Chapter 15

Work To My Heart!

Chapter 15

Mark took a glance at Yugyeom, smiling as he watches how fascinated  the younger is by the new game he was currently playing on his phone.

"Where are we chillin tonight, Yugie?" Mark questioned, eyes back on the road as he drove them to his favourite mall.

"Before dinner, I need your help with something, hyung." Yugyeom replied, looking at the older whose nodding to his words.

"Sure, what kind of help do you need?" Mark questioned again, knowing clearly something is up the moment the younger asked earlier during lunch today if they could hang out tonight, just the two of them.

Of course, Mark didn't had the heart to reject Yugyeom since they actually didn't get much chance to hangout by themselves, without Jackson or Youngjae around so he would love an alone time with his giant baby.

"You will see, later." Yugyeom replied, smiling to himself as Youngjae's plan replayed in his mind.

They soon arrived at the mall, Yugyeom dragging the older straight to a jewellery store which of course confused Mark a little.

"It's Omma's birthday next week, I am planning to get her a ring but I am not good at choosing." Yugyeom explained, earning quick nods from the proud older.

"Aww, my giant is all grown up. Come, let hyung help you." Mark cooed, ruffling Yugyeom's hair before dragging the younger into the store, excitedly.

Meanwhile at the cafe located near their office, Jackson was busy sulking at the fact that Mark left him for a dinner date with Yugyeom tonight, bringing even the car along which cause him and his best friend to be car-less since they carpooled this morning like usual with Mark driving.

"Do you really hate hanging out with me that much, hyung?"Youngjae teased, trying to lighten the atmosphere when he realized Jackson wasn't still over that dinner 'date'.


"What? Of course, not!" Jackson quickly denied, trying to focus his attention back to his best friend seated opposite of him.

"I am kidding, relax. I am sure Gyeom just wanted to spend some time alone with Mark hyung." Youngjae exclaimed, trying to read the older's expression whose slowly becoming heavier with his each word about the two.

"I know, I'm sorry. I should be happy that we get to spent some time alone too, like old times." Jackson apologized, pushing away those heavy feelings and continue focusing on Youngjae instead.

"Exactly, do you have anything to share with me?" Youngjae asked, giving a chance for Jackson to bring up the topic about his feeling or even Mark but sadly, the older just shooked his head before sipping on his iced coffee.

"I got something but promise me, you won't freak out."Youngjae started, laying his trap with a straight face.

"Ok, I promise." Jackson promised, waiting anxiously at what Youngjae was about to share with him.

"I was talking with Gyeom the other day and.." Youngjae purposely paused, just to see Jackson getting impatient with him.

"And?" Jackson urged to continue, feeling a bad vibe heading his way.

"He accidentally revealed that he is planning to propose to Mark hyung, soon." Youngjae finished off, dropping the bomb which caused Jackson's expression to instantly changed from curious to crushed.

At that moment, Jackson feel like his whole world just collapsed for good, there was no way he could rebuild that world again especially without Mark by his side.

The thought of Mark being married to Yugyeom was killing him that he could only pray hard that this was just all a nightmare.

"Hyung." Youngjae called out after seeing how the older immediately zoned out, lost in his own trails of thoughts.

“Jae, you are joking, right?” Jackson suddenly blurt out after a few minutes of silence, begging the younger with his eyes.

“No, it seems like he is serious about settling down with Mark hyung. Are you alright?” Youngjae continued his lie even though feeling bad after seeing how Jackson’s hand was shaking as he gripped on to his cup of iced coffee.

“Jae, let’s head home. I don’t feel too well.’ was the only thing Jackson said before he quickly gathered his belongings and zoomed out of the cafe.

"I’m sorry, hyung but you needed this to realize your feelings for Mark hyung.” Youngjae sighed, feeling worse after seeing Jackson’s state right now but he knows that is the only way to make him realized that Mark aren’t gonna be by his side forever unless he claimed him to be his.

Gathering his own belongings, he quickly rushed after Jackson who's waiting outside by the entrance, pretty much lost in his thoughts.

While over at a fast food joint, Mark and Yugyeom was happily chatting as they enjoyed their respective meal before the younger suddenly got serious, which instantly peak up the older’s curiosity.

“Hyung, is it weird if I have fallen for my own housemate?” Yugyeom questioned awkwardly like as planned even though it’s not a complete lie at least for him.

The giant baby gotta admit to himself that at this point, he is definitely attracted to his own housemate.

“Not really, I see those sparkles in your eyes everytime you look at him.” Mark replied while smiling, definitely expecting a confession from his baby at some point especially after seeing how affectionate Yugyeom got with Youngjae.

“Really? Just like how your eyes looked when you talk or look at Jackson hyung?” Yugyeom replied changing the topic while trying to hide his own blushing cheeks.

“I guess.” Mark admitted shyly, something that Yugyeom definitely didn’t expect but the older knows there was no use in hiding his feelings because the younger just know him too well, always reading him like a book.

“Then, why didn’t you confess your feelings to him?” Yugyeom asked, totally not understanding the situation since it’s obvious to anybody eyes that they are in love with each other.

“I don’t want to risk what we have now, Yugie. What if he doesn’t feel the same way because he only sees me as a best friend or even as a brother? Things will get awkward between us, it won’t be the same anymore. I can’t afford to lose him, he's my everything from the start.” Mark confessed, smiling sadly at the younger before slowly sipping on his drink.

“But hyung, you won’t know unless you try. Don’t you wanna know what you are to him, he could see you more than just a friend.” Yugyeom reasoned which caused Mark to chuckled lightly at his cute attempt to make him feel better.

“I don’t know, Yugie. I will think about it. What about you, did you say anything to Youngjae yet?” Mark sighed before changing the topic back to Yugyeom’s situation.

“Well, the problem is he might have someone else in mind.” Yugyeom exclaimed, going back to the plan which of course gotten Mark’s full attention.

“Who?” Mark questioned, somehow dreading to hear the younger reply.

“Jackson hyung, he confessed to me a few days ago saying that he is planning to confess soon.” Yugyeom dropped his part of the bomb, which instantly cause Mark’s mind to blank up.

Mark would have never guess Youngjae might see Jackson as more than a best friend but then again with a personality like that, who would be able to resist his Mandu.

“What should I do, hyung? What if Jackson hyung accept his confession?” Yugyeom purposely added, making sure that Mark would have no choice but to talk about this with Jackson, like it or not.

“Don’t worry, Yugie. I will try to see if I can get any hints.” Mark assured calmly, trying to push away the fear that is arising at just the mere thought of them, dating.

He hates to admit it but the thought of them as a couple is eating him alive at this very moment.

Yugyeom mentally cheered, knowing that Mark won’t waste his and Youngjae’s effort at making this plan.

********************************************

It’s already been an hour since Jackson got home and he had spent the last hour laying in bed while staring at pictures of him and Mark taken with his phone.

He tried to imagine a life without Mark by his side but it was too hard for him. Honestly, he don’t think he could survive without the older at this point.

“Don’t miss your last chance, hyung or it will be too late.” Youngjae’s last sets of words from earlier before he entered his own apartment keep replaying in his mind.

Those words make him realized that the fact he was scared to lose Mark was because the older meant more to him, more than just a friend.

He is that someone he couldn’t live without, someone that makes him feel loved and protected, someone that can make him smile even without doing anything and most importantly, that someone who had always loves him unconditionally.

Him, Jackson Wang was indeed in love with Mark Tuan.

Maybe deep down he knows that Mark had always have a special place in his heart, he was just too scared to admit it because it might change everything that they had if the older didn’t feel the same.

Jackson couldn’t help but to smile while scrolling through all their pictures, they shared so much precious memories together.

“Ka Yee.” Mark’s low voice was heard while his head peaking in, greeting the smiling Jackson who quickly gotten himself into a seating position, inviting the older in to join him on the bed.

“Welcome back.” Jackson greeted softly as Mark plopped down beside him, mouthing a ‘thank you’.

“How was dinner, fun?” Mark questioned first, breaking the silence between them as he looked at the younger whose fiddling with his phone.

“It was, we chatted for quite a bit. How about you guys? ” Jackson replied before asking with a small smile.

“It was great! It’s been awhile since we got to spent some time, alone. Just the two of us.” Mark replied, not meaning anything but of course those words affected the younger.

Jackson just smile in response, feeling worse as he heard those words.

The silence pause returned, both in their own thought which making the atmosphere around them awkward.

“Mandu, would you see Youngjae as a love interest? You know, someone that you might actually date?” Mark suddenly questioned, trying to get rid of the question that has been bugging since his talk with Yugyeom.

“Maybe, I guess. He seems like a good boyfriend material.” Jackson replied, unsure
 since he was weird out by the sudden question from the older.

“Why did you ask such a weird question, though?” Jackson asked after he gotten a nod from Mark upon his reply.

“It’s nothing. I’m just wondering since you guys seems rather close and compatible.” Mark reasoned, trying to avoid Jackson’s lost eyes.

“Well, I’m heading for the shower.” Mark excused himself before Jackson could question more, leaving Jackson wondering for more but he decided to question tomorrow and get himself some sleep but it was useless, he just can’t seem to fall asleep tonight.

With a heavy sigh, Jackson quickly got up and search for Mark in his room so that they could cuddle to sleep tonight.

Seeing how Mark wasn’t done showering when he entered, he took a seat on the bed while looking around and soon his eyes landed on a red velvet ring box on the bedside stand, beside the older’s phone.

“Hey, you can’t sleep?” Mark’s voice was heard as he appeared out of the shower in his pyjama bottom and plain tee.

Jackson nodded as Mark took a seat beside him before checking his phone for the last time tonight before he sleeps.

“Mark.” Jackson called out, pure seriousness in his voice that surprised the older because he never seen his Mandu this serious before.

Mark hummed in response before Jackson pointed at the ring box, asking him with his eyes.

“Oh, that! Yugyeom actually…” but before Mark could continue, Jackson had to cut in like usual.

“I know, congratulation.” Jackson congratulate with a heavy heart, knowing he was too late the moment he saw that box seating on the stand.

“What? Congratulation?” Mark exclaimed, lost at the situation especially after seeing how Jackson look like a lost and hurt puppy.

“Yugyeom proposed to yo…” a pair of lips shuted Jackson up before he could continue his words, shocking the poor Mandu.

He stare right into Mark’s eyes, feeling that soft lips locking with his while his heart thumping so hard and his cheeks turns red.

“Yi En..w..hat..” Jackson stuttered, trying to function properly after Mark pulled away from him, blushing as well.

“You need to learn how to shut up and listen. I love you, idiot.” Mark confessed, grabbing both of Jackson’s hands in his hold as he stare lovingly at the younger.

“What? How about Yugyeom?” Jackson questioned, lost since he was pretty much convince that they are together.

“What about him? We are best friends.” Mark replied, finding it ridiculous that someone actually assumed that his a pair with that giant baby.

“Wow, I’m an idiot!” Jackson exclaimed in disbelief, feeling like a total idiot this whole time to misunderstand everything.

“Yes, you are but you are my idiot.” Mark chuckled, ruffling his hair before leaning in to kiss Jackson on the forehead, which successfully make the younger blushed again.

“But how did you come to a conclusion that Yugyeom proposed?” Mark wondered out loud after they cuddled up in bed, with his head on Jackson’s arms.

Jackson sighed, couldn’t believe that he was fooled by Youngjae before sharing about the talk with Mark.

“I see. No wonder Yugie was suddenly telling me about Youngjae liking you. It was all part of their plan.” Mark chuckled, finding it cute that the younger ones are playing cupid for them.

Jackson nodded, finally understanding the meaning behind that weird question earlier.

“Are we like officially together, now?” Jackson suddenly wondered out causing Mark to laugh at the randomness.

“Yes, we are Mandu.” Mark replied, giving Jackson a small peck on the lips before entangling their bodies together, no gap in between as they continue to stare at each other face and drifted off to dreamland.


********************************************

Jackson was awaken to the sound of the shower, he slowly opened his eyes to be greeted by the bright sunlight and an empty space beside him.

Knowing that his love is probably in the shower, Jackson slowly got up and rested his back on the headboard, still in a half awake condition.

“Good morning, Mandu.” Mark’s husky morning voice was heard as he stepped out of the shower in a bathrobe and a semi dry hair.

He quickly approached the half awaken puppy, giving him a morning kiss which instantly got Jackson fully awake before he pulled the older to seat on top of his lap, resting his chin on the smiling Dimsum’s shoulder.

“Morning to you too, how are you feeling today?” Jackson greeted back, worried about the older after their passionate and intimate night, last night.

“I’m fine, don’t worry. You should properly shower first while I call room services.” Mark replied, resting his head on Jackson’s.

“Yes, boss.” Jackson saluted playfully, pecking Mark’s soft cheeks for the last time before zooming off to the shower.

Mark chuckled, laughing at the younger before picking up the phone to order their breakfast.

It’s gonna be their second anniversary today since they officially got together so they decided for a short trip away over at Jackson’s resort.

They had derived in yesterday evening after work and planned to stay for the whole weekend here, just the two of them.

Not long after their breakfast arrived, it was served nicely on two trays that Mark had it readied on a small dining table at the balcony.

When Jackson got out of the shower, he was greeted by the wonderful sight of his glorious Mandu seated in the balcony with a casual wear.

tumblr_inline_nhoephGPio1r6urtx.gif

He smiles, putting on a casual look himself before joining the older at the balcony, settling himself opposite of the other as they enjoy breakfast.

BtI7LjqCEAAVoXf.jpg:large

Mark taking good care of his messy puppy per usual, wiping the stains off in between eating.

After their hearty breakfast, they decided to cuddle in bed while whispering sweet nothings in each other ears as they watched random shows.

It was after their lunch that they decided to head out, enjoying themselves by the beach.

“Mandu.” Mark called out, gaining the younger’s attention whose busy enjoying the view as they walked by the beach, hand in hand.

Jackson hummed, turning to look at Mark and was surprise to see a small gift box in the older’s hold.

“Happy 2nd anniversary!” Mark wished before giving the box to Jackson who gratefully accepted it and open it.

“Dimsum, thank you.” Jackson thanked excitedly after seeing the couple bracelet that he had always wanted but the design was quite rare to find in Korea.

“You are welcome.” Mark smiled, glad to see that he got his puppy excited over his gift that he is currently putting on him and himself.

“They looked awesome.” Jackson commented after putting their wrists side by side, admiring their new couple item.

Mark waited for his turn, wondering what his gift this year but instead Jackson was busy trying to snap a picture of it to show off to the younger couple who’s probably on a movie date right now, something that they always do on a Saturday.

Youngjae and Yugyeom had started dating a few months after them with Yugyeom asking the older out just like how Mark expected.

Even though they bicker a lot due to their opposite personality,they fit each other perfectly like a puzzle.

It’s weird but true.

Now back to his current situation, Mark is starting to get upset when he realized that Jackson might have forgotten his gift.

Seeing how the younger had no longer interest in him, Mark walk off leaving the confused younger to chased after him when he finally realized that he was gone. 

“Dimsum.” Jackson called out, taking a seat on their bed beside the now sulking Mark who wasn’t interested to entertain his puppy.

Jackson sighed, knowing clearly that he already upset the older so he decided to pull something out of his jean’s pocket.

“Tuan Yi En.” Jackson called out seriously which cause the sulking Mark to turn and look at him with questioning eyes.

“Will you marry me?” Jackson popped the important questioned before holding the open ring box in front of the shocked Mark.

“Will you marry this idiot?” Jackson questioned again which cause Mark to chuckled this time round before he nodded.

“Yes, I will, Idiot.” Mark answered which caused Jackson to grinned before he slipped the ring on to Mark.

“Let’s be idiots together, forever.” Jackson exclaimed before they hugged tight and shared a sweet kiss.

“Come, let’s take a selca to show off.” Mark exclaimed jokingly after they pull away before resting their foreheads against each other as they gazed each other lovingly.

A/N: Hi! I'm back with the last chapter that I just got done writing. Didn't want to make you guys wait any longer so enjoy. Hope you all had fun reading my 1st Markson, it's finally the end and I had fun writing it. Thank you so much everyone, thank you :)
BIG THANKS TO netxcent FOR SUBSCRIBING!<3 
 <3 InfinitelyCassie