Am I different now?

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                                         L.Joe
After about 3 hours of looking we were tired. It didn’t seem like much but we had run to the places we knew we wanted to look and we hadn’t really eaten anything yet. Not to mention that the weather here was really hot which was a good thing but it was quickly tiring us out and we were sweating from the sun beating down on us.
                “We should c…call the others. Let’s see if they’ve found anything.” I suggested when we had decided to take a break and were sitting on a bench in a park pretty far from where we had started. Chunji took out his phone and called Neil’s number knowing he would be the one most likely to answer.
                “Annyeong.” He quickly replied. He sounded just as tired as us.
                “Have you found anything?” Chunji got straight to the point and didn’t feel like waiting around.
                “Nothing besides a whole new level of awkwardness. These two can’t go five minutes without making out or staring at each other like they want to do it right here and now.” We laughed at his ignorance since we knew when he went with them that Changjo and Ricky are very touchy. We knew they didn’t mean to make him feel awkward and they just loved each other but they have a very obvious way to express it. Even when were just having movie nights they end up doing a heavy make out session right next to us when the fluffy parts come up.
                “Of course they do. It’s them.”
                “I know. It’s just weird being one of the only single people besides C.A.P. but we all know how long that will last.” C.A.P. tended to go through boyfriends really quickly. We think it was because he seems like he has feelings for Niel, but doesn’t want to show them to him so he just gets a boyfriend that he doesn’t really like and dumps in a week and a half.
                “Yeah, we know. Don’t worry you won’t be soon enough.” After those words I tried to think of what to do. We weren’t making progress and this plan wouldn’t work a second time. We got lucky we found the hat, but that luck tends to run out quick with us. “We need a new plan.”
                “Yeah. This is definitely not working. Ricky will you please wait till we are back at the hotel before you do that!” We heard him yell at the two lovebirds. We both laughed and laughed imagining the funny scene.
                “Keep yelling, it’s going to work.” I . So far Chunji had been talking but I liked to make fun of Niel so I took the opportunity.
                “Well, what else do I do?”
                “I don’t know. Yell.” I replied with a laugh. I heard him sigh and go on with the subject trying to ignore my comment.
                “So what should we do?” Niel asked.
                “We should meet back at the hotel. We’ll worry about the rest when we get there.” Chunji answered and then we said our goodbyes and hung up the phone. Rather than walking we decided to pick up a cab. I called one off the street and he stopped letting us get in.
                “Where can I take you?” He asked. Now to see how good my English still is.
                “Umm…the hotel on 9th please?” I couldn’t remember the name so I hoped that was enough.
                “Sure thing.” He said and started the car. He tried to make some conversation with us on the way. Chunji just looked confused with his question though and just nodded along hoping I followed the foreign words. “So where are you from?”
                “We’re from Korea.”
                “Oh, I see. I’ve never been there. I had a friend that went there once, and he said it was pretty cool.”
                “Yah. Some of the places are cool. The food is what’s best in my opinion.” I was a little rusty but it was good enough. The new thick accent I had was annoying but there was nothing I could do about it.
                “Yeah, he said it was really delicious. What’s the best do you think?”
                “Um… I like Hanwoo the best. It’s beef.” After telling him my answer I translated what he said to Chunji.
                “I think my favorite is Kimbab, because we don’t get to eat it often since L.Joe is allergic.” He answered in Korean. I told the driver what he said after glaring at him for a bit.
                “I see. Well, I’ll have to pay a visit sometime. I doubt my Korean will ever be as good as your English though.” I knew he was just being nice and that he most likely will never come to Korea since people in the U.S. do that a lot. I don’t understand why, but different cultures I guess.
                “You can get good. A whole lot better than me, and if not you can definitely be better than Chunji” He laughed knowing who Chunji was since he was the only other person in the car besides us. I knew he wouldn’t get what I said, but it was enough just teasing him a little. Even if he never knew the joke. Half the time he doesn’t get them anyways since when I came back my sense of humor has changed. I use a lot more sarcasm now which was a new think but now we all kind of use it.
                “Well, it was good talking to you but here we are.” He told us; we paid him and got out walking inside the building. I was thankful I didn’t have to try to speak English anymore since it took a lot of concentration and Chunji and I walked to our room holding each other’s hand. While I explained what went on in the cab.
                                                                                        Chunji
                We walked into our room waiting since the others weren’t here yet. I sat on the bed cuddling with L.Joe who looked like he was about to fall asleep. I really wanted to get up and get us something to eat, but I couldn’t disturb him. I couldn’t stop worrying about him. All the walking we had been doing was making him loose more weight. We hadn’t eaten enough to maintain L.Joe’s weight since he lost weight the easiest out of all of us.
                I was also worrying about his fear with this place. He obviously was uncomfortable and wished C.A.P. had told us to go somewhere else. I was glad he was talking again and appeared fine but I felt it wouldn’t last. He still was delicate and I felt things won’t be fixed as easy as they seemed to be. I do think he felt better, but I could tell that depending on what we find it might break him.
                When I looked down next he was sound asleep. He looked so sweet and peaceful. I moved a peace of hair that had fallen in his face and eventually fell asleep after kissing my sweet baby on the cheek and whispering to him to sleep well and long.
                We woke up when Niel and the others walked into our room. They didn’t enter quietly but quickly changed their demeanor when they say L.Joe soundly asleep still. I was the one awoken by them so I gestured to them to come in and looked down at L.Joe silently shaking him awake. I kissed his c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter