Engagement

Bleeding Out

”We have a new member to welcome, Luhan please; introduces us to your lovely Hara,” Min Woo cheered with a big smile, causing the audience to clap in excitement. Luhan stood up with a sigh and gently pulled Hara up, who clumsily stumbled to her feet. And then Luhan was gone from her eyesight.

Instead he was kneeling before her with a velvet box held in his hands and a soft smile on his lips. “Goo Hara, I hereby invite you to join the Wallflower gang as my partner in life, do you accept?” he asked in a faux caring voice that caused shivers to run down her spine, but other than that he didn’t get any reaction. She was simply too surprised, nobody had told her, even hinted, that there would be a public proposal.

Her eyes sought out Min Woo’, which still held the warmness and amusement he had before. Her eyes moved on to Lin, who encouraged her to say something with a gently nod with her head and nuzzling her head into Kris’ neck. And lastly they landed on Kai, who was staring expectantly at her with a blank face. His lips slowly formed the words: “Say ing yes,” before cocking his brows at Luhan, who gradually was becoming anxious that she wouldn’t accept.

But she knew she had to fulfil her end of the deal, so she replaced the flabbergasted expression with a loving, excited one and pulled Luhan to his feet. “Of course, bunny!” she cried in happiness, throwing her arms around his neck, and her legs around his waist. This might have been the most perfect proposal according to her, the event happening in front of friends and family, granted not hers, but someone’s and that’s what mattered right? And the ring Luhan had revealed to her was the most amazing ring with a big diamond in the middle, surrounded by many small ones and the band made of white gold. The only thing that didn’t match her fantasy was that instead of Lee Minho, Lu Han was the one holding her pressed against him.

“What the actual , Luhan?” she hissed angrily into the crook of Luhan’s neck making him tighten the grip he had underneath her bum, and their audience to coo at the act of affection. “Nobody told me there would be a proposal!”

“Have you really not noticed the rings on Lin and Yuri’s fingers? They are quite big, if I might add, not like yours, but almost.” He chuckled amused, setting the girl down on her feet and slipping the glimmering ring onto her left hand before sliding his fingers between hers and raising their entwined hands to the applauding crowd. 

“You just have to be the best at everything, huh?” she spat under her breath and covered it with a girly giggle, clinging to Luhan’s body before brushing her lips gently against his. But that wasn’t enough for the newly engaged lad, instead he dipped her body down and probed her closed lips with his tongue. With an annoyed sigh that easily could be mistaken for content, she allowed him accesses  causing Luhan to grip her ponytail and pull it back a bit roughly earning him a light groan.

But the lovers’ embrace was cut short, when a certain lad cleared his throat, causing Hara to pull away with her breath stolen. “Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduces our newest member, Miss Goo Hara,” Luhan said loudly making sure everyone in the room could hear him, and just like at an AA-meeting the gang greeted her with a “Hi Hara,” causing her to chuckle amused.

“Well then, let’s eat.” Min Woo laughed, clapping his hands together and motioned for the waiters to bring out the food. Luhan quickly pulled his chair out and sat down, watching Hara mirror his action, but before her backside touched the chair, he had brought her into his lap earning him a squeal from the surprised  girl.

“You have to act like this was the greatest moment of your life, and by sitting silent next to me, doesn’t really fulfil that,” Luhan scolded the girl in his lap, gently placing a kiss on her cheek before reaching for his glass of wine. “I’m sorry, love. It was just a bit of a surprise,” she smiled gently, leaning back against his chest with her eyes locked on the shining ring that now dominated her hand. “It’s beautiful, though. Did you pick it out yourself?”

“Yeah, Lin and Wu went with me, though. I’m glad you liked it.” He said genuine with a small smile, watching her adore the ring he carefully had picked out with her small skinny hands in mind. “It’s engraved,” he quietly mumbled, trying not to attract the attention of the surrounding guys, who didn’t need to know he had a little soft spot for the girl’s reaction to the ring. 

She smoothly slid the ring off her ring finger and studied the inside of it. And sure enough, in a soft cursive writing the sentence “Hara and Lu Han” was written. “You’re still expecting me to take your last name, eh?” she teased, slipping the ring back on before stealing the glass from his grip and tasting the wine.

“Of course love, I like my name on what’s mine.”

“Maybe while we’re changing my last name, you should consider adding ‘Possessive’ as your middle name,” Hara mumbled in a low voice, earning a few laughs from the around sitting boys.

●   ●   ●   ●   ●

Luhan had left her once again, this time for a meeting with Suho and some others. While Lin and Yuri were dancing with their men, Hara was forced to sit alone in her seat and wait for someone from the ‘Circle’ to join her. So caught up in her wine drinking, the clearing of a throat suddenly surprised her causing her to yelp out in shock.

“Oh, I’m sorry love, I didn’t mean to scare you,” the old lady before her chuckled, before sitting down at the chair she previously occupied.  “You didn’t, I just didn’t expect anyone coming by just now,” the girl chuckled and sat down her glass, or rather Luhan’s, before turning to the lady, who only now was chuckling.

“Oh, this night is held in your honour, and you just didn’t expect anyone to come by,”

Hara lightly shook her head at her own stupidity.

“Would you mind entertain an old lady and tell her the tale of how you met the wonderful Mr Han?” the old lady asked in a sweet voice, which Hara already knew she wouldn’t be able to deny, even though she was a little sceptic about the situation.

“Well,” she hesitated,something told her that this lady wouldn’t be very pleased with the story about her father selling her for a gambling debt. But what was she supposed to say? What if her story didn’t match the one, Luhan had told people? Not that she had expected him to tell people about her, mind you, but their first encounter must have been mentioned somehow.

“Min Woo and my father go way back, so I have practically known him my entire life.” She started, nervously fiddling with her fingers, lying to strangers had never been a problem, but authority figures or elderly people were a different story. “One day I was visiting uncle Woo, when this guy stumbled in. He had the prettiest brown curls swept back by a beanie and those piercing eyes that just demanded attention. He was so captivating that I didn’t even realise Krisis and the rest of the guys stood behind him,” she added a little chuckle to sell the lie a little more.

“But then the lads had to steal Min Woo away from me, and since my father had dropped me off without either a car or my bike, I was kinda helpless, until Luhan stepped in and offered to drive me home. – All of the guys were shocked, because apparently Luhan wasn’t the kind type, - but he was.. is the kind type for me.” She forced a slight blush to her cheeks and buried her head in her hands.

“So he brought me home and I offered to cook for him as a thanks, but we both quickly found out that I couldn’t cook, so we ordered some take out and later that night we went for a walk, -one thing led to another, and now we’re here! Basically engaged and moving in together next week,”

“That’s a real love story,” the old lady sighed, taking Hara’s hands in hers and giving them a light squeeze. “Please tell me something about yourself too, I’m dying to know,” the young girl winced slightly at the mention of the lady’s death, she looked old, so stuff like that wasn’t something to joke about.

“I’m eighteen, nineteen in November, I’m currently living alone in my flat in downtown Seoul and studying at the Korea University College of Medicine’s ” Hara smiled, explaining her life in the simplest way.

“So are you studying Medicine?"

“Yes ma’am.”    

“Oh, a er for power and money, huh? Just like Luhan.” She chuckled amused and looked around for the curly haired boy, but couldn’t find him.

“No, not really.” Hara denied. “I just, I need to have something to do that will stay in this world, even when I leave it. I mean, if I choose to be an actress or a model my fame would only be high at the peak of my youth and even then, fifty years from that time nothing would have been changed.

“When I become a doctor, I hope that I someday will get to help a patient so much that without my help, he or she maybe wouldn’t have survived. And his or hers entire life would continue because of me, I know it sounds obnoxious and lame, but I really want to make an impact on someone, even if it’s just one person.”

 

Luhan came out of the office with Suho, Leo, Lay and Kai in tow. He was a little sorry that he just had left Hara all alone, but she would certainly find Lin and Yuri to entertain her, wouldn’t she? She had learnt from the episode in Min Woo’s office that she shouldn’t talk to strangers, even if they were his own members, right?

But when his eyes swept over the dance floor and found Kris, Baekhyun and their girls without a tiny girl, he frowned. “Have you seen Hara?” Luhan asked concerned and ran a hand through his curls.

“She’s just chatting with Lin,” Kai chuckled amused, obviously enjoying the situation Luhan was in. “What are you talking about? Lin is right the..”

“Not that Lin.” Lay corrected with a sigh and pointed to the table where they previously sat. And sure enough, at the place where he had left her, Hara sat joined by an elderly woman. “Oh .” He breathed out, before hurrying to the table.  

“But I really want to make an impact on someone, even if it’s just one person.” Hara told her with a small smile that made Luhan hesitate a little, was she really that pure and good hearted?

“Hey baby,” he cooed in her ear, when he bend down and gently picked her up to place her on his lap. “Hope you didn’t miss me too much,”

She cheekily stuck out her tongue before leaning into him and planting a sweet kiss on his lips. “Nope, not really.” She sassed with a slight giggle, convincing him that she was at least tipsy if not drunk.

“That bottle was full when I left, love.” He chuckled and pointed out the empty bottle of wine standing beside a new one. “Drinking away your sorrows, ey?” She folded her arms around his neck and gave his ear lope a gently nip. “How else would I cope when you gone?”

“You two are just too adorable,” Lin cheered from beside the couple, who surely had forgotten their company causing them to pull away in embarrassment. “I see you have met my dearest Hara, Mrs Wallflower.” Luhan said with a tiny smile after clearing his throat.

“Wallflower?”

“Yes, Hara. My name is Lin Wallflower.” The old lady, Lin, chuckled from beside her, not caring that the slightly drunk girl was showing a lot of affection to her fiancé.

“Are you a Mary?” she questioned, not seeing how else she would have that surname. Luhan on the other hand, was quite surprise that the girl in his lap knew of the term and smiled at the thought of how good she actually fit in with the crowd.

“Let me start from the beginning, dear.” Lin said with a content smile. “In 1913 Edward Wallflower started the gang, he was 25 and therefore neither the youngest nor the eldest, but he had the power and the control, his Friends and cousins always following his lead. But later in the first year of the gang, his wife Eli gave birth to a beautiful baby boy name Eric, also known as my father,” Hara’s eyes flashed to her boyfriend and watched how he looked captured and excited at the story teller.

“Eric was the first of three sons, who all was born five years apart, Jin was the second and  Shin the third. When Eric grew up there was lack of men in the gang, so already at the age of twenty Eric’s wife and my mother, Emi, gave birth to a son, who was named after his grandfather Edward, and five years later I joined the family as the first girl born into the Wallflower family.” She explained. “It was quite an honour.” A genuine laughter spread through the three of them.

“I, myself, never got the chance of welcoming a child into this world, but my brother Edward, always the rebel, had a son at the age of thirty, but instead of naming him after one of the original Wallflower he named him something as outrageous as Min Woo!” Eleanor exclaimed causing Hara to frown.

Min Woo was in direct family with the founder of the gang? In fact being the great grandson of the first Wallflower. “Is your brother or any of your cousins here?” she asked, curious about who exactly the Eldest was.

“Love, this is she.” Luhan smiled, following the girl’s train of thoughts. “No one is older than Lin here, “

 

After Luhan telling her this, Hara had freaked out and began apologising for her drunken behaviour, but Lin had just shrugged it off, saying it was nice finally meeting a girl that wasn’t dreaming about something within the performing arts, and instead insisted that Luhan had taken her to the dance floor.

“Do you think she hates me?” Hara asked, her head buried in Luhan’s shoulder while gently swaying from side to side, the alcohol in her system making her legs too heavy to move around.

“No, you’re charming when you’re drunk. I actually think the alcohol helped you loosen a bit up around me.” He said in a pleased voice, tightening his arms around her and catching Kris’ approving glance over her shoulder.

“I get slightly… affectionate when I’m drunk.”

“When you say affectionate, do you really mean ?” he teased in a deep voice, his hands wandering to her backside and giving it a light squeeze causing her to groan at the irritation and mumble a low no, that didn’t sound very convincing.

“Then it’s good you’re sleeping at my place tonight, huh? Wouldn’t want your frustrations to affect other people.”

“I am not sleeping in your bed tonight.” She stated seriously and pulled out of his embrace.

“And why not?”

“I really don’t want to sleep in the bed, where you all of your girls. That’s beneath me.” She replied coolly and crossed her arms over her chest to enforce her point. “I have two beds, you know.” He causally added with a smirk, watching her eyes droop a bit, after all, the time had just gone past two.

“Great, then you can sleep in bed where the shagging is happening and I’ll take the normal one.” She murmured defiantly and gently leant on him, when the tiredness took over her body. “Let’s get you home, okay love?” Luhan smiled, bending down and scoping her up in his arms, her arms entwining behind his neck.

“Lay, Kai!” he yelled out to overpower the music, when the seniors left around midnight, the ceremonial gathering had turned into a party for the youngsters. Luhan nodded his goodbye to people he bypassed, until he met Kris, who also was supporting a sleeping Lin. “Are you guys going home?”

Kris nodded lightly, careful not to wake the sleeping girl in his arms and followed Luhan. “You looked very content tonight,”

“What are you talking about?” Luhan frowned, looking over his best friend, who held a wicked smile. “You didn’t really mind the kisses and the sweet nothings you told her, did you? The dancing and the proposal looked almost natural for you.”

“Shut it, Wu. It’s not my fault there are people looking everywhere.” Luhan hissed angrily, instantly regretting his harsh tone, when Hara began stirring in his arms. “Then why are you carrying her instead of letting her walk? The only time I had seen you carry a girl is when she is pressed against a wall and on your neck, this girl is doing neither, and still you’re looking quite pleased.”

“Well, I wouldn’t mind if she lost the hostile attitude, and maybe I could even get used to the idea of just shagging this girl the rest of my life, I mean, it’s not like she’s ugly.”

“Hara ugly? Mate you’re losing it,” Lay chuckled from behind where he suddenly appeared. “Not to offend you or Lin, but the lads didn’t react that way when she came around as they did today.”

“The techs actually made a poll about whether or not people would shag her, and you do not want to know the answers,” Kai chuckled from the other side, imagining Luhan wanting to beat every single one of s. “Let’s just go home, okay?” Luhan sighed.

●   ●   ●   ●   ●

Luhan gently laid her down on the bed with her dark red hair fanning around her like a halo. He pulled her heels off her feet and removed all of her jewelleries except her engagement ring, he didn’t want her to be without it. “Hey baby, could you turn over for me?” he whispered gently, placing his hands on her hips and helping her on her way, when she began turning.

“Han?” she murmured tiredly and rubbed her eyes, earning a small ‘hmm?’ from him. “Are we in the shagging bed?” He let out a laugh and knelt down in between her legs. “No love, we are not in the shagging bed. But could you please sit up on your knees?”

She stumbled to her knees, leaning against Luhan’s chest with the help of his hands on her hips. “Arms up,” he cooed, watching the small girl raise her hands in the air so he could remove the tight dress that snugly hugged her form.

“Can I borrow a shirt?” she asked dully, her head lolling back to rest against his shoulder, without a word, he began ing his shirt. He reached forward to help her into the sleeves, but was met with the soft skin of her s. “Did you remove your bra, Hara?” he mused with a cheekily smirk, enjoying the feel of her uncovered skin and her lack of rejection.

“I don’t sleep with both a bra and a shirt,” she answered truthfully, shrugging the shirt onto her shoulders without breaking the contact between her skin and Luhan’s wandering fingers. His hands lightly cupped her s earning a soft sigh that only encouraged him. His calloused thumb gently brushed against the peak of her causing a small form of pleasure to run through her being.

“Luhan?” she whispered, when his hands continued their ministrations, earning him several moans. “what, dear?” he cooed in her ear, enjoying the sounds of his name on her lips companied by the whimpers of pleasure. “Could you please brush my teeth for me? I’m so tired and can’t really feel my hands.”

This request made him stop. Could she really get any stranger? “Of course love.” He chuckled, retrieving his hands from her s and began buttoning the shirt, before leaving the room and came back with a brand new tooth brush in a hot pink colour that Lin had bought him in case Hara needed it.

“Open up, Ace.” So she did, and he brushed her teeth until they almost illuminated the darkness. When he returned from the bedroom, the small girl was spread out in the middle of the bed wearing nothing but his shirt and the he had bought her, making it very hard for him not to let all of his blood float to one specific area of his body.

“Come here,” he whispered, laying down behind her and pulling her small body into his embrace, before planting a gently kiss on her hair and falling asleep.