You Got Me

secretseven's one stop one shot shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Notes: TOP, Dara, Fluff   Foreword

"Gotcha."

I hear her snicker at the background as the blackboard eraser drops on my head. I grit my teeth as a cloud of chalk dust obscure my vision and the class breaks into a laugh.

"I got you good didn't I, Tabi?"

I ignored her and began to dust off my hair, I took a step and immediately lost my footing as a damp rag caused my right foot to lift in midair. I fell on my and on cue the laughter magnified. I don't look up.

"Oops, watch your step... no wait, that was a bit too late wasn't it." She laughs.

Again, I found myself griting my teeth and my hands clenched into a fist. Good God, why haven't you made this girl into a boy! But she was a girl and no, I can't hit her. So I push myself up and dust myself off again. I walked passed her as if nothing happened, like every day that passed. I went to my seat where a freshly chewed gum was conspicously stuck on the middle. I shrug off my bag took out a piece of paper and used it to get the gum out and threw it at the bin. I hear the jeering of the class as I took my seat and looked out the window.

"Yah Park! Two out of three is that all you've got... and he didn't even look at you!"

"Shut up, Kwon!" I hear her retort back, she moodily slumps into the seat beside me.

"Yah, Tabi..." She calls to me in a low voice.

"I'll get you someday."

I sighed audibly and I hear her laugh softly. I steal a glance and I see her laughing into her hands, her hair cascading down her face, black framing white. She had a backwards baseball cap on. I stare a little too long as I see her recover from her small mirth and she catches me before I look away.

"I'll definitely get you someday." She whispers with determination that I never truly minded.

STORY

That girl beside me. Yes, the boyish prankster who played those stupid practical jokes on me, her name is Sandara Park and ironically enough, she's kind of the school bully. I grew up with her and since we were four she had been teasing me and though she has consistently annoyed me I never paid much attention to her. We grew up (well I did) and she was still at it. The pranks were mostly harmless except for minor bumps and bruises. I usually can just remind myself that she's a girl and walk away. I have never told her off and for some reason she had made it her life mission to "get me." Whatever that means, her bestfriend Jiyong told me that she was just waiting for me to get pissed and me just letting her do as she will is stupid.

"Tell her off already, hyung." Jiyong told me for the nth time. You see oddly enough Jiyong was my friend too.

"She's not worth it." I replied.

"You're just torturing each other. She's not even getting creative anymore." He reaches out to my back and takes a sticky note with a "Kick me." written on it.

I took the paper from him, crumpled it and shoved it inside my pocket. "Yes, you liked those times when she was creative. Of course YOU would."

He laughs, "Actually the whole class liked that time where she stole your boxers from the gym locker and replaced it as the flag. She had your name written on it complete with the section and all. You were blushing red and she was guffawing so loud. Both of you got detention and.. and..."

"Shut up, Jiyong." I told him, remembering the scorching feeling of my face as my blood boiled hot because of embarrassment.

"...and she told me you never once looked at her... Why don't you look at her? I mean how many years have you two known each other and she swears that you never once looked at her."

"I look at her, what is she talking about?" I asked, annoyed.

"You look at her but you don't see her."

"I see her." I tell him.

"Well, you two are getting annoying."

I sighed. "Tell her to stop calling me Tabi."

"Is that it? Are you ignoring her because she gave you that name."

"I'm not ignoring her." I look away.

"Why do you dislike it so much, it's like a pet name or something..."

"I'm not her pet and she gave me that name because I was fat."

He laughs, " When we were four! God how can you keep a grudge for eleven years, I don't know."

"She never stopped those pranks even when she's sick she'd prank call my house!"

Again he laughs at my expense. "So you are affected by her little acts."

I glare at him and shove my hands in my pocket. "Whatever." I mumbled leaving Jiyong still laughing in the background.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was fourteen when I received my first confession, she was an older girl. Pretty with big brown eyes. I must confess that seeing a girl all shy and blushing prettily while they tell you they like you made I guy feel like he was king of the world. Her name was Kim Tae Hee and she was the complete opposite of that girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter