W.C. part 7

Window Cracks

*(bows down) I'm really sorry for updating after 327515911342 years. I feel like I neglected my fellow Minwoo shippers out there, so now that I posted (finally) another chapter, I hope it could fill up your crave for Minwoo as well.

*Let's spread the Minwoo love!

 

“Apart from your bratty attitude, I just discovered how much of a liar are you, and that you’re my boyfriend’s (woah, that sounded natural rolling from my own tongue, I guess I could get used to it, he thought) ex. So I wonder why the hell I agreed to talk with you.”

The shorter man tries to be as intimidating as possible, though he just ended up being more like a cute angry puppy (not that the younger one would tell that, he doesn’t need another surprise smack on the head, he just had his hair sport a new style so, no thanks). If looks could kill, Taehyun would be already pierced straight between the eyes. He just shrugged his imagination and proceeded with letting his self be heard (of course he should have the last say, he believes).

“Well, what’s the difference now that you know I’m gay, and the one who caught your boyfriend’s attention first before you? We’re not even serious with that relationship before.”

Cough.

‘’More like, you were using him for your own good. I heard you’ve dated him once to confirm if you really swing that way, but when you realized you’re the same as him and me, you just dumped him for the sole reason of being bored  with his antics and him not being your actual type of guy. How nice.’’

“We already don’t like each other from that start, so what’s the big deal? And it’s better that way right, you found each other.”

“Now that you’ve said that, give me a good reason why should I help you now and disguise as a woman again (though he must say, wearing skirt is comfortable)? And don’t use the destiny card or good guy card, or anything to make me feel sorry towards you. No chance kiddo, no chance.”

Teahyun sighed in defeat. Of course it’s impossible to use ‘Hye Jin’ now as a reason to avoid him being pushed to a person he doesn’t even know and in the least case, doesn’t hit him as that attractive but only plainly pretty. It doesn’t help him that he’s gay to the core as well.

Before his eyebrows beat its own record for having the most slant angle when frowning, his thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice.

This is the first time I’m thanking that you’re just in time to come and save my from being further discouraged.

“Taehyun oppa! I searched for you everywhere and you’re just here sitting outside the café you always go to. How did I overlook such a fact, well,now- who’s this?”

“I thought you’ve made it clear that you’re gay?”

By the glimmer in Jinwoo’s eyes, the taller guy could tell what ideas he’s brewing in his mind, but before he could clear things out, the newly arrived one decided to cut in.

“Oh no, is he the reason why you’re not interested with dating anymore?!”

“So she knows you’re gay. So what are you two?”

Their minds seem to sink in confusion, shown in their faces. So before they drown further by not saying a word, Taehyun decided to pull them out from their reverie.

“Yes I’m gay, but he’s definitely not the reason I rejected you Irene and those countless faceless girls mom throws at me. if it was him, I might end up just dating you instead. That’s how worse a person he is.”

“Really?! There’s a chance that you’ll date me for real? Wait, I’m not sure if I should take that as a compliment or sarcasm.”

Poor girl, liking someone that goes by the name Taehyun. With that kind of idol-like face, I expected her to like someone better.

“Whatever, let’s just go somewhere else to have some peace and quiet,” and he stomped loudly while dragging a whining Irene, who’s now interested to know the wide-eyed boy more.

--

December 30, 2015

Last two nights before a new beginning, and I’m already afraid. I’ve accepted the real me now, and Mino being the person I could never push away, helped me with that. Yet, I still fear the days to come. New year means starting a new chapter as well, and a new diary recorder for that matter, of what else that’ll be laid in front of our eyes for the future, I’m not sure and I don’t want to think about getting older without a plan. But I don’t have. I’m clueless as usual.

I’m not even sure if we could last that long. Long time has been wasted, we want to fill the new hours with better memories, with lesser ramblings if he tries to be not as idiotic, yet I still feel empty. But it’ll be fine as long as I stick through it and keep on liking him, right?

---

Now that they’re officially a couple, Jinwoo still finds it awkward every single time they act as lovers whether they’re seen by the public’s judging eyes or even within the safety of their homes. Like when Mino pulled him into his lap, or the time when they cuddled on the couch while watching a cliché romantic comedy movie the tanned guy chose but doesn’t give attention to, or that moment when he accepted the younger one’s kiss on the cheeks (which earned Mino some bruises on the process). Every change happened so fast Jinwoo feels like it’s all in blur.

Every time Mino tries to be as sweet as possible (like those guys the doe-eyed male admired on the dramas he finds time to watch on his laptop) Jinwoo cringes and shrinks away, like they’re supposed to just behave the same way before. As if he wanted a mere companion and not some rice charming straight out from a boring fairytale.

Mino wants affection and adoration, to the same degree as he showers the other, but he understands. He should not push him much just because the older one admitted that he likes him and is willing to try, this doesn’t mean he’ll be able to adjust with the relationship twist in a snap.

It doesn’t help that he had raised his voice (well, he’s the jealous type) after discovering Taehyun’s connection with his beloved hyung. It might sound selfish, but Mino’s not the sharing type when it comes to those he loves, such as his cap collection, or his own portfoilo of random drawing and raw sketches. And Jinwoo’s on top of that list now.

All of a sudden, a kiss.

Unexpected, yet Mino didn’t claim more, and Jinwoo’s not moving away and accepted it.

It will never be the measure of how much they love each other, yet it is enough to  make them feel loved, to feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

It wasn’t the first time Mino’s affection was accepted, but it was their first kiss since they had a silent agreement of being together, and he thinks they truly have a chance of rewriting their history for good.

That kiss made the younger one feel the summer sun’s lingering warmth despite of the winter chills sneaking towards them. To the other, It made him feel like he just drank his favorite tea when he’s seeking for a good night slumber to ignore the awake and busy world.

 Jinwoo was the first to break the kiss, heart pounding on his chest, cheeks flushed, even though it was only their lips that touched. Even though it was simply a chaste kiss, unlike those first kiss that’s filled with lust he has seen on dramas, yet it’s enough for him.

To Mino, it was fine (more than fine he must say), and he understands. Knowing the Jinwoo now, after too many incidents from their past, the seconds ago was already a big leap.

“I look forwardi n living every day with you hyung. You won’t leave my side, right? I’ll make sure that I’ll stay beside you as well. I won’t promise, and I can’t say that I can live up to your expectations, I don’t have any idea what might happen tomorrow, to what’s ahead of us whether we’ll have a smooth ride or there’ll be a road block. But right now, I’ll just do my best to make you happy and not regret your decision to accept me back.”

One flick on the forehead, followed by a smack on the head, a slap on the shoulder followed by more acts of a sadist (Mino’s lucky enough that Jinwoo’s a deer witout antlers, if he had one, the taller one would be rushed in the hospital by this time).

“Jinu hyung! I’m just being the sweet boyfriend here and yet this is what I receive from you,” and he pouted (kind of an exaggerated pout I must say) to emphasize that he is hurt.

“Tsk, childish. Stop being like that.”

“Like what hyung?” Mino leamed forward to tease the other, thus he received another blow, right on the face.

“Hyung?!”

“Stop making me feel embarrassed! Don’t use those kinds of words again, okay?!” and feeling blood rushing to his face, he immediately covered it to avoid embarassing his self further.

But it simply encouraged Mino more.

“Aaw! Hyung is so cute. I love you, I love you, I love you!” and another kiss landed on top of Jinwoo’s hands still on his blushing face.

“Yah!”

This means another round of slaps and punches.

But Mino accepts it all. He fell in love with a fighter and he doesn’t care if his always full of bruises if it’s all from Jinwoo. He just falls in love more. Like opposite poles of a magnet, he’ll stick with his hyung.

---  

“Seriously oppa, just marry me.”

“Irene-”

“I know, I know, got no chance there. About the guy earlier, what’s his name?”

“Jinwoo,” he answered in a flat tone.

“I didn’t expect him to be your type.”

“Obviously, he’s not my type. I’d rather take his brother out than date him and fight for hours as if we’re in a debate competition.”

“I knew it, of course you’re not into that sweet innocent faces and all ‘cause that’s like me and you’re not dating me  and- wait. Then does that mean the one that gives off the attractive vibe for you is his brother?”

“I just used him for comparison and you’re taking my words to a different level.”

“Well, I’m the only one who agreed to stay and be your ‘girl’ friend after those horrible set-up dates, so I’ll dig in and be as nosy as possible. You can say it’s my nature. So who’s this brother of your foe again?”

“It’s Seungyoon. There, happy?”

“Wait, he has the same name as that street performer who does exhibitions once in a while using his skateboard…”

“That’s because they’re the same person.”

“You know him too?!”

Despite of the lady’s sudden rise in tone, Taehyun did not even flinched. Well, that’s his nature.

“We might have talked about it once, that’s all. Now shut up and let me finish these coffee and cake in peace. That’s what we’re looking for when we left earlier, right?”

Before Irene could retort, Taehyun immediately silenced her using a large chunk of chocolate marble cake, making her look like a squirrel munching on nuts.

They don’t know that the person they’re talking about watches them through the glass walls of the café.

Seungyoon doesn’t understand, but Taehyun makes him feel intruiged. This aura of confidence surrounding the other, makes him want to see his face when he’s not wearing make-up or not dressed with articles of clothing to die for. He ‘s simply interested to see Taehyun as the usual cocky Taehyun, unwrapped of all the pretentions.

And Taehyun doesn’t have a single idea.

Well, they’re the same anyways. Both interested yet trying to convince that they’re not despite of their gaze falling on each others’ face.

What am I thinking? I’m straight, I’ve always been straight…. Am I the same as hyung? It’s not that I hate him for being him, it’s just that… mom and dad wouldn’t want to hear me saying these. What should I do…

It feels like he knows the answer, he just won’t let it slip from his tongue so easily.

“Seungyoon?”

“Lay hyung! Nice to see you here, you’re always just in time. you always know when to come out and call us.”

The dimpled guy just smiled, that cute and innocent smile as always, yet his brows are furrowed in confusion (well, most of the time when he forgets something, he’s like that though).

The younger guy just laughed in return and enthusiastically slung an arm over the still confused Lay and pulled him for a walk. They chat every now and then, since Lay’s been such a good friend to his older brother, why not treat him kind as well?

He doesn’t know he’s got the attention of the person that has caught his eyes as well.

 

*I know, I've slipped some Kangnam moments here, and yes, a failed Minwoo fluffy moment, but I've already wrote it down and I couldn't bear to change it or pull it out.

*Hope you've enjoyed the minutes you've let pass by reading this.

xoxo