Chapter 4

Work To My Heart!

Chapter 4

It was a beautiful morning, Mrs Tuan smiles in a good mood while climbing down the stairs, thinking about breakfast.

As she got closer to the kitchen area, she could hear movement which cause her to fasten her steps.

It surprise her to see her two boys already up and about, busy making what she assume is their breakfast.

Before she could greet them good morning, their sudden action paused her intention completely before she continue hiding behind the wall with a grin on her face.

Mark is clearly aware of his mother appearance which is why he suddenly start back hugging Jackson who is totally absorb in making his pancakes, just to test his plan out.

"Aren’t you gonna start on the eggs?" Jackson cluelessly asked, not even wondering why the older is back hugging him out of nowhere.

"Later, I need some body heat, it’s chilly this morning." Mark whispered into the other ear, hearing a rather faint squeal in response to his action. 

Jackson noded, eyes set back on the pancakes while secretly enjoying the fuzzy feeling he received from the hug, making him feel loved.

They stay like that for a bit before Mark finally start working on his scrambled eggs beside Jackson. 

Through out the whole breakfast making process, they play around like usual but with a lot more skinship involved on Mark's side.

Mrs Tuan couldn't stop grinning at seeing how affectionate and clingy her Yi En got after being away from the younger, it makes her even more certain that these two are a match made in heaven.

"Dear.." Mr Tuan's voice was heard, startling the older lady before she turn towards her husband who's looking at her all weird.

"Look at them, honey." Mrs Tuan pointed out to her husband which cause a smile to spread on his face as he watches Mark give Jackson a bone crushing hug while praising the younger over his wonderful skills in making perfect pancakes.

"It feels different right, honey?" Mrs Tuan remarked, smiling brightly at her husband who nodded in response, it certainly feels different than usual because the affectionate and expressive one between them has always been Jackson, not their oldest.

Taking a short glance, Mark notice that his Pa has already come down for breakfast so he signal to the younger that they should start setting up the table.

"Good morning." The boys greeted, bumping into the elderly couple at the kitchen entrance that definitely caught them by surprise.

"Good morning, boys." Mr Tuan greeted back, smiling to the boys before nudging his wife who was still froze up over the boys sudden appearance.

"Morning, boys. The smell is just so inviting." Mrs Tuan quickly greeted, giving the boys a thumbs up after checking out the plates they are carrying.

"Let's eat Ma, Pa.." Mark exclaimed, returning the smile before all of them head of the dining table and start enjoy the delicious breakfast.

"You feeling better today, Ka Yee?" Mr Tuan asked in between bites, earning a short nod from their youngest.

"That's good, baby. We were so worried about you that we didn't manage to sleep properly last night." Mrs Tuan exclaimed, feeling glad that Jackson actually looks better than yesterday, 
less tired and worn out.

"I'm sorry, Ma, Pa. I caused everyone to worried about me." Jackson apologized, of course feeling bad that he got them worried over his breakup with a jerk.

"Don't say that, baby." Mrs Tuan smiles warmly, hands reaching out for Jackson's before giving it a squeeze.

"Thank you." Jackson thanked, smiling as he look at the three faces that has always been by his side since his parents left these world.

At the young age of four, Jackson lost his parents to a flight crash and since he didn't had any family or relative in Korea, the Tuans who's his parents best friend from childhood end up taking him in and became his guardian. 

Through out all these years, they loved him like their own, never once Jackson ever feel left out or unwanted. He is really grateful to be apart of this loving family.

"Ma, Pa..what do you think of us as a couple?" Mark's deep voice pulls him out of his own thoughts, he turns to look at the older whose clearly amuse by their parent surprise look.

"Why, did you guys decided to date?" Mrs Tuan asked rather too excitedly that it surprise Jackson at this point.

"No, Ma. Ge is kidding, right?" Jackson denied, shaking his head before glaring at the rather super amused older beside him.

The elderly could only laugh at Jackson's annoyed expression while feeling it’s a shame that it was just a joke, she definitely prefer it to be real.

Mark just stick his tongue out at the younger like usual before focusing back on his third piece of pancake, ignoring the complaining younger.

“Fine, meanie. I rather go to work now.” Jackson sulked, thanking the couple for the food before making his way upstairs to get ready for work.

Mr and Mrs Tuan shaked their head at their boys antics, it’s totally childish but that it’s what makes them Yi En and Ka Yee.

"Yi En, you are coming as promised, right?" Mr Tuan questioned, once he is sure Jackson is out of earshot.

"Yes, Pa." Mark confirmed, giving his Pa a reassuring smile while he finishes up his breakfast.


*************************************

     

 It was a first for Mark at least to be driving his car in silence with a dazed Mandu beside him. 

It wasn't really the nicest experience because a quiet Mandu is never a good thing in his book. 

Mark turns, taking a quick glance at Jackson who seems to be lost in his own thoughts, eyes on the view they passed by.

Knowing it's better not to disturb the younger, he continue driving in silence with hope that Jackson will be fine at work, alone.

"Ka Yee, we are here." Mark announced, turning to smile at the younger who has worried clear on his face.

"Don't worry, if things gets too much, give me a call." Mark assured, patting Jackson's head which somehow does make him feel more reassured.

"Thank you, Dimsum." Jackson thanked, pulling the older into a bear hug before alighting Mark's car.

They wave goodbye to each other, Mark mouthed 'fighting' before driving off, leaving Jackson with a soft smile on his face.

"Jackson hyung." Youngjae's melodious voice was heard, causing Jackson to turn towards the source.

"Good morning, Jae." Jackson greeted, returning the younger bright smile as he approached closer.

“How are you doing, hyung?” Youngjae questioned, worried clear in his voice and instantly Jackson knows what he meant.

“It’s a lie if I say I’m fine. I’m still trying to deal with everything, including the proposal.” Jackson replied honestly, adding the proposal bit so the younger knows that he already saw those pictures.

“About the proposal, I’m sorry if it shocked you too badly. I just thought that you have the right to know.” Youngjae apologized, feeling bad for adding to the older pain when he already go through a lot yesterday.

“Don’t apologize, Jae. If it isn’t for you, I wouldn’t know.” Jackson exclaimed, offering his desk neighbour a grateful smile.

Youngjae return the smile before they both decide to enter the building or they both will be late.

The moment Jackson walks through the office, he received disgusted looks from the colleagues that already arrived, seated at their respective desk.

Jackson ignore them, focusing to get to his desk which seems like a torture but somehow he managed to get there without having eye contact with any of them.

“Isn’t he shameless…”
“Why is he back?...”
“Scary...a stalker among us..”
“Why would Chief Park like him?..”
“Delusional..”

Jackson tries to block those words, trying not to get those murmuring into his head, but it was just too hard to ignore especially when they gathered and look at him like as if he is some sort of criminal.

“Chief Park.” Youngjae announced, causing them to quickly dispersed and return back to their respective desk.

Being the only one unaware of his ex-boyfriend promotion, Jackson was lost at the mention of the title which cause him to look up and see who Youngjae referring too.

It definitely shocked him to see the same Park who dumped him yesterday, walk in with a smirk on his face directed to him before heading straight for the chief desk located at the far end.

“That bastard..he used my proposal to gained a promotion.” Jackson hissed, gritting his teeth while his hand formed into a fist.

If it wasn’t for the beep which signal a text from his handphone, Jackson might have unconsciously punch the desk.

From: Dimsum

Whatever happens, calm down. Don’t get too work out, promise?

Jackson smiles reading the text, how can Mark knows him so well that he can even manage to calm him down without even being here.

To: Dimsum

Promise :) Pray hard that I get through the day without killing anyone.

Jackson reply before slipping his handphone back into his back pocket and start working on the files that somehow Bambam just left on his desk before running away.

“Great.” Jackson muttered, sighing at the sight of files piled up in front of him which most he realized wasn’t even his portion of work.

Without realizing, time passed by and it was already time for lunch when Jackson took a glance at his wristwatch.

He stop typing before stretching his sore arms, noticing that everybody is leaving for lunch while he is stuck with a fresh batch of files that Bambam delivered a while ago which clearly wasn’t his when he hasn’t even finish the first one but what can he say, at this point he can’t even defended himself with all these rumors flying around.

“Jae, where did you go?” Jackson questioned when he saw the younger reappeared at his desk from somewhere with an annoyed look

Youngjae sighed, totally annoyed by the idiot he just faced earlier.

“Just faced that so called Mr Perfect, complaining about why I took so long when he clearly told me yesterday that it’s fine to pass over before lunch.” Youngjae ranted, rolling his eyes at the thought of his annoying new Chief.

Of course Jackson knows who Youngjae referring to because that the nickname they gave Jinyoung since he first joined. 

It starts out at first as a good nickname but as time pass, Jinyoung kinda got on everyone nerves with his so called perfectionist ways. 

Truth to be told, Jackson does gets annoyed at times when the younger start ordering him around but he always take it in a positive way, a trait that he doesn’t have.

“Chill, Jae! At least you don’t have two mountains on your desk, like mine.” Jackson joked, trying to cheer his best friend up which luckily it did, a bit.

“Can you even get those done by today?” Youngjae questioned in disbelief, thinking that they really take it too far, bullying Jackson over some stupid ‘stalker’ incident that wasn’t even true.

“Somehow.” Jackson replied, resting his head on the desk while looking at Youngjae gathering his stuff to leave for lunch.

“I guess you will be skipping lunch today.” Youngjae exclaimed, walking over to his desk with a worried expression.

“Yes, but can you grab me something light on the way back? Just something to fill up my stomach.” Jackson asked, looking at the younger with his puppy eyes that most people can’t resist expect for Mark in most cases.

“Sure, I won’t take long.” Youngjae said, waving bye before exiting the office while Jackson took a big gulp from his water bottle and start working again.
                                           

*************************************

 

“Thank you, Jinyoung shii for your wonderful presentation. You can take your leave now.” The Chairman of Majestic Minds praised which cause the nervous Jinyoung to give a ninety degree bow to everyone in the meeting room before exiting with racing heartbeat.

“What do you think about this proposal?” The Chairman questioned, looking at the boards of directors for their opinions on the proposal that was just presented to them.

“It was excellent, Jaebum really found a wonderful talent.” One of the directors exclaimed, earning a string of agreement from the other directors while Jaebum couldn’t feel any prouder at the recognition he got.

Even though the Chairman had his doubts after watching that soulless presentation, he decided to give this Park Jinyoung a chance since his vice president guaranteed that he won’t be a disappointment to the company.

“Since everyone come to an agreement, you have my permission to use this proposal. Let’s see how our client respond to it.” The Chairman concluded, looking at the vice president who sighed in relief at hearing those words.

The directors clapped, congratulating Jaebum for being capable enough to find such a rare talent.

“And one more thing before we end this meeting today, I’m going to introduce the new president that will be filling up the position that I left six months ago.” The Chairman added which of course instantly earn everyone attention his way.

The Chairman signaled his assistance to invite his new president in, all eyes on the two big door when the assistance re-enter the room with a man in full suit, giving out a very striking but chilly aura at the same time.

“Everyone, this is my son. Mark Tuan. He will be our new president starting off tomorrow.” Chairman Tuan announced, smiling at his son who by now already bowing to everyone.

“Nice to meet you all, I’m Mark. Please show me your guidance.” Mark greeted in his usual deep husky voice, making the few ladies in the room swoon over his voice including Jia aka Jaebum’s secretary who usually are cold towards the guys including her own boss.

The directors clapped, giving their nods of approval as the approached the young Tuan, knowing how much effort it took the Chairman to talk Mark into taking over since the day he left that spot empty.

It was known to them that Mark was a genius, someone that earned the title ‘professor’ at the young age of twenty four, teaching at one of LA prestigious university. 

Of course they would understand if Mark didn’t want to give up on his career, who would but still they were glad that the young Tuan finally decided to come back and take over.

At the mist of everybody busy welcoming Mark, there was someone burning in jealousy while eyeing the new president, if only eyes could kill, Mark is already dead.

 

A/N: Hey everyone, thank you so much for the comments. Hope you guys enjoyed this update too :)

BIG THANKS TO purple_music, Nadia321, Mousehousehouse, azuresky0127, blankjihyo7, Puzzlepiece98, leahmarie, bluelover15, vanillarainx FOR SUBSCRIBING!

<3 InfinitelyCassie