Epilogue

Tied By Music (Short Story)

                        

 

                                                                                                       

 

 

One month later…

 

 

“Yah! Jungmin-ah! Someone’s here. Hurry up!” I heard unnie’s voice from downstairs while I was busy adjusting my mustard yellow uniform.

 

Spring break is so damn short and the next thing I knew it’s already the first day of my junior life in high school. Ugh, I hate how school works here in South Korea but I can’t really complain.

 

I was brushing my black hair—yes, I’ve been putting a serious thought about it and I don’t want my boyfriend to see my hair looking like a bird’s nest every morning.

 

My boyfriend…

 

He’s finally mine…

 

I let myself get carried away while staring dreamily at my reflection on the mirror. I can’t believe I’ve turned into one of those super-in-love-teenage-girls I used to despise. But hey, don’t blame me I have such a handsome and perfect boyfriend.

 

Speaking of the devil—my bedroom door creaked open and I could see a head popped in reflecting through my mirror. My breathing stopped all at once as a charming smile spread across his lips.

 

“You’re still not done, baby?” he said in his husky voice. No matter how much he calls me that, my heart always skips a beat.

 

“Daehyun oppa? How did you get in?” I stared at him through the mirror just after I lowered my comb back on the table. I fought the urge to rush towards him and press my lips to his awaiting ones.

 

“Well, I walked up the stairs and saw this ‘Jungmin’s bedroom’ sign hanging on the wall. I got in and—“

 

“That’s not what I meant oppa,” I said in a monotone completely not amused at how he pointed out the obvious but he just laughed as he made a bee line towards me. He stood behind me then s his arms around my waist.

 

“I crept in here since Eunji already left the house,” he whispered in my ear without breaking our gaze through the mirror. I visibly stiffened and his full lips twitched in a mischievous smirk.

 

“W-what? She left already? We’re alone here?”

 

Ugh. No Jungmin. There are tiny, blue, gnome-looking creatures roaming around the house. What a stupid question.

 

Daehyun rested his chin on my shoulder then slightly turned his head to press a soft feathery kiss on my jaw line—without breaking our gaze still. If it wasn’t for him holding my waist, I would be a puddle of goo right now.

 

“Yes baby. We’re alone so please hurry up,” he said in an almost strained voice like he was holding back or something, then it hit me. I quickly cleared my throat, completely flustered about the little scenes that crossed my mind.

 

I was so nervous that my own lips start to get dry. I’ve never brought a guy in my bedroom before and the fact that we’re alone in this house doesn’t help at all. I innocently my dried lower lip while shifting my gaze elsewhere.

 

My eyes fell on the alarm clock on my night stand and I mentally cursed at how fast the time was. I reluctantly pulled away from the warmth of my boyfriend to grab my backpack but an arm held me back as I was being pulled.

 

I was still registering in my mind of what just happened when I felt a pair of warm, soft lips moving passionately against mine. I blinked twice then noticed Daehyun’s closed eyes just centimeters away.

 

I was still in a state of shock and oppa probably noticed that I wasn’t responding back because he slowly pulled away an inch and looked into my brown eyes. I took in my surroundings and sensed that both of his arms were trapping me against my table and the back of my hips were pressed against it.

 

He dropped his gaze on my lips again then slowly leaned in. My body screamed to give in but my mind says otherwise. I know it’s not a good idea so I leaned back away from his inviting lips as far as possible until I felt the tip of my hair brushed against the wooden table.

 

That didn’t stop him though because he bended forward. I felt his right arm around my waist before pulling me closer. I raised my hands then pressed my palms on his chest just as his lips crashed unto mine.

 

I shut my eyes tightly and decided to respond to his yearning kisses. I grabbed the collar of the black polo shirt he was wearing then pulled him closer even though our bodies were already pressed against each other.

 

I heard a low groan rumble from his throat as he gripped on my waist tightly. My heart was beating so madly and tingles were shooting through my body. I tiptoed desperately, trying to savor every inch of his sweetness.

 

Daehyun oppa suddenly pulled away too quickly that it made a smooching sound. With his eyes still closed, he tried to catch his breath while I mimic his actions. I could even feel his chest heaving up and down beneath my palms.

 

“Jungmin…” he whispered before he snapped his eyes open, staring directly into mine. “I need to drive you to school… now.”

 

I widened my eyes in realization as my head snapped back on my alarm clock. It ticked to 7:30 am and I cursed under my breath. The school bell just rang, I know it. I’m going to make another fool of myself on the very first day.

 

“I could do this all day with you right here in your room but… Eunji will hang me upside down on a tree if I don’t bring you to school,” he pulled away unwillingly then grabbed my backpack on my bed.

 

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled as he grabbed hold of my hand then guided me out of my room.

 

“Yeah it’s your fault,” he glanced back at me as we sprinted down the stairs. “Never do that to your lips again, arasseo?” I was about to ask him what he meant but then I remembered and my cheeks instantly heated.

 

“Don’t you have school today?” I asked him as we both slip into his car. He started the engine then drove towards Seoul Arts High.

 

“My class doesn’t start until nine so I thought of picking you up.”

 

Daehyun oppa enrolled in a college of music somewhere here in Seoul. His parents were still in the US and the reason why they had to move and why he had to transfer was because his dad took a job there. Of course, he told me that his parents were beyond furious at what he did but they weren’t here so he didn’t mind at all.

 

He stopped the car just in front of our school and my worst fear came true when I don’t see a single living creature roaming around the premises. I’m so dead right now.

 

“You’re late,” Daehyun said beside me and I just had to roll my eyes at him.

 

“Yeah my fault, remember?” I grabbed my backpack then opened the door but I was pulled back for the second time as he planted a soft peck on my lips.

 

“Sorry for that and good luck on the first day,” he ruffled my hair then smiled handsomely. “Don’t cause too much trouble okay? I won’t be there anymore to save your clumsiness,” he winked then I just chuckled before stepping out the car.

 

“Hey, Jung!” a familiar voice shouted and my head turned towards the tall guy crossing the street. He approached me with his usual poker face then glanced inside the car. He instantly smiled as soon as he saw his hyung on the driver’s seat.

 

Seriously? There’s a cute pretty girl standing in front of you but you smiled on the dude instead?

 

“Good morning to you too, Zelo.” I said sarcastically then waved at Daehyun one last time before spinning on my heels. I was half running towards the school, eager to get to the bulletin board to know which class I was in. I could hear Zelo’s footsteps from behind but I didn’t stop or looked back.

 

I reached the building then sprinted towards the board on the opposite hallway. I pressed my index finger on the junior’s list then slowly dragged it down as I scanned for my name.

 

Jung… Jung… Jung… Ah! Jung Jungmin, here. Class…

 

“Class 2-B…” said a voice behind me. I turned around then craned my neck to look at his face. Yep, poker face.

 

“You’re in 2-B too? We’re classmates again?” I stared at him in disbelief. He just shrugged then pressed his red headphones on his ears as he turned then started walking up the stairs.

 

“Hey! Don’t snob me!” I followed him up since we were heading towards the same direction anyway.

 

“Hey! I know there’s no music playing on your headphones. Take it off!” still he ignored me and even bobbed his head to the beat as I was trailing behind him on the empty corridor. The activities from inside each classroom could be heard.

 

“Seriously, you can’t fool me. I could practically see the plug dangling from your shirt.” I lied but it worked! He stopped walking to glance down at his uniform but the cord of his headphones was safely tucked inside his pants.

 

“Gotcha!” I said in a teasing tone and a triumphant smirk. He glanced at me, frowning a bit. Finally, he’s showing some expression. He started walking again like nothing happened then continued to ignore me.

 

This guy just needs a bit of teasing.

 

“Hey Junhong come on… I still need to thank you for personally picking me up on that day,” I knew he knew what I meant because his muscles stiffened.

 

“And also, I need to thank you for personally calling me and tipping me about Daehyun oppa’s departure,” I caught up to him and I was now walking beside him.

 

“And lastly, I want to thank you—“

 

“Seriously, stop!” he came to a halt then faced me completely annoyed and irritated. I just showed him my smirk then tilted my head.

 

“Daehyun hyung asked me to pick you up! I can’t turn down his request and about that phone call… Yongguk hyung literally shoved me the phone and ordered me to call you because for whatever reason, he doesn’t want to even if the situation is in code red.”

 

Wow, he’s seriously speaking a lot right now.

 

“I didn’t do all of those on purpose, okay? I certainly do not care about you and I’m just following orders from my hyungs because I’m the maknae. Yeah, to be me. Is that all clear now, Jung?”

 

Hmm… nope, not yet.

 

I crossed my arms over my chest then stared at him with equal intensity. “Hey, no need to explain yourself and get all defensive,” I smirked again. “It’s cool, Choi.”

 

His frown disappeared only to be replaced by confusion then realization before his face scrunched into a frown again.

 

“Shut up,” he through gritted teeth then started to walk along the corridor again. I fought the urge to laugh hard because that would seriously get me in trouble. Not with him but with the teachers who were holding their classes.

 

 

                                                                                                                  

 

 

The rest of the class went by smoothly except the fact that Zelo had to lie about us getting to school together fifteen minutes late but I had to hand it to him, he was pretty convincing that we actually got away from the consequences.

 

“Hey Choi… or should I call you Zelo too?  Or maybe Junhong because nobody calls you by your real name,” I teased as I followed him out of our classroom. He kept ignoring me like what he did the whole day but I won’t give up.

 

I managed to follow him all the way to the front gate with my constant teasing and name callings but never even once did he stopped or looked back or even yelled at me to shut up.

 

I was about to give up since I can’t think of anymore nicknames so for my last shot, I just used a random one I learned when I saw him eating at lunch today.

 

“Hey! Little cherry tomato!” he turned instantly and I almost slammed on his chest. Wow, it worked.

 

“Never. Ever. Mention that here. You understand me?” he glared at me like a thousand suns.

 

“Not mention what?” we both turned our heads towards the voice and my smile instantly shot up at the sight of my handsome boyfriend leaning casually on his car door.

 

I didn’t care if there were students passing by, I ran towards him then wrapped my arms around his neck. “I missed you the whole day, oppa!”

 

“I missed you more though,” he chuckled then planted a sweet quick peck on my lips. I could hear gasping from the female students, whistling from the male students and groaning from a particular pissed off tall junior behind me.

 

“Get a room guys.”

 

“Is inside the car acceptable?”

 

“Hell no!” he said as he walked towards the car then opened the back seat. He slid inside then waited. I looked at oppa confused.

 

“I think I have to pick you two up every day after school. No questions,” he pecked me again sweetly before opening the front door, I slid in before smiling at him.

 

“So…” Daehyun oppa decided to break the tension inside the car. “You two seemed to be pretty close now?”

 

“No!” we both said in unison. Our eyes met for an instant through the rearview mirror before snapping our heads back outside the window.

 

“Wow, you two must’ve practiced that for a week,” oppa teased at how we managed to answer at the same time.

 

“I’m going home alone tomorrow than risking my life with that… that walking disaster.”

 

“Hey! So I accidentally knocked over a senior as I opened the door, big deal!”

 

“You knocked a senior?!”

 

“Knock is an understatement hyung… more like smashed his face.”

 

“No I didn’t! He said he was okay!”

 

“Yeah… then he ran towards the school clinic.”

 

“Shut up bright cherry tomato.”

 

“Stop calling me that!”

 

“Tell that to the tomato you drew eyes with and even gave him a name of—“

 

“Shut up Jung!”

 

“Make me Choi!”

 

“Seriously both of you shut it! We’re heading to Yongguk hyung’s place.”

 

“She’s so irritating hyung. How could you like someone as her?”

 

“Oppa he’s being a big bully to me!”

 

“Okay I give up.”

 

And the entire journey consists of us bickering and oppa trying to shut us up. Even though we were shooting knives through our glares, I know somehow I’ve gotten closer to him. I have my first boyfriend and my very first friend right here.

 

What more could I have asked for?

 

“WHAT THE HECK IS THIS LITTLE TROUBLEMAKER DOING IN MY HOUSE?!”

 

Apparently, a high speed super power like flash is what I need right about now.

 

 

                                                                                                            

 

 

 

YEEEEY! I FINALLY FINISHED MY FIRST COMPLETE STORY!  \(^o^\) (/^o^)/
Sorry but I can't help not to put Zelo in the epilogue. HE'S MY BIAS

Before I close the curtains to this story, may I remind you that there's NO sequel to it. It's suppose to be just a short story and it ends right... HERE.

 


Byieeeeee~

THANK YOU FOR LETTING THIS STORY TAKE UP YOUR PRECIOUS TIME ^_^


Love,
ChaeMin_21------- and Zelo :P