W.C. part 4

Window Cracks

*Another chapter added, I'm missing these guys.

#minwooislove

 

 

Window cracks part 4

“You need to go home hyung. They need you there. Mom’s been so worried about you.”

“No, I won’t come with you. Tell them I’m fine here and they got nothing to worry about, and they need to stop being paranoid.”

“But-”

“I know everything now, you don’t need to stutter anymore ‘cause it’s always obvious that you’re lying.”

Silence His brother felt guilt, through all those times that they hid Jinwoo’s past in fear that it will just hurt him further, yet in reality it didn’t do him any good. The gap between them and Jinwoo just got wider, though he knows that his brother is always there and is willing to help him. Theirs is a brotherhood already deep to be broken.

Seeing his brother bow his head low and look like a lost puppy, he held him in his shoulders and smiled genuinely.

“It’s fine. No need to worry about me”

“I’m sorry, but they won’t allow me to come back without you, so if you still care with this brother of yours, start packing now, I’ll wait for you in the living room”

“They won’t lock you out Seungyoon. Between us, you’re the good kid. They don’t have anything against you, so stop worrying and decide for yourself even for this one time. You know I care about you, a lot, but this is my decision, and this won’t change for a long time. And, in case they actually put a sign that says, keep out, you could always come here and stay with me. I’m all alone here after all.”

Before Seungyoon could answer back, a knock broke their conversation. After opening the door to either welcome or knock out whoever found time to bother them early in the morning (again), what he saw was someone he didn’t expect, someone he almost forgot.

“Hi! I came here last night but no one’s answering so I thought it’s either you’re not home yet or you’re asleep already,  so I decided to come here today, and I brought coffee.”

“You’re the unicorn guy.”

Gentle giggle bubbled from the other guy’s mouth, that almost made Jinwoo laugh as well, but, you guessed it right, he decided to keep a serious face in hopes of intimidating the guy who didn’t faltered to approach him.

“You remembered that? Thank you.”

“Huh? You’re weirder than I thought.”

“So as you, you’re face and attitude doesn’t match at all. Before you address me as the unicorn guy when I greet you in the hallway, let me formally introduce myself. I’m Yixing, but you can call me Lay.”

“What’s with the nickname?”

“My friends decided to call me that, and it stayed with me until now.”

Jinwoo slowly nod his head in understanding, though he doesn’t want to show him being too comfortable with the new guy, for the actions and words he receive from Lay just reminds him more of Mino, who just left yesterday due to his parents’ wish.

Though he already knows his real past that was hidden from him, he still doesn’t want to look fragile to anyone, even with his brother to whom he’s most attached to.

“Ehem, would you just stand there and chat or would you like to introduce him to me hyung?”

He should not be nervous, but the part he hates is, he’s feeling his hands get clammy at the moment, despite of the fact that there’s nothing he should worry about his current situation. It’s not as if Lay is there to pull off the part Mino failed to fulfill.

”He’s… He’s Yixing. A new neighbor.”

“That’s all? You sure?”

“Yah!”

Seungyoon immediately covered his head to block any assault his brother was planning, yet, Jinwoo landed the attack into his tummy without him noticing the change in his direction, which almost made him cuss. Fortunately, he was able to hide the pain well to look tough to the new guy in his older brother’s life.

“Hi, I’m Yixing, but you can call me Lay.” His single dimple got deeper with his wide smile, making him look more like a kid who won’t plot any bad things against you. But Seungyoon is not easily swayed, especially when his hyung is involved. Though he acts all soft and sweet when it comes to Jinwoo, he’s an overly protective brother who wants to ensure that no one’s gonna hurt his kind brother.

Before Jinwoo could get hold of Lay’s presents, Seungyoon raced to his hands first and grabbed the free breakfast.

“I’ll have the first sip and bite, to ensure that this guy hasn’t put anything that can harm you hyung.”

“You’re being paranoid like our parents Seungyoon.”

“Am not! And you, you can go now.”

After assuring that his younger brother has gone to the kitchen, he bowed his head a little as an apology to the guy who hasn’t brought him anything but kindness.

“I’m sorry for my brother’s actions. He’s just… like that.”

“Nah, it’s fine, I’m going to my work anyways, and I just wanted to give you those. It’s the first time I saw your brother here, is he new here or it’s just me not seeing him around that much? I’m sorry, am I being too nosy?”

Crease formed on Jinwoo’s forehead, as if to say that Lay asked the wrong question.

“You’re asking that now? You’ve always been nosy anyways. He just arrived this morning, and I guess you’ll be seeing more of him from now on.”

“Well, I don’t mind.”

“Of course you won’t mind, we’re all living in the same building.”

“It’s not that. I’m thinking, he’ll not be as welcoming as you, with his reaction and all. But he’s your brother after all, so I don’t mind if he starts to become harsh.”

“When did I become warm and hospitable to you?”

“I’m the visitor; I’m the one who can tell if the host is great. And in my own point of view, you are one fine host.”

“You should really go to a psychiatrist and have your brain checked. You don’t think right anymore. Did you just say that you’ll be going to work? You’ll be late if you don’t start moving now.”

“Oh right! I almost forgot. Bye Jinwoo! Eat well!”

Mino left but it seems he forgot one of his tentacles here.

----

“Hey hyung. Is that Lay trying to hook up with you?”

His younger brother pointed at Jinwoo as if he’s guilty of some crime he’s not even familiar of.

“Really Seungyoon? That’s the best words you could say? To clear things, no he’s not. He’s just trying to be bothersome in meddling with anyone’s life.”

“But hyung, he’s acting like Mino hyung before he admitted that he’s always been an admirer of yours.”

“Think whatever you like, I’ll just go back to sleep and be happy.”

“Oh no Jinwoo hyung, I’m not allowing you to go back to sleep again. Let’s just go to an amusement park or the arcade, I’ll treat you.”

“Don’t pull me around Seungyoonniee! I’m still your hyung.”

“Don’t be such a kill joy, if ever our parents decided to throw me out, might as well enjoy this day first. Let’s gp!”

---

“Wow, just wow. You just soiled my new Balmain jacket with that bubble tea of yours. How nice.”

“Stop with the sarcasm please, we’ve already said our apologies to you. And why would you even wear that kind of clothes when you’ve planned to be here in an amusement park? You’re not going to a photo shoot.”

“Your sorry won’t clean this mess, huh, never mind. It’s a waste of time arguing with the likes of you.”

“You’re too sassy I wanna strangle you.” Jinwoo said in a hushed tone.

“Tsk. Petty people.”

After the stranger is out of their sight, Seungyoon turned his attention to his older brother who looks like a bull with ears and nose smoking in annoyance.

“I’m sorry hyung, I’ve brought you into a trouble, I’m not usually this clumsy. Let’s just go home.”

“It’s fine. And you said you would treat me today right? I won’t let that opportunity pass.” A playful smile filled his lips and he pulled his brother immediately before he could protest.

After spending their free time with various rides and a few games of hoops and gun fights, they decided to settle in a burger joint near the Ferris wheel to suffice their empty stomachs.

“You’re too old to ride in the roller coaster hyung, have you seen your face after the first few minutes? You’re as pale as my white guitar. Hahaha!”

“Right Yoon, just laugh it all now because I’ll gonna beat you in that horror house later.”

“You could not even finish one horror movie alone and that’s the challenge you’ve thought about?”

“I’ll beat you this time and- hey! What are you doing?!”

Before he could protest more, he was pulled out from his seat and was dragged into the van in front of the burger joint. Seungoon was left with his mouth hanging, jaw dropped to the floor, frozen in spot, he wasn’t able to follow his brother’s captor (at least his stomach is full by now).

----

“What the hell?! Who do you think you are?!”

“You told me you’re sorry right? And I told you that your words won’t change a thing, so I’m giving you a chance now to pay me back.”

“What? You seriously think that I’m in debt with you and I’ll follow whatever you say?”

“Yes you will, it’s wither you follow me, or I’ll let your brother take your place to pay me. Either choice you suffer, but what’s more doable for you?”

“Yah! You cat with droopy eyebrows and weird hair part! How dare you to order me around?!”

“How dare you to call me names?!”

The atmosphere between them grew heavy, as if there’s an upcoming storm and their currently within the eye. If heavy gaze could produce charge, sparks would be flying off their eyes by now.

“Hyung?! Jinwoo Hyung! What did this bastard do to you?! If ever I saw any bruise on my brother you’re dead!”

“Whatever. So, have you decided already?”

After hearing the question, Seungyoon gripped his brother’s right hand and caged it between his two hands, concern seen in his eyes.

“What is this cat-boy trying to say hyung?”

“Hey I’m not a cat okay?!”

“I’m not talking to you!”

“Stop, both of you!”

As if on cue, silence captured their mouths, with Jinwoo looking smugly satisfied with the command in his voice.

“Fine, I’ll work for you just to pay for the mess we did earlier, so, what would I need to do?”

“First, I need to buy some girl’s clothes…”

“I don’t have any idea when it comes to ladies clothing picks; you’ve chosen the wrong person to assist you with that.”

“And a wig…”

“Wig? Where would you need that?”

“I don’t need your opinion, of what’s the trend in fashion, or where should I use things that I buy, I just need you to follow every single thing I say and you’ll be fine.”

“What?”

“We need to rush, I’ll have someone o your make-up and what’s your shoe size?”

“Honestly, what would you really tell me to do?”

“You just have to act as a girl, you don’t need to speak. Okay? Let’s go!”

“What the heck!? Seungyoon, help me! Take me away from this insane guy!”

“Hyung!”

Could this day get any more worse that yesterday? Mino, this would be the nice time for you to suddenly pop out of nowhere and give me a hand to escape from this adversity!

 

 

*So the new neighbor is Lay!  I'm sorry, I just felt that Jinwoo looks good on any pairing, so you would see more of that in here. Who do you think is the sassy guy? Hehehe. It could be anyone, really.

*Who do you think looks better with Jinwoo? Lay or Mino? Or do you have any other person in mind?