Chapter Ten

Beautiful Scars


Scarlett quietly walked out of her room, pulling down the hem on her dress. She spotted Max lounged on the couch watching football, his eyes trained on the television.

“Max?” she queried, watching on as his head slightly turned to glance at her before turning back to the intense match. Upon noticing her attire, 

Max quickly turned back looking Scarlett up and down before squinting, “where are you going missy?” 
Scarlett looked down, her ballet flats suddenly becoming very interesting.

“Out” she simply replied hearing the volume of the television decrease and Max standing up walking towards her frame.

“Out where?” he questioned curiously at Scarlett, she sighed and stared up at Max can’t lie to him. 

“Out for dinner, w-with Taemin she mumbled the last part timidly watching Max for his reaction. He crossed his arms over his chest and his jaw was tense, “what?” He couldn’t believe what he was hearing after warning Scarlett about Lee Taemin and the danger that follows.

 

“He asked me out on a date, and after much hesitation…I said yes” 
she stated confidently, grabbing her jacket off the hook and quickly walking towards the door. “Scarlett” he called, as he paced after her and grabbed her arm. “I know I can’t control you, but I want you to be safe and if you go with him tonight, I can’t guarantee that you will be” he uttered seriously as his nostrils flared. 

“What makes you think I will be any safer if I don’t go?” she questioned as Max let go of her arm. She had a point. He nodded glumly and ruffled his hair, “you know what to do if something happens yeah? You call me right away” he clarified to Scarlett as she inhaled and exhaled loudly.

“Yes Max, I know. Don’t worry I’ll be okay” she smiled, kissing him on the cheek and opening the door, yelling “I’ll be back in a couple of hours” over her shoulder and skipping down the stairs before coming face to face with Taemin.

 

He glanced at his watch, then at Scarlett as he eyed her attire before smirking. “Just on time” he indicated smugly as he placed his hand on the small of her back, whispering hotly in her ear “you look beautiful Scar” as her heart began to race. 

“Thank you” she whispered, almost inaudibly. I can almost feel him smirking with victory; he knows what he’s doing. Taemin opened the passenger door to his car, helping Scarlett into her seat before shutting the door and walking towards the driver’s seat. 

After hopping in, he started up the ignition and a *click* was heard. Scarlett glanced down at her door. He locked me in. She quickly looked over at him, her eyes widening. “Just in case you decide to run away again” he chuckled, before pulling off into the street.

 

Scarlett cleared , attempting to remain composed as she stared out her window watching the lights pass in the blink of an eye. Biting her lip, she glanced over at Taemin catching him staring at her admiringly. He smirked, turning his attention back to the road. 

“You know, you’re not as dangerous as others make you out to be” Scarlett clarified, watching Taemin’s smirk drop and his expression transition into complete grim and darkness. Suddenly, Taemin’s hand fell from the steering wheel, landing on Scarlett’s bare knee, hearing her gasp loudly. 

She timidly watched him and his hand began to travel upwards. No. She gripped his hand, attempting to push it away and protect her modesty but her strength was nothing compared to his.

 

Taemin’s hand gripped Scarlett’s inner thigh before hearing her meekly whisper “Taemin, please…” he paused and stared at her, her eyes watering and her lips parted as she panted from desperately trying to stop his hand. The car stopped abruptly at the end of the quiet street and Scarlett squealed as her seatbelt pulled her back towards her seat. 

Taemin huffed, hitting the steering wheel angrily and staring straight ahead. His right hand left her inner thigh and he ran it through his curly brown hair.

 

Scarlett stared at Taemin, her eyes slowly beginning to soften as her fear diminished. Her blue eyes traced the muscles that tensed in Taemin’s jaw, the slight stubble that decorated his chin and she raised her eyes to meet his eyes. “You promised” Scarlett reminded quietly as his lips parted and he stared out the windshield in front of them. 

He gulped before faintly breathing 

“what are you doing to me Scar....?”