Chapter 13

Work To My Heart!

Chapter 13

“How can she be so unreasonable? It not like as if you could find an apartment that easily. “ Jackson remarked, finding Youngjae’s landlady absurd after hearing the full story of how she kicked him out just because of a late payment.

“Exactly, it’s only this once but she go nuts on me. She wants me out by Monday.” Youngjae commented before thanking Mark who had just return back from the kitchen with a glass of juice for him.

“Monday? That’s quick, do you have any place to stay at while looking for a new apartment?” Mark questioned, worried about the younger who seems pretty frustrated with his situation at this point.

“I don’t. The only reason I rented that old apartment was because it was cheap and the nearest distance to work. I can’t find a new place that within my budget that quick. Can you help me, hyungs?” Youngjae replied, sipping his juice before looking at Mark and Jackson with his puppy eyes that cause the youngest out of them four to chuckled, finding Youngjae cute.

“If you don’t mind, I’m looking for a housemate. We can divide the rent into halves.” Yugyeom offered, remembering about how he is moving into his new apartment on Monday, itself too.

“Really?” Youngjae exclaimed, eyes glimmer with hope at the thought of a new place while Yugyeom nodded in response.

“I can bring Youngjae hyung in, right Marky?” Yugyeom questioned, turning to seek Mark’s approval with certainly got the desk neighbours attention too.

“Why do he needs Mark’s approval for something like that?” The best friends thoughted in sync, wondering why didn’t Yugyeom move in here instead of renting one since it’s Mark’s apartment after all.

“Of course.” Mark approved, giving his excited giant baby a thumbs up before turning to look at the best friends who were staring at them weirdly.

“Mandu, you want to help me cook dinner?” Mark asked after dismissing the weird pair and checking the clock on the wall, showing it is gonna be dinner time soon.

He needs some time together with Jackson, just to check on him especially after literally spending the last three hours in the room alone until Youngjae’s arrival just now.

Jackson just nodded, liking the idea of spending time with his Dimsum more that he expected.

With that being agreed on, the two oldest out of the four end up in the kitchen while the two younger ones end up playing games on Mark’s Xbox in the living room.

The pair of best friends start working on the ingredients quietly, Mark making the pizza dough for their homemade pizzas while Jackson was busy cutting the different toppings.

While cutting, Jackson couldn’t help but to think about why Yugyeom picked to rent an apartment instead of just moving in with Mark, just like how it was for him and Jinyoung before.
After some deep thinking in his super creative mind, he somehow got the answer to his own question and it instantly makes him feel bad, who was he to deprive Mark off his own happiness to be living with his boyfriend.

“Yi En..” Jackson called out, seriousness clear in his tone which instantly caught Mark’s attention.

Mark hummed in replied, clearly listening even though his eyes are busy on the dough his kneading.

“I think it’s about time I move out, you deserved your own personal space back.” Jackson continued, eyes focusing on the sausage his cutting, to scared to witness the older’s reaction.

Mark’s hand immediately stopped kneading, trying to process what the younger had just said to him before finally turning to look at Jackson whose beside him once he absorbed everything in.

“What are you saying, Ka Yee?” Mark asked, totally lost at what cause the younger to be acting like this.

“I mean I been here long enough, you had helped me so much too. I can’t be clinging on to you forever, I need to learn how to be independent too.” Jackson replied, slowly looking up at Mark but immediately regretted it after seeing the older’s lost eyes.

Mark hates that idea, it didn’t even cross his mind to have this apartment back to himself because he had gotten used to the fact that this apartment belongs to them now, not him alone.

“Ka Yee, this apartment is not only mine but ours. Where are you going to stay if not in your own apartment? You are upsetting me, now.” Mark exclaimed, eyes on the younger who had returned to cutting but obviously listening to him.

Jackson was shocked to hear that statement at the least, he never thought Mark would be thinking about it that way.

“You know I treasured you a lot, Ka Yee even though I don’t express it often. You are like my soulmate, I would be incomplete without you around.” Mark poured out his feelings, something that he rarely does but right now he just wants Jackson to know that whatever he is thinking right now won’t separate them no matter what.

Jackson instantly looked up upon hearing those heartfelt words, something he never dream of hearing from Mark.

Too touched by the situation, Jackson didn’t realize he was still cutting and end up with a cut on his finger causing Mark to quickly run to him before shouting over at Yugyeom to grab the first aid kit from the bathroom cabinet.

“Be careful next time, silly.” Mark scolded lightly as he was cleaning the deep cut while Jackson only grinned sheepishly, embarrassed that he got himself hurt over cutting sausages.

Yugyeom and Youngjae who was witnessing everything from the side, only exchange a knowing glance with each other while both mind thinking the same thing, they are in love with each other.

When Mark deemed Jackson not suited for the cutting job due to his ‘injury’ that the older couldn’t stop fussing over, Yugyeom had offered to step in and help out.

Meanwhile Jackson could only sulk over at the counter with an amused Youngjae beside him, his eyes were dead on the ‘couple’ whose working in sync since Yugyeom, himself is skillful in the kitchen thanks to Mark’s teaching all these years.

Jackson couldn’t denied at how wowed he was by the younger mad cutting skill, how everything come out perfectly sized, something he couldn’t achieve even if he spend hours cutting.

Like as if his cutting skill wasn’t enough, Yugyeom could make the pizzas like as if he was making them for years popping two large sizes ones in the oven within minutes, which didn’t help Jackson much in his self esteem department because Kim Yugyeom is simply perfection.

Youngjae who noticed at how depressed looking Jackson got after watching Yugyeom could only pat him on the back, trying to comfort him.

“Jae, please take me away from this perfect beings. I can’t handle them.” Jackson sobbed dramatically which earned him a smack on the back of his head from Mark causing the younger ones to burst out laughing.

“Stop being so dramatic, go and set up the table.” Mark scolded jokingly, glaring at the pouting puppy before he passed a stack of plates and cutleries over.

Jackson stuck his tongue out at Mark before escaping with Youngjae to the dining table while Mark just smiled, shaking his head at Jackson’s antics.

“I could get use to this, hyung. You both are just so fun to be around.” Yugyeom commented from behind him with a big smile, causing Mark to turned and ruffled his hair.

“Don’t say I didn’t warned you, you might regret saying that. His voice will haunt you even in your sleep.” Mark teased the younger causing Yugyeom to smile, knowing that he will never get tired of everything.

In less than an hour, the pizzas are finally done including the baked rice that Mark prepared just incase the pizzas alone ain’t enough to fill up four hungry tummies.

They chatted randomly throughout dinner before heading to the couch, to chill out for the night while watching a music program that the desk neighbours enjoy very much.

“Mandu..” Mark whispered over to the other beside him, signalling over to Youngjae whose fast asleep beside Jackson.

Jackson could only smile, seeing how his best friend tired out from today’s event.

“Why don’t you go ahead and bring him inside to your room? We will clean up the mess.” Mark suggested, earning a nod from Jackson who immediately got up and carried the asleep younger bridal style to his room.

He laid Youngjae carefully on his bed, making sure he was in a comfortable position before covering a blanket over him.

Once done, Jackson exited out of his room quietly before looking around to see if the pair needed his help to clean up but his eyes end up capturing a scene that makes his heart unconsciously throbbed in pain.

He could clearly see the love in their eyes as they played around, blowing foam at each other in the midst of washing the plates with laughter and special nicknames being their background sound.

A scene that he only witnessed in those romantic korean dramas that Ma enjoys very much.

Pushing away those stabbing feeling, he retreated back into his room, taking a seat on the floor with his back rested by the bed before turning on his mp3 and putting on his earphone, shutting himself off to the surrounding while listening to the tracks that he hope will make him feel better.

“Seriously? Now I’m all wet…” Mark complained while Yugyeom only chuckled in amusement, fully enjoyed their foam battle earlier.

“You are lucky, I love you if not.” Mark exclaimed, pinching Yugyeom’s cheeks with cause the younger to do a big heart shape over his head.

Mark smiled at Yugyeom’s random but adorable antics, making their way out of the kitchen but the sudden sound of thunder caused Yugyeom to immediately jump in panic as he clinged on to Mark.

“Calm down, Yugie. It’s gonna be alright. Follow me.” Mark whispered over to the younger whose visibly shaking before leading him straight to his room.

He immediately tucked the younger under the blanket before joining Yugyeom on the bed, cuddling the other close to him while whispering that everything is fine over and over again, hands tangled with each other.

Luckily, Yugyeom didn’t take long to calm down as the thunder only strike once more before rain poured down like crazy, making the night even more chilly.

Seeing how Yugyeom had finally seems less panicky, Mark stopped his whispers but didn’t let go of the younger hand.

“Thank you, hyung for always being by my side.” Yugyeom thanked him who in returned just smile, patting the younger’s head.

Meanwhile back in Jackson’s room, he could feel the air around him slowly getting chilly which caused him to plug off his earphone, making the sound of raindrops more distinctive now.

“What a weather!” Jackson commented, sighing at the cold and gloomy weather.

Suddenly his phone on the bedstand rang, signalling a call that he quickly reached out to pick up.

“Yes, Ma.” Jackson greeted after seeing his Ma’s number flashing on the screen as he picked up the call.

“Ka Yee, is everything ok? I tried calling Yi En from earlier but couldn’t get through.” Mrs Tuan asked, worried clear in her voice as she questioned about her oldest son.

“Maybe his phone died, Ma. Do you need him for something urgent?” Jackson reasoned even though he wasn’t sure of the reason himself before getting ready to get up and look for Mark if needed.

“Not exactly, I just wanna inform both of you that Pa want you guys back at the mansion tomorrow. He got something to announced and discussed about.” Ma informed, feeling relief that nothing happened to Mark at least.

“Sure, I will inform Ge, Ma.” Jackson said before the call ended with a ‘see you tomorrow’ from Mrs Tuan.

Jackson headed out, looking around for Mark but there is no sign of him in either the kitchen or the living room so he headed straight for the room beside him instead.

Seeing that the older’s door was left ajar, he took a peek but instantly regretted it especially after seeing how Mark staring lovingly at the asleep Yugyeom, fingers entwined with each other.

Slapping his face a few times, Jackson tried to focus on his purpose looking for Mark before knocking gently on the door which instantly gained Mark’s attention.

Mark smiled upon seeing his Mandu’s face peeking in at the door, signalling for him to wait as he carefully slipped out of his bed before exiting the room, closing the door behind him.

“Do you need anything, Mandu?” Mark questioned when Jackson didn’t say anything but just stared at him before taking a seat at the couch.

Jackson pulled himself out of his jumbled up thoughts before taking a seat beside the older, informing Mark about the call he gotten from Ma.

“Shoot, I forgot to charge it earlier after Yugie played with it.” Mark exclaimed upon hearing about the calls not coming through, forgetting that he let Yugyeom played games on his phone until the battery drained out earlier.

Hearing ‘Yugie’ again, just makes Jackson’s heart hurts again and he didn’t know why.

“Yugyeom, he seems to be someone special to you.” Jackson remarked suddenly breaking the silence pause between them.

“He is.” Mark replied, smiling to younger beside him without realizing that two simple words just break Jackson’s heart a little bit more inside.

Jackson didn’t reply, he couldn’t find the right response to Mark admitting that Yugyeom is indeed his special someone.

“You know, he told me earlier that he like you.” Mark exclaimed excitedly, turning to face Jackson who seem taken aback by his words.

“He did?” Jackson wondered in disbelief since he wasn’t really that welcoming and friendly towards Yugyeom, even Youngjae who had just arrived a few hours ago was already closer than he was to the friendly younger.

“He told me that you are fun to be around. You must be different, I guess.” Mark replied, feeling glad that Yugyeom opened up to Jackson faster than he expected.

“Different? What do you mean?” Jackson questioned, not understanding what the older meant or whether it is a good or a bad thing.

“Actually, Yugyeom...he have a hard time trusting people around him due to his past. It is pretty rare of him to like someone that easily, you must be different in his eyes compared to others.” Mark explained, causing Jackson to nod slowly while trying to process that someone has bubbly and cheerful as Yugyeom is dealing with that kind of problem.

“At the age of five, he was abandoned by his mother at a bus stop during a stormy night. His mother had promised him that she will returned back with an umbrella, all he need to do was waited for her but she never come back, gone without a trace. He spend the whole night, crying while curled up into a ball with the thunder striking over his head.

 He were only found by a passer by the next morning, the police tried tracking down his parents but it was a failed so he ended up being sent over to an orphanage.” Mark shared, thinking that if Jackson knows more about Yugyeom, he will definitely warmed up to the giant like he did years back.

Jackson is genuinely blown away by the fact that Yugyeom’s mom had the heart to abandoned such a sweetheart at such a young age. 

Yugyeom definitely didn’t deserve that, he is really amazed at the fact that the younger actually grows up to be such a fine young man, almost close to perfection.

“Due to that night, he developed a fear of thunder and he has issue accepting and trusting people around him, that is why I said you were probably different.” Mark added, feeling glad that Jackson seems more relaxed now since he has been quite off the whole day.

Jackson feels really bad now, he should had treated the younger better but instead he always avoids or get awkward around him.

Mark smiled seeing how Yugyeom’s story got Jackson into a thinking mode, he moved closer to the younger before linking their arms together and resting his head on Jackson’s shoulder.

“Dimsum?” Jackson questioned, didn’t expect this kind of skinship especially not with Yugyeom in Mark’s room, sleeping.

“It is getting super chilly, share with me your warmness.” Mark replied, snuggling closer until there is no gap in between them, closing his eyes shut to enjoy the heat from Jackson.

Jackson could only beamed like an idiot, more than happy to be snuggled up on the couch with his Dimsum before resting his own head on top of Mark’s.


*************************************


“Wow, this look so good, Yugie.” Mark commented in amazement, seeing how there is four plates of piping hot omelet rice on the dining table, readied to be eaten.

Jackson and Youngjae whose busy chatting on the couch came running upon hearing those words, completely wowed by the mouth watering sight.

“Thank you, hyung. Take a seat everyone, enjoy.” Yugyeom thanked shyly, reappearing from the kitchen with a pitcher full of orange juice and four glasses.

The trio didn’t need to be told twice by the youngest as they quickly settled down with Mark and Jackson on the right side while Youngjae joined Yugyeom on the left side.

“This is so delicious, Yugyeom. ” Jackson exclaimed, praising the younger which surprised the other three but they end up smiling at seeing how Jackson seems more relaxed around Yugyeom this morning.

“It’s almost like Mark’s cooking but only better.” Jackson added, teasing the older while grinning at the younger ones which earned him a pinch on his left arm from the annoyed older.

“OUCH! That hurts, Dimsum.” Jackson whined, rubbing the spot while pouting at Mark whose now ignoring his every existence.

“Next time, cook for yourself.  I’m gonna have Yugie cook for me, everyday.” Mark exclaimed, shooting hearts to Yugyeom whose giggling while shooting hearts back.

“Of course, Marky. Any time for you.” Yugyeom commented while laughing at Jackson’s pout while eyes busy shooting puppy eyes to Mark.

“Dimsum, I’m sorry, please don’t starve me.” Jackson apologized, pulling on Mark’s shirt like a kid who just made his mother mad about something.

Mark tries to hold back but couldn’t, Jackson just look too cute for his own good like usual and he has a big weakness to cute thing especially to a certain puppy.

The older end up pinching Jackson’s cheeks hard as a revenge before smiling at the complaining younger.

“Since we are going back to the mansion later, do you wanna come along Yugie? I can finally introduce you to Pa and Ma.” Mark exclaimed, changing the topic as he turned to look at Yugyeom whose expression light up at the offer without realizing that somebody else expression darken at that point too.

“Introduce?” Jackson exclaimed in his mind, the word somehow makes everything between them even more real, especially to the fact that Mark is officially bringing Yugyeom home today.

If Mark is than it’s best if he don’t tagged along since after all, he isn’t even a Tuan so it seems inappropriate for him to be there during the introduction.

“Really, hyung? That will be great.” Yugyeom exclaimed excitedly, couldn’t wait to meet his Mark hyung’s parents since he had always heard about how they are such a loving and fun pair from the older, himself.

“I don’t think I can go, Youngjae needs my help to clear his stuffs.” Jackson said, eyes on the plate which cause him to missed the smile that disappeared from Mark’s face that instant.

“But, didn’t you said that Pa…” Mark tried to reasoned but was cutted off by Jackson who just finish scooping every bit of rice off his plate.

“It’s fine, you can just update me later. Thank you for the food.” Jackson replied, directing the last bit to Yugyeom before getting up from the dining table and headed for the sink with his empty plate.

Mark sighed, telling the duo to carry on eating before he goes after Jackson whose washing his plate right now.

“Ka Yee, what’s wrong with you?” Mark questioned in full mandarin, standing right beside the younger while eyeing his every single move.

Jackson gulped, knowing clearly that he just got Mark Tuan pissed because the older only used their mother tongue if he is extremly pissed or angry.

“I..” Jackson stuttered, not knowing how to answered because truthfully, he didn’t know himself at why is he acting like these since Yugyeom’s appearance.

“You know what, fine. Do whatever you want, I’m leaving with Yugyeom now.” Mark exclaimed in the same language once again before walking off, leaving Jackson behind with his jumbled up feelings.

By the time he returned back to the dining area, Youngjae was alone with Mark or Yugyeom no where in sight.

“They left.” Youngjae sighed, shaking his head at seeing how lost Jackson looked as he took a seat beside him.

“Did you ask him if they are really dating?” Youngjae questioned, turning to look at his best friend seriously, breaking the silence between them.

“Why..” Jackson trailed off, not understanding why the younger asked him that question.

“Isn’t it because of Yugyeom that you acting like this? You are jealous, right?” Youngjae said, knowing exactly why his best friend has been moody since witnessing that scene at the carpark.

“What? NO!” Jackson denied, finding Youngjae’s words ridiculous since there is no reason for him to be jealous of Yugyeom.

“Fine, suit yourself. You can lie to me but not yourself.” Youngjae sighed in defeat, collecting all the used plates and glasses before heading to the kitchen, leaving Jackson to his own thoughts.

Upon returning from his clean up, Youngjae couldn’t stand seeing how zoned out Jackson is so he decided to just dragged the older back to his apartment and help him pack up rather that just moping around like that.

It took about five hours before the pair was finally done with the clearing and packing, Youngjae offered a drink before they both seated themselves on the old couch, sipping the cold soda.

“Jae, let’s go.” Jackson suddenly exclaimed, knowing clearly that he won’t have a peace of mind if he didn’t fix things.

“Huh? Where?” Youngjae questioned, lost at what the older meant since his body is aching right now.

“Home.” Jackson replied before jumping up to his feet and gathering his belonging, he needs to see Mark now.

Youngjae smiled, getting up himself before exiting the apartment with Jackson after packing his stuff since the older did mention that they will be sleeping over.

Meanwhile back in the Tuan’s mansion, the pair arrived just an hour before lunch which gives Mark a lot of time to sit down with his parents and introduce his beloved dongsaeng and secretary.

The Tuan pair instantly took a liking to the giant baby since Yugyeom seems like a perfect mix of their oldest and youngest.

He can be cute and loveable like Ka Yee but also mature and dependable like Yi En.

Right after lunch, Yugyeom has been accompanying Mr Tuan watching action movies while chatting away happily.

Mark had helped Ma with the clean up before he returned to his room after Mrs Tuan had joined the chatting pair on the sofa.

He laid in bed, his thoughts drifted off to Jackson who has been acting so moody and weirdly lately that it has been hard for him to even read his Mandu now.

“Yi En.” A soft familiar voice called out, causing Mark to look up instantly before he was greeted by the sight of his Ma peeking in at the door, smiling.

“Come in, Ma.” Mark invited in, returning the smile before getting up into a seating position while tapping the space beside him.

“Hey, did something happened between you and Ka Yee?” Mrs Tuan questioned after observing how her oldest start zoning out again after she took her seat.

“No, he is really helping a friend out today. Why do you said that?” Mark exclaimed, knowing clearly that their Ma could sense something but he didn’t want to worry her.

“Dear, I’m your Ma. You guys are inseparable, always together since the day he moved in. If he is not here, I’m pretty sure something is not right. Ka Yee wouldn’t miss a visit back home just like that.” Mrs Tuan said after grabbing both of Mark’s hands in her hold, looking at her oldest lovingly.

Mark sighed, knowing clearly that there is no way he could hide anything from his Ma, she knows him and     Jackson too well.

“I don’t know what going on with him, Ma. Ever since I introduced Yugyeom to him, he has been really moody and unpredictable. His mood just went from happy to moody within minutes, I can’t even pick up on what I did wrong.” Mark poured out his troubles to Mrs Tuan who was just smiling after listening to her oldest words, she knows exactly what’s wrong with her youngest.

“Have you ever thought that maybe he is just jealous? He is so used to being  your only special one that when Yugyeom come along, he feels like you will replaced him with Yugyeom. “ Mrs Tuan questioned causing Mark to mentally smack himself, he failed to realize it that morning at how Jackson didn’t say anything about not liking Yugyeom.

“You know Ka Yee grew up being surrounded by your love and affection, your priority has always been him even when you are halfway across the world. The love that you gave to him all these years are unconditionally. It’s given that he feels left out when he sees you spending time with someone who seem rather special to his eyes.” Mrs Tuan added, trying to make her son realize the feelings that within him all these years without saying much.

Mark didn’t realize that Yugyeom’s presence will affect Jackson like that, he was too excited about meeting Yugyeom again and to introduce both of best friends to each other that he forgets to read his Mandu’s expression.

“Thank you, Ma. I will talk to him tomorrow.” Mark thanked, hugging his Ma tightly while Mrs Tuan just her son’s hair lovingly.

The light knocking on Mark’s door caused the mother and son to pulled away from each other before a grinning Yugyeom peeked in cutely causing Mrs Tuan to squeal at his cuteness.

“Yes, Yugie?” Mark questioned after chuckling at his Ma fangirling towards his giant baby.

“Hyung, can you help me cook dinner? Please!” Yugyeom exclaimed, pouting which of course Mark couldn’t refused like usual.

“Let’s go then.” Mark exclaimed before excusing himself from Ma and skipping over to Yugyeom as they disappeared from Mrs Tuan’s sight.

 

A/N: Hi! It seems like everyone got frustrated with Markson especially idiot Wang..LOL. And don't scold poor Yugie, he really didn't mean any harm :) Hope you guys will enjoy this chapter too, don't forget to comment.
BIG THANKS TO tilldeathxo, Kayuki and moonlightlov FOR SUBSCRIBING!<3 
 <3 InfinitelyCassie