Training

Bleeding Out

Luhan was awakened by his alarm, reminding him that the time had turned seven and it was time for him to wake up. The problem was that he currently was sporting a 100 pound asian on top of him and a pup resting in the crook of his neck.

“Hara, we have to get up. We have an appointment with Kai and Lay in an hour; and you have to eat beforehand.” He whispered, gently her spine while sitting up against the headboard of the bed. The only response he got was Hara moving further down his body, while the puppy took her former place on his chest. 
“Darling seriously, if you don’t get up now, it will be worse for yourself.” He threatened with a harsh glare, that didn’t affect her one bit, maybe because her eyes hadn’t opened yet.

“If you take this puppy out, I’ll be up when the two of you get back,” she yawned, stretching her arms and gently petting doggie’s head.

Luhan looked doubtful at the almost sleeping girl. He wasn’t sure that she would keep her promise, but he had to try. He stood up and went into other room, which now had been dubbed as the closet and found a pair of sweatpants and a tee shirt with a pair of running shoes, before he went back to his bed.

“Come here little man,” he cooed, letting the dog tumble into his big hand and his ear, when he raised him to rest against his neck.
“We are going to the gym, so running shoes and what you normally work out in, okay?” he said, softly nudging the girl, who replied with a long groan, before she turned over on her back. “Yeah, I’m getting up now.” She grumbled, standing up and leaving Luhan with the dog.

“Looks like Mummy’s out of the bed, shall we go outside?” he walked to the hallway where the tiny leash hung and put it on the little dog, that was so small that he almost could escape his collar.
“Now, walk nicely and stay out of trouble with the bigger dogs, because I’m not gunna help you out, it’s your own fight out there, okay?” but instead of an answer, the pup just cocked his head and the fingers holding him up in the air.

He sat the dog down when they came to the park, where he often saw others walk their dogs, and let the little doggie run free.

Last night had been great. His mother had arrived just when the girls had finished dinner and she really enjoyed the meal. One thing Luhan had noticed was that Hara obviously had no clue what to do in a kitchen, meaning it was Lin and Yuki, who had made the meal. But Anne thankfully hadn’t noticed. She had gotten a tour in the new flat, and was very pleased to see, that the pair shared the only bed, instead of seeing the shameful bed with black sheets that told her everything she didn’t need to know about her son’s life.

Instead she was begun hinting that the room could host another person. First he thought that she wanted to live there herself, to be closer to him and get to know Hara better. But when he saw Hara’s tight smile and red cheeks, he realized that she was talking about her non-exciting grandchild. 
He had quickly shot down her ideas, telling her that there would be none of that for a long time, if not never, earning him a questionable look from Hara. 

 

“Are you ready, baby?” Luhan yelled, when he came back to the flat and let the dog down.

Hara pulled the jumper over her head, before heading into the hallway, where Luhan stood. “Yeah, let’s go.” She smiled, locking the puppy into the bathroom, and returning to him. “So, what are we doing?”

But he didn’t answer; instead his eyes were on her dark blue running tights that left almost nothing to the imagination about her legs. The curve of her bum was visibly, and the thinness of her thighs could be seen. “Is that really what you work out in?” he frowned, putting a light hand on the small of her back to push her to the car.

She looked that at the trousers, she often saw girls running around in when she was at campus, not seeing how it was a problem for him. “Is there a problem with them?” she asked, sliding into the front seat of the car and buckling up.

“No, but you must be the only one actually who actually get to work out with those on,” he mumbled, slightly uncomfortable that everyone would be able to see those lovely legs, that only should be visibly to him, wrapped around his waist.

“Hardy Lu Lu.”

He smirked at her, when they pulled up beside a little house with a familiar car parked outside. “Who are we picking up?” she asked questionable, not having visited either Kai or Lay. But his answer wasn’t needed when a familiar red head opened the door; Hara was just about to open the window and yell a hello, when a stunning, black haired girl came out beside him and was pulled in for a kiss that quickly got a bit intense. “Way to go Lay,” she murmured, Luhan chuckling beside her.

It wasn’t only Hara’s first time seeing this girl; Luhan hadn’t neither met this specific girl before, Lay not having mentioned anyone; which in itself was strange. Lay was never one for hiding his conquests, sometimes even texting the lads when he sat in the cap on his way to his or her place, but this girl was a mystery.

The couple separated and the girl was about to turn around and leave, when Lay pulled her back and placed a small kiss on her lips before releasing her and letting her walk down the street in the opposite direction of Hara and Luhan. Lay hurriedly locked the door and adjusted his snap back, before looking around and catching the sight of the black car with slightly red cheeks.

“Hello Luhan, Hara.” He said quietly when he got into the back seat.

After a few beats of awkward silence, Hara cleared . “Are you gunna tell us about her?”

“No.”

“So we don’t even get a name? An age? Occupation?”

“Luhan, tell your fiancé to stop snooping around in my love life.” Lay grumbled, crossing his arms across his chest with pink cheeks and a slightly goofy smile on his lips.

Luhan snorted. “Like I could change her mind normally, but fortunately today is a bit different.”

“What are you talking about?” Hara frowned, looking out of the window when Luhan stopped the car in front of a dull looking grey building surrounded by a green area. 
“Where are we?” together with the boys she stepped out of the car and met Kai in front of the building.

“Over the last period of time, there have been some attacks; some of the lads’ girls have been jumped going home from their work and I wanted to prevent that with you. Baekhyun and Kris think Lin and Yuki would be too fragile to hear the news and to actually do something about it. But since you are a bit tougher than the two, and you have all three of us, you’ll be in great shape in no time.” Luhan explained with a lazy smile, putting an arm around her and began to walk towards the entrance.

“So why are we here?”

“We, darling, are here to train you.” Lay smirked, welcoming her to a room filled with gym equipment. And then she began to laugh, not the girly kind that Luhan thought was cute, but the kind that would make her curl into a ball on the floor because of laughing cramps.

When she finished her odd outbreak, Luhan was looking annoyed at her “Fifteen laps around the building, no breaks and be back within a half hour.” He ordered, not appreciating her laugh, taking it as a form of disrespect towards him.

“You’re not serious are you? I thought I was just tagging along to watch you guys.” She whined, stomping her feet in displeasure. But when Luhan didn’t speak up, she threw her hoodie off and stomped her way out of the building to run her laps.

 

The guys remained silent until they heard the door close behind her.

“Are you gunna go after her?” Kai smirked, looking at the distressed Luhan, who was fiddling with his fingers and switching the weight from one foot to another.

“No, no one’s gunna see her out there. When she gets back inside I’ll give her my shirt to wear,” Luhan mumbled, trying not to think about all the guys that could see her in only the running tights and her sports bra, she apparently thought was appropriate to wear in an almost strictly male gym.

“How long do you think it gunna take? 15 laps are about five kilometers.” Lay pointed out, sitting down on one of the benches beside the boxing ring.

“Well, she looks like she does some yoga or Pilates  maybe some running; so she’ll warmed up when she gets back here.” Luhan stated surely.

Forty minutes after, the boys got a bit worried and stood up. “Do you think she left?” Lay asked quietly on their way to the door.

“She better not,” Luhan replied grumbly when they almost reached the door, but something was in the way. There on the floor of the hallway lay Hara panting harshly, her right hand grabbing her side and the other resting on her forehead.

“” pant. “You,” pant. “Luhan.” Pant.

 She turned around towards the boys and fought to get on her hands and knees. “What the hell was the point of this? Torturing me to death? Never mind, can we go home now?” she slowly stood up on her feet, still clutching her side and panting quietly.

“Love, that was just your warm up.” Kai chuckled, putting an arm around her and pulling her towards the gym once again.

“Warm up? I can’t handle more! I need to rest. Do you know how hard that was?”

“How long do you usually run?” Luhan asked, leading her to one of the mats. He took off the tee shirt he wore and put it over her head to cover up her chest area and toned stomach.

“I don’t run. Ever.”

“What do you do then? Swim, yoga, power walk?” Lay mused, stretching his limps and walking to stand in the middle of the mat.

“Let me rephrase that: I don’t exercise. The only reason I don’t weight 200 pounds is my genes gifted me with a high metabolism. I’ll probably die at the age of 30 because of heart failure, but that’s how I chose to live my life.” She shrugged, sitting down in front of Lay, who was cracking his knuckles.

“Well, let’s change that. From now on you’ll attend exercise three times a week, one time for strength and muscle build with the three of us. You will begin doing cardio alongside some running, and lastly Sunday morning will be occupied with yoga or Pilates. Do you understand me?” Luhan said sternly, taking her hands and pulling her up to stand in front of Lay, who by now had pads on his hands.

“If I can’t run five kilometers, then how do you think I can endure a work out three times a week?” she whined, slowly stretching her legs before bending down to touch her toes.

“We’ll start up slow, don’t worry.” Luhan mock cooed and slapped her bum; the slap making a loud noise and gained the attention of some of the surrounding lads, who wasn’t already looking.

It wasn’t often girls came by. Most guys preferred their partners to be helpless and always in need of them. But once in a while someone came by to watch her guy work out, but never to join in on the training like Hara was about to do.

“Well, we have quite a few qualities that you’ll have to master. First there’s hand to hand combat, which Lay will be in charge of in the beginning, if you get better, Kai will take over. Then we have close combat with a knife involved, again with Lay. The shooting range with me, get-away driving with Kris, and if you’re lucky there’s boxing with Baekhyun.
”Luhan drawled on watching how her eyes turned wide at the mentioning of the weapons.

“So Kai pulled the long straw, huh?” she joked dryly, nudging him in the ribs.

“No love, I’ll be in charge of your cardio and when Lay gets too sick of you, I’ll kick your arse on this very mat.” The tanned boy smirked making her wince. She knew he meant it. He wasn’t a person to joke around, and if Luhan was rough with her doing things the right way, she imagined Kai being even worse.

 

“Okay, we’re just gunna see how much strength you currently have. So you’re just gunna punch the pads Lay are holding.” Luhan instructed, placing her correctly in front of Lay and helping her raise her hands and stand properly.

Hara slowly flexed her fingers before wrapping them around her thumb and raising her now closed fist. She shifted her weight before locking eyes with Lay. 
“So am I just supposed to punch it?” she nervously laughed. She never liked violence, in fact she was borderline pacifist and the thought of being trained to fend off an attacker was quite uncomfortable.

“Yes, Hara, just punch the pad.” Luhan sighed, sitting down on the matt, knowing this probably would take a while before Hara got comfortable enough to move on to something else.

She quietly counted to ten before harshly throwing a punch. Unfortunately she hit right where Lay had his hand making the force behind the punch hurt the finger within her fist. “!” she screeched, waving the hurt thumb around before taking it into and tried to the pain away, something she always had done.

“What are you doing?” the lads chuckled, watching her intensely on the finger a little too hungrily for Luhan’s taste until she stopped.

“You are supposed to have the thumb outside of the fist, Hara, not within it.” Lay corrected, taking her hand in his and folding it correctly. 
“Like this okay? Let’s just try without the pads, just punch my hands for a while.”

And she did, her punch didn’t have much power behind them, but it was given with her lack of strength. Her precision on the other hand was spot on; nine out of ten times she hit her target. So when they switched to kicks instead, Lay had to bring out the pads once again to lessen the pain. The power in her legs was much greater and by some unknown reason, her flexibility allowed her to almost kick Lay in the face.

“Let’s take a break, yeah?” Lay proposed after the third kick to his head. He lay down on the mat, exhausted like it was him, who had done the hard work. Luhan pulled Hara down between his legs, and she gladly accepted to worn out to support herself when sitting up.

“What’s that with Baekhyun’s name up there?” she questioned, pointing to the scoreboard above the boxing ring, where, sure enough, Byun Baekhyun was the first name.

“The Wallflowers are very competitive, so each year a tournament is held within the four categories and the top ten in each category is hung up above the respective area.” Kai explained, pointing to back end of the room where a large amount of matts lay with a board, where his own and the rest of the boys’ names was in the top ten.

Hara nodded understanding, looking at third board in the room with Lay’s name on top. “But why boxing? I mean, in close combat you told me everything is allowed, but why separate boxing from the others?”

“Just like most family have a sport that almost every member tries out at least once, boxing was that for Edward and his family, and since then it just stuck with us. That’s why Baekhyun’s much respected amongst the Elders.” Luhan replied softly, running a hand from her shoulder to her knee and letting it rest there.

“Figures, if they really wanted to achieve something they should have gone for a team of rowers, that would probably have brought Seoul more Olympic medals with the amount of training you guys apparently do.” She snorted, standing up and drying the sweat off her forehead with the hem of Luhan’s shirt. “Shall we take another round?”

●   ●   ●   ●   ●

When Lay had gone over the basics of the art of fighting with a knife, the lads called it a day and told to her to hang tight while they change out of their sweaty clothes and took a shower, even though she had to stay in the clammy tights and the sticky tee shirt Luhan had loaned her.

But the slightly disgusting outfit she was wearing didn’t stop the lads from sending her a crooked smile or a wink her way. But one of them didn’t stop there.

A brunette boy with very pretty eyes slowly made his way to her and dropped down next to her one the matt. “Hello, are you lost?” he asked in his deep voice and sent her a smile, making her giggle.

His bared chest with the WF tattoo on it, showed her his was indeed a member of the gang, but what she didn’t understand was, why he dared to sit beside her, when he probably knew that Luhan could come out any second now.

“No, I’m waiting for someone.” She smiled, taking a sip of the bottle beside her and looked him over. He was about her age, maybe a bit older but not older than Luhan. He was cute, but in a puppy dog kinda of way, in fact had his hair not have been straight, he would’ve reminded her of puppy back home; so he was definitely not her type. “I’m guessing you’re new here, right?”

“That obvious?” he chuckled, letting a hand run through his hair and focus back on her. “Why?”

“Do you know the guy Lu Han?”

“Yeah, I heard about him back in Tokyo, he should be bloody scary though.” He said with a shudder, “Have you met him?”

Just as she was about to answer, a muscular arm was slung around her shoulders. “Hey love. Who’s your friend here?” Luhan wondered with a tight smile, staring down at the girl with suspicious look. What was that guy doing around his fiancé? Didn’t he know who he was, and that it wasn’t allowed to take other brothers girls?

“Hi Joshua, I see you met Hara, Luhan’s fiancé.” Lay stated, putting very noticeable pressure on the word fiancé. “Luhan, Hara, Kai, this is Joshua, our newest brother all the way from Tokyo. He is gunna infiltrate United and get us some more information.”

“Yeah, MinWoo told me about you, good thinking coming here before the mission starts.” Luhan praised, slowly warming up about the new kid. It was a brave thing he was about to do, and he didn’t look much older than 19 meaning he really hadn’t lived yet. And now he doing something that might get him killed.

“Well, it was nice to meet you. I have an appointment with some personal trainer, but let’s meet up later, yeah?” Joshua smiled, a bit of the cheekiness disappeared from his eyes before walking over to one of the buffest guys in the room.

“Let’s go home, okay?”

“Yeah, Lin and Yuki called, apparently they have some training of their own I need to go through.” Hara shrugged, accepting Luhan’s help to pull her up before they walked out to the car.