String 3 - Sweet Revenge

Tied By Music (Short Story)

 

                                                                                           

 

                                                                                                                   

 

 

Great, just great. Best day of my life ever—not.

 

Not only did I miss my vocal class and spent the rest of my afternoon inside the hell hole called detention room but I was shaking with fear as I thought about that secret intruder who’s not so secret anymore and as soon as she tells it to Daehyun, he’s gonna ignore me forever now.

 

And please add Yongguk’s revenge on the list. I can’t help but feel tingles on my skin when Daehyun warned me about that but I doubt it’s anything but pity and sorry.

 

That night, I was so damn curious about what would happen in P.E tomorrow that I found myself creeping inside Eunji unnie’s bedroom. Yes, I believe in the saying that curiosity kills the cat but I can’t help it anymore.

 

I need to know even if it kills me. That doesn’t matter though since I know I’ll be dead tomorrow. I can’t escape the inevitable revenge of Bang Yongguk.

 

The door creaked as I opened it and I instantly found my sister on her bed, lying on her stomach with her laptop in front of her. I knew she was busy but I just have to do this and I won’t stop until I got my answers.

 

“Eunji unnieeeee,” I whined, adding a bit of aegyo for better effect as I crossed the distance then plopped beside her on the bed. The bed bounced a bit, making her glance at me tentatively.

 

“What?!” she asked irritably then looked back at the screen of her laptop again. She was busy researching for her thesis or something.

 

“Can I skip P.E tomorrow? I think I sprained my ankle,” I pouted, pretending to be in pain as I massaged my ‘sprained’ ankle.

 

“Want me to sprain it more? Go to bed,” she snapped at me while typing away swiftly.

 

“I just want to know what we have for P.E tomorrow,” I mumbled, trying to sound worried about it. She must’ve reached her limits already because she snapped her head at me and if looks could kill, I would be a cold corpse lying on her bedroom floor right now.

 

“I don’t know but I heard it’s a joined class for freshmen and seniors,” she confirmed and my throat suddenly dried up at the thought of it. “Happy? Now get out and go to bed,” she added before pushing me off the bed.

 

A joined class for freshmen and seniors? Well that explains it.

 

Yay life with sprinkles and red cherry on top.

 

 

 

“Okay! Listen everyone!” a loud whistle echoed inside the gym and all of our attention was on our P.E teacher. “Freshmen, group yourselves by five and the rest stay on the bleachers… same goes for seniors. Now move it!” he instructed then blew on his whistle again.

 

I scanned the crowd of seniors as they formed a group. I saw Eunji unnie with her friend, Bomi and three other guys. I instantly spotted Daehyun because he has this shining aura around him, he looked so cute with his gym clothes. He was with two other girl seniors that I’m currently getting jealous at, he’s also with Himchan sunbae and to complete their group of five…

 

Bang Yongguk.

 

He was smirking wickedly at me that I could literally feel cold chills on my spine. I averted my gaze back to the freshmen just in time someone pulled me, I noticed her as one of my classmates.

 

“I pick Eunji sunbae’s baby sister,” she cheered as she dragged me towards the two guys who were also from my class, one being… that Zelo guy.

 

“Hey! I have a name and it’s Jungmin!” I exclaimed as we stopped in front of them.

 

“What? The little troublemaker? Hayoung-ah! She’ll only cause trouble!” the other guy whined at the girl beside me, ignoring my protest about my nicknames.

 

Thank you for that, Guy-I’ve-never-talked-with. You clearly made the understatement of the century.

 

“She won’t, don’t worry. One more… I pick, Namjoo-ssi!” the girl dragged another victim. I’m not familiar with her so I presumed she’s from other class. The guy sighed in defeat then they all looked at Zelo, even me as we wait for his approval. He just shrugged then plugged his headphones.

 

I can already see the result of this. I just hope he’ll stick with his team and not his idiot of a leader there.

 

“Are you all done? Good. Now gather everyone! Today is the last day we’ll be using this gym so we’ll be playing a friendly game of…”

 

Please don’t say dodge ball, please don’t say dodge ball.

 

… Dodge Ball! First group, in the middle of the court. Now!”

 

Why do I even bother?

 

I went to take a sit on the bleachers as the first group of players moved towards the court. My muscles were all tensed and I couldn’t stop fidgeting.

 

I may have played volleyball back in middle school so I know I have an advantage somehow but… the smirk on Yongguk’s lips are telling me that it’s no use and he’ll crush me like a bug.

 

Make it fast and painless please.

 

“We’re down to a tie, eight to eight. So the last group will determine who’ll be the winner,” the teacher announced and I froze. I felt my teammates standing up beside me, stretching a bit.

 

Dafuq? We’re last?!

 

I glanced at the other side of the court and noticed Daehyun’s group stretching too but Yongguk was cracking his fist. I gulped hard.

 

Let’s just get this over with so I can lie on my coffin peacefully.

 

I stood up, doing my own stretching seriously. I could hear the loud cheers from the freshmen behind me.

 

“Go! Little troublemaker! Kick Yongguk sunbae’s again!” I heard one guy shouting behind me and my confidence quickly deflated.

 

Wow… Thanks for the support dude. Insert sarcasm.

 

Every step I took towards the middle of the court means one step closer to my own death. Exaggerated much? Nope. That’s exactly what Yongguk is saying on his expression. Revenge, pain, kill, death.

 

“Freshmen, on the left side. Seniors, on the right. Start!” he blew on that stupid whistle again and I’m fighting the urge to grab it and throw it towards his face.

 

We instantly ran towards the middle where the balls were lined up. I picked up a ball then rolled another one back and that girl, Namjoo picked it up. All of us were holding a ball each… except one. If you guess Zelo, then you’re damn right.

 

He was just standing there, I glared at him then looked ahead just as the first ball came dashing towards me, missing me by mere inches as it flew above my head. I was still immersed in my own thoughts that I didn’t know the first ball was released. I glanced up nervously towards the eyes of a murderous glare.

 

“Hey little TM, get your head in the game!” that guy said and I groaned. You’re not the freaking leader, stfu.

 

The next minutes consists of me dodging the ball and barely missed it. I threw the ball back at them and I hit one of those girls. Ha! Serves you right for being in the same team with my prince.

 

The game continued, I was quick, light and fast until there are only two members on both teams left. Good news is… I’m still alive and breathing. Bad news is… the other one is Zelo and I could see Yongguk speaking to him through his eyes.

 

Zelo leaned back then threw his ball directly to Yongguk who quickly caught it in his hands with ease. It wasn’t even a throw, more like a pass. Ugh, idiot. He smirked before he threw it limply towards us. I widened my eyes, ready to dodge but it wasn’t even directed to me. Whuuut?

 

The ball flew towards Zelo, hitting him on his shoulder while he was just standing there with a bored expression. It was pretty ironic because that was his ball.

 

Wait. What the heck just happened?

 

“Choi Junhong… OUT!”

 

Loud protests came from the freshmen while the seniors cheered. Zelo just nonchalantly walked back towards the bleachers, not a care in the world.

 

I knew it! There’s something fishy with that guy. Ugh. I’ll teach him a lesson to never mess with his teammates, especially me! Well, after I deal with the big jerk first.

 

I found myself glaring at Yongguk, my fear was replaced by irritation. He just smirked casually at me. Now it’s game on, jerk!

 

“Go kick his !”

 

“Get him, little TM!”

 

“Jungmin-ah! Fighting little sis.”

 

Everyone was cheering for me, all the freshmen are. While the seniors are watching in anticipation, they don’t care about winning now, they just want some good show. Right now, the opponent has the upper hand because each of them was holding a ball while I have no choice but to catch one of it.

 

I took a side glance towards Daehyun who was standing beside Yongguk. I literally froze as he smiled genuinely then nodded a bit, as if telling me to win.

 

Okay… to say it was unexpected was an understatement. I never ever imagined in a million light years that he would at least smile at me.

 

Daehyun leaned back before throwing the ball at me with such force. It was heading straight right into me and I knew I couldn’t dodge it.

 

I couldn’t dodge it?

 

 Wait a minute!

 

I focused on the ball then placed both my hands in front of me and catch it just in time, stumbling back a bit from the force.

 

That was clooose!

 

I glared at him but he just smiled at me, impressed that I managed to catch it. Wait? Was it on purpose? I frowned inwardly, a bit confused but smiled back to him.

 

The tension in the air was so thick that you could cut it with a knife. Everyone was on the edge of their seats, every pair of eyes on this gym was on us. I wiped a sweat on my forehead as Yongguk dribbled the ball on his hand. I focused on that ball.

 

Dodge it Jungmin. Then throw the ball at him before he could react.

 

That was my plan. And I’m wishing that I won’t fail this time.

 

I narrowed my eyes as he stopped dribbling, he leaned back then threw the ball at me with every ounce of his strength. Everything seems to slow down as the ball came charging towards me.

 

Dodge it, dammit! It’s now or never!

 

I tried to side step as quick as I can but…

 

The floor suddenly got so slippery…

 

And I slip…

 

Yup… it’s not such a surprise for me actually, of all times to be clumsy, why now? I’m going to get hit by the ball… on the face… and it’s gonna leave a damn mark.

 

I groaned loudly as the ball hit my left arm instead and I was sure it would fall off. I let out a loud shrieked as I lose my balance then slid on the floor first, it didn’t hurt though. The perks of having a fluffy , heck yeah!

 

“Jung Jungmin. OUT! Seniors win!” our gym teacher announced then the seniors all erupted in a bubble of happiness.

 

Yongguk was laughing hard and I mean hard. He was clutching his tummy while pointing at my misfortune. The freshmen were all shouting their protest at me but what hurt the most was the look on Daehyun’s eyes. They’re reflecting disappointment. He wants me to win?

 

No! It’s not over yet! I might lose the game but I won’t lose to him! I’m the little troublemaker! I make trouble and trouble he will get!

 

I quickly stood up, anger building inside me. From the corner of my eye, I could see Daehyun’s eyes grew wide as I gather up all my strength then threw the ball I’m holding towards the laughing jerk’s direction.

 

A loud thud echoed throughout the gym followed by a pained groan.

 

Bullseye.

 

The whole gym instantly went deadly quiet that you could hear a pin fall. The only sound was the ball bouncing off the floor as it rolled away. Yongguk was clutching his groin, his face showing nothing but pain. He kneeled on the floor as he let out another groan. Daehyun’s eyes was on him then on me, I knew he was trying hard not to laugh as a wide grin spread on his soft lips before mouthing the words…

 

RUN…

 

I looked back at the poor guy—not. Our gazes met and he gritted in teeth because of anger or pain, I don’t even know and I don’t care.

 

“I’M GOING TO GET YOU, TROUBLEMAKER!” he yelled in pain as he tried to stand up slowly. My eyes screamed fear at how angry he was that I instinctively took a step backward.

 

What happened to the little?

 

“I guess I’m not so little anymore, huh?” I mumbled more to myself but I’m sure everyone heard it because a lot of them snickered. I even heard Daehyun’s faint laugh.

 

He laughed? He laughed at what I said?

 

I could do a victory dance like right now. I heard Daehyun laughed for the first time and I’m the one who made him.

 

Oh yeah… I forgot I still need to flee.

 

I quickly ran out of the gym before he could stand up and catch me. The heavy gym doors bang loudly as I opened it with all my force, I could hear loud cheers erupting from the gym.

 

Wow. Déjà vu much?

 

I looked around quickly, my eyes instantly flickered towards the library building just a few meters away. I looked back as I heard that familiar bang of the door so I instantly dashed towards the library.

 

I hid behind the pillar just in time Yongguk came out, looking like a mad bull. Breathing a sigh of relief, I slowly crept inside the library. It was empty except for a few juniors, reading and studying. I noticed it’s almost the end of class. Well, the library won’t close until six pm so I’ll just have to hide here until then.

 

I made a bee line towards the back of the library, where it’s dark, quiet, cold and creepy. Kidding, it’s just quiet. I took a sit on the clean floorboards, my head resting on the side of a tall bookshelf and I was facing the huge open window, it was fresh and cloudy outside but here I am, hiding.

 

I wiped the sweat on my forehead using the hem of my shirt and now did I notice that my gym shirt was slightly soaked in sweat. Ack! I grimaced at the sticky feeling but I can’t complain now, can I? Even my hair was sticking to my face. I looked completely horrible right now.

 

Not to mention, my arm hurts like hell! It’s like a bowling bowl hit my arm instead of a soft volleyball. Darn that Yongguk. I’m glad that I slipped though, or it would be my face. Guess for the first time, I’m thankful to be clumsy.

 

Sighing as I ignored it all. I closed my eyes then leaned my head back, soaking in the sunlight that was passing through the window. I smiled widely.

 

Jung Daehyun… 

 

He smiled at me earlier… He helped me, on purpose or not… He talked to me… He laughed with me…

 

It’s all too much to take in. I don’t have enough room for feels anymore.

 

Just imagining him made my heart flutter and I found myself singing the same song I sang yesterday but not too loud to disturb the sacred place called library. I slowly opened my eyes only to be greeted by a creepy shadow lurking on the wall in front of me.

 

I screamed loudly but no sound came. I blinked then noticed a hand covering my mouth, trying to shut me up. I freaked out more then tried to look at the stupid douche bag who sneaked up on me but I couldn’t move my head.

 

“Shhh… be quiet or you’ll get us both thrown out,” the familiar voice hissed at me and I seriously froze at the voice. “You know, you’re more trouble than you’re worth,” the voice chuckled then let go of my mouth.

 

Nah… It can’t be… I must have fallen asleep and I’m in my dream right now.

 

He sat on the floor in front of me, his back leaning on the wall under the big window. I just stared at him dumbfounded, he stared back at me then let out an amused chuckle.

 

Yeah… I’m dreaming because there’s no way in heaven and earth he’s right here… talking to me!

 

But just to be sure…

 

“Ouch! What did you do that for?” he looked surprised as he rubbed his reddened cheek where I just pinched, hard.

 

Ohmygodthisisreal.

 

“J-Jung Daehyun sunbae??” I blinked. I might have forgotten how to breathe again, that or maybe there’s no air anymore.

 

 

 

                                                                                                                   

 

Hohoho... Yez its real... and Yezzz it's Jung Daehyun :3
How's the story so far? comment your thoughts please TT it's not nice to keep it in your mind ^^ Hahaha..

 

-Chaeminxxi