Past Memories

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L.Joe
                After we were done with our happy moments we got back to business. I felt better, still not the same but better. I stuttered less and finally felt like I could join into the conversation. I was still nervous and preferred to be around Chunji but I could stand the other members as well now. As great as I felt though compared to before I really hoped Changjo and Ricky brought back good news. I feared if something had happened to C.A.P. or if something else bad happens that I would revert back to how I was, but worse this time.
                For right now though I’ll be happy with what I have and I’ll just embrace the newfound freedom I felt. We were sitting on the couch when Changjo and Ricky walked through the door.
                “Annyeong!” I said to them wanting to show off before they ruined it with sad news.
                “L.Joe?” Changjo said with a curious look. He and Ricky looked very surprised. “Umm…Annyeong.”
                “We’ve had a revelation of sorts.” Niel said. I don’t know if that’s how I would put me freaking out a crying in the corner but that works I guess.
                “What happened while we were gone?” Ricky asked.
                “Well, I freaked out. Destroyed the bathroom, and then went in a corner and started b…baling my eyes out. Then Niel and Chunji walked in talked to me and afterword’s I’ve been feeling a lot better.” I had slighted stuttered talking about my crying since it seemed kind of embarrassing but overall I did pretty well. My voice was slightly stronger than before.
                “That’s good, I guess. Not the crying part but the end result.” Changjo replied, but the conversation ended there. We were too curious about what they found out.
                “So what did you find?” Chunji asked them.
                “Well, she said she had forgotten to tell us earlier. He said your name L.Joe, your real one. He told her we would understand.” Ricky said and Changjo hugged him bringing him closer.
                “Understand what?” Niel asked. I was thinking this too. Was I supposed to know where he is? There was a slight hitch in my breathing when I thought this but I quickly fixed it not wanting to go back to how I was. Chunji looked concerned but I gave him a look saying I was ok.
                “Let’s just think about this for a little.” Ricky said. They seemed to understand what we all wanted although they seemed more involved with each other at the moment than thinking about what it meant. I understood why though so I wasn’t upset about it. I kind of wanted to do the same but I didn’t want to leave Niel to think of something that apparently I was supposed to know.
                We had been thinking for a while before I finally thought of something. I had lived in America for five years. It hadn’t been a fun time and I had struggled over there but for a period of time but I had lived in Beaverton, Oregon for a while.
                “What if he’s telling us where in the US? I lived in Beaverton.” I said. The thought of going back worried me since; I had no intention of ever going back there when I left. I don’t want to see the people that had isolated me for years, but for C.A.P. I will do it.
                “That has to be it. There’s nothing else it can be.” Ricky replied.
                “Are you ok with going back there?” Chunji asked. I suspected he would ask me since they all knew of the troubles I had when I lived in the states. “I mean I don’t mean to sound overprotective or anything, but I know how much trouble you had there.”
                “I’m not going to say I’m ok because I’m n…not, but since it’s for C.A.P. I’ll do it.” They all looked at me and gave some reassurances.
                “It’s ok. You’ve improved at your English since then and you’ll have us with you this time. It will be fine.” Changjo said. Then we all started packing out bags to leave for a trip to California. I think I was the most worried not only for C.A.P. but for being there. I knew that Niel was decent at English but he couldn’t say specific things. Changjo was just slightly worse than Niel but he could introduce himself and say goodbye, it’s the middle he struggles with. Chunji and Ricky aren’t as good though. There not bad but they know how to say only basic things. When it comes to ordering a bowl of soup there screwed.
                Since I knew all of their skills compared to mine I knew I was the one they would rely on mostly while we were there. I was considered fluent in our group but I’m not as good as the natives. My accent has grown thicker so I worry that I won’t be able to talk as well as I please over there. Not only that but if C.A.P. was really in the states with an American guy he was in trouble. C.A.P. was the worst at English in our group. He pretty much only repeats what others say and can say same and hello. After that he’s pretty confused so for whatever reason he’s over there if whoever is with him expects him to take to him and others, they’ve got a new thing coming.
        I thought of all of this as I packed my bag. I wasn’t really sure what I put in it but I didn’t really care. Then Chunji walked in with a fully a packed bag.
        “Hey sweetie.” He said back hugging me.
        “Hi.” I said back. I leaned my head back and lightly kissed him then went back to finishing up my packing. I was trying to put in all my nice clothes, but I don’t really know why.
        “Are you almost ready?”
                “Ne. Just a few more things.”
                “Good because I need some alone time before the others are done.”
                “Do you really think it’s going to take them that long?”
                “Ricky and Changjo are too occupied with each other to pack fast and when is Niel quick wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter