging.

Okay, I can just pick whoever right? Okay I’ll pick him. This is so embarrassing by the way.

“Dear…” Okay, cross that out. “To…” Hmmm, what do I call him? His jersey number’s 00. Okay, weird number to pick but fine.

“To Golden Ajusshi 00,

You look cool while playing basketball. Just like in Slam Dunk. I drew Sakuragi and Rukawa in my sketchbook, do you wanna see it? I’m not really that good in drawing but I can try drawing you too. Happy Valentine’s.”

Hmmm, maybe I should draw him in the heart. Too bad there’s little space left. Oh well, why am I thinking too much about this? It’s just an activity as Minseul said. Harmless.

It’s not like he’ll be able to read this anyway.