[ 17: AVERT ]

[ CA-23 ]
[17.03.2015]-[18.03.2015]
"Hey."
 
"Hey?"
 
"Hey." He wouldn't expect a shrugging Wooyoung in a trench coat be with a scowling Hyosung in a pretty nightgown, in the middle of an almost empty hospital no less, but strange things happened when the group had different circumstances.
 
"Hey? Is Hyosung okay?" He noticed that Hyosung's figure started getting wobbly, and slowly, it flickered until it disappeared. At normal times, he'd be surprised. Not now.
 
Wooyoung nodded, offering him a lukewarm coffee can. Jookyung scrunched his nose. 
 
"She's been seeing you out since nine, so she wanted me to come. Jookyung, you and I know what is the problem here." Jookyung almost knocked himself for not realizing Hyosung could use her powers, but it just didn't come to him.
 
"I went out past my curfew?" Jookyung dryly chuckled. Wooyoung still remained unimpressed, and only sighed. 
 
"No, but that too. Our identity's in the fence, I hope you noticed that." Wooyoung said, chewing his stale sandwich. Johak's hospital has always been really good when it comes to their services, but food wasn't one of them.
 
"I know, but Sihoon doesn't seem like a suspect." Jookyung said, absently grabbing the coffee can. Wooyoung raised his eyebrows.
 
"Anyone who isn't a suspect wouldn't be until they're discovered." Wooyoung said. It's almost midnight, he's hungry, and his food is awful. Even the table sounded more appealing.
 
"Exactly." That made Wooyoung frown deeper. He almost wanted to throw the only healthy option to their driver's face.
 
"No, exactly his lack of suspicion should have made you be wary. Don't you understand that?" Wooyoung scoffed. 
 
"Where is innocent-until-proven-guilty at this point?" Jookyung said. Wooyoung may have a super nice coat, but he looked miserable at dusk.
 
"When we're not in a sticky situation like this. Don't gamble. What did you even ask?" Wooyoung said sternly.
 
Jookyung pondered over it. Sihoon didn't have the greatest mood, but after that little, "Oh.", he seemed much more chatty. Sihoon talked about his little life, the things he liked, and his family. Jookyung had kept mum about his own, not that he had much chances to do so. 
 
"His instincts. Then he just started rambling about his life, so he must be quite willing to have someone to talk to." Jookyung said.
 
"No, he's either too good to make you fall for his act, or he was actually very lonely. Did you remember everything he said?" Wooyoung said, interested.
 
"Yes. By the way, how did Hyosung know?" Jookyung said, but was silently wondering if he had a blurry memory. 
 
"I told her you'll get a check-up, which she believed wasn't plausible when it's almost two. I tried to say it is, but she wasn't having it, so she asked me to come by." Wooyoung shrugged. Jookyung scoffed.
 
"You tried. You get an earful, did you?"
 
"Believe me, I've been staying up all night. There's just no winning against her." Wooyoung said, yawning. Jookyung realized that Wooyoung didn't even get a chance to rest, and he started feeling uneasy. Wooyoung still looked half-awake, but it was a miracle he didn't fight again.
 
"Well, you should try sleeping more before that." Jookyung said, standing up. Wooyoung looked at him, then at the half-uneaten sandwich, and did so too.
 
"Jookyung, even the most harmless could win. There's David and Goliath." Wooyoung said, walking. After the incident involving Hani, his senses had been alert, and no one has looked below unsuspect.
 
"Well, yeah, but David got it from a good God. If anything, good prevails over evil, even when it doesn't look likely." Jookyung said, walking past Wooyoung.
 
Wooyoung glanced at the younger, and at the sky. It looked dark, except for the bright moonlight and a few white speckles that blinked brightly. He smiled a little bit.
 
 
"So there must be a good reason why we're doing this, right?" Hani said, looking warily at the seven pair of eyes. She stared at Iseul's laptop digital time, which shows 07:38. It's easily early, and she wasn't feeling good.
 
"Absolutely, yes." Sejoon slammed the table, causing her to lift up her head to him, directly face-to-face. She glared. 
 
"And that is?" 
 
"To be explained by Jisung." The boy looked around warily, and the mapper suddenly felt like being thrown on an ice bath. Cheeks flushing, her eyes softened, and she even gave an acknowledging nod to him.
 
"So, I can see the future, right. And yesterday, and also the day before, and basically, sometime ago, I had some bad sightings." He looked to the seven pair, all in a varying degree of interest.
 
"I saw most of us taking Rohee away from an abandoned hospital. Or something like that, I'm not sure which part or where, but it is a hospital. I also saw Yoo Eunchang and his affair, which should confirm that it's them involved." Jisung paused, awkwardly grinning.
 
Before anyone else, however, Iseul clasps her hands, and gasped. She had a wide smile, pumping her fists in the air (and almost hitting Jookyung and Hani in the process).
 
"Eh, Iseul-noona? What is it?" Jisung said, curious. It's rare that she had become excited towards something, so to see that, to say the least, got him. 
 
"I just got it, the second paper! It has a hospital in it, but is no longer one." Iseul held another paper.
 
"Where is it, Iseul?" Sejoon asked.
 
"Here." Iseul pulled up a map, pointing to a little medical sign near the green area.
 
"Doryo Hospital," Sejoon said. "really?" 
 
"It's vicinity was close to Kinam's location, so it's plausible. We should be going there." Wooyoung said, rising up.
 
"All?" 
 
"Yes Iseul, all of us. What you'd say about that, Hyosung?" Hyosung looked at him, and then at the plastic bag containing the blue locket. She momentarily looked at the man, and nodded.
 
"What if it's a trick?" Hyerin said, wary. She avoided the mapper's glare, and looked straight at Hyosung.
 
"As far as it goes, my mind hasn't been playing a trick on me." Jisung said, apprehensive. Hyosung looked uncertain to him, and then to Hyerin.
 
"And neither it did to anyone, but things changed. That figure could just go to anyone's mind and manipulate it." Those words made Hani's ire came back; she stood up, crossing her arms.
 
"And what makes you think it is or isn't? It's not like he doesn't have a single sense of judgement." There was truth on Hyerin's words, but getting through Jisung gets on her last nerve.
 
"But is it a good sense of judgement?" 
 
"I've had these visions since long before this team got around, if that helps." Jisung said, tone roughing up. At that, the rest of the members looked to him, eyes wary. 
 
"Alright, enough. Hyerin, yes, the operation is very risky, but we're running out of options. You're still going, whether you like it or not." Hyosung said, clearing . She'd hoped the meeting had gone smoothly, but she may have hoped too much.
 
Ignorance is bliss.
 
Hyerin shook her head off that thought. She bit her lips, and turned her face away from the rest. She's not willing to actually argue anymore, only because Hyosung's tiring if she had her choice. She just wished it would be wise.
notes: Real short to make it up the past few ones. 
We're almost there! Just two more and the team would say their goodbyes... yes? That also means a really good thing for you guys: now you ask the questions!
There would be a small 'interview' with all eight members (and me) where everyone responded to a question.
Example would be: 
"Hyosung, why do you have green eyes?" (actual answer could be found on the app, so this is just an example).
You can freely put out as many as you wanted