W.C. part 2

Window Cracks

*So after all the tension from the past intrams and hiphop competition, I've found the time to update again, but I'm not feeling well, so... I hope you won't throw crumpled papers at me after reading this.

*Minwoo is Love

 

September 27, 2014

I hate this day. I should be sleeping on my own bed, the heck, I’d even sleep on the floor than go out and try to have fun as what Seungri hyung said but I’ m here in the midst of choosing what to wear. The hell, why am I even giving an effort here? Right, I’d just wear clothes hideously so that date of mine would just back off and not try to hook up with me. It’s always effective and will always be- right… except for that monkey guy. If he only stop from being a creep that he is, or if only I could travel to the other side of the globe just to be far away from him.

 

After checking for any possible chances of an intruder while he’s away from home, he grabbed his recorder and slipped it within one of the hidden pockets of his gray hoodie. Started to drag himself out his room and towards the ‘sanctuary’ of the mastermind of the blind date (or should he say the factory of evil plans).

What he didn’t expect to see at his door’s footstep was a tall male (he really should not straighten too much, he’s tall already no need to flaunt it) who seemed to ponder on whether he should knock or just walk away and was caught contemplating so decided to just smile widely (awkwardly is the right word).

“Oh, hi!”

“I’m going somewhere. Don’t bother me.”

“Really? I could give you company if you want.”

“You heard me clearly right? Don’t bother me. And don’t try to intrude in everything I do.”

“Um, okay. I’ll just come back tomorrow-”

“What i mean is, don’t intrude in my life, ever, again.”

What jinwoo said left the other male (who’s looking like he tried to spick and span and smart with the help of a wire-rimmed glasses but failed to fix his hair that he ended up looking like an ahjussi) clinging to his shirt where the heart is located, as if to show he was deeply hurt.

He saw genuine concern in the tanned male’s eyes but decided to brush it off from his mind and continued to move to the reason of him coming out from his own sanctuary.

***

 

“Stop doing that will you?” Jinwoo harshly pushed the girl named Chorong away, because it was the nth time she tried to kiss him and fail because the deer guy (who I believe can be prettier than the said girl if he try to) keep on showing his dislike for the aggressive actions.

“Wait... are you gay?!” Chorong asked, showing a shock expression as if he discovered that he tried to show intimate affection to a guy who’s got a hideous disease. Jinwoo got more irritated with every second that passes and decided to just ignore the girl (who’s torn with just walking away and forget the date or try to succeed in attracting the male).

“Nah, on second thought, I don’t sense any gayness in you. But actually, you do look feminine,” her statement earned another glare from the pale-skinned boy. Every action, her slurring words show that she’s already drunk. He , on the other hand, didn’t even show up any sign of being taken over by alcohol (though he admits he’s a little tipsy, surely, just a little).

“Or is it because, you haven’t been kissed yet?” she asked again, wriggling her eyebrows in the process, pouted her lips (which is one of the most disgusting actions that he seen, Jinwoo decides)and moved closer in attempt to give him butterfly kisses all over his adorable face (really, who can’t stand Jinwoo’s cuteness?). Before he could yank the girl’s hands (claws) off him again, Chorong was already pulled away by an unexpected ‘friend’ (he should have sensed his presence in over a mile radius, proving that he’s an alien).

Before he could react, he was dragged away from the loud sounds and mixed scent of alcohol and sweat, towards a black motorbike designed with galaxy blue graffiti of words he couldn’t understand at the moment.

“What went into your head and you decided to visit that place?!” for the first time, he saw the other side of Mino, being angry fit his masculine image, like being dominant was his nature (but let’s face it, it’s Mino we’re talking about).

“Why the hell do you care?! Stop being like an overprotective and clingy b-brother!”

“I’m the one who’ll decide if I’ll stop or not. This is the first time I’m seeing you waste your life! Do you even like the girl you’ve gone out with? Do you?”

Mino’s eyes seem to expect an answer that he wants to hear, his hurt expression tells so.

“I don’t like her, so what? Surely, she’s not even serious about this going out and flirting with a guy like me. And of course it’s your first time to see me like this because you’ve just met me for being the obnoxious tour guide that you are and you’ve been pestering me since that day! And why am I even giving time to explain myself here?!”

“Because you’re my Jinu! The heck, I can’t stand this pretending game anymore! We’re fine before all of those disasters. We’ve- we’ve been always fine...”

“What. Do. You. Mean? Answer me! Why won’t you talk when I’m giving you the chance?!”

Silence.

“Because... I’m not even sure if I want you to remember. I thought after what happened, after I saw that you already recovered, we could just start anew... but it’s definitely harder than I thought.”

Jinwoo felt her hands tremble, though he is not even sure the real reason behind it. He want to get angry and trash the other male’s words, to make himself believe that Mino’s just being his weird self and all that he said are just the product of his malfunctioning brain.

Though, after looking straight in the eyes of the taller guy (who seems to cower in frustration, as if he wants the shadows to engulf him at the moment), he realized everything is real.

There was so much more he wants to know.

“Can you just stop with all those introductions as if I need those?! I definitely hate cliff-hangers.”

Instead of a full-blown explanation, all he got was the silent treatment (though he admits he loves the silence, it’s a different story in this kind of situation) and he just wants to throw all the cusses he remembers but was cut off when he saw him returning his gaze.

What he saw was, longing, pain, and fear. Of what, he didn’t know.

“Jinwoo hyung... just please don’t ask. I won’t bother you anymore after this, that I can assure you... just... don’t do this again, okay? You’re too precious to me, so please... don’t do anything that might bring you harm... again,” he said it softly like a whisper, but Jinwoo heard it all clearly. Mino held the trembling hands of the other endearingly, and Jinwoo can’t help himself but resign to the tight clasp on him. For the first time, he willingly let someone hold him without giving a glare or scoff in return. It doesn’t seem like him, but he felt calm, as if he has missed this part of him.

Before he could interrogate the younger guy (which he saw as a man for the first time, and not as an alien or monkey  that he has always imagined him to be), Mino has already put a helmet on his head and led him to his motorbike as a companion on the ride towards home.

***

 

For the first time, he was submissive (and a guy like him made him do this, and what made him more agitated was he don’t find this cringe-worthy at all, as if this was bound to happen, though he has always told his self that he doesn’t swing that way), and though he doesn’t want to admit it, he felt carefree for the first time as well, with the breeze flowing and his hands on the other’s waist.

He felt contentment. And he was afraid of his growing attachment.

“About what you said...”

“I mean it hyung. There’s no need to ask. I guess this is the last time you’ll be thinking on ways to throw me out of your life. You take care of yourself, okay? You won’t like me showing up at unlikely hour just because you made me worried, right?”

He didn’t know what to give as an answer. He’s always told himself that the day Mino decided to walk away would be one of the day he would mark on his calendar. He always imagined it to be happy and be a reason for a celebration, not this way; it shouldn’t be making him feel empty.

What the heck is wrong with me?!

Before he could construct his thoughts well, Mino has already left.

And it left him more confused.

***

 

He let his bed’s invitation consume him, and it was almost three hours before he decided that Somnus, the god of sleep won’t be visiting him, so he let his mind wander again to the events (more like, series of unfortunate events) that occurred that day. All he got was a dizzy mind, and he wishes his migraine won’t follow suit.

“What does that even mean?!”

Jinwoo felt like a bomb about to burst that he almost throw his diary-recorder on the nearby wall (but he managed not to, thanks to his self-restraint) but he clasped it tighter and turned it on.

September 28, 2014

If I can find someone who can give me the answers I want, of course, except for that alien Mino, I’ll forever be grateful to you. I don’t know how to clear those things from my mind, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to forget it. What are the things that I should have remembered? What am I really to him? Why does it felt like he know me so well? Who the hell are you really Mino?!

Aargh!

This is what I wanted right? Now I could go on peacefully with my life. I... I shouldn’t worry about it. He’s still that annoying brat. He’ll always stay like that.

Starting today I could rest well.

 

Despite his words full of conviction, he doubts himself.

A week has passed without any unwanted knocks on the door, no annoying visitor, no loud mouth that would tempt him to use his hidden electric tape (you won’t be sure when you suddenly need one), thus he should be relieve, right?

Unfortunately, Jinwoo just felt emptier.

To pass time and not let boredom kill him, he started cleaning his apartment (that he haven’t done since he can’t remember when) and started choosing the unwanted items on a starting to rise mound of rubbish (which are mostly hidden papers or plastics on unexpected places, like, how did a ball of crumpled paper managed to sneak in within his pillow without him noticing it?) but he decided to stop for a while when he discovered a navy blue box placed below his bed.

It doesn’t show any sign of being special and it shouts plain, without any design or even a ribbon, but his curiosity (which is unusual for him) took him over. He felt sure he owns it (because why would it be within his home, under his own bed?).

Though, he wasn’t prepared for what he saw.

There are pictures of him and Mino, with dates and small notes written at the back. He is sure of one thing- they’ve been happy together travelling and discovering escapades unknown to others before. Every single shot of them shouts happiness, and he felt frustrated because he’s sure it should have triggered something within him.

There was one showing them playing with the snow in Sapporo. Another has both of them grinning because of their silly couple shirt while enjoying the view at Tokyo Tower.  The next one was on their trip to Hong Kong Disneyland; he was wearing a Mickey Mouse headband, while Mino was wearing a magician’s hat. And he was just at the top portion of the pile. Every moment seems surreal, but it left him hollower. He was totally blank though what he expected was memories surging in.

What caught his attention next was a midnight blue envelope (what was wrong with everything being in various shades of blue? It doesn’t help him at all, it just seems to mock him more), and discovered that it wasn’t pried open yet. Without thinking twice, he decided to become the first reader of a mystery letter.

September 26, 2013

Hello my Jinu hyung.

I want to greet you another happy birthday, and I’m sure this is not the last time I’ll be thankful for having you in my life. You’re still sleeping like a bear in hibernation right now while I’m writing this letter, and I’m looking at your peaceful face. By the way, you totally look more like a deer right now’ though you’ll always be a lot cuter, of course.

I’m truly sorry, I’m feeling like I don’t deserve someone as kind as you, and what you did is nothing compared to the sweetest thing I did for you.

I’m sure I won’t be able to get angry at you once you wake up, therefore I’ll say my rants through this letter. NEVER EVER try to do that again!!!!! You almost gave me a heart attack. You should have

 

The letter was ripped into half, as if someone has already read it and decided to not let Jinwoo see the latter part, for what reason, he’s not sure. He felt a pang in the chest, for he just pushed Mino harshly, the only person he’s now sure had cared for him so much, and he felt like an idiot.

Yet, everything about him seems like puzzle pieces slowly filling in. And the only person he knows that can help him finish, was the same person who promised not to show his self anymore.

“I mean it hyung. There’s no need to ask. I guess this is the last time you’ll be thinking on ways to throw me out of your life. You take care of yourself, okay? You won’t like me showing up at unlikely hour just because you made me worried, right?”

The last words of the tanned male rang within his mind, and an idea hit him.

He just hopes it won’t backfire at him straight on the face.

 

*Alright! Part 2 is now finished, so I hope you would still be as patient in waiting for part 3, or the ending (though I don't want to end this myself, haha) so it's a wrap up for now.

*Thanks to all who've read and subscribed.

*Lovelots (throws confetti to the readers)