A Killer Deal

Deadly Triangle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona POV

"Unnie, hurry! We're going to be late!" Nana exclaims, shaking me awake. I open my eyes and bright sunlight immediately floods my vision, but my little dongsaeng quickly blocks it with her head. How many times did I tell her to not enter my room? Yet here she is; sitting on the edge of my bed, practically leaning on me.

I groan and turn over, pulling the blanket over my body. Nana only shakes me harder. I grow irritated at her pushiness and throw an arm out to smack her. She flinches. "Yah! What do you want?! I'm trying to sleep here!" I yell, sitting up. Nana is holding her cheek, a seemingly hurt expression on her face, but I know better. My baby sister can withold pain worse than that. Nonetheless, I ask sarcastically, "Did I hit too hard? Does Im Jinah need some ice to put on her pretty face?"

She frowns at the word 'pretty,' and instead hits me back with just as much force. Strength runs in our family. "Hurry and get dressed. We don't need to be late to my first job application." And with that, Nana hops off my bed and slams the door shut.

We're a strange sibling duo, she and I. Sometimes we'll say we love each other and other times are just downright y between us. It's usually the latter. Though it hasn't always been like that. I guess you could say that, as the older sister, it's my fault our relationship has since soured, but I'm not going to indulge in that topic just yet.

I am in the midst of searching for clothes, wearing only a bra and , before the door opens once again. Nana is standing there, unfazed by my half- appearance. "Did I leave my phone in here? It's not in my room."

I roll my eyes at her carelessness. "Have you made a thorough check, Nana? I've seen that black hole you call a room. You need to have 10 pairs of eyes, maybe even more, just to search under the bed."

Her eyes widen. "That's where it is! I remember since I was super tired last night. Thank you, Unnie!" She walks away, leaving the door open.

I shake my head, wondering how anyone could forget their phone, let alone leave it under the bed. Sighing, I continue searching for the appropriate outfit while the door is still open. It is only Nana and I living in the house, anyway. 

As said before, my dongsaeng's all grown up and is applying for a job. She has an interview today and needs a ride, so I'm obviously the only option. Our parents...are busy.

I end up settling on jeans and a button-up shirt. While straightening my hair in the mirror, I hear Nana from down the hall shout, "I found it, Yoona!"

Making sure I look presentable, I grab my purse and car keys, then head down the stairs. Nana and I live alone as we are older and I had enough savings to purchase a suitable house for us. We prefer a comfortable lifestyle rather than luxurious as we find it too flashy and stuck-up.

I know Nana will take more than 10 minutes to get ready herself, so I walk to the kitchen to make some coffee. As I am pouring cream and sugar into the mug, there is a tap on the window. I glance around to search for my sister, but she must still be in her room. The tapping grows louder and more impatient. I realize it's coming from the window at the back door. My feet take slow, cautious steps toward it before I pull aside the curtain and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter