Chapter 1

Work To My Heart!

 

Chapter 1

Jackson hums to the sweet love song playing on the radio, heart pounding at the thought of meeting his precious Jinyoung.

He turns and smile at the homemade birthday cake seated nicely on the empty seat beside him, freshly baked this morning with the help of his Ma.

Jackson was away for a week to visit his sick Pa and finally he return back today to work & Jinyoung.

The moment he parked his car in the company carpark, Jackson couldn't contain his excitement anymore.

He literally almost skip his way up to the seventh floor where both their desk were located since they are in the same department.

Knowing the younger is always an early bird, he plan to surprise the other with the cake over at his desk before the others arrive but was immediately disappointed when he saw Jinyoung's desk was empty.

Taking that the younger hasn't arrived yet, he was about to leave the cake on Jinyoung's desk since there wasn't much time left before their colleagues arrive and it wasn't a good idea for them to see him over at the younger's desk.

At times like this, it really makes Jackson wants to tell everyone Jinyoung is his but then again he already promised the other that their relationship would be a secret and he needs to respect that.

"Jackson, what are you doing here?" Jinyoung's alarmed voice was heard, instantly earning the older attention before he pull the annoyed younger for a hug.

"Let me go, we are at work." Jinyoung reminds, quickly pulling away from the older before his eyes check around, just in case someone witness that.


"Jinnie, aren't you happy to see me?" Jackson questioned, slightly offended by the way the younger push him away earlier but decides to just ignore it like always.

"Why are you even here? Go back to your desk." Jinyoung scolds, ignoring the older previous question while eyes on the ticking clock.

"But it's your birthday today, I just wanna..." Jackson tried to explain but got cut off when 
Jinyoung roughly grab the cake box out of his hold.

"Happy? Now go away, we will talk later." Jinyoung hissed at him, really not in the mood to entertain Jackson any longer.

"Jinnie, why..." Jackson exclaimed, not understanding why it seems like his presence seems annoying to the other.

"JUST GO! " Jinyoung shouted in anger, couldn't stand the older questioning any longer.

"Jinyoung shii, is there something wrong?" Jaebum, their vice president questioned, suddenly appearing at the entrance with a few colleagues who seems to just arrived.

Jinyoung couldn't reply, he just stare blankly at their vice president while his mind trying to process an excuse wherelse Jackson thought otherwise, thinking that this is an opportunity to reveal their relationship.

Jackson was about to open his mouth but the younger beat him to it, saying something that makes his heart drop.

"Jackson shii has been stalking me." Jinyoung 'confessed', earning gasps from their gathering colleagues who by now was very interested in the scene unfolding in front of them.

"What?" Jaebum exclaimed, not liking what he's hearing from his newly appointed department chief.

Jackson could only stare at the younger in pure shock, the word 'stalker' stuck in his head.

"Is it true, Jackson shii?" Jaebum questioned, staring at the said person in disapproval.

He clearly could hear the question that was thrown to him, he wanted to reply but words was stuck in his throat.

"If you could, please ask him to stop. He wouldn't listen to me." Jinyoung 'pleaded', giving his 'spectators' a frustrated and tired out expression.
"Jackson shii, it's best if you stop or things might get difficult for you. I'm sure you wouldn't want that, right?" Jaebum warned, knowing it's best to make things clear so Jackson knows when to stop.

People start throwing dirty looks at him, making him feel so mistreated and the whispering wasn't helping much either.

The only thing he could think of right now is to run away, far from those judging eyes and that's what he do.

Without a second thought, Jackson just walk pass everybody including Jaebum, exiting their office before running his way back to his car.

At this point, Jackson couldn't care less about anything or anyone. 

All he wants is to return back home and curl up into a ball on his warm bed so that's exactly what the twenty five years old did, he drove back to his apartment just to have the door password lock not working for him.

"Seriously?!" Jackson sighed in frustration, everything just seems to be a total mess for him today, even the stupid door won't spare him.

Seeing there was no use in wasting time trying to open the door, Jackson decides to search for his landlady since he needs someone to figure out how he could enter his own apartment.

"Imo, I can't seem to unlock my door. Is there something wrong with the system?" Jackson questioned once he spotted the older lady in her early forties at the apartment recycling bin center.

"About that, Jinyoung change the password earlier this week." Mi Sook aka the landlady informed slowly, guilt clear on her face which the younger instantly notice.

"Why didn't you update me, Imo? I'm sure you know that I'm the one paying the rent every month, right? I have the right to know." Jackson grumbled, getting annoyed with his situation.

"I'm sorry, Jackson but he told me that you have move out so he offered to pay for the upcoming months in advance. I wasn't sure but since he insisted, I accepted the offer which also explain the change in password." Mi Sook explained, feeling bad for the poor boy in front her since things doesn't seem to be the way Jinyoung told her.

Jackson receives another shock hearing the older lady's words, it feels like as if she wasn't talking about his Jinyoung.

"Actually, all your belongings are over at my apartment. He told me to keep it for you since he wasn't sure when you are coming back for it." Mi Sook added, seeing the boy in front of her totally lost in his own thoughts.

Jackson wonders what he had done wrong in their relationship, like as if accusing him as a stalker wasn't enough, the younger had to chase him out of his own apartment that he has been renting & paying for the past five years.

"Imo, can you keep my belongings for now? I will come back for them by today." Jackson requested, giving the older lady a small smile before walking away with tears threatening to spill any moment. 

Unknowingly, Jackson ended up right in front of the apartment again with tears spilling out too fast for his own liking. 

He feels like punching someone for making him into a hot mess right now but of course the only thing he could do was to complain and grumble to the door.

"Stupid Park Jinyoung!!" He scolds, kicking the door like as if the said man was standing right infront of him.

Jackson is positive that if anybody see him right now, they will just freak out at the fact a grown man is crying and scolding a door in the middle of broad daylight.

It wasn't something that he wants people to witness of course not but he can't just seem to bottle up his feeling any longer, he is just so mad at everything even at himself for letting this happen to him.

"Wang Ka Yee" A familiar deep voice was heard coming from behind him, causing Jackson to immediately turn to face with the figure he didn't see for the last two years.

"Mark!" Jackson exclaimed in pure happiness, running straight into the older's embrace with no hesitation.

Mark wasn't expecting that kind of reaction from his Mandu but still, it feels good to be welcome back home with a big warm hug from the younger.

"Hey, is everything alright Mandu?" Mark questioned, starting to get worry when the other didn't let him go but instead continue hiding his face on his chest.

He didn't get any reply but instead he could feel his t-shirt getting wet around the chest area which he could only assumed is the younger's tears.


Mark didn't know why his Mandu was crying this badly but the moment he knows, he swears that he will make the person life a living hell.

 

A/N: Hello! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, if you want to read

more or want to share your thoughts, please subscribe and comment :)

<3 InfinitelyCassie