Chapter Six

Beautiful Scars

“T-Taemin? What are you doing here?” she spoke shakily, stuttering his name. “Nice to see you too, kitten.”

Scarlett backed away quickly, clumsily stumbling over her own feet and landing on the rough gravel footpath. “Stay away from me” she screeched as she struggled to gain composure to and rise to her feet. 
Taemin’s eyes widened as he stared down at her, rapidly scanning the area checking for bystanders…there were none. Taemin smirked, leaning down and leaning over her trembling form. “Keep your voice down sweetheart, we wouldn’t want anyone to hear us” he chuckled, his husky voice sending shivers up her spine. 
Taemin grabbed Scarlett, his arm circling around her waist and pulling her up with ease. She quickly removed his touch as Taemin frowned at the loss of contact.

 

“H-how did you find me? How did you know where I live? How did y-you get me home last night?” Scarlett burst out questions at a rapid pace, finally taking in a deep breath before her eyes widened. “d-did you…drug me?” Taemin chuckled once again at the girl before him, astonished at her vulnerability as he surveyed her scared and confused features. Her eyebrows scrunched, wrinkles adorning her forehead as her nose crinkled up slightly and her lips pouted. He smiled admiringly, “I would never, ever hurt you” he stated seriously, his eyes darkening at the thought of her being in danger.

 

Scarlett’s breath hitched in as she stared at Taemin, her fear slowly dissipating. She remembered her steps as she recited them in her head repeatedly. take deep breaths, swallow your fear and don’t let them get to you. Scarlett lifted her head slightly higher than she previously did. “I want you to leave me alone. I don’t mean just now, or today, or tomorrow. I mean from the moment I walk away I never want to see you again. You’re a killer and a stalker and if you think I’m some innocent little puppy who will follow you around then you are completely and utterly wrong” she stated confidently only wavering slightly as she remembered the horrendous sight of a man murdered. he was on the floor within a second. 

Taemin’s head tilted as his lip raised in a slight scowl, his eyes darkening drastically. He stepped forward and grabbed Scarlett’s forearm tightening his grip when she struggled. “Now you listen to me kitten, that man I killed had it coming. You mess with me, you face the consequences. If you think for one second I’m just going to let you walk away then you my sweet Scar, are completely and utterly wrong.”

 

Scarlett struggled to relieve her wrist of his tight grip, the veins of his arms protruding as he held her firmly in place. She raised herself on her tippy-toes and looked deeply into Taemin’s brown orbs. Swallow your fear she thought as she allowed the tip of her nose to brush against Taemin’s. His grip loosened and the cloudy darkness of his eyes slowly dwindled. a pained groan was heard throughout the quiet street as Scarlett kneed Taemin in his lower region before sprinting down the street. Her breath came out in short puffs, pumping her legs as fast as they would take her.

 ____________________________________________________________

“Come back here you little !” he screamed as he chased little Scarlett through the house, her small feet running towards her mother. “Stop it Jin! Please I am begging you” Lucy cried.
“She always runs away when she is troubled, it’s about time she learned her lesson”
He darkly stated striding towards Scarlett’s shaking form hidden behind her mother’s bruised legs. The memories flooded through her head as her flat was in view, Scarlett noticed Max’s car parked out the front as tears prickled the corners of her blue eyes. Running up the stairs and bursting through the door, she scrambled to lock the door and frantically ran through the living room. “Max!” she screamed, tears trickling down her face, as Max abruptly opened his bedroom door spotting Scarlett running towards him as she quite frankly knocked the air right out of him. “Oh my god, Scarlett what’s wrong? What happened?” he questioned anxiously as he held the girl to him, her hands in fists clinging to his shirt.

 

“Everything” she screeched as she fell to the floor and Max held her to his chest, cradling her like a baby. “Tell me everything.”