A Ready Partner

Deadly Triangle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona POV

The day continues along with me dreading most of it. The thought of being together with Jaejoong made it difficult to concentrate and enjoy myself. I didn't react excitedly or anything when we all tried on the new, fashionable clothing or simply chatted. My friends have asked me repeatedly if everything's alright and I wanted so badly to tell them about my problems. But be that as it may, I have to keep my mouth shut. After 3 hours of the intense struggle in forcing smiles and a positive attitude towards the others, the girls and I finally head out the doors.

"When will we see each other again?" Tiffany whines sadly. "I'm going to be so lonely again." Yuri rolls her eyes and scoffs at her last comment.

"Yah, you have your own boyfriend! Nichkhun, remember? Or have you forgotten him already?" She teases, poking Fany on the shoulder playfully. The latter glares at her, but laughs instead.

"Hey, Yoona," Taeyeon suddenly calls me out. "That guy you were talking to in the food court earlier? Well, he's, uh, sort of standing over there by himself. It looks like he's waiting for you." I whirl around, puzzled. She's right though. Jaejoong is in the parking lot, not too out of range, and leaning against his Mustang coolly, watching us intently. Females who pass him do a double take and stare at his face, almost tripping themselves. I purse my lips nervously and turn to my friends, waving a hand.

"He's probably searching for someone else. Who's up for some ice cream?" I say abruptly, wanting to divert their attention away from Jaejoong. But they're all looking at him now, distracted by his presence.

"I'll go see what he wants," Jessica volunteers happily, taking a willful step in his direction before I pull her back. She faces me, an annoyed expression on her Barbie-like face. "What's wrong, Yoona? Don't want your friend to talk to him?" She asks, then gasps. "I knew it! He is your boyfriend!" Jessica exclaims, lips spreading into a wide, mischievous grin. This is so unlike her usual cold, uncaring self. Though I should expect it; when a hot guy appears and the girls immediately swoon over him. Not that I think Jaejoong's hot or anything. Of course not.

"Hell no, Unnie! It's not that at all! I'll just talk to him myself," I say, letting her go and making my way towards Jaejoong. He straightens and gives me his signature smirk when I approach him.

"Hello, Yoona," he greets me casually then averts his eyes to glance at something behind me. "I see your friend tagged along as well." I frown, turning and letting out a shout when I see Jessica standing directly behind me. I glare at her, mouthing 'Why are you here?' She ignores me and continues to watch the male instead. I slump my shoulders in defeat and face Jaejoong again. But he's staring at Jessica as well, and I'm suddenly forgotten; caught in the middle of an icky, lovey-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter