Chapter 7

Work To My Heart!


Chapter 7

The moment Jackson walked through the office, returning from lunch with Mark, all eyes were set on him including Youngjae's.

Not having a clue at how this gonna turn out, he puts on a nonchalant face and head straight for his desk and start working.

It wasn't until Bambam come along to pass him another stack of files that Jackson is finally aware of his surrounding, it was almost time to go home.

Jackson sigh, dreading the idea of working overtime again when he saw the huge pile in 

Bambam's hold but then the idea that Mark gave him earlier replayed in his mind.

"You gonna be working overtime again, today?" Mark questioned while driving them back to the company, eyes still on the road.

"I hope not." Jackson replied, praying hard the office boy wouldn't head his way with another pile like yesterday.

"Why don't you just reject the work? It aren't yours to begin with, right?" Mark suggested, glancing towards the younger whose thinking about the suggestion.

"I don't really know how, you know I can't handle the looks people give me." Jackson exclaimed, earning a slow nod for the older who forgotten about that weakness of his.

"How about, you just say you got a date?" Mark proposed after thinking up ways for the younger to reject indirectly.

"Maybe..." Jackson hums, wondering if that idea would even work if he ever used it.

Now back to the situation he was in, Jackson is desperate to leave early so he decided to just go with the idea and see how it goes.

"I'm sorry, Bam but I really can't work on these. I got a date tonight." Jackson apologized, making sure the others could hear his words just to make himself clear.

"But.." Bambam tries to reason but end up cutting his own words, turning to look at the three ladies who by now was busy signalling each other about the new hot piece of 'news'.

It definitely didn't failed to catch Jinyoung's attention, who pretty much amazed at how the usually nice Jackson just rejected work over a date.

Like as if on cue, Mark appears at the entrance just like earlier which cause the three ladies to squeal at his appearance.

Bambam was pretty much lost at the situation while Jackson just smiles the moment he saw the older leaning against the door, waving at him.

"I'm sorry once again, Bam." Jackson exclaimed before gathering his stuffs and heading towards Mark after giving Youngjae a small goodbye wave.

"Wait a minute, Jackson shii." The familiar voice stopped the best friends intention to leave, causing both of them to turn and look at Jinyoung.

"Yes, Chief.” Jackson answered, wondering why would his ex stop them from leaving, he didn’t do anything wrong by rejecting other people share of work.

“I would very much appreciate that from tomorrow onwards your date picks you up outside this building, his disturbing everyone else peace at work. Moreover, we have a rule that stated no outsider allowed in this building without permission.I hope you understand, Jackson shii.” Jinyoung requested professionally, smirking at the couple.

Of course, Jackson knows that this is wrong but Mark wasn’t just any outsider, he is the Chairman’s son who basically owns Majestic Minds but there’s no way he can tell Jinyoung that.

“I’m sorry for causing disturbance but I do have the permission to be walking around here.” Mark apologized seeing how the younger struggling to answer Jinyoung’s words.

Mark shows the younger chief his staff pass that he got from Min jun earlier, guessing that it might come in handy in any case of sticky situation like this one.

Jinyoung didn’t see that coming, he never thought that the english speaking show off could speak korean fluently and to make it worse, he is a staff here.

“Which department do you worked in?” Jinyoung questioned, keeping a poker face while trying his best not to show his slightly intimidated by the aura that the said person is giving off.

Wherelse Jackson was lost, he didn’t know that Mark is a staff here.

“I don’t think I’m oblige to answer your question.” Mark answered back, throwing a bit of an attitude out there just to the annoyed younger.

“Do you know who you are talking to, right now?” Jinyoung asked, putting on a smug look as in a way trying to scare the icy cold Mark with his seniority and title.

“Park Jinyoung, chief of the design department. So?” Mark replied, indifferent to Jinyoung whose slowly getting pissed at him.

“Is this how you are supposed to act around a superior?” Jinyoung asked in disbelief which cause the so called couple to roll their eyes at that statement, instantly offending the young chief.

“Basically, I’m not part of your department nor are you my chief so I’m not obliged to any of your question or orders.” Mark exclaimed which cause Jinyoung to scan him with the the stinky eyes, amused by the fact that Mark was acting like a big deal or something.

“I bet he only gets this job because of his pretty face.” Jinyoung muttered under his breath, forcing a fake smile on his face while still eyeing Mark.

Jackson gasped in horror upon hearing those words, the same one that Mark hates the most in the whole wide world, ‘pretty face’. 

He could only pray hard that Jinyoung won’t be scarred for life after this.

“You know even if you have an ugly personality, it’s fine as long as your face is pretty but I somehow pitted those working here, you don’t have a pretty face nor personality. Having a chief like this isn’t something I would be proud off.” Mark attacked, causing Jinyoung’s mouth to hang open in shock, totally wasn’t expecting those words while Jackson in awe at how the older still didn’t lose that scary side of him.

The defeated chief could clearly hear snickering coming from all his staff in that office, properly enjoyed watching him in his current state.

Mark smiles in satisfaction, succeeding at shutting Jinyoung up before he turns to smile at Jackson.

“Let's go or we will be late for dinner.” Mark exclaimed in full english with his deep and husky tone which cause all the ladies to just melt at his voice.

Jackson could only nod, still mind blown by the fact that someone actually manage to make the witty and sarcastic Park Jinyoung speechless for once. 

He thought his ex is good with his words but apparently, not up to Mark’s level just yet. 

"So, how did I do as your date?" Mark teased once they step into the lift, away from other curious eyes.

Jackson could only roll his eyes at the older words before they both burst out laughing, reminded of other's reaction towards their little act.

"I think it will shut them up for a few days, you know just to processed what's going on especially him." Jackson remarked, internally cheering at the possibility of peace heading his way tomorrow.

"Good, that department could use some peace." Mark nodded, slinging his arms around the excited Jackson's shoulder.

"What are we having for dinner?" Jackson questioned, eyes sparkling at the thought of eating meat for dinner, tonight.

"Before that, we are heading somewhere first." Mark exclaimed, not even waiting for the lost puppy to respond before dragging him to his car the moment the lift door opened at the carpark level.

Jackson blinked his eyes once again, making sure that the sight that greeted him was a reality. 

It seems like a dream when Mark dragged him back to the shop from earlier, asking him to pick out all the snapbacks that he likes.

Which exactly brought him to this situation where he is standing in front of a big shelf with 
a huge number of different snapbacks collection, spoiling him with different styles and designs.

"Why are we exactly doing this again?" Jackson questioned, turning to look at Mark whose already busy scanning for a snapback of his choice.

"I'm changing you back into my Jackson Wang." Mark replied, trying on a few snapbacks that he thought suited the younger on the unsure Jackson.

"Enough questioning, more picking." Mark ordered when he noticed Jackson trying to question more, earning a pout from the puppy who actually obediently follows his order.

By the time they step out of the shop, Mark makes sure he got everything to change Jackson's wardrobe into his old one.

"Let's go and eat." Mark exclaimed, earning a cheer from the beaming younger as they head for a meat place nearby.

 

*************************************

 

Back at the now empty office, a figure is moving around in the dark, searching through the new chief desk in particular.

The figure make sure to check every drawers thoroughly, finding for the data that he needs.

After what seems like eternity, the figure finally found the important usb drive which cause him to quickly plug it into his own personal laptop before quickly copying all the crucial data in it.

Once everything it’s copied, the figure quickly placed it back into the second drawer where it was found earlier.

Smiling in satisfaction about completing his mission, the figure quickly exited the building but not before dropping by the president office to place a manila folder on the desk, hoping that the new president would appreciate his tip off.

 

*************************************

 

Jackson almost bang his head on the desk, almost but somehow he still manage to hold back the urge to do that.

It has already been three hours since his arrival this morning but still he have multiple sets of eyes staring at him in admiration thanks to the courtesy of Mark Tuan.

“Stupid Dimsum!” Jackson grumbled under his breath, totally blaming the older for making him this attractive that it starting to bother him at how people’s eyes are constantly on him including his usually indifferent desk neighbour.

He had always hated excessive attention on him since it had only been inviting nothing but  trouble for him since back then but he couldn’t denied that dressing up like this, makes him feel more comfortable and confidence.

A white long sleeved shirt under a navy blue vest with a black suit pants, it’s simple but just the way he likes it, Mark really know his taste well.

Another thing that make him feel satisfied over his image change today was the fact that his ex was super annoyed by the attention he is receiving since morning.

“Jackson hyung.” Bambam called out sweetly, pulling his attention towards the office boy whose grinning sheepishly at him.

“Yes, Bam.” Jackson replied, a bit weird out by the sudden over friendly younger.

“Here are your files, Chief needs them by lunch time.” Bambam informed, passing exactly three files to  the lost Jackson who was expecting a pile like usual.

“The noonas didn’t pass to me their share of files today.” Bambam explained when he saw look on the older face, earning a slow nod from the other before he walks away with a smile that freaks Jackson out a bit.

Not really understanding the whole reduced in number thing, Jackson just took it as a good sign since it’s less work for him anyway so why question, right.

Wherelse on the thirteenth floor, Mark was busy trying to figure out who's the person that left the mysterious folder on his desk.

The folder contains pictures of four different proposals that belongs to Jackson which just confused the older more since things are slowly starting to link up to the younger.

Mark wasn’t sure what these pictures means but he is sure that he will find out soon.

Right on cue, Mark heard knocking on his door before Jia appears with his guest right behind her.

He mouthed ‘thank you’ to his secretary which Jia responded with a smile before she exited the office, leaving the president with his important guest.

“Thank you for coming in, Peniel.” Mark thanked after his high school classmate who also happens to be a private investigator took a seat opposite of him.

“No problem, Mark. Did you read my mail?” Peniel replied in full english since they are both more familiar and comfortable talking in that language.

“Yes. Didn’t  expect you to find that much information though.” Mark remarked, totally amazed at Penial’s speed at collecting data on the company past deals records in just two days.

“Actually, when you called in one month ago to request a check on the company activities so far, I already smell something iffy with your vice president, Im Jaebum so that’s why I tried to dig up as much information as possible.” Peniel explained, earning nods from the new president.

“From what I understand so far, we lost four big deals in the last six months which never happened before while my father was still in this post. “ Mark summarised on what he gotten so far. 

“Yes, weirdly though, three of these deals was lost to new companies that usually won’t competed against Majestic Mind over this kind of big deals. These are the pictures of their proposals that won the clients favour.” Peniel continued, passing a folder to Mark.

The moment Mark skimmed through the pictures, he was shocked by the similarity between these proposals and Jackson’s that he saw earlier.

At that very moment Mark realize how everything seems to fit together like a puzzle, how everything starting to make sense now.

“Wait, don’t tell me that Im Jaebum has been selling out our proposals to rivals companies?” Mark questioned which cause Penial to smile at his friend spot on conclusion.

“Bingo! I checked up on his movements and even calls records to just find out that he were actually in contact with all four different companies at some point of time in the last six months span. It seems like he only sells them to the company that offers him the highest price, you know like auctioning those proposals.” Peniel exclaimed, passing the documents with Jaebum’s phone calls record for the last six month.

“With money involved, I run a check on his bank account records just to be safe.  Aside for the payments he got from the proposals, he has been constantly banking in quite a sum of money every month. I advise you to check up on the company funds, you know just be safe.” Peniel added, watching Mark’s eyes scanning through the documents.

“Noted, thanks Peniel Just keep me updated if there’s any new info.” Mark thanked, feeling grateful for the other’s help.

“No problem. I got to go now, another meeting scheduled.” Peniel exclaimed, giving Mark a brotherly hug before exiting the office with a wave.

Taking a seat back, Mark feels like he got almost all the answers to his questions with just one being an exception,  why are all the proposals that were sell out are Jackson’s.

While deep in thoughts, a beep was heard signalling a text.

From: Mandu

Save me, I’m dying. T_T

Mark chuckled at the text, knowing exactly why Jackson is dying before he checks the time displayed, it was almost lunch time and he didn’t even realized it.

To: Mandu

Coming :p

As he press ‘send’, the young Tuan exited the office with just his phone and wallet.

The moment he arrived on the seventh floor, Mark was amazed by the number of ladies gathered at the entrance, eyes totally ogling his Mandu who's trying his best to hide his face behind his screen, probably busy cursing him in his head a million number of times.

He clears his throat to pull the attention towards him which he clearly succeeded when the ladies start squealing his way. 

With all eyes set on him, he puts on his charming smile before walking his way passed through the crowd, stopping right at the door before calling out,  ‘Jackson’.

The younger almost jump up in joy the moment his saviour pops out from in between the crowd, wanting to run straight to Mark but remembers about poor Youngjae who he totally forgotten about yesterday during lunch.

“Do you want to join us?” Jackson asked once he stop by the younger desk, earning an hesitate look from the other.

“Are you sure?” Youngjae questioned, unsure if Jackson’s companion will be happy about him tagging along.

“Of course.” Jackson assured before dragging the other towards Mark way before Bambam suddenly pops up in front of them, grinning.

“Can I tag along?” Bambam questioned, which cause the desk buddies to exchange looks, lost but Youngjae decides to speak up before his kind hearted hyung agrees on it.

“You know what, hyung. I will just join Bambam for lunch instead. You go ahead.” Youngjae exclaimed, signalling to the lost older to go ahead.

“Alright, see you guys later.” Jackson answered absentmindedly, not understanding Youngjae’s sudden change of decision but went ahead, leaving a complaining Bambam behind with his desk neighbour.  

“Is everything, alright?” Mark whispered to the younger as they walked passed the swooning ladies who keep growing in number.

Jackson just nodded, finding himself clinging on to the older while trying to avoid the flashes coming from the handphones surrounding them.

By the time they entered the lift, Jackson almost fainted by being crowded around just like a superstar while Mark could only laugh, fanning his big baby with his hand.

“How did you survived that?” Jackson questioned in disbelief, amazed at how Mark could still be this calm and relax in that frenzy.

“How do you think I survived two years of students fangirling over me? Practice makes perfect.” Mark replied with a smug look with earned him a snicker from the amused Jackson.

“Of course, Mr Professor.” Jackson mocked, sticking his tongue out at Mark who instantly punish him by tickling the younger.

Jackson’s punishment ended the moment they reached the carpark level, escaping the moment the lift opens up while Mark just chuckle before chasing after the younger.

Mark tried to tickle attack again but failed since Jackson defended himself by pulling the older into a tight hug, locking the complaining Dimsum’s arms in the process.

Without them realizing, Jinyoung who just arrived at the carpark witness them hugging out beside Mark’s car, rolling his eyes at the annoying scene.

“Hey babe, what got you so grumpy?” The familiar voice was heard before Jinyoung felt a peck on his cheek which cause a huge grin to flashed on the chief’s face.

Jinyoung turns towards his beloved before greeting the figure with the same action causing the other to pull him in for a heated kiss.

“Feeling a whole lot better, right?” The figure whispered into his ears after pulling away from the intense moment, earning a nod from the flushed chief.

“Let’s go for lunch.” The figure grabbed Jinyoung’s hand before they walked over to his car while Jinyoung tried to spot the so called couple but it seems like they already left.

Half way through their meal, the said person noticed how quiet his lover has been today and he couldn’t help but to start worrying about the young chief.

“Babe, is everything alright? You seems so out of it today.” He questioned, looking at Jinyoung who wasn’t expecting that question.

“Actually…” Jinyoung started, wondering if he should tell the other about Jackson which had been disturbing him these last few days.

“Go on.” He encouraged after seeing the hesitation on the chief’s face.

“Jackson, he is currently living in the apartment next to mine, I just found out a few days ago.” Jinyoung explained which honestly didn’t surprise the other that much since he had expected that Jackson might lingers around even after their break up.

“Did he pestered you or anything?” He questioned again, wondering if his prediction was spot on.

Jinyoung was a bit surprised by his lover rather calm reaction, not freaking out like him when he first found out.

“No. It’s just that I’m annoyed at how he is busy showing off his new boyfriend. It’s just so frustrating seeing that smile on his face.” Jinyoung exclaimed, unconsciously stabbing his poor steak.

“New boyfriend?” The other exclaimed, totally not seeing this piece of information in his prediction since Jackson Wang is known to be madly in love with Park Jinyoung, there is no way he can move on and replaced the young chief that easily.

It’s only possible if he is using the new party to earned back Jinyoung’s attention on him.

“Yes, a new boyfriend. Does it even make sense, Bummie? A guy like him should be crying over me right now, not being happy with some english speaking guy.” Jinyoung vented his anger at his now rather amused partner.

“Babe, are you by any chance jealous, you know seeing him with someone else.” The other remarked which cause Jinyoung to instantly froze, his mind trying to deny every single bit of that possibility.

“Of course, not. I have you, Bummie.” Jinyoung replied defensively, looking at the other like as if he said something out of this world.

“Good because I don’t want you to fall for his trap, you almost got tricked, Babe.” He exclaimed after coming to a conclusion at what’s going on, hand reaching out to hold Jinyoung’s which was resting on the table.

“Tricked?” Jinyoung asked, confused at what he lover meant.

“Basically, he hired that guy to be his fake boyfriend so you will get jealous and slowly your attention will go back to him. It’s the only possible reason to as why he got over you that quickly and how he  purposely show him off right in front of you, right?” He reasoned which had the young chief thinking about how the show off  purposely ticking him off during their every ‘confrontation’.

“You are a genius, Bummie.” Jinyoung exclaimed in pure delight when everything finally seems to make sense in his head.

“Well, that is Im Jaebum for you.” The vice president said smugly which cause Jinyoung to melt again seeing the confident flowing out of his current love.

 

A/N: Hi! I'm so happy to read all the cute and supportive comments. Thank you for the support guys and keep on reading!

BIG THANKS TO Liiine, Shinee1997, ngoway, Poopball101, bookwonderer, ceramwrap, xrainbowsplashx, KPop_Angel7, cynder8, Kisschu92, Kai-ya, VelvetLove, Tenjotsuki, angahchan, Avenda, LollipopFille, byungmaskson, ollyyyy FOR SUBSCRIBING!<3 

BONUS: Markson WGM fanvid that I did, enjoy :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0LFqH2TRJg

<3 InfinitelyCassie