Chapter Nine

Beautiful Scars

Taemin slammed the door of his black range rover shut before striding towards the abandoned building. His sanctuary. No one was aware of the dangers that lurked behind the brick walls, the walls that were owned by Lee Taemin himself. 
Taemin walked down the sideway, towards the back of the house hearing grunts and fists meeting flesh. As he turned the corner, he saw Jin practising with Luca, one of their trainers. Jin glanced up breathing heavily and smiled at Taemin, 

“it’s about time you got here mate, I was just warming up” he smug expression annoying Taemin to the core. “Not today Jin” he mumbled walking towards the back door as Jin’s eyebrows scrunched in confusion. Taemin could hear him angrily muttering something to Luca as he followed behind Taemin.

 

“What the man? We need to practise, Ryder’s gang are getting closer to town and before we know it they are going to attack. We’ve gotta be ready!” Jin raised his voice, gripping Taemin’s shoulder and spinning him around as Taemin nudged him away. 
“I’ve got other things to take care of right now” he grumbled and Jin raised his eyebrows. 
“What could possibly be more important…oh, it’s that girl isn’t it? You barely even know her Taemin, she’s making you weak!” Jin raised his hands in frustration as Taemin’s eyes darkened dramatically. 
“I’m not weak!” he yelled, his voice echoing throughout the house. “You might want to think again mate, a lot of people think that you have no breaking point, but that girl…she’s your weakness” Jin stated before nudging past Taemin and trudging upstairs.

 

Taemin’s breathing was uneven as he screamed and punched the wall to his left, leaving a large indent. Luca walked in cautiously, “you want to practise mate?” Taemin looked up glaring at Luca, “yeah, and no going easy.”

 

***

 

Scarlett twirled her hair between her fingers, looking down at the blank paper. Her ink pen lying beside her as she thought of what to write in her journal. She sighed, picking up the pen and thought back to the eventful nights she had been having.

 

January 30th 2015: Things are changing, I’m not use to change but I’m welcoming it. Every time I close my eyes I see him, I’m drowning in emerald and dreams of darkness swallow me. 

I’m not sure how to feel about him as I know he is dangerous. But, he seems to be slightly more careful with me…more gentle. 
He scares me, terror floods my veins and shivers run up and down my spine like an electric shock. Is it possible to feel so scared but so incredibly safe at the same time? I’ve given him a chance, something I never thought I would do but he was so persistent. I just hope that things will be okay, and that the promise he made me through an uttered whisper will not be broken.

 

Scarlett smiled slightly before closing her journal and placing it on her night stand. Arching her back, she heard the slight cracks from lack of stretching. The salt lamps in the room created a peaceful aura, scents of lavender and jasmine wafting from scented candles. 
Scarlett rose from her bed, pulling off her oversized jumper and walking towards her chest of drawers before suddenly her phone vibrated on her pillow. Scarlett glanced over her shoulder walking towards the source of the noise and lifting the device.

 

8:21PM: I like you in white lace…H xx

 

Scarlett gasped and her eyes widened.

 

8:21PM: How do you know what I’m wearing?

 

8:22PM: I’m watching you.

 

Scarlett’s body was filled with horror as she glanced at her window peering down at the street seeing Taemin leaning against his range rover smirking. 

Scarlett squealed and closed the curtains before rushing to her drawers grabbing some fresh clothes and running towards the bathroom. Her back rested against the door as her phone began to ring in the other room, Scarlett shakily sighed and opened the door walking towards her phone. 

“H-hello?” she answered unevenly as she waited for a reply, “Be ready in ten minutes Scar, or I’m coming up there.”