Chapter Eight

Beautiful Scars

Her breath hitched in as Taemin’s eyes softened and his hand her cheek, “are you alright Scar?”

Scarlett slapped Taemin’s hand away, pushing him with strong force and managing to slip past him into the back quickly shutting the door behind her. Taemin’s yelling and endless knocking on the door could be heard as Scarlett slid down on the floor with her knees to her chest, tears filling her eyes. “Let me in Scar, right now!” The knocking, well, banging, continued for five minutes until eventually they stopped. Scarlett wiped her tears and sniffled not moving from her place on the ground. Scarlett strained to hear the bell signalling an exit, until she realised…Taemin broke the bell.

 

The back door burst open in front of Scarlett as she cowered away, shaking endlessly. “Leave me alone! Please, j-just leave me alone!” she cried as Taemin stared at her and cautiously approached her small frame on the ground and she shut her eyes tightly. He crouched, his brown orbs struggling to catch a glimpse into Scarlett’s eyes. “Let me see those beautiful blue eyes baby” he whispered, lifting her chin up with his index finger. She slowly blinked open her eyes seeing Taemin smile slightly before he whispered almost incoherently “there they are.” “I don’t u-understand you” Scarlett croaked as she stared at the man before her, so dangerous yet so calming. “One minute you are chasing me down a street then the next you are asking me if I am okay. Well no, I’m not okay, and I never will be while you are around.” Taemin’s breath hitched in his throat and his chest tightened.

Usually, he didn’t mind a challenge, he actually quite liked them. But Scarlett was different, and he had to have her. “Give me a chance, one date, that’s all I’m asking.” “No.” Scarlett answered, not trusting this mysterious man that clawed his way into her life. Suddenly a voice was heard from the other side of the door, “hello? Is there anyone here?” Scarlett sighed and stood up, her legs resembling jelly as she almost slumped to the ground. But not before a pair of strong arms wound themselves around her waist and lifted her up with ease.

Scarlett turned attempting to open the door that lead back to the front counter, the door opened a crack before it was slammed shut in front of her, Taemin’s large hand above Scarlett’s shoulder holding the door closed. “I’m not leaving until you say yes, Scar” he whispered in her ear, a shiver running down her spine as her breathing became uneven. Scarlett closed her eyes and swallowed thickly, ‘Don't Go’ by Exo interrupting the silence through the speakers. She spun around and Taemin’s hand slid down the door, his other hand landing on her waist. He was determined. She knew he wouldn’t give up, this was Lee Taemin we were talking about.

 

Scarlett bit her lip, Taemin’s eyes immediately glancing down as he his own lips his head tilting and moving forward slightly, their noses only inches apart. “first, I need you to promise me something” she whispered, “anything” he answered instantly. “Hello?” an impatient customer could be heard on the opposite side of the door. Scarlett stared deeply into Taemin’s eyes, knowing she shouldn’t be chancing with him. “Promise me, you will never hurt me” she whispered, struggling to breathe remembering the tight grip he held yesterday on her wrist. Taemin’s serious expression didn’t falter, not once as suddenly the small distance was closed and he rubbed his nose against hers, his right hand raising and caressing her cheek. “I promise, I will never, ever hurt you” he stated, voice determined and solemn as he stressed the word ‘ever’. “And I will never let anybody or anything harm you” he growled his eyes darkening slightly at the thought.

 

Scarlett exhaled as Taemin rested his forehead against hers, his frame towering over her small figure and his grip on her waist tightening slightly. “Excuse me? Hello?” the customer yelled and Scarlett jumped, startled. “I will give you one chance, just one” she answered shakily as Taemin smiled, before placing a kiss upon her forehead while squeezing her waist. “Go, before you get fired” he chuckled, and Scarlett’s cheeks began to heat up for the sudden affection as she nodded turning on her heel and opening the door to see an angry looking woman impatiently waiting behind the counter.

“Scar!” Scarlett turned around at the sound of Taemin’s husky voice, “I’ll be seeing you soon kitten” he stated before she watched his retreating form leave the back door of the café. She turned back around, “I’m so sorry about that, what can I get for you today?”

­­­­______________________________________________________


All the incidents happening, around Scarlet were not unexpected or surprising.
For Scarlet they were but in reality they really weren't.
Taemin didn't fell for Scarlet in few seconds on that night, that night was the first time Scarlet met him, but for Taemin that was not the first time. 
Scarlet didn't knew Taemin before that night but Taemin knew her from a long time, it was just.. that he didn't got a chance to meet her before that.
A dangerous Gang leader falling for a girl just in one night ? Strange enough 
Taemin saw her in the Cafe, she did not knew this but he was always there, She was always so busy with her work and depressed because of her life that she never noticed him, And that's how he knew her house , her working place and that's why he's always so calm around her and actually asked her for a date. 
Her innocent looks , Her smile , her acts, were the things which actually caught him.