Chapter 3

Work To My Heart!

Chapter 3

That it’s how Mark ended up in the cafe, seating at the table beside Jackson’s with his back to the younger’s, that way he won’t feel like he is disturbing the couple but still close enough to give Jackson support.

Jackson feels his heart beats faster as each minute pass by, dreading whatever that coming his way especially after witnessing the scene earlier.

The moment he spotted Jinyoung walking into the cafe, Jackson feels his heart drops and instantly he feels sick.

“Hey..” Jackson greeted, tried to at least but he knows how awkward it was just by the way the younger roll his eyes at his greeting before taking a seat opposite of him.

Neither one speak first after they ordered their drinks, just looking at each other like as if waiting for the other to start the conversation first.

‘Jinnie, can you explain to me what is going on?” Jackson decided to talk, something at least or the tension might just kill someone.

“Don’t you get it by now, Jackson?” Jinyoung questioned back, amazed that the older still didn’t get the message even after all these.

“No, I don’t because I didn’t do anything wrong to deserve all these. What did I do that until you had to treat me like this?” Jackson rebutted back, disappointment clear on his face as he look at Jinyoung’s nonchalant expression.

“You didn’t do anything wrong, I just deserve someone better.” Jinyoung replied, luxuriously sipping his newly arrived coffee in between words.

 “What?” Jackson exclaimed in shock, in disbelief at how shameless the younger sounded.

“Isn’t it funny how you still blindly believes that I love you? You are such a fool, Jackson Wang. All these years, the only reason I was even by your side is because you gave me everything, even yourself. Of course, I wouldn’t reject free services and here you are, believing that I’m into you.” Jinyoung chuckled, unbothered by Jackson’s crushed expression.

Jackson wanted to just punch the life out of the so called human in front of him right now but his body wouldn’t move, like as if it frozen up with those words.

“I’m sure by now, you got what I mean. Let’s just break up, there is no reason for me to be with you anymore. I deserve somebody better than you, you are not much of a help anymore anyway.” Jinyoung suggested like as if it’s the most casual thing to say while eyes busy on his phone screen.

“If you gonna hurt me like this, why didn’t you just reject me four years ago when I confessed?” Jackson questioned, his heart throbbing at the thought of how happy he was when his confession got accepted at that time but just to find out now, he was just being make used by the younger.

“You think if I rejected you at that time, you will ever get yourself a boyfriend? Please, you are just a pathetic nerdy loser in everybody’s eyes. It was me who makes your final year of college a breeze so don’t start complaining now.” Jinyoung smirked in amusement when he noticed the clear hurt in Jackson’s eyes.

Jackson couldn’t believe it that the person he loved with all his life just sees him as a worthless piece of trash instead.

“If that’s all, I’m out of here.” Jinyoung exclaimed, getting ready to leave but pause for a while to put the cake box that he had bring along earlier on the table.

“Eat this, I think you need it more than me.” Jinyoung mocked, smiling at how Jackson looking at him in utter disappointment.

Of course Jackson is aware of the box content, it was very same birthday cake he baked for the younger this morning, untouched.

“If you are not eating it, throw it away. It wasn’t meant for me to start off with.” Jackson said, staring back at the younger with pure anger in his eyes.

“Fine, whatever.” Jinyoung muttered, rolling his eyes at how the other is staring holes into him before walking away to exit but not before he drop by the trash bin and dumped the box inside.

“Mandu..” Mark called out softly once Jinyoung is gone, standing right in front of Jackson who's looking up at him with a fake smile that just broke the older’s heart even more.

“It hurts, hyung.” Jackson whispered, clutching his heart that feels like it’s been step on a thousand time.

Mark didn’t say anything, he just took a seat beside the younger and hug him as tightly as possible, not really bothered by the stares they are receiving.

“Ka Yee, let’s go home, alright?” Mark whispered, earning a short nod from Jackson who wanted nothing but to be around by his loved ones at the moment.

*************************************

“You picking me up for my birthday dinner?” Jinyoung questioned, smiling at the figure beside him who's checking his phone.

“Sure, babe. I will pick you up around seven at your apartment.” The said figure replied, returning the smile before giving Jinyoung a peck on his cheek.

Jinyoung return it with a peck on the lips instead before alighting the car, waving the car off before entering the company building.

The moment he arrived over at his newly changed desk, he saw Youngjae placing the files on it without realizing his return.

“Youngjae, you are done with everything?” Jinyoung questioned, startling the younger who wasn’t expecting for his Chief to pop out of nowhere.

“Yes, Chief.” Youngjae quickly replied once he recovered, looking at Mr Perfect who by now was scanning through the files to check on his work.

“Good job, you can go now.” Jinyoung praised, making the other sigh in relief before he walk away but to only pause in his track when he heard his name being called out again.

“Yes.” Youngjae replied, standing back in front of desk while dreading whatever pile of work that is heading his way.

“Can you please run a check on the proposal and presentation that I had prepared for the meeting with the Chairman tomorrow? Just make sure you get everything to perfection by lunch tomorrow.” Jinyoung ordered, passing over a thick file and a thumb drive with all the datas over to Youngjae who’s mentally crying over the workload.

“Sure, Chief. I will pass it to you by then.” Youngjae exclaimed before walking away, feeling like punching Mr Perfect’s face who never fail to boss him around even before promotion with the excuse of Jinyoung being a senior to him in the department.

Taking a seat, Youngjae lazily flipped through the proposal that so called earned Jinyoung that promotion since he was the only one who wasn’t there four days ago for the presentation to the Vice President and the other staffs as he was on a sick leave that day.

As he skimmed through the pages, Youngjae realize that the ideas and drawings seems too familiar for his own good,

“You gotta to be kidding me.” Youngjae muttered in disbelief the moment he reached the end of the file, hand searching for his phone in a rush before dialing the familiar number.


*************************************


“Yi En, did something happened?” Mrs Tuan questioned, gesturing towards Jackson who’s chatting with Mr Tuan over in the living room.

“He had a bad day, today.” Mark replied, giving his mother a sigh while hand still busy cutting the vegetables.

“Did Jinyoung dislike the cake?” Mrs Tuan wondered out, causing Mark’s blood to boil at the pure mention of that freaking name.

“They broke up today.” Mark informed, looking at his mother who by now have a clear shock look on her face.

“But..why…” Mrs Tuan stuttered, couldn’t digest the news since she, herself sent the boy off this morning to surprise his boyfriend before work.

Mark hesitate at first since he didn’t really had the right but seeing how his mother is worried and Jackson isn’t in the mood to talk about it, he decided to tell his Ma about today’s happening.

“My poor baby..” Mrs Tuan exclaimed, feeling really bad for her sweetheart after hearing what happened with Jinyoung.

“I saw how shaken up he was by everything so I brought him back, you know to feel closer to his parents.” Mark said, smiling at the picture of Jackson’s family hanging on one of the wall.

“If they are still around, I’m sure Ka Yee would be busy complaining by now.” Mrs Tuan smile sadly, remembering her best friends who's already gone for years now.

“Ma, Dimsum,,is everything alright?” Jackson’s low voice was heard, pulling the mother and son’s attention away from the photo and towards him instead.

“Yes, Ka Yee. Is there anything you need?” Mrs Tuan answered, smiling brightly at the confused boy in front of her while Mark quickly busied himself with cooking.

“No, it’s just that you look tired. You want me to help Ge, instead?” Jackson offered, seeing how his Ma needed the rest since she been busy taking care of Pa everyday.

“You should rest, Ma. Let him help me, instead of just lazing around on the couch.” Mark urged with a meaningful smile that Mrs Tuan instantly caught on.

“Fine, just don’t burn down my kitchen you two.” Mrs Tuan warned, ruffling her youngest’s hair before heading towards her husband who’s busy watching action movies.

“Do you have anybody special?” Jackson sudden question caught Mark by surprise especially after a few minutes of silence, both working on their respective task.

“No, why?” Mark replied, wondering why the younger suddenly got interested in his love life.

“Does that even make sense, Dimsum? Someone like you is still single. I’m sure a lot of girls and guys are crying out there for not being the chosen one.” Jackson pouted, feeling so inferior against the older who has always been the symbol of perfection throughout school days.

Mark hates it when this topic is being brought up because let’s face it, be it love or life, it isn’t always about the looks, it something more in depth and meaningful.

“It seems like someone forgotten my nickname.” Mark throwed a look before smacking the younger’s head as a punishment for even comparing their looks. 

Jackson whined, glaring at the mean older before Mark’s infamous nickname during school days pops up in mind. 

Mark Tuan aka the Ice Prince, he was the hottest guy in school but also the one with the coldest aura that makes him totally unapproachable by either gender excluding the school athletic cutie, Jackson Wang.

The only person that was ever seen around Mark was him that until rumors fly around about them being a couple, it was so bad that they couldn’t even denied that and somehow they got used to being labeled as a pair throughout the years.

“You were so scary back then.” Jackson remarked out loud, those fond memories they shared replay in his mind.

“Said the person who basically clinged on to me 24/7.” Mark snickered, sticking his tongue out at Jackson before focusing back on his dish.

Jackson smirks, a mini revenge plan hatching in his mind before he slowly start approaching Mark from the back and tickle attack him which earn laughter and soft pleas from the older to stop.

The sound of her boys laughing and playing around in the kitchen makes Mrs Tuan smile, realizing how much she misses those voice echoing in their mansion.

“Hurry boys, Pa is getting hungry.” Mrs Tuan call out once she senses Jackson’s life in danger after letting go of the annoyed older.

“Yes, Ma.” The boys replied simultaneously, quickly focusing back to work on their individual task and it really didn’t take long thanks to Mark’s love for cooking.

“Wow!” Mrs Tuan in awe to see the huge spread prepared on the table, didn’t expect this much skills from her oldest son who pretty much live alone overseas for six years.

“I can’t wait to try, they look delicious.” Mr Tuan commented, quickly taking a seat before signaling his stunned wife to take a seat beside him while the boys settle down opposite of them.

Mark could only smile in satisfaction seeing his loved ones enjoying his cooking especially Jackson who’s stuffing his mouth with food nonstop.

It was soon time for desserts once the family of four was done with dinner, being their youngest Jackson had volunteered to get the desserts Mrs Tuan had prepared from the fridge.

“Ka Yee, how did everything go this morning? I heard from Ma, you baked a cake for him.” Mr Tuan suddenly questioned out of interest, totally clueless on the situation while the mother and son pair glup at seeing how their youngest’s expression dropped that instant.

Jackson puts down his jelly, wondering on how he wants to break the news to his Pa and Ma.

“Pa, Ma..” Jackson started, eyes looking straight at the elderly pair while trying to make sure his voice won’t crack before he continue.

“Jinyoung, he broke up with me today.” Jackson manage to said it out in one breath, those words seems rather foreign to him.

“It’s fine, sweetheart. He don’t deserve you if he don’t see your worth.” Mrs Tuan exclaimed rather calmly, smiling at Jackson who’s surprise by his Ma’s reaction.

“Did you know about this?” Mr Tuan directed the question to his wife after seeing how she reacted which earn a short nod from her.

“I ask Yi En earlier, he was hesitant at first but ultimately he totally me everything. I’m sorry, sweetheart.” Mrs Tuan explained before directing the last part to Jackson who’s at this point feel rather grateful that Mark had done the worst part for him, he don’t wish to seat and talk about his stupid break up again.

“It’s fine, Ma. I wouldn’t have enough strength to talk about it anyway.” Jackson exclaimed, smiling weakly to the couple before turning to give the older a grateful smile.

“It seems like you had a long day, why don’t you go and get some rest.” Mr Tuan suggested, smiling to his youngest while Mark and Mrs Tuan nods to his words.

“Go ahead, Mandu. I will join you later in your room.” Mark urged, basically giving the youngest no option but to give in and listen to him.

Jackson got up, thanked for the delicious dinner before making his way up the stairs, body ready for a comforting shower.

While undressing, Jackson retrieve his phone from his jeans back pocket before dumping his dirty set of clothing into the laundry. 

Noticing that the device had died on him, he quickly plug it in for charging before finally heading for the shower.

It was a quick but definitely a refreshing shower, he feels more relaxed and comfortable now as he seated himself on the bed and check on his phone.

Jackson notice that he got a few missed calls, causing his heart to almost stop when he realized it was from Jinyoung but his hope was totally crushed when he reads the calling time, it was before their meetup. 

Sighing, he scroll down the list since it seems like another person was trying to get through to him too, it was Youngjae.

Wondering what so urgent that the younger called over five times with the most recent one about half an hour ago, Jackson was about to call back when an e-mail come in.

From:[email protected]

Hyung, I can’t seems to get through to you so I’m sending you this mail. I think you need to have a look at these. Call me back once you read this.

-Youngjae

It definitely perked Jackson’s curiosity as he reads the mail, quickly opening all the pictures attached to the mail.

Jackson’s raise his eyebrows in confusion when he saw the rather familiar proposal in the first few pictures, wondering why the younger is sending him pictures of his own work but as he reached to the last picture, his eyes glued on to the name credited at the corner of the page, Park Jinyoung.

“What? This must be a joke, right?” Jackson muttered in disbelief, totally convince that Youngjae must be playing a trick on him but then his ex-boyfriend’s words from earlier echoed in his mind.

“....you are not much of a help anymore anyway.” Jinyoung’s words suddenly makes senses now, it’s that what the younger meant when he said that Jackson have no used for him anymore.

“Park Jinyoung.” Jackson hissed in pure anger, his blood boiling at the thought of what that douche bag did to him.

“You really played me, didn’t you?” Jackson spated, eyes on the picture frame on the bedside drawer, a picture of them from their last anniversary.

Unconsciously, Jackson’s hand reach out for the frame before throwing it to the floor, it cracked into a thousand pieces just like how Jackson’s heart did today.

Mark who’s passing by to return to his own room was shocked to hear the sound of something break coming from the younger’s room.

He quickly swing the door open, to check on his Mandu but immediately regrets it when he saw a red and teary eyes Jackson staring at the pile of shattered frame. 

“Mandu..” Mark called out, slowly approaching the spacing out younger who’s still unaware of his presence.

“Ka Yee.” Mark whispered this time round, tapping the younger’s shoulder after settling himself beside Jackson.

Jackson didn’t say anything, instead he just pull his hyung into a tight hug because that’s the only way to stop himself from punching the wall due to all the anger and pain bottled up in him.

Mark gave him a questioning look after they pulled away which instantly cause Jackson to pass over his phone, the older reads the mail before scrolling through the pictures.

“Don’t tell me...this is yours?” Mark exclaimed after a few second trying to process why the other reacted this way over a few pictures.

Jackson nods, ruffling his hair in distressed while Mark almost curse but kept his cool, mentally punching a human named Park Jinyoung.

Turning, Mark notice that Jackson wasn’t in any mood for even a small talk, spacing out in his own trail of thoughts.

“Hey, just get a good night sleep first. We will think about how to deal with this tomorrow, alright?” Mark suggested, patting the younger head with a reassuring smile.

Knowing that the older is probably right like usual, Jackson let his precious hyung tuck him into bed and soon enough he set off to dreamland.

Mark smile once more, taking in the peaceful sight before exiting the room with something on his mind.

“You gonna regret for even messing with him, Park Jinyoung. I’m gonna make sure you regret it.” Mark vowed in his heart, ready to crush the said person into bits for causing his Mandu pain.

 

A/N: Hi everyone, since I'm on a roll...here's another chapter update for this week, Too much markson feels >_< 

Share with me your thoughts on this chapter, please :)

BIG THANKS TO tk1995, TheSilentLion, Lindylinn, Budda17, badaddiction, niekaloves, YuuYuu, haydeear, pinkiebaby91, TaecChan, leeminholover, myotterprince, Rayanneliese, wookielove, from_bangtan, picklez, Shuliet, nickname AND bby_tigz FOR SUBSCRIBING!

<3 InfinitelyCassie