Chapter 5

Work To My Heart!

Chapter 5

"Come in, Pa." Mark invited the elder in, quickly leading his father into the living room area.

Mr Tuan took a seat before eyes scanning the surrounding, smiling at how the interior just scream out his oldest.

"You got all these done by yourself?" Mr Tuan questioned when Mark reappears with a cup of hot coffee from the kitchen.

Mark nods, taking a seat beside his Pa whose back at admiring his decorating skills.

"If you were a girl, you will definitely be a wife material just like your Ma." Mr Tuan teased which caused his son to turn bright red, grumbling at how that's nonsense.

"Nonsense? Try and find someone your age that could cook and manage a household as good as you." Mr Tuan pointed out, shaking his head at how Mark thinks is normal for everyone but in actual fact, to even find a girl with that kind of capabilities is rare nowadays.

"It's just because I'm used to doing everything by myself, Pa." Mark reasoned, didn't find anything that stunning about his cooking or cleaning skills.

"Of course." Mr Tuan gived up, knowing there's no way Mark would think of himself highly against other, that was just the way his oldest is, someone who don't enjoy the spotlight on him.

"Anyway, about the secretary that you ask earlier, I got a candidate." Mark exclaimed, bringing up the topic that his Pa asked him through the phone a few days ago.

"You do? Who is it?" Mr Tuan asked, curious to see who his new president pick to be his assistance.

"He is my junior back in college, very talented and trustworthy. I thought of bringing him in but he is still back in LA. It might take a few weeks wait though. Is that ok? " Mark informed, earning a nod from his father who's thinking about his suggestion.

"Sure, if you don't mind with Jia helping you out in the meantime, then go ahead and bring him in." Mr Tuan smiles, giving his son the ‘go’ sign which caused Mark to jump up in happiness before hugging his Pa.

“Aren’t you excited? Someone special?” Mr Tuan teased his son again once they broke away from the hug.

“Very, he was by my side through good and bad days back in LA.” Mark grinned, thinking about the lovely younger who somehow he starting to miss.

“I see, I can’t wait to meet him.” Mr Tuan smiles, glad to see the bright smile plastered on his eldest’s face.

 

*************************************

 

Jackson swears he could just kill someone right now especially after seeing the pile of files that he wasn’t done with where else his arms and fingers are getting numb because of the furious typing for the last few hours.

Reaching out for his water supply, Jackson could only sighed when he sees the bottle was empty.

Without much energy to get angry at his stupid water bottle, Jackson slowly got up and heads for the pantry.

As he got nearer, his track was pause when he overheard two familiar voice talking in the pantry.

“You know Jia noona told me that we are gonna have a new president joining in, tomorrow.” Bambam’s excited voice echoed, which of course caught Jackson’s attention since he never hear anything about this from Pa.

“Really? How did she know?” Youngjae questioned, doubt clear in the younger voice which cause Jackson to chuckle, it’s just so Youngjae to be suspicious about everything.

“You know that meeting Mr Perfect attended earlier, she said that he was introduced to everyone during that meeting. She even said that he is hot.” Bambam explained with a hint of disbelief over the last part because it’s known to everyone that Jia wasn’t easily swayed by the male population.

“Whoever it’s, must be something.” Jackson mentally remarked, excited to see who’s the person that worthy enough to earned his Pa’s trust.

“I just hope Jackson hyung won’t go all stalker mode with our new president, it’s just so disturbing to see how he is so delusional.” Bambam commented which instantly cause Jackson’s mood to hit rock bottom.

He immediately walks back to his desk and start working again, not even feeling thirsty at this point, all he wanted was to quickly return back home to his Dimsum .

“Bam, stop it. We don’t even know the truth, it could be something different than what we imagine.” Youngjae shush, offended by the way the office boy talk so freely about his best friend.

“Whatever, hyung. If you don’t stop being around him, you will be everyone next target.” Bambam warned before exiting the pantry.

Youngjae just sigh in annoyance, thinking about how Bambam easily turn his back on Jackson when he used to hang out with them during lunch, he expected better from the younger.

Youngjae walked back to his desk, just to be greeted by the sight of Jackson still immersed in typing when it’s already time to go back home.

“Hey, it’s already time to leave. You still have a lot more?” Youngjae questioned which instantly earn Jackson’s attention before the other checks his wristwatch.

“I didn’t even realize the time, you go ahead. I still got a few more to go.” Jackson replied, giving the younger a small smile.

“Alright, don’t stay too late.” Youngjae exclaimed, realizing that Jackson wasn’t really in the mood to talk.

The best friends exchange goodbyes before Youngjae exited the office, it didn’t take long for the others to follow suit including Bambam and soon enough, Jackson was left alone in that big office.

Jackson got up, stretching his sore body before sitting back in a more comfortable position and start working on his next file.

Just like that hours flies by without Jackson realizing again, worrying Mark whose waiting for him back at the apartment.

A beep from his handphone gain Jackson’s attention back to his surrounding, he quickly read the text that just arrived from the older.

From: Dimsum

Mandu, is everything alright? You aren’t back yet and it’s already past office hours. I’m worried. T_T

A smile spread on the younger face, feeling glad that there someone who still care whether he is still alive or dead.

To: Dimsum

I’m dying, too much work piled up today. Don’t wait up for me, go ahead and sleep.  >_<

He pressed ‘send’ before checking the time on the screen, it’s already past  nine pm and he still have two more files to go.

“Hwaiting, Jackson!” He muttered, pumping his fist into air before start typing again.


*************************************


Upon reading the reply, Mark starts to wonder if he is bullied because it doesn’t even make sense to have that much work piled up over a day gap.

Thinking it’s useless to just sit around and wonder, Mark grab his car keys and wallet from his bedroom before exiting the apartment.

On the way, the older stop by to grab some food for them before continuing his journey, it didn’t take long either for Mark to be finally standing in front of the building.

Scanning around, his eyes finally landed on a security guard that’s checking around the entrance, he approached the said male who seems to be in his late thirties.

“Excuse me, sir.” Mark greeted awkwardly, unsure if the male was too happy to see him loitering outside a big company building.

“What do you want? Go away!” The male barked at him, unhappy at the sight of the younger disturbing him during one of his round.

It’s definitely was unpleasant for Mark to find out that this kind of rude people are working and guarding his company.

“In Joon shii.” A voice called out before the familiar face appears beside the rude guard who's currently rolling his eyes at the security team chief.

“I apologize, sir.” The chief apologized, bowing at the young Tuan who was glad to see the elder after some time.

“It’s been a while, Min Jun samcheon.” Mark greeted, smiling warmly at the elder who has been one of his Pa most trusted worker for the last thirty years, he practically watches him and Jackson grew up. 

“Yes, it has been, sir. How have you been?” The older asked, glad to see that both guys grew up to be such wonderful mens.

“Good, Samcheon.” Mark replied, earning a nod from the chief before he turn to look at the guard who's watching them with a lost expression.

“In Joon shii, how can you be so rude? Don’t you know he's our new president?” Min Jun reprimanded his staff for acting rude towards their new boss.

“I’m so sorry,sir.” In Joon bowed a straight ninety degree bow, panic clear on his face which cause Mark to feel bad for the guard.

“It’s fine but please don’t do it again. It won’t be a pleasant greeting for anyone in this case.” Mark replied politely but firmly, making sure he got his message across to the elder.

“Yes, sir.” In Joon said before excusing himself to his Chief and Mark to continue his round.

“Are you here for Jackson, Mark?” Min Jun questioned, dropping the formality once he is sure In Joon was out of earshot.

“Yes, Samcheon. I’m bringing him dinner.” Mark replied, showing the elder the bag of delicious food that he has gotten for the younger.

“He still over at his desk the last time I checked, on the seventh floor. Go ahead.” Min Joon informed, earning a nod from Mark before he continue his way to the mention floor.

The moment he arrived on the seventh floor, he could instantly spot Jackson since the only lights that was dimly turn on was around the younger working area.

He slowly heads towards the younger whose totally focus on typing, sneaking behind Jackson.

“Boo!” Mark exclaimed, startling Jackson who instantly turn around to find the culprit while the older burst into a fit of laughter at his Mandu epic reaction.

“Hyung!” Jackson whined, glomping the amused Mark which somehow turn him into a koala, clinging on his Dimsum.

“Had a bad day?” Mark questioned, ruffling Jackson’s mess up hair even more after seeing how clingy the younger got.

“I swear, everyone is such a meanie like you.” Jackson complained, hanging onto Mark’s arm even tighter before snuggling his face on the other warm and comfy sweater.

“Well, I guess...I don’t need to share this with you then.” Mark teased, bringing the bag of still warm foods closer to Jackson which instantly cause the younger to grin at the smell of fried chickens.

“Chicken.” Jackson cheered, jumping in happiness before dragging the pleased older to the small eating area outside the pantry.

The boys settle down before they start savouring the variety of delicious foods that Mark gotten, from fried chickens to dumplings, all their favourites.

“Now, am I still a meanie or not?” Mark questioned, amaze at how Jackson inhale the chicken like as if, he starve for days.

“No, you are the greatest, Dimsum.” Jackson praised before suddenly giving the unsuspecting older a peck on the right cheek with full of chicken grease.

“Ka Yee..” Mark complained, wiping the grease off his cheek before glaring at the younger whose beaming in satisfaction at his ‘masterpiece’ on his Dimsum’s squishy right cheek. 

Unknown to the two boys, somebody was watching their interaction with a smirk on his face, head already planning on how to spread the news tomorrow.

He took a final look, remembering the stranger features before exiting the office after retrieving the papers from his desk that he originally came for.

With a little teasing and bickering in between, the boys were finally done with dinner causing Mark to clean up while Jackson speed through the last flie he was working on earlier.

“I’m finally done.” Jackson announced in pure happiness, dancing around while Mark just shake his head at the younger’s antics.

Mark drive them back, experiencing silence for the second time today due to the fact Jackson fall asleep the moment he got seated in his car.

“Hey, wake up. We are back.” Mark nudge the sleeping Jackson, thankfully he move and start rubbing the sleep away from his eyes.

While they were about to alight, a car suddenly stop in front them which of course caught both of their attention especially after seeing the two figures that exited the car.

Jinyoung smiles, staring at those chic eyes that got him smitten without even trying.

“What are you staring at?” The male questioned, looking amused at how the new chief seems like a lovesick puppy every time he is with him.

“Nothing, good night Bummie.” Jinyoung wished, giving his lover a peck on the lips which earn a grin from the said male.

“Good night, babe.” The male wished back before pulling the other for a kiss on the forehead, causing Jinyoung to blush furiously.

The male wave Jinyoung goodbye before driving off, sending the new chief skipping away into their apartment building.

Mark turn to see Jackson’s reaction, he immediately regrets it when he saw the pure pain in his eyes even if the younger seems calm.

Mark decides it’s time to find something sweet to heal his broken Mandu.

“Mandu, you go ahead first. I forgot to grab something from the mart earlier.” Mark informed, which cause Jackson to absentmindedly nod without a single question before alighting.

The moment he make sure Jackson enter the building safely, he speed off to the nearby mart to find for Jackson’s favourite ice-cream 

Back at the apartment building, Jackson took his time going upstairs since he wants to avoid bumping into Jinyoung but luck wasn’t on his side because he end up bumping into his ex-boyfriend at the lift.

Jinyoung immediately look up from the mails that he just retrieve, shocked by the fact Jackson is awkwardly standing right there next to him.

“What are you doing here?” Jinyoung questioned, finding it insane that his ex is still lingering around this apartment building.

“I live here.” Jackson answered calmly, looking at the younger like as if he asked something stupid.

“No, you used too.” Jinyoung added, raising his brows at his ex calm self, something he didn’t expect.

“I still do.” Jackson exclaimed, smirking at the younger before entering the lift that just arrive in time which caused Jinyoung to unconsciously follow in, eyes glue on the buttons his pressing for.

Jackson knows that the younger got curious, he purposely took his time before pressing the ninth floor which earn a confused look from Jinyoung.

He ignore his lost ex through out the whole ride up, instantly exiting the stuffy lift the moment it arrives.

“Wait, where are you going?” Jinyoung exclaimed, pulling onto Jackson’s left wrist in a hurry when he exited the lift, pausing the older in his track.

“Home.” Jackson replied, rolling his eyes at the stupid question that this jerk was asking him, pulling his wrist out of Jinyoung’s hold in the process.

“Don’t you get it? That apartment is mine now.” Jinyoung hissed, losing his patience with the attitude Jackson is giving him right now.

It got Jackson smiling, seeing how the usually perfectionist and collected Jinyoung is starting to lose his temper over him who wasn’t even giving the younger a  full attitude mode on.

Deciding that he had enough amusement for the night, Jackson walk away and head straight for Mark’s apartment while Jinyoung keep calling out for him, trailing after him.

“You live next door?” Jinyoung asked in total disbelief upon seeing Jackson busy punching in the lock code for the door next to his.

Jackson just ignore those words, trying to enter the apartment but a hand grab his own, dragging him out before turning to face the figure.

“Aren’t you ashamed, renting an apartment beside your ex?” Jinyoung spated, glaring at Jackson who somehow find those words, stupid because in reality, it doesn’t even matter since they are both leaving separate life anyway.

“Is there any rule that stated I can’t?” Jackson questioned, sensing that his sarcastic side slowly sipping out, thanks to the annoying Park Jinyoung.

“Don’t act all smart with me, I want you to move out now.” Jinyoung hissed which earn an amused smile from Jackson, finding his words a little bit on the unrealistic side.

“And if I won’t, what will you do?” Jackson challenged, the smirk on his face just anger the younger chief even more.

“Pathetic! Are you planning to cling onto me, your whole life?” Jinyoung mocked, wiping the smirk off Jackson’s face instantly before it was replaced with an offended look.

Unknown to the ex-couple, Mark who just arrive with a bag of snacks and ice-cream overheard Jinyoung’s harsh words clearly, he wasn’t pleased at all so he did the only thing that could shut up the younger.

“Baby, why are you still outside?” Mark questioned in fluent English, immediately gaining the pair attention towards him whose approaching Jackson with a sickeningly sweet smile.

He immediately wrap his hands around Jackson’s waist, giving his full attention to the lost Mandu beside him.

“Who is he?” Jinyoung questioned, eyeing the older with a judging look since there is no way someone like Jackson can be with someone this stunning, there is no way.

Mark ignored the question like as if his new design department chief is invisible, signalling to the younger to just follow his lead.

“It’s getting chilly, let’s go in.” The oldest suggested once more in English again, which confuse Jinyoung even more due to the language as he watch the stranger drag his ex into the apartment before closing it shut.

“Did he just smirked at me?” Jinyoung muttered in shock, didn’t expect that small smirk coming from that english speaking show off before the door shut, it just makes his heart boils.

 

A/N: Hi! I'm glad to see everyone enjoying the plot so far, look out for more Mark's revenge plan ;)
BIG THANKS TO tobeperfect, mirijr, empresspenguin, tigerheartbambi, nabxla, gabunia, dino21, candypunch, XMiki-chan, roserosa, HwangMiRae09, Wokith FOR SUBSCRIBING!

BONUS: Sharing a MARKSON fanvid that I did, hope you guys like it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FE9-J5YKeg

<3 InfinitelyCassie