Getting Tattoo

Bleeding Out


“Breakfast lovebirds! Eat it while it’s hot,” Baekhyun chuckled outside the door, waking Luhan and making him jump, but something stopped him from getting up. A sleeping Hara was lying on top of him with her arms wound tightly around him.

“Hara, love? Are you awake?” he asked with his husky morning voice, still a bit scratchy from his hang-over. But she didn’t move, instead she let out a small groan that showed her discontent. “Baby, Baekh made breakfast, and we have to get back to Seoul before tonight.” He reasoned with the sleeping girl, who just shook her head and buried it in the pillow. Lu Hara! Get your fit bum out of this bed, or I will throw you in the shower right now!”

“That’s not my name,” she mumbled slowly, lifting her head from the crook of his neck to stare angrily at him.
“My name is Hara, not last name.”

“That’s just stupid,” he chuckled. “You can at least take mine if you don’t want your own; Lu Hara  sounds great doesn’t it?”

“You’re a sick, sick person.” She shook her head and lay it down again, causing Luhan to sigh.
“I’m not taking your surname; imagine me introducing myself as Dr. Lu  that just sounds ridiculous.”

“I warned you,” he muttered with a shrug, standing up and feeling her arms and legs tighten around him before leaving the room and entering the bathroom.
“This is gonna be a bit cold, okay love?” he laughed and turned the cold water on before sitting her down on the floor earning him a loud squeak.

“ you, Han!” she screamed, turning the water off and leaving the room.

“You could just stop playing sloth and let me go, then you wouldn’t have had to go under.” He shrugged, watching how his white dress shirt clung to her tanned skin and became slightly see-through.

“Maybe you should change before meeting the others,” he suggested, trying to make it sound light but failing miserably.

“Well, I don’t really have any clothes with me, “she argued.

“When your ‘fiancé’ call you up in the middle of the night, whining about wanting to go home, you don’t really pack clothes to the next before you jump out in the car.” With a sigh she pulled his shirt off and pulled on her bra and shirt from the day before.

 

“Well, yo-you’re the stupidest one.” He stuttered, causing Hara to frown and turn around.

“What?” but then she caught the way his eyes still were lingering on the skin that moments before was visible to him and sighed. “Seriously? You lost the ability to speak because of some skin? I thought you supposed to be a man , dear Han.”

“I didn’t lose the ability to speak because of you. In fact you have a rather disgusting body, I would personally rather snog Lay than you.”  He huffed, crossing his arms over his chest and puffing it out in offense.

“That’s kinda gay, mate.” Another chinese accented voice told him from behind, causing Luhan to turn around and stare at the chinese man in shock. “And Hara, by the way, I would much rather snog you than Luhan. Don’t worry dear; I’m sure the entire male population would agree with me.”

“Well, thank you Lay.” Hara giggled and pulled her jeans up her legs. “Would you do me the honour of escorting me to the kitchen?”

“Of course, soon-to-be Mrs. Han,” he agreed, presenting his arm for her, which she took reluctantly and dragged him down the stairs, leaving Luhan behind with a lazy smile on his lips.

 

“Do you two really don’t remember anything from last night?” Hara asked the two hung-over boys, one in the backseat and one by her side. She had gotten the privilege to drive them both home, so they could change and get to the head quarter, but of course both of them were affected by the drinking from the day before, not like Lay, who lived up to the chinese reputation, or Kris, who almost could out drink Lay and then be up for a morning run.

“I remember something about the bathroom, and being .. a good boy?” Luhan mused, looking wondering at her, trying to hide his embarrassment from Kai, who chuckled slightly.

“Oh, Hanz. I thought it was Hara that were the good girl, not the other way around.”

“Oh, but don’t worry Sweet Kaie. You were both good boys, even competing about whom was the better boy.” She reasoned, watching the tanned boy’s cheeks turn a deep crimson colour.

“Oh, and at some point you tried to convince me to call you Bradford Bad Boy; are you even from Bradford?”

“I lived there for a short while,” he muttered, while Luhan’s deep laugh overtook the car causing Hara to smile.

“Whatever you say, Bad Boy.” Luhan chuckled and leant back to close his eyes. “At least it wasn’t DJ Jongin this time,”

“Luhan! Things said in drunken state of mind is not allow to be mentioned again!” Kai cried out, trying to block Hara’s girly laugh out and save himself from the embarrassment.

“Well, that doesn’t really matter anymore, ‘cause we are at my flat, so one of you have to man up and take over the driving.” Hara interrupted, stopping the car in front of her complex, where Baekhyun’s car already held, picking up Lin and Yuri.

“Fine,” Luhan sighed, getting out of the car and meeting her at her door. “I’m picking you up at seven, since we have an appointment at eight, so be ready there. And after that, there’s a small party at the head quarter, okay?” he said in a firm voice, taking her hands and giving them a light squeeze.

“Cool, see ya later.” She nodded, kissing his cheek lightly and walked up the stairs to get home.

 

●   ●   ●   ●   ●

 

Luhan pulled up at the curb of Hara’s flat a quarter to seven and chose to stay in the car; he didn’t need to get another glimpse of a Hara and then not being able to function an hour later. But he was in luck, because five minutes later the girl walked down the stairs, wearing a little black dress, her tanned leather jacket and a pair of ankle booties.

“You look great, Hara. Really lovely.” He praised, when he came out and opened the door for her.

 

“Thank you, Hanz you too.” She replied, looking over his black dress trousers and the dark grey V-neck underneath his own leather jacket. “Let’s get going, yeah?” she slid into the seat and let him shut the door behind her, before he went to his own seat.

“So, there’s some things we have to talk about before we get to the head quarter.”

 

“What?” she mused, not giving him her full attention, instead looking at her phone, where Jimin just had sent her a text about the up-coming semester.

 

“Well, you see; at a function like this, often the closest friends and family gathers around to celebrate, when we get back from the tattoo artist. So since this isn’t only my engagement, Min Woo thought it would be nice for you to have someone other than the boy, Lin and Yuri there. So he…” but Luhan didn’t want to continue. He hadn’t been in agreement with Min Woo’ decision about inviting the extra guest, and he knew how Hara would react; but since he wasn’t the leader, he could do nothing about it, but inform Hara before they reached their destination.

“He invited Dong Wan, didn’t he?”

With a single nod, Luhan set off every emotion that had been hidden within since the last time she saw her father, and she didn’t take it well.

A low growl escaped her lips, while her feet worked hard to kick off her booties; her knees bend and rested beneath her chin. Her head began shaking from side to side, while he muttered no over and over again. The anger inside her getting too much and caused her to begin shaking.

“Hara, baby, please stop.” Luhan begged and parked the car in the side of the road, reaching over and pulling her into his lap.

“He ca-can’t be there, Luhan. I can’t see him. I ing hate him. I hate him and everything he’s done! Please tell him to leave, please Luhan, do it for me, okay? I don’t want him there. He’s not family anymore.” She cried into the crook of his neck, her arms tightly twisted around his shoulders and the leather fabric.

“Shush, baby-girl. I’ll call Min Woo and say we won’t be there if he is, okay? Is that what you want?” he asked, slightly panicked, while her back underneath her jacket. He had no idea the mentioning of a reunion with her father would hit this hard; sure she wasn’t really fond of the man any more, but hating him and claiming he wasn’t her family was a bit harsh, even for Luhan.

“I just, I can’t look at him right now, if I’m supposed to be happy. He’s all of my joy out of me, Luhan, he shouldn’t even be kept in the loop about all of this.” She gestured between the two of them, when she had leant back to look him into the eyes.

And then there was nothing Luhan could do but give into her; her beautiful, eyes, slightly red and full of tears from the crying, was the saddest thing he had ever seen; and already then he knew, that he would never be able to tell her no, if she looked at him like that.

“Okay,” he whispered and nodded, closing his eyes when she joined in on the nod, relieved that there was something he could do to stop the crying.
“Thank you,” she whimpered, her voice suddenly a lot closer than before; and then her lips were on his. Not harshly or feverishly like the kisses they before had shared, no, a chaste peck, just enough pressure that he wouldn’t mistake her actions for something else.

But the kiss ended quickly when a siren was heard outside of the car.

“Sir, could you please step out of the car, you are parked illegally and will be fined.” A nasal voice called, tapping lazily on the car that probably cost more than what he earned in a year.

Hara pulled back, slightly alarmed by the intruding voice, but Luhan just sighed irritated and opened the door. “What are you talking about?” he hissed angrily, turning his attention to the pale haired man that stuck his head into the car, recoiling a bit at the sight of the stunning asian in the driver’s lap.

“Are you alright Miss? Is this man hurting you in any way?” the pale blonde asked worried, putting a hand on Hara’s shoulder to gain her attention, which also gained him Luhan’s anger.

“Why are you touching her? I didn’t hurt her.”

“Step out of the car, sir. I think we have a thing or two to talk about,” the police man said, not taking his eyes of Hara’s dried tears on her cheeks.
“It will just be a minute, Sweetie, then you can be on your way again.” Hara raised her brows at this; did she really look that pathetic that the only possibility was Luhan hurting her? But instead of snapping at him, she chose to embrace Luhan’s wrath and step out of the car so Luhan could follow.

“It will just be a minute, Sweetheart, and then this wanker will be out of our way,” he mocked, placing a brief kiss on her cheek that earned him a little smile, before she slid into the car, closing the door behind her.

The minute Hara closed the door; Luhan had the cop pressed against the car with his forearm pressing on his windpipe. “You’re new, aren’t you?” Luhan mused with a sinisterly smile on his lips, watching how the blonde frighten nodded his head. “I figured as much, so I’m gunna introduce myself, okay?

“I’m Lu Han from the Wallflower gang, and that girl in that car is my fiancé, the soon-to-be Lu Hara; so those wandering eyes are to be kept for yourself. And no fine will be giving today, if you want someone to pay for me parking a couple of minutes by the road, you can take the money out of your own pay, but I doubt you’ll do that, right?

 

“Next time you even think about stopping me or my fiancé, I’ll personally cut you a nice, little scar that you can show the other dumb cops, understood?” the man nodded quickly and fell down, when Luhan let go of his throat. “Good, then run along, go pretend you have power in this city.”

 

●   ●   ●   ●   ●

 

When Luhan and Hara arrived at the head quarter, they took a quick detour to the bathroom so Hara could fix up the makeup that had been ruined by the crying, before meeting the others; and as Luhan had promised, Min Woo had politely asked Dong Wan to leave. But the engaged pair and the Wallflower leader were still not quite alright yet. Hara graciously denied him access to her cheek, when he wanted to plant a firm kiss there, Luhan backing her up by pulling her slightly closer to him, when he tried to plant another.

But then Luhan luckily told them that it was time to leave, gathering up Kris and Lin, that supposedly functioned as a best-man and maid of honour.

 

“Luhan, Kris, welcome back! And Lin, I didn’t quite see you there.” The tattoo artist, Oliver, cheered when the lot came through his doors. “And a mysterious girl, yours, I suppose?” he turned to Luhan and kinked a brow.

“I can’t run from that, Olly.  How are you doing?” Luhan laughed, pulling the guy into a hug before stepping back to Hara’s side and letting Kris and Lin get their turn.

 

“Fine, I’m just fine, enjoying the single life of a struggling artist, but just fine otherwise.” He chuckled, turning towards Hara, who observed their interaction with curious eyes. “And who might this lovely bird be? My new canvas perhaps?”

“My name is Hara, and yes, I’ll be getting a tattoo today.” The girl introduced herself, squeezing Oliver’s hand tightly and returning his wide smile.

 

“Alrighty then! Kris, are you up for another one too? Getting the lady’s name perhaps? Isn’t that time yet?” Oliver wriggled his brows, looking over Kris’ already tattooed up arms with a smile of content.

“Not until a month later, Olly. But then we’ll both be back for some ink.” He promised, pulling Lin to the chair in the waiting room to give the couple and the artist some privacy.

“So, what am I tattooing tonight?”

“My name, on the inner side of her right upper arm.” Luhan explained, taking the leather jacket from Hara, so Oliver could look over his canvas. “Right here,” he softly the expand of skin he had to work with and let the arm fall into Oliver’s possession.

 

“You guys and your names on your girls; one would think that you are branding them, making sure they don’t have a future without you.” Oliver joked, earning him a strained laugh from how precisely he had hit the nail on the head.

“Just standard font or did you have anything special in mind?”

 

“Hara, why don’t you write it down?” Luhan suggested, gently taking her shaking hand in his and began lazy circles in her palm. “Are you okay, love?”

“Just a bit scared,” she confessed, accepting the paper from Oliver before sitting down and writing Lu Han in her most elegant font she could muster. With a smile she gave it to Oliver, who disappeared to make the writing apply-able to skin.

“My tolerance to pain is just really low and I already cried once today, and that’s kinda my limit, you know?”

Luhan chuckled briefly at her weak attempt of a joke before leading her to the chair. “Just some kinds of pain, right? Because I know a way of inflicting you pain that doesn’t make your body want to cry,” he purred seductively into her ear, enjoying the blush that overtook her cheeks and the shivers that went from her spine.

“I thought we weren’t gunna talk about that,” she hissed embarrassed, remembering the way her body had reacted to the strikes he had delivered to her bum that night in Min Woo’ office.

“Baby, it’s okay you have a closet masochist inside of you; if I have to smack your bum a bit before we shagged, then so be it. I really don’t mind.”

“I am not a masochist!” Hara hissed a bit too loud, which made Kris, Lin and Oliver turn their way and look at her funnily.

“Okay love. I am not a giraffe if that helps?” Kris offered, snickering lightly because of the obscure sentence that sounded so erted out of context.

“Well then Maso, I am ready if you are?” Oliver placing the writing in her arm and went to prepare the needle with the black ink. When Hara solemnly nodded, forgetting everything about her newfound pet name because of her fear of pain, and took Luhan’s hand tightly in hers, he placed the needle on her skin and began the tattooing.

A few whimpers escaped her lips and Luhan squeezed her hand every time, hoping that it would distract her from the pain, but it never helped.
“Wanna play twenty questions?” he asked tenderly, watching her nod weakly, her other hand covering her eyes as if she couldn’t see it, it wouldn’t hurt.

“What would you be if you weren’t where you are right now?” she stammered, a few tears running down her cheeks when Oliver began on the third letter.

“I would probably be in a world famous musical group with the rest of the boys, being called something cheesy.” Luhan laughed, enjoying the smile that grazed her face when she heard his joke, both of them knowing that Luhan couldn’t sing to save his life, but the thought was nice. The idea of another life, where he wasn’t force to fight the streets for money and respect; and instead, maybe, would be able to take her on a real date.

 

The silly questions continued, Luhan successfully adverting Hara’s attention until Oliver was done wrapping her arm up. “There you go babe, one Lu Han forever written on your skin.” He concluded, standing up and brushing his hands off on his trousers.
“If you guys ever break up, remember I do excellent cover ups too; I’ll even give you 10 per cent off.”

“ off man!” Luhan chuckled, helping Hara up from the chair and paying Oliver his fee.

“I presume you know how to take care of it, right?”

Luhan nodded shortly, thanking Oliver for his time before ushering the lot to the car.

“Luhan, why are you in such a hurry?” Hara chuckled, buckling up and watching how eager Luhan was to get back on the street.

“I have someone you have to meet, and they are leaving the party early tonight.”