epilogue .

Are You The One? [ SEQUEL ]

The small boy runs around the room, screaming. I chuckle and shake my head. For a boy so small, he seemed to have as much energy as Hoseok, if not more. I run up to him, picking him up by the waist before straddling him. 

 

The woman clad in black rolls her eyes, ''This why I hate kids.''

 

I raised my eyebrows, approaching her before shoving the small boy into her arms. She gasps, eyes widening at me, it seemed to be filled with horror. ''I'll leave Taekwon with you today, I trust you.'' I state, before shuffling over to the counter.

 

''You trust me with a ing child? I'm a murderer.'' Mi Cha growls, scowling at Taekwon.

 

''You won't harm Taekwon, I know it.'' I explain, grabbing my bag from the counter. Mi Cha rolls her eyes again, gently placing Taekwon on to the ground where he starts crawling towards me. I place a knee on the ground, almost eye-to-eye to the toddler. He smiles brightly, a smile almost like his dad's. 

 

''Kim Taekwon, behave okay?'' I mumble.

 

He nods his head violently before running back to Mi Cha. Mi Cha groans again before literally pushing me out of the door with Taekwon in her arm.

 


 

I hold the file in my arm, flipping through it. Yoo Daesuk. Grabbing a baton from the upper shelf, I slipped it into the side pocket. I dashed out of my room, putting on a black mask as I did so. I enter the car immediately, ''Step on it!'' I practically screamed. Taehyung pushes his feet on to the accelarator, speeding off. He chuckles as his eyes stayed glued on the road, ''Hyosung, I love you but it's scary whenever you scream like that.''

 

I roll my eyes, passing Taehung the pistol. He slides it into his back pocket, nodding towards me.

 

Yes, Taehyung is a detective. Not a secret agent like me yet, but he'll get there soon. I personally requested for Taehyung to be equipped though, because God knows how many people are after him. I was surprised my Dad actually agreed to Taehyung being in the force. It wasn't as if he wasn't cut out for the job anyway. He was fit, but he is like a professional stalker or something. He somehow always solve cases other detectives on higher ranks can't. Jungkook is back on his feet again, not as a secret agent but as a police officer. It was still comforting to see that he has completely recovered.

 

Jimin haven't completely recovered though, we've discovered. He was still recovering from a spine surgery, and the doctor has warned him about sports and running. He wasn't exactly useless though, he pretty much organises criminal information in the office now. 

 

I step out of the car, carefully approaching the abandoned building. A man steps out of it and I raise my eyebrows at him. His eyes were souless, his clothing torn and tattered. Futhermore, he looked like he hasn't bathed for a month. He suddenly chuckles, dropping to the ground. He yanks open his coat, and I shut my eyes close for a while. But after 3 seconds, I open them again. I widen my eyes, shifting my gaze to Taehyung. He frowns, lowering his gun.

 

Because around the guy's waist was a bomb that would be triggered at the slightest moment. ''Taehyung, what do we do?'' I ask. I notice other agents and police officers have arrived but no one has had training of how to terminate a bomb. I notice Jungkook standing in front, his eyes too, focused on the man. 

 

I squint my eyes to notice there was only 3 minutes left on the clock. Jungkook yells something I can't exactly decipher and he enters the building, a group of officers following behind him. I gasp, my eyes following them. A few gunshots fired soon after, but my attention was on the suicide bomber. He was now casually sitting on the ground, with the belt around his waist. 

 

2 and 30 seconds left.

 

I shut my eyes close, taking a step forward. But I start running, I hear Taehyung calling after me but I ignore. I run past the suicide bomber, entering the building. I hold up my baton and I start to regret. I don't even have a gun. I inch towards the stairs, to find bloodied bodies on the ground. Thankfully, none were dressed in a police officer uniform. I grab a gun from the ground, carefully approaching the corridoor on the 3rd floor. I hear more gunshots being fired.

 

I run up to the officers as soon as I see them. I walk to Jungkook who was aiming his gun at a knob, firing a bullet at it. I cringe at the loud fire the gun produced but I push Jungkook away. He widens his eyes, ''Hyosung, why are you here?''

 

I hold up my baton, hitting the lock on the knob as hard as I can. It knocks off, and I smirk. Jungkook nods, leading his pack of officers in. I follow. Inside, a man was sitting on the chair, back facing us. His gaze seemed to be fixed on the computer. He chuckles, turning around slowly. On the computer, I see the words, 1 minute written boldly across. He steps foward, revealing his face. He walks to Jungkook, snatching his gun but Jungkook knock him off. He chuckles again, and I start to think I'm in a mental aslyum. He grabs a gun from the gun and blow his brains out with it.

 

I gasp, but I head to the computer. There wasn't any time to waste. I try to type in various codes in attempt to hack the system but it didn't work at all. I look out of the window, to notice a whole group of officers and medics standing idle in front of the building. But one catches my eye. Taehyung was approaching the suicide bomber. What the .

 

I groan, continuing to type codes. Jungkook comes over, and he punches a few key. I notice there is only 10 seconds left. I look out of the window again, Taehyung was less than 7 feet away from him. 

 

9

 

Jungkook seems more focused but I am just next to him, panicking.

 

8

 

I notice on the side of the screen, was a a code. It seemed to be the type of bomb being used on the suicide bomber. and it wasn't good. Based on my field experience, it was the type to bomb everything at the metre radius of 50 feet. Which meant - everyone surrounding this area would be dead. Including me.

 

6

 

Sweat begins to roll off my forehead, and my hand shiver vigurously. 

 

3

 

I shut my eyes close and I brace myself for the loud boom. It was coming to an end, it really was, wasn't it? I cover my ears in attempt to block out the sound but who am I kidding? I'll die anyway.

 

1

 

But nothing happens. I hear nothing, there's nothing. I flutter my eye open, and I see Jungkook collapse on the ground, panting heavily, relief filling his eyes. I wrap my arms around him, estatic. ''You did it, Jungkook!''

 

''Of course I did, I'm amazing.'' he says, and I laugh at his comment. I peek out of the window, but I notice Taehyung is gone. I frown, running out of the room I was in. On the end of the flight of stairs, I notice he is sparring with another man. I widen my eyes, my feet rooted to the ground. The man was wielding a knife, and all Taehyung had was a baton. The man was almost 2 metres tall, heck, what was Taehyung thinking? Taehyung leaps above the man, pushing him to the ground.

 

I admit, that was surprising. But the guy doesn't let his guard down, he lifts his knife, holding it up to Taehyung's abdomen. I search through my pocket for my gun, holding it up as I aimed at the guy. Just as I was about to shoot, he flips Taehyung over, him hovering above Taehyung now. I shut my eyes close, gripping the gun tight, I shoot. 

 

I snap my eyes open, to find Taehyung pushing the guy off him. I smile, I did it. Taehyung looks up, his eyes meeting mine. He gives me a assuring smile. I step foward, and he englufs me in a tight hug. 


here you go, an action filled epilogue! i hoped you enjoyed it, pleasee don't forget to leave comments on what you think about the epilogue! as well as you would like bonus chapters(where i basically write about what has happened after the hospital incidents).