A Fight & Mistakes

Deadly Triangle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nana POV

"Nana? Yah, wake up!" I feel a light tap on my head, which is leaning against the window. I open my eyes groggily and yawn while stretching my arms. Glancing over, I see Siwan's face up close to mine. I yelp and push him away. "Phew! You're still alive," he says, releasing a breath, "I thought I'd have to tell Yoona about your tragic end. She'd be so devastated." Pfft, as if. I roll my eyes and incline my head towards the view outside. We're at the local mall and people our age are gathered in large groups everywhere. Huh, must be nice to have so many friends to meet with. Though it is the weekend after all. I open the door and lay a sneakered-foot on the ground. Siwan follows as we make our way to the entrance.

"Why did we come here again?" I ask him absentmindedly whilst pushing my way through to the doors. I have the sudden urge to just duck my way out of here and curl up in my bed back at home.

"Because you're lonely, pabo," Siwan replies playfully. I squint my eyes at him and he grins stupidly. We continue to clear a path before finally reaching a spot to catch our breath. Siwan glances around and points in amazement. "No wonder there's so many people here. EXO is going to be performing here." I close my eyes and shake my head. Of course, the day I choose to come to the mall is the day a popular band is coming.

"What are we waiting for then? Let's get out of here!" I begin to walk towards the oncoming crowd again when my cousin pulls me back by my hair. I glare at him, annoyed. "What?!" Siwan wiggles his eyebrows instead.

"I've never seen any celebrities in real life," he explains, "so can we please stay?" He pouts, giving me the puppy-dog eyes that he knows I can't ignore. I sigh in defeat.

"Fine, but I won't enjoy myself," I answer. His lips curve into a smile and he squeals like an obsessive fangirl. I restrain from yelling at him to shut up in public.

"C'mon," he says, "let's find a comfortable place to sit and watch." I follow him reluctantly and end up bumping into a couple of girls along the way, causing one of them to spill her drink. I mumble an insincere apology and try to find my cousin again until they stop me. I stare back helplessly as Siwan's back becomes lost in the crowd.

"Yah! Who do you think you are, ?" The one who dropped her drink scolds me. I turn back and observe them from head to toe. The girls have makeup caked on their faces like clowns and are wearing the slightest articles of clothing, revealing way too much cleavage and bottom. The contents of the girl's drink are on her white top, making it see-through and revealing her bra underneath. They are staring at me, as if waiting for me to bow down to them. I stand my ground and look up at them.

"I said 'sorry' already," I explain calmly, reining in my growing agitation, "now, if you'll excuse me-" I can't finish my sentence for the first girl's friend smacks me roughly. My cheek stings and I can feel the redness coming. Others nearby watch us, curious and excited to see what's going to happen. I put a hand up to my face, feeling the burning spread across it. This isn't the first time I've been hit. Let's just say high school is the place where I learned to toughen myself up.

"Apologize louder then," the girls demand. I ignore the pain on my cheek and just watch them with a blank expression. "Pabo! We didn't hear you. Now say you're sorry again!"

"It's not my fault you can't listen," I reply shortly and shove my way past them. However, my hair is pulled back once again and I'm suddenly caught in the midst of a brawl. I'm thrown to the ground and the girls straddle me, slapping and punching me repeatedly. I refuse to fight back, blocking myself instead. This is over such a trivial matter. The bystanders cheer us on, not moving to stop us. The security guard finally comes in and pulls the girls off me. I sit up and watch on as they are dragged away, still screaming obscenities at me. I continue to stay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter