Realizations

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                L.Joe
                I woke up to see Chunji lay asleep next to me. He was in a different place than before, and I could tell he had just fallen asleep so I didn’t move to get up. Instead I looked at my sweet boyfriend and moved the hair that had fallen over his face. I still couldn’t believe that he was mine. After all this time of silently looking at him when he wasn’t noticing I realize that I could’ve had him all this time. Then I was pulled out of my thoughts by someone tapping my shoulder. I turned around to see Niel with a coat and shoes on ready to go.
                “Good, you’re awake. Ricky, Changjo, and I are going to go out and look some more. We don’t want to wake up Chunji since he looked really tired so can you stay with him and let him know where we went when he wakes up?” He asked with hopeful eyes, I looked around to see Ricky and Changjo impatiently waiting by the door.
                I opened my mouth to reply but no words would come out so I just nodded and turned back to Chunji. This no speaking thing was really getting on my nerves. How do mute people function without being able to tell others what they mean? Luckily I had Chunji, he understood me perfectly. I didn’t need to talk with him. For a while I just sat there and thought not knowing what else to do. I didn’t really need to get up but I had a feeling he was going to sleep for a while and I needed to do something other than lay here, so I slowly sat up. Careful not to wake him I moved across the room to pick up Niel’s game.
                I played it for a while completely demolishing his score, but I couldn’t be happy with the victory. After a couple hours a called Ricky to see how things were going, but they hadn’t found him yet. Looking at the clock he had been gone for about a day now. A day with no word from C.A.P. seemed so strange. Even when we were across the country we were around each other all the time.
                I looked at Chunji to see him stirring in his sleep a bit.  I wonder how long he had been that way. I could tell not long enough, but once he woke up there was no getting him to sleep again. Suddenly he sat up and looked around. There was a panicked look on his face from my absence as he woke up. I ran over to him setting the game down and tapped his shoulder. He sighed when he looked at me and pulled me in to sit on his lap.
                “How did you sleep?” He asked me with a groggy voice. I was determined to talk to him this time, no matter how pathetic it sounded. The more I talk the more I can do it easier maybe.
                “O…o…okay, I…I…g…gue.” I said not finishing the last word but instead lowering my head and talking a breath from forcing out my words. Chunji put his hand on my back and rubbed circles in it hugging me a little.
                “It’s ok, breath. You did well.”
                “H…h…how yo…you h…han…dle?” I asked not following his directions for a second, hoping I could finally get an answer to all my questions.
                “I guess it’s because I know we have to work together, so I haven’t been thinking about it much. I’ve been distracting myself and I’ll thinking about it when we find him.” Chunji said. I just nodded my head as he looked around. I caught my breath when he noticed the other members weren’t there. “Where did Ricky, Changjo, and Niel go?”
                “L…look.”
                “Oh, I see. Do you want to go with them? We’ll change our clothes and head out if you do.” I nodded my head as he stood us up. He held my hand when we walked to our stuff and changed into the first thing we could find realizing we were still in what we wore to school. I think Chunji had called and excused us for today so we didn’t have to worry about it. Tomorrow we wouldn’t be so lucky but I didn’t want to think about it right now. Then we walked out the door and kept looking where we left off yesterday.
                We spent a long time not finding anything still. Every once in a while we would call Niel and switch around who we looked with, I still refused to leave Chunji though. I had been in constant contact with him since he told me and that wasn’t changing. We held hands the whole time and sometimes he would lay his arm over my shoulder and pull me into his chest if we were taking a break. After a long time of not finding anything we finally found something.
                Changjo, Chunji, and I were on the far right side of Jung-go when we saw something tucked behind the register in a shop window.
                “Look, there. It looks like CAP’s hat.” Changjo pointed out before we walked away.
                “Yah, you’re right, let’s go check it out.” Chunji answered. He pulled me into the shop and we asked the shop owner if it she knew who it belonged to.
                “Aniyo. I saw who brought it just came in and asked if he could leave there. He said to not move it please, thanked me, and left in a hurry.” We all looked with a puzzled look on our face. Why would he do that?
                “What did he look like?” Changjo asked.
                “He had chin length brown hair that was halfway pulled up. He looked like he had muscular arms but I couldn’t tell, and he didn’t really talk much other than what I just said.” We knew that it was Cap she was talking about but we didn’t understand why.
                “Can we take his hat? Were close friends.” Chunji asked.
                “Sure help yourself.”
                “Camsamnida.” Chunji and Changjo said in unison. All three of us bowed, grabbed Cap’s hat and left the store immediately calling Neil and Ricky.  The confusion of why and what was going on was running through all our heads. When Ricky picked up Chunji put the phone on speaker so we could all hear.
                “Annyeong.” He said, his tone not nearly as cheerful as it used to be. 
                “Annyeong. We found something.” Changjo answered before Chunji could say a word.
                “What is it?” Niel asked this time. We could hear Ricky agreeing in the background though.
                “It’s his hat. We found it stuck behind a store’s register. The lady at the desk said he just ran in said to leave it there and left in a hurry.”
                “Why? Is there something inside it?” Niel asked us. We looked though the hat but could see nothing.
       

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter