[ 18: MAKE ME COUNT ]

[ CA-23 ]
[18.03.2015]
"Are you sure about it?" There was it again. Wooyoung sighed, and he knew well usually he would try to roll his eyes away at her wary comments, but he knew that inside, his feelings mirrored hers.
 
"I don't think my doubt would even help our case," Wooyoung said, pushing his chair. It's only sometime after the team had went back to their rooms, but Hyosung had called him to go to the girls' dorm. More precisely, it's that room.
 
He'd came there, and saw that the crushed window had been repaired, with most items placed neatly—Hyosung, who had been sweeping the scattered debris—only short of the dustiness. Either way, it's better.
 
"we don't have much time, much less being together." He wondered a little as she sat on the dirty mattress, wondering as her eyes became downcast, and evasive. She knew as much as he would've known, much more.
 
"I know. But you're not in peace either." Hyosung inhaled sharply, and Wooyoung nodded. There isn't much to lie about to the counselor anyway.
 
Wooyoung stared at his watch. It's 10:32, so they still had plenty of time to kill. Wooyoung sighed again, wondering when will the dorm be filled in again. Certainly not now, with all of them being busy.
 
"I think the only way I'llbe content is if we ever get to the end of this." Wooyoung said.
 
"I agree with that point," Hyosung nodded. "but would you miss this team?"
 
"Hm. Has Hani recovered?" Wooyoung said, turning to Hyosung.
 
"Doctor said she'd be fine, most of the injuries were the cuts in her face, and Sejoon is working hard to heal her. She should be able to go later this night." Hyosung said.
 
"That's an awful lot of confidence from you," Wooyoung chuckled.
 
"There's a lot of cynicism from you too, Wooyoung. I understood." Hyosung smiled playfully, before walking up to the door.
 
"Feeding Iseul again?" Wooyoung said, turning to her.
 
"No, just a little time alone." The door clicked, leaving Wooyoung alone.
 
Missing this team?

Jisung had been going around in circles more than he liked to admit. Not that he's been going anywhere outside the living room.
 
He sighed, closing the newest novel Lee Moonki—that is, dad—he had been reading through. The main character goes through a challenge, conflict of the story, and then overcomes it. It's a basic premise, but he admire his father to make his readers interested.
 
He'd hoped real life went through like the novels, but it didn't. The case had went on only for almost a week or so, and by luck they actually did find the leads. If time allows it, they would make a go for it in three hours. Hyosung and Wooyoung told everyone to prepare before that.
 
But he's unsure himself. The images started appearing in his sleep again, and they weren't just the brain working or his imagination playing around. 
 
Everything felt so... real. The sounds, the screaming, the heat of the fire, and the image—the worst of all of them, he could feel like he had went plunging to a new existence, one that he never knew could be so familiar.
 
Too bad, they could have happened just at any passing moment. Rarely do they ever turned out to be inaccurate.
 
He pondered through, trying to smile and forget about it, but the conflict of reality sounded much worse than fiction. He didn't hate his powers—never really did—but the premonition was bad, and he didn't know if telling it to Sejoon (and the team) would be a good idea.
 
But to the least of it, someone actually objected. For the least of it, doubted their decision. He didn't appreciate it, but he could still see why someone like her, would have at least thought of it.
 
Still not something he liked.
 
"Hyerin?" The moment he had closed his book, his eyes met with the young girl, boring holes to his. It made him shiver, as she didn't even budge when he'd called her name. The attitude was not making him happy.
 
But after a few moments, Hyerin shook her head, and rubbed her left ear, only to meet Jisung's eyes again. She avoided the stare, and quietly walked away.
 
"What are you doing?" something ran a little cold in Hyerin's blood, but she kept quiet. She deeply sighed.
 
"Nothing. You're being weird." Jisung knew well it's something that would have come from , but he's not in the mood to let himself be very kind.
 
"Hey, uhm, excuse me, why are you the one saying that?" Jisung said, approaching her. 
 
"Pardon?" Hyerin said, turning to him. There's still wariness, but something else filled her eyes; it looked like she pitied him. It made him groan on the inside.
 
"Well, calling me weird and all of that, I understand why and there's no need to even deny that. But is it really hard to not appreciate... weirdness? Or I don't know, maybe things out of the flucking-esque convenience."
 
"I don't think you'd ever understand that." Hyerin said. She saw his eyes had flared up and he wanted to get through, yet she's not buying it.
 
"Well, you probably had a bad experience with Ens or something," Jisung said, annoyed, but Hyerin's face started changing. "but I, and every Ens here, aren't bad people."
 
"You're putting words to my mouth." 
 
"Well, you're putting it that way, it's not very hard to see past that. But it would be super nice if you treat all of us as equals and not trying to avoid us all the time. Also to that, you actually didn't fail at making all of us weirded out and uncomfortable. I'm not the weird one here."
 
Jisung paused to catch his breath. He felt something heavy had came off his chest, but Hyerin's unfaltering face started to unnerve him. 
 
"You're being kind. Thank you for that honesty." Hyerin said, giving a small smile. It came off uncertain, but Jisung had to take her word for it.
 
"Yeah."
 
 
"So, will all of you help me with our last rundown? I will need to make a report of it to the leaders of the board." Hyosung said, setting the record player at her phone.
 
"So, according to Kim Rohee herself, Yoo Eunchang and Han Seulhee are the one who kidnapped her." Hani said.
 
"And according to trusted resources and evidences, Kim Rowoon had an affair with Han Seulhee." Jisung said, looking annoyed. Sejoon placed a comforting shoulder to him.
 
"Also, the two culprits had known each other within a dating website in 2010." Iseul said. 
 
"Which puts Kim Yishik, principal of Han, out, according to evidences," Sejoon said, but his face still clearly looked annoyed.
 
"And according to eyewitnesses, Han Seulhee met Gyeon Kinam before, possibly with the same reasons as Son Jinwook, another target."
 
"Jinwook, one that we had caught beforehand, may have known Yoo Eunchang as his contact, but is not aware of his identity." Wooyoung answered.
 
"Son Jinwook's house got handled in by an obscure figure, who had sent two papers. The person, he or she may have been, may have known the status quo very well." Hyosung said, looking around with a worried smile.
 
"After her parents' separation, Gyeon Kinam knew Rohee for a few months as an online friend, but may have gotten closer afterwards." Jookyung said.
 
"And then, Gyeon Kinam suggested meeting up at a beach, which Kim Rohee approved. But at Gangwon, both disappeared." Sejoon said.
 
"And is trapped somewhere."
 
Hyosung paused the recording. There was a moment of silence, and Hyosung looked at the clock. It's one in the afternoon.
 
"That's how the team came to be."
 
 
 
"So now, we're going with the plans. Wooyoung?" Hyosung said.
 
"Alright, so here's how it goes. According to Jisung, she'd be held at one of the unused patient rooms, accordingly, room number 203. That's already on the second floor. So, Jisung, Hyerin, Hani, and Sejoon would be going upstairs. Jookyung and me would be guarding over the rest."
 
"That's it?" Sejoon said, furrowing his eyebrows.
 
"Elevators are all non-functional, so you'll have to use the emergency stairs." Wooyoung said. Sejoon's frown got deeper.
 
"So, me and Jisung were training back then, was it?" Sejoon said, trying to not rip open Jookyung's large smirk.
 
"Eh." Jookyung said, shrugging. Hyosung looked around bewilderment, but she decided to ask Wooyoung that for later. She'd hoped they didn't do anything dumb, but that's just not possible.
 
"Iseul and Hyosung would be watching over, in case the directions got unclear, so make sure you guys got your earpieces up, or stay very close to another partner." Wooyoung said.
 
"And more agents gets called when our stuff gets dangerous. Not that it will happen, right Hyosung-unnie?" Iseul said, smiling at her. Hyosung only smiled back.
 
"Will our leaders even know of this investigation?" Hani said.
 
"Not like this is not an investigation though. Wooyoung's right." Sejoon said, tilting his head.
 
"And we will, as much as we could, let it stay that way. For the good of us and everybody else." Hyosung said.
 
"I'm surprised that you are willing to let this mission be done." Sejoon said, looking rather amused.
 
"I personally wished this mission could be less dangerous, but again, we don't have much time." Hyosung said.
 
"Well, not complaining. I like that." Sejoon said. Wooyoung chuckled, relieved.
notes: hey, it's almost time for... hiatus (kidding). 
i'll disclose the full plans later on, but for now, i'll let you enjoy reading over.
the interview questions are still open! send in your questions (pm, comments, or anythinig, really). 
might as well ask why hasn't anyone see sejoon shirtless daily.