Chapter 6

Work To My Heart!

Chapter 6

"Did you just called me, baby?" Jackson questioned in awe, he has been around the older for as long as he could remember but he never hear that term of endearment out of Mark's mouth before.

"Aren't you one?" Mark replied, rolling his eyes at Jackson's face of amusement before walking away to grab some spoons from the kitchen for their ice-cream.

"Hey, I'm not a baby." Jackson complained, trailing after the older while pouting away.

Mark ignore the puppy that's sulking behind him, plopping himself on the couch before opening the big tub of ice cream.

"Mine!" Jackson shouted in excitement, running towards the older before snatching and hugging the tub with pure love.

"Yes, very adult like of you." Mark mused, passing the younger a spoon before he start digging in with pure happiness.

Seeing how Jackson enjoying the treat, he smile in relief before getting up and opening their favourite tracks on, loudly to enjoy while munching the snacks that he gotten earlier.

"This is heaven." Jackson commented happily, enjoying the background music with his ice-cream while stealing a few chips in between from Mark.

It might seems weird if others sees the situation now but that just how it has been for these best friends, music and snacks are the things that free them from everything including stress.

Hours passed by as the boys chilled while listening to old tracks that bring back the memories they share growing up, their trouble making days.

"Who would have thought you came back?" Jackson suddenly exclaimed, resting after finishing his tub of ice-cream, head on Mark's lap.

"Why? You don't think I would?" Mark questioned back, wondering why the younger said that.

"Well, you had a good life back there. Being the youngest professor around, what more can you ask for? 
Basically, you are living your dream there, I don't see any reason for you give up on it and come back." Jackson explained, earning an understanding nod from the other.

"If you put it like that, it's kinda of true but still my family is here including you. It just make more sense that I return back home to be with my loved ones." Mark exclaimed, fingers unconsciously playing with Jackson's hair.

"For that, I'm thankful, Ge. I don't know what would happen if you weren’t here." Jackson thanked, smiling softly to the older that he had always admire and respect so much.

Mark return the smile, patting Jackson's head lovingly, at times like these he was glad Jackson was apart of his life.

The warm and touching moment was disturb by the door bell ringing, which cause Jackson to immediately jolt up and pause the track that is playing while Mark headed for the door with full of curiosity.

The older wasn't expecting to see an annoyed Jinyoung when he opened the door, wondering why Jackson's ex is here at this timing.

Wherelse Jinyoung who was ready to shout at them for disturbing his rest, couldn't speak a single word when he was greeted by the english speaking stranger instead of his ex.

Sensing that Jinyoung kinda of struggling to converse with him, Mark turn around before calling out 'baby' for his Mandu again.

"Baby? Again?" Jackson muttered to himself, looking at Mark weirdly but then he realize the situation, it must be that so called human being at their door right now.

Jackson head towards the older, not even bothering to put on a new t-shirt since he got the one he was wearing earlier, ice-cream all over which very much explains why he is topless right now.

"Yes, what do you want?" Jackson questioned, popping his head over Mark's shoulder, hands unconsciously back hugging the older to protect his body from the night breeze.

The new chief wasn't expecting the sight at all, it wasn't something he had imagine especially a topless Jackson shamelessly hugging that hot stranger in front of him.

"If you aren't going to say anything, than bye." Jackson adds, seeing there is still no reaction from Jinyoung, Mark decides to close the door.

"Wait!" Jinyoung shouted out which makes Mark pause his action as they watch the flustered chief trying to talk.

The older who realize that he had Jackson's arms around him finally understood the other reaction, their suggestive sight was just too much for poor Jinyoung's brain.

"Good job, baby." He turned and whisper to the younger in english which earn a clueless look from Jackson who sincerely needed the body heat from him.

 Jackson didn't know that he is messing up his ex's brain pretty badly but unfortunately Mark knows and he plans to enjoy it.

Jinyoung look at their interaction, that whispering wasn't needed in his point of view since it's in english, he wouldn't understand anyway.

"Can you please keep the noise down? It's almost midnight, you are disturbing my rest." Jinyoung timidly requested, all the anger and annoyance in him gone thanks to the intimidating show off who's still busy staring at his ex's face while ignoring his words again.

Jackson somehow do feel sorry since they were at fault for having the tracks open quite loud compare to the time right now.

He was about to say sorry but then those words from before replayed in his head, he just remembered how the other practically insult him without a care.

"If you got a problem, sleep somewhere else. Don't disturb our time together." Jackson replied, smirking before literally pulling Mark in and slamming the door on the speechless younger face.

"Our time together?" Mark teased, which earned him a flushed Jackson who somehow got how wrong that sounded.

"I meant my ice-cream and me." Jackson exclaimed before running straight to the kitchen, knowing that Mark probably bought an extra tub just in case they run out.

"Hey, that's mine." Mark grumbled, going after Jackson before he opens up his tub of cookies and cream ice-cream.

Of course, thanks to his quick speed and reflex Mark manage to catch up with the younger before he even manage to lay his hand on the tub.

"Let me go! I need more!" Jackson whined like a five year old while being dragged by the nagging Mark into his bedroom.

"Now, go and shower." Mark ordered, pushing the pouting Jackson into the bathroom before closing the door on him.

The older couldn't help but to chuckle at how his Mandu grumbling over how evil he can be while showering.

Knowing that he still has a mess that needs clearing up in the living room, Mark head out and start gathering all the empty packets and bottles including the big tub.

The older make sure to wipe all the ice-cream stains left on his couch, courtesy of the messy grumbling puppy.

Meanwhile, Jackson is finally done with his grumbling session in the shower before realizing he didn't have any change of clothes with him.

He quickly grab the towel, wrap it around his waist before sneaking out to the bedroom next door which has his luggage in it like a ninja, making sure Mark was still busy scrubbing his mess along the way.

It took quite a bit but the older was finally done, he stretches his sore arms before heading for his bedroom but stop half way when he realize the door of the room beside his was slightly ajar.

Mark peeks in, didn't expect to see his Mandu seated in front of a messy luggage with a ring in his hand, totally spacing out.

The ring, it was similar to the one the younger still had on his left hand ring finger.

Seeing from how tears drip out slowly on Jackson's cheeks, Mark knows that ring could only mean it's Jinyoung's.

It really break his heart to see Jackson trying to mask all his pain because the younger knows that he will worried their parents and Mark if he continue being depressed over the break up.

Of course Mark knows it isn't easy getting over Jinyoung even if the guy is a total jerk, still it was the same person Jackson loves for four years.

The only thing he could do is to look out and protect Jackson from now on, not letting another jerk to enter his life again.

Deciding that Jackson might not want him to witness the tears, he head to his room for a shower.

By the time Mark was done with the much needed shower, he was surprise to see Jackson already fast asleep hugging his bolster on the right side of the bed.

Smiling, the older pull the blanket over his big baby before slipping in on the left side, snuggling closer to Jackson and it didn't take long for Mark to drift off to dreamland.

Hours pass by before the sun rise, signalling it’s already morning but the boys was still in dreamland, unaware of the oldest phone that has been ringing for the past few minutes.

It’s only during the fifth ring that Mark starts stirring up and notice the familiar ringtone which cause him to jolt up before reaching out for the phone on top of the bedside drawer.

“Hello.” Mark answered, picking up the call without even checking the name flashing on his screen since his eyes was still practically half close.

“Good morning, Yi En.” Mr Tuan greets, shaking his head when he heard his oldest hoarse voice, which only means that he just woke up.

“Morning, Pa.” Mark greeted back, his eyes immediately snap open upon hearing his father’s voice.

“You slept late last night?” Mr Tuan questioned, wondering why Mark sound tired out even before his first day at work.

“Yes, Pa. We stayed up, catching up with each other.” Mark half lie, not wanting to worry their parents especially when his Pa is still in a recuperating state.

“I see. Well, you got only forty minutes to spare or you will be late.” Mr Tuan nods, knowing the boys needs the time to catch up with each other.

“Thank you, Pa for the wake up call.” Mark thanked, feeling grateful that he didn’t mess up his first day as he look at the clock on the wall.

“Don’t forget to wake Ka Yee up too, his snoring really gave him away.” Mr Tuan reminds, chuckling at the faint snoring sound he could hear coming clearly from the other side.

“Sure, Pa.” Mark answered, smiling at the mess beside him who still snoring away without a care.

Once the call ends, Mark immediately turns and start shaking his puppy up but Jackson still didn’t budge, dead asleep.

Sighing, Mark decide it’s better to get himself ready first and leave the process of waking up Jackson Wang to the power of breakfast.

It only took Mark twenty minutes to get ready for the day before he start working on breakfast, making sure the smells make it’s way into his bedroom.

Just like he predicted, in less than five minutes, a half awake Jackson walk out of his room before heading straight for the kitchen.

“You go and get ready. You got only fifteen minutes to spare.” Mark informed, pushing the zombify younger towards the bathroom.

“But breakfast?” Jackson questioned, sad at the thought of missing out on the delicious breakfast.

“Don’t worry, just get ready.” Mark assured which earn a nod before Jackson disappear into the bathroom.

By the time Jackson was ready, he already start panicking that he only got less than ten minutes to get to the office.

The boys stumble out of the apartment, in a hurry before running to the lift, unaware that somebody was just as late as them.

While waiting, a panting Jinyoung appears beside them looking like a total mess which cause the boys to glance at each other meaningfully.

“What are you looking at?” Jinyoung questioned, feeling out of place after seeing how good the couple dress up while he look like he just survive a storm.

Jinyoung could only blame it on the couple for making him lose sleep last night which resulted in him waking up ten minutes ago, obviously late for work.

Jackson just ignore the question, staring at the lift while Mark busy himself to grab a packet of chocolate milk from the paper bag he is carrying their breakfast in.

The moment the lift arrive, Jinyoung rush in before the boys follow suit, making sure to leave a space in between them.

Mark passes the chocolate milk to his big baby which instantly earned a big grin from Jackson who's starving at the moment.

“Be careful, don’t spill any on your shirt.” Mark reminds in full english just to mess with Jinyoung again, not wanting the ice-cream incident from last night to repeat again.

“Yes, sir.” Jackson replied excitedly, enjoy sipping on his all time favourite drink which cause the older to chuckle at his cuteness, it reminds him of the kid Jackson who always fight with him over chocolate milk.

Jinyoung look at couple in total envy, especially seeing Jackson in that cute mode which he never actually witnessed during their relationship, it always Jackson who babied and pampered him so he didn’t see this side of his ex before.

While busy watching the couple, his stomach starts to growl which embarrassed him even more when the couple look his way with a questioning look.   

Jackson feels weird, seeing how the usually clean cut Jinyoung looking like that and the growling just makes him more pitiful.

Wherelse Jinyoung feels like hiding in a hole but luckily the lift save him, the moment it snap open he walks out in a hurry, leaving the couple behind.

“Let’s go, we are running late.” Mark urged before they practically dash towards the older car and race against time to the office.

Jackson feels like dancing when he found out that Mark already pack their breakfast sandwiches so that he could eat them in the car.

By the time they arrived at the company carpark, Jackson was already full and pump up for the day.

“Go on.” Mark exclaimed which cause the younger to quickly alight after practically shouting out ‘thank you’ and ‘I love you, genius’ to the smiling older.

Mark waited for a few minutes more just to make sure he won’t bump into Jackson before alighting himself and heads for his own office, located at the thirteenth floor.

The moment he step out of the lift, Mark was greeted by Jia who's waiting for him by her desk.

“Good morning, President.” Jia greets, bowing in respect at her new boss whom which she gonna be assisting for quite a bit before the new secretary arrive.

“Good morning, Jia.” Mark greets back charmingly, giving the secretary a small smile which almost cause her to swoon but she holds back.

“Do you need your morning coffee, sir?” Jia asked professionally, just like how she did with Jaebum every morning.

“No, thanks, I already had mine. But instead, can you please gather all the files for the past six months and sent it over to my office?” Mark requested, earning a quick nod from Jia.

“Good morning, President.” A voice greets from the back, causing Mark to instantly turn before being greeted by his vice president whose scanning him with his eyes.

Good morning, Jaebum shii.” Mark greets back formally, switching on his icy aura that most people don’t like to be near.

“Do you plan on dressing up like this everyday to the office, Mark shii?” Jaebum questioned, the tiny hint of amusement was clear in his voice even if the question seems to be ‘normal’.

Jia definitely didn’t see anything wrong with the new president dressing, he was wearing a red and black checkered button up shirt under a black sweater with a pair of jeans.

It wasn’t the usual boring formal dressing code with the suit and whatnot, instead it was something fashionable but proper.

Mark just smirked at the question, totally seeing the pure dissatisfaction his vice president had towards him.

“I’m sure my dressing isn’t one of the thing that you should be worry about right now. How about focusing on the contract signing today, instead.” Mark replied with a poker face before heading straight for his office, leaving behind a fuming Jaebum and an amused Jia.

The vice president glares at the other before heading for his own office, slamming his door shut on his annoying secretary.

*************************************

Jackson swears that he literally blame Mark’s bed for being so evilly comfortable, making him sleep like a baby the whole night.

He sighed in relief the moment he step into the office, noticing that he was just ten minutes late when he glanced over at the clock hanging on the wall above him.

“He’s here.” A female voice exclaimed, which cause Jackson to turn and look at the group of three ladies gathered and whispering among themselves while giving him looks every now and then.

Jackson wonders how did he suddenly became the ladies topic of interest, ignoring the group he decided to just head for his desk.

“Good morning, hyung.” Youngjae greets, appearing from the pantry direction with a tumbler of morning coffee.

“Morning, is he here yet?” Jackson questioned, scanning his eyes around incase their new chief  might had spotted him being late earlier.

“He isn’t here yet which is rare.” Youngjae answered, standing by Jackson’s desk while sipping his coffee in full bliss.

Jackson nods in relief, grateful that their ‘activity’ last night cause Jinyoung to overslept or the younger might just use today’s tardiness as a reason to cause more problem for him with the vice president.

“I told you, there’s no way...”
“Can’t you see how unattractive he is…”
“But what about the rumor…”
“There’s no way he would bring someone...isn’t he a goody two shoes?”

He wonders who were they talking about this time, can’t these ladies take a break for a day or something.

“Ignore them, you know how the lack of ‘hot’ guys in this department makes them, nuts.” Youngjae exclaimed which cause the other to raise his brows, not understanding what the younger meant.

“You didn’t heard about the rumour yet?” Youngjae questioned, earning a nod from Jackson who somehow got the feeling that it wasn’t something pleasant.

“There is a rumor going around about you bringing a guy in here last night, after office hours.” Youngjae explained which immediately cause Jackson’s heart to drop.

“Did someone saw us?” Jackson questioned in his head while trying to maintain a neutral expression, wondering why didn’t they saw anybody last night if someone was really here.

It’s not like what they did were anything wrong since Mark’s father practically owns this building but still he prefers that his relation to the Tuan is kept a secret, that way he will be more comfortable to be around other people without them judging or expecting anything from him.

“Don’t worry, it’s properly just someone having fun, you know spreading rumors for entertainment purposes.” Youngjae reassured after seeing the older in deep thoughts.

Jackson just nodded, feeling thankful that the younger didn’t press on and question if the rumor were true or he will have a hard time trying to explain how a stranger managed to pass through their tight security here.

“He’s here, better head back.” Youngjae signaled, eyes on their chief who just step out of the lift, looking like as if he run all the way here.

The older look towards the same direction, greeted by the sight of Park Jinyoung who looked like a total wreck stepping into the office, surprising the other staffs as well at  the shocking image of Mr Perfect.

Jinyoung who pretty much realize by now that he is gaining so much unwanted attention feel like as if he could die of embarrassment.

The young chief tries his best to maintain a poker face, heading straight to his desk without making any eye contact with his murmuring staffs.

Jackson wonders did the younger feel the same thing he did for the last few days, being the talk of the ‘town’.

He knows it is stupid to feel bad for Jinyoung but seeing the other look so mess up like that, just break his heart.

“Jinnie, what should I do with all these feeling?” Jackson questioned in his heart, really hating himself for still caring about a jerk’s feeling.

Sighing, Jackson decided to push all the thoughts on the younger away, trying his best to concentrate on his work without worrying about his ex.

 

*************************************

 

“Yes, thank you. Just send all the information to my mail, I will check through it.” Mark thanked, putting down his phone with a satisfied smile spread on his face.

The knocking on his door caught the new president’s attention, causing him to call out, ‘come in’.

The door opened up and comes in Jia with a huge pile of folders that cause Mark to get up and help her with it, putting the mess on his desk.

“Sir, these are all the folders that you requested earlier.” Jia informed once she make sure that she already close the door behind her.

“Yes, thank you. I will go through them today.” Mark thanked, settling back into his seat before signalling for the secretary to take a seat opposite of him.

Jia quickly took a  seat, wondering what the other had to say especially after seeing the serious expression on his handsome face.

“Jia, how long had you been Jaebum’s secretary?” Mark questioned, eyes fully focus on the figure in front of him.

“Six months, sir. I used to be Chairman Tuan’s secretary but after he stepped down from the president post, he asked me to help the vice president out instead.” Jia explained, earning a short understanding nod from the young Tuan.

“If she used to be Pa’s secretary, that means she can be trusted.” Mark exclaimed in his head, thinking it’s best to have someone watching the vice president for him, there’s just something off about the younger.

“Jia, can I trust you with a few tasks?” Mark questioned, hoping that Jia would agree to his plan.

“Of course, sir.” Jia agrees, knowing clearly that the young Tuan doesn’t seems to be as simple as everyone thought he is, just like his father.

“Good, I just want you to report on his every move and if you detect anything off, alert me immediately and also if he or anyone in this building ask anything about me, just say that you don’t know. Understand?” Mark ordered, earning a short nod from Jia.

“I prefer my existence around here to be kept at bay for now, once it’s the right time I will introduce myself to everyone.” Mark adds on which cause Jia to smile, totally seeing the similarity between father and son.

“Why are you smiling?” Mark questioned, lost at his secretary reaction at his words.

“It’s just amazing how similar you are to your father, always moving around like a ninja.” Jia remarked which cause Mark to chuckle at the image of his Pa in a ninja suit.

“I guess ninja style runs in the family.” Mark commented back with cause both of them to share a laugh.

“If there is nothing else, I better to get going, sir.” Jia exclaimed once their laughter dies down, didn’t want to disturb her boss any longer.

“Just one last thing, if we are in private like this, just call me, Mark. Formal isn’t really my thing.” Mark exclaimed, smiling warmly at Jia who tries her best not to melt at the sight.

“Alright, Mark.” Jia exclaimed nervously, returning the smile before literally ‘floats’ out of the room with the charming smile imprinted in her mind.

“Good, now to start working on these mess.” Mark exclaimed once Jia is gone, outstretching his arms to start picking up the folder and stars reading them.

By lunch time, Mark was almost done with the pile thanks to his fast reading skills gain from reading his students essay and papers for the last two years and a half.

Putting the last folder down, Mark’s stomach growl which properly telling him to go and pick his Mandu up and head for lunch together.

Meanwhile on the seventh floor, Jackson grinned in victory at seeing how he is done with half of the pile by lunch time, which definitely a big improvement from yesterday.

While busy dancing in his mind, the younger failed to notice the amused Mark standing at the entrance, instead it was the three ladies whose heading out that notice him.

OMG! He is so hot...”
“Too handsome...”
“Since when did we have somebody this good looking around?..”

Of course with all the noises they are making, it attract everyone's attention including Jinyoung’s who somehow gathered around to see what’s the commotion.

“Hyung!” Youngjae calls out, nudging the oblivious Jackson whose busy thinking about lunch.

“What is it?” Jackson questioned before Youngjae points towards the commotion, in the mist of everyone there he saw the glorious Mark Tuan standing there while smiling at his direction.

“Mark!” Jackson exclaimed just a little too loud for his own good because in an instant, all attention was on him.

Mark hold back his laughter at seeing the flustered younger, he waves at Jackson which cause the surrounding to starts murmuring about them.

Not wanting to be the centre of attention any longer than he already had, Jackson quickly grabbed his phone and wallet before heading straight towards Mark and dragging him away from the others.

The moment they step into the lift, Jackson looks at Mark like as if he some kind of alien or something.

“What are you doing here?” The younger questioned, knowing pretty well that Mark don’t like to get involve with anything Majestic Minds related.

“Picking you up for lunch.” Mark answered like as if it’s a normal thing when it’s not, Mark picking him up for lunch means more news about him.

“Just that?” Jackson questioned, knowing that it just too much effort for Mark since he could have easily called him and meet up downstairs.

“I helped Pa run a few errands here earlier. On the way out, I decided to drop by and pick you up for lunch.” Mark half lied to the younger, not wanting Jackson to know about his current title just yet.

Thinking that it make sense since Pa is still recuperating, Jackson nods in understanding before finally relaxing his tense up body.

“You know, you really shouldn’t appear like that. I almost got an heart attack.” Jackson complained, slinging his arm around the older, unconsciously getting comfortable with Mark like usual.

“It’s not my fault you were busy grinning at your screen.” Mark teased his big baby which instantly earn a pout from the younger.

“Well, somebody is just too attractive for his own good.” Jackson rebutted back, sticking his tongue out at the older.

“Isn’t it better? At least if rumors spreads around like during school days, you got yourself an attractive boyfriend.” Mark exclaimed, smirking at the younger whose sulking even more at his defeat.

Jackson hates to admit it but having that as a rumour is a million times better than being labeled as Park Jinyoung’s stalker, at least they wouldn’t look at him like as if he murdered someone.

Mark drove them to a nearby mall where Jackson’s favourite thai restaurant is located, it served the best tom yum goong in the younger’s opinion.

While heading towards the restaurant, the boys pass by a clothing store that displayed lots of their latest snapbacks collection at the front which instantly gain Jackson’s attention.

Mark chuckled at seeing how his Mandu’s eyes sparkled while scanning through the collection.

“You wanna get a few?” Mark questioned after seeing how Jackson’s eyes is still glue on to a few designs.

“No, it’s fine.” Jackson replied, putting down the black snapback he was holding before walking away with a sad expression.

“Are you sure? You love that design earlier, right?” Mark questioned again after catching up with the younger, confused at Jackson’s unexpected respond.

“Yes, let’s just go and eat. I’m super hungry.” Jackson replied, putting on a small smile before dragging Mark towards the restaurant.

After settling down at a comfortable spot, Mark let Jackson handle the ordering since he was way more familiar with the menu and the older, himself isn’t picky about his food as long as it’s delicious.

“How was your day so far?” Mark questioned once the waiter walked away with their order.

“Pretty much the same like yesterday, I became the topic of interest again today because somehow, somebody spotted us in the office last night.” Jackson shared about the rumor he heard from Youngjae earlier, it just make him shiver at how fast rumors spread around.

“Who was it?” Mark wondered, finding that it’s weird how all these rumors pops up from thin air.

“No idea. Like as if being labeled as a creepy stalker isn’t bad enough, now I have a rumor about bringing in a stranger into the office after working hours.” Jackson sighs, wondering why his life is just so complicated these days.

“Your department it’s sure something, to have these rumors flying in and out so easily.” Mark exclaimed, noting to himself that he needs to do a check up on the staffs in the design department.

“Well, it didn’t help having those three ladies in the department, always looking for new gossip and rumors to talk about. They claimed that the boys in our department are just plain unattractive that they need something fun to entertain themselves.” Jackson complained, unsure why those three are still in the company when they are the least productive in his department.

“Aren’t your chief supposed to be in control or something?” Mark commented, finding it rather weird that someone who likes to order around like Jinyoung can’t keep these ladies in check.

“Apart from me, Jinyoung, Youngjae and Bambam are pretty much juniors. When I joined the department five years ago, Min noona and Sunmi noona were already part of the design team then about a week later, Suzy joined us. Fei noona was our chief back then up until around last month, she officially resigned from the post to move abroad with her husband. So even if his our chief now, it doesn’t really means anything to the ladies. He pretty much only have full control on Youngjae and Bambam.” Jackson explained, eyes sparkle in excitement when he saw their order heading towards their table.

The boys thanked the waiter before they start digging in, enjoying the tom yum goong with rice plus the seafood omelette that Jackson order along with a few other side dishes.

“Isn’t it sad how he earned the post but still have no control over them.” Mark remarked, somehow finding the meaning of a post useless if you don’t deservingly earn it.

“It’s but that the reality of it. Until they see your worth, people will never take you seriously.” Jackson sighs which causing Mark to nod, clearly understanding what the younger meant.

Their conversation comes to a pause as they enjoyed the food, surrounded in a comfortable silence.

While eating, Jackson can’t seems to stop thinking about Min’s words earlier, he wonders if he is really that unattractive until Jinyoung could dump him just like that.

“Dimsum, am I unattractive?” Jackson suddenly wondered out loud, surprising the older since the Jackson Wang he knows is full of self confident.

“I wouldn’t say unattractive but this, isn't you. Not the same Wang that I grew up with.” Mark exclaimed carefully, eyes scanning Jackson’s dressing.

In all honesty, Jackson knows himself that this wasn’t his style since he changed into this nerdy and clean cut style eight years ago for the sake of college. Throughout his years in school, Jackson has always stood out among his peers along with Mark but of course popularity doesn’t come easy. 

They are always targeted by others which eventually invite trouble their way so when he finally graduated from high school, Jackson decide to change his image so he won’t attract attention when he starts college. Without Mark by his side, he prefer to lay low and avoid trouble at all cost, it was for the better.

By the time it’s senior year, the very same year that he starts dating Jinyoung who's a freshman that year, Jackson was already comfortable with his image and decides to keep it.

All these years it doesn’t matter to him how people sees him, as long as Jinyoung was content with it, everybody else doesn’t matter but now thinking about it again, it was properly that image was the one that makes other thinks he ‘s such a pushover.

“I  changed into this for college, you know to avoid trouble. Without you by my side, I wasn’t confident about winning fights alone so I changed into a nerd that practically invisible to everyone sight. I guess over the years, I got used to it and never change back.” Jackson explained, making the older  feel bad for leaving Jackson alone since he graduated a year earlier than the younger before flying off to L.A for college.

“I’m sorry.” Mark apologized, knowing that it wasn’t easy for Jackson to deal with the jerks alone during that one whole year before graduation.

“Hey, don’t be.” Jackson smiles, reassuring the older who have a guilty expression on his face.

“Do you want to change back into the old Jackson?” Mark questioned, returning the smile back before curiously waiting for his response.

“I don’t know.” Jackson replied, unsure since he pretty much throws away all of his old clothings expect for his snapbacks collection that he kept in his room over at the Tuan’s mansion.

Wherelse Mark had a plan hatching in his mind, he will make sure that they will return back to their legendary couple days, just like back in school.
 

A/N: Hello! Thank you for loving Mark so far, you just can't help it but to adore him for protecting Jackson. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter too :)

BIG THANKS TO ABobana, kimminah89, Ikiofdre, helloim33, Hanniebabe, Lyla_HoNeybaby, flori9, wang00girl2, angel-with-a-shotgun, mr_johnnie FOR SUBSCRIBING!

<3 InfinitelyCassie