[ 19: COUNTDOWN ]

[ CA-23 ]
[18.03.2015]
"So, this is it, then." Jisung said, looking up to the grey building in front of him. The rest didn't respond, preparing their best for the ammunition and supplies, but he knew better that they agreed. 
 
"Alright. Jookyung and Hani would go first, then Hyerin and Jisung second, and lastly, Sejoon and me. Hyosung and Iseul would be staying behind in the van to observe, and for the worst case scenario." Wooyoung said, filing for magazines.
 
"Isn't it Sejoon and I?" Sejoon said, prompting the others to glare back at him. Wooyoung rolled his eyes, turning back to his rifle.
 
"I think it should be Sejoon and it-doesn't-matter-compared-to-saving-a-person-like-right-now." Hani scoffed, approaching Wooyoung back. 
 
"It's a thought, no need to get too worked up over it. Anywho, should we go?" Sejoon shrugged.
 
Hyosung nodded, waving her hand to signal Wooyoung. The latter turned, and nodded, turning to the other five.

"Let's go now." Hyosung noticed their little gestures and faces; some dark, some excited, some a mixture of both. It's not surprising to her, but she acknowledged that she felt the same feelings as they did too. It hasn't been her first mission, but the weight of the urgency started pushing in on her.
 
Jisung and Sejoon still had the time to talk with each other, and there was a thin smile from Sejoon, seeming like it comforted the younger. Wooyoung stole occasional glances to Hani, even while looking completely serious. Hyerin said something to Jookyung, but Hyosung's not sure.
 
Even Iseul seemed more vivacious than usual. Hyosung sighed, and clasped her hands close to her chest.
 
"ο Θεός να ευλογεί." 
 
 
"I hope you guys still remembered well what to do." Wooyoung said, raising his eyebrows at the five. They all leaned closely against the walls, with Jookyung and Hani being the closest to a particular white door.
 
"It's locked." Hani said, pointing to a silver lock placed between two large linking chains. Wooyoung looked over, and gave a knowing glance to Sejoon.
 
"Sejoon, can you open those locks?" They heard Hyosung's voice through the speakers.
 
"You can leave it all to me." Sejoon said, smirking as he pulled over a paperclip.
 
"You sure that thing would be enough?" Hani asked, but Sejoon just shrugged, ignoring the incredulous looks the rest gave him. The padlock wasn't very big, roughly about the size of his hand. 
 
Everyone waited again. The air felt heavy around them, and hesitation started brewing in between. Sejoon sighed, and they heard a loud clang, followed by the seething sound.
 
"Let's go." Jookyung and Hani moved forward, followed by the others, until Wooyoung.
 
When Jisung entered, he started taking a few steps back at the very presence of darkness. Hani and Jookyung had their flashlights, and started moving up a concrete stairs, but Jisung still felt a heaving darkness around him. 
 
It's not the dark corner of the emergency room. Neither it's the total blackout that happened after Wooyoung closed the white door.
 
"Wait!" Hani had turned the door knob, and the creaking sound of the door got out. Jisung gulped.
 
"What? Jisung—" They heard a large roar, and just moments later, they saw something..
 
Hani scrunched up her face, wincing as she slowly moved back. She hated calling something ugly, but it might have as well been the most despicable thing to be seen. Her flashlight shone up at its face, and her knees almost fell weak.
 
The being had a fully black body, except for its face and toes. The toes almost looked similar to a goat's hooves, white with black cleft hooves. There's a repeated flapping motion behind, and occasionally, white and yellowish green streaks appeared upwards. The creature bent, breathing heavily, and its face inched closer to Hani. 
 
But what made her cringed the most had to be its face; it's made of almost like a wooden mask, with two large circles that constantly blinked and moved. There's no nose but painted black stripes below its eyes. It also had no jaw, so it's a wonder where it goes.
 
It didn't take her too long to contemplate whether it's face was real or not, because moments later, it lunged towards her group.
 
"Hecate, look down!" without her knowledge, someone closer to her pulled her aside, and she heard a loud gunshot. Moments later, she heard a loud thud. She could feel the loud fall, a small gust of wind blowing in front of her face.
 
"Nuna, you alright?" She felt the grip at her loosening, and Jisung's deep, worried voice right by her ears. When she opened her eyes, she saw the creature, laid at the small stairs.
 
"I'm fine. We should go." Hani said, wiping the dust off her clothes. 
 
"There's got to be more of them," Wooyoung said, concerned. "it's not safe."
 
"And it's no longer safe for Rohee too! Besides, if Jisung—I mean, Archer—said it was fine, shouldn't it be?" Hani said, frustrated. Wooyoung's concern started suffocating her, even for something that felt so mundane.
 
"Emm, I mean, yeah, sure." Jisung said. He's getting increasingly nervous as well; if his visions went wrong, there's a lot to pay.
 
"Both of us can't really see the cctvs  nearby, so our source of vision are your infrared body cams right now. Yet again, we came far." They heard Hyosung's voice again.
 
"Kill or no kill. It happens." Iseul said.
 
Wooyoung paused for a moment, looking at his used rifle. They only came a few steps on the hospital, there's still chances that they could get out right now to alert the authorities. Out of the expectant eyes at him, only Hyerin still fuddled with the strange creature.
 
"Fine. Jisung, where's the exact place?" Wooyoung said.
 
"If by my visions—it's room 1023." Jisung said.
 
"That's floor one, then. Let's go. If there's any of those weird creatures again, just shoot at them. Hyerin?" Wooyoung said.
 
"I'm just... getting some images for Iseul. Hang on." Hyerin said.
 
When the rest had gotten up, only Hyerin still crouched near the dead being, holding something next to her hand. She saw Wooyoung's stare though, and immediately got up, walking past Wooyoung.
 
"Don't shoot at them, if that's possible." Hyerin said, looking conflicted. But the rest had walked past, and her voice sounded inaudible.
 
To all but Wooyoung himself.
 
 
Walking around the dark, abandoned hospital floor has been unnerving. The whole alleyway looked dark, the only source of light being six flashlights. The only sources of sound, other than Hyosung and Iseul's breathes or cracked radio signal, has been their breathing sounds and the occasional loud roars, not unlike the first one they'd heard.
 
"Those things... are on this floor too. It's getting obvious." Sejoon said. The team stopped. The hissing and screeching sound started getting more and more unbearable, and moments later, at the opposite alley, they saw a huge hoard of black masses.
 
"I saw some weird things just opposite of you. Is it the monsters?" Iseul said. There was hesitance, something that doesn't come early for Iseul.
 
"Run!" They heard Hyosung's loud voice, ringing through their earpieces.
 
"Run to the back alley!" Wooyoung yelled. Hani and Jookyung had started shooting some of them, but there just seemed endless.
 
"What do you mean back alley? We're going to be back to the emergency door!" Sejoon shouted. 
 
"There's another pathway to the hospital room! Hecate, lead them there!" Wooyoung shouted.
 
"We're going to lose, big time." Sejoon groaned. Hani smacked his head.
 
"No, not now." Hani said, pulling him with her. She turned back for the last time, noticing that Wooyoung and Jookyung had ran off sideways, pulling with them several more of the monstrous animals.
 
She only hoped that they'd be alright.
 
"Where's the room?" Hyerin asked.
 
"Just at the end of this corridor." Hani said. The roars were still heard, and they're getting closer.

"Hurry!" Sejoon and Jisung managed to reach the room first, opening it without much problem. Hani started feeling a little uneasy, anxious to find out.
 
"Was it supposed to be this easy?" Sejoon asked, raising his eyebrows. Hani and Hyerin went in last, before he completely closed the door.
 
"No, it's not." The four turned their heads towards a single figure in the middle of it all; a young girl, with messy, curly brown hair, in a hospital gown. Dark circles surrounded her eyes, and yet there's still a very relieved smile, but it quickly turned into a horrified stare.
 
"Are you Kim Rohee?" Sejoon said.
 
"I am. Don't come closer. They're watching you." Rohee pointed a finger at them, but it looked shaky. Not only that, they could see something else—multiple white bandages and needle scars covering her scrawny arms.
 
"They? They who?" Sejoon asked, but then he heard something else. 
 
The shrieks.
 
The roars.
 
Made his stomach churn.
 
"Hey!" He turned back, and he saw the door broke open, revealing the monsters to pin him and the other three down. Only them though, as three masked, humanly figures approached them, holding white clothing over them.
 
"No, no, no!"
notes: it's wild. i know.
questions: seriously guys, get all your questions out! for your characters and me. mostly your characters. but yeah.
would you guys be fine if i make a new applyfic too?