Who are you?!

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                L.Joe
                I woke up to the sound of the hotel phone ringing. It seemed that Niel had already woken up but went back to Changjo and Ricky’s room since technically that was his room. He just didn’t want to sleep there. I carefully moved Chunji’s arm from around me and went to go pick up the phone. Who could be calling us? No one we know could call a random hotel in Oregon and no one else would have any reason to call us.
                “Hello.’ I said in English once I answered the phone. No one answered though. I knew someone was on the other side of the line because I could hear their heavy breaths on the other side of the line. “Hello? I can hear you breathing.” I thought maybe if I told whoever they were they
would give up the act and just talk. However another minute went by without saying a word. Just when I decided to hang up though they finally spoke, however I wished afterward they had stayed silent.
                “Lee Byunghun. I’ve been watching you around town.” I suddenly got very scared by the foreign voice. His voice was deep, almost so deep that it sounded inhuman. I knew for sure I had never heard this man in my life before though, more sure about that then I was about my own state of mind.
              “W…w…who are you? How do you k…know my name?” I couldn’t help my stuttering as worst case scenarios on who this was spiraled through my head.
                “Nervous Byunghun. I recommend you go talk to someone about that stutter.” His voice sounded creepy and rough the more he talked. The longer this went on the more I wanted to drop the phone and run to Chunji. Thankfully he heard me and was now looking up with a curious look. I looked at him with a desperate look making him concerned. He got out of bed and quickly went up to me staying quiet since he could see I was on the phone. He pulled me into his chest wondering what was happening. My breathing got quicker when the man replied to my silence. “Getting your boyfriend to help you out?  You really are the weakest of them all.”
                My breath was fast and short and I felt like I was going to faint right there. There was no way he could know Chunji came up to me unless he was watching us right now.
                “H…h…how?” Was all I said before I realized in my panic I had forgotten the man was American and I had forgotten to use English in my reply? My Korean speaking was unknown to him and especially since I stuttered there was no way he could tell what I said.
               “What did you say baby? For someone who is supposed to know English you seem to be pretty bad at remembering it. God, C.A.P. was right.” When he mentioned C.A.P. my breaths stopped all together. I wanted to just hang up the phone and cry, not because he said C.A.P. insulted me there was no way C.A.P. could tell him something like that in English and the man obviously didn’t know Korean. I wanted to cry because he was watching us. He was following us and knew personal information about us. He might have C.A.P. and just hearing his voice was enough to tell that he was a scary person that I didn’t want to have any relations with at all.
                “W…w….where is C…C.A.P.” I remembered my English, but it was very hard to understand it. I had stuttered and my words slurred together. Combined with the accent I could tell it was hard for him to hear.
                “What did you say weakling? You don’t get to know where C.A.P. is. The back alley behind your old university building at 6. I will know what you’re planning and where you are at all times, so don’t even consider being late. “With those last words we hung up the phone leaving me with my mouth open staring into space. Barely able to breath I dropped the phone and turned into Chunji.
              

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter