Eight

Polar Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoon closes with her palm, trying not to make any sound and bothering the couple, closing the door behind her. When she turns around, Jongdae is standing behind her, she can see pity in his eyes. So he knew?

“Just give it to Yifan.” She can’t be here any longer, is constricted with emotion and tears are threatening to spill, pushing the folder into Jongdae’s chest. The latter seems to understand that she is close to break down, grabbing the folder and throws it into the nearest table.

“Taemin-ah, give this to sajangnim when you see him.”

Without waiting for Taemin’s answer, Jongdae grabs Kyungsoon’s arm and leads her to the elevator. By the time they reach the elevator, Kyungsoon can’t hold back her tears anymore, silently crying to herself. She knows that Jongdae is looking at her from the corner of his eyes but the man doesn’t say anything, giving her a silent comfort and she is grateful to him for that.

“Here,” He gives her a handkerchief, and Kyungsoon looks at him in confusion. Jongdae scratches the back of his head, giving her a sheepish smile. “I know it’s a bit old fashioned to carry handkerchief around. But, you never know when you need it.”

Kyungsoon gives him a tight smile, although she can’t really smile right now, at least she must let Jongdae know that his kindness is appreciated. “Thank you.”

“Your welcome, Kyungsoon-ah.”

---

“Are you sure you don’t want me to drive you back?” Jongdae eyes her in confusion but Kyungsoon only shakes her head weakly.

“I will be fine, Jongdae-sshi. Thank you for your concern.”

“If you say so.” Jongdae seems to have something to say but holds himself back so Kyungsoon looks at him, waiting for him to say something.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” He says, his cheeks slowly turn red under her gaze and Kyungsoon feels the corner of her lips unconsciously lifted up seeing his reaction.

“No,” She chuckles. “I thought you want to say something.” Jongdae smiles back at her sheepishly, “But if not, I will be going then.” She bows at him. “Thank you, Jongdae-sshi for your help. And can I ask you for one thing?”

“Sure.”

“Don’t tell Yifan that I come to his office this morning.”

Jongdae seems troubled by her request but since he has agreed to help her, he has no choice other than agreeing not to tell Yifan.

“Okay.”

“Thank you for everything, Jongdae-sshi.” She gives him a wide smile, ready to walk into the lobby when Jongdae calls her name.

“This.” He s a name card with his number written on it. “If you need anything or someone to talk to.” She can see that he is blushing again and decides not to .

“Thank you, Jongdae-ah.”

---

“Stop it, Junhee.”

His rejection hits her like a bucket of ice cold water and Junhee feels herself instantly freezes. Yifan grabs her wrists to release himself from her embrace and walks away from her frozen stature.

“We are not in relationship anymore. I have a wife, Junhee-sshi.” He doesn’t even turn back to look at her. “I suggest you get going since you’re better now. People will talk about us if you don’t go and I don’t wish to hurt Kyungsoon further.”

Junhee looks at Yifan in disbelief. Being born as the only daughter from the Kim family, she always gets what she wants and it’s like a slap on her face to have her former lover rejects her advances. Doesn’t Wu Yifan always love her?

“Let me walk you ou-”

“Forget it, I can walk by myself.” Junhee huffs, shoving Yifan out of the way, grabbing her purse and storming out from the room, leaving Yifan dumbfounded. A hesitant knock is heard from the door, and Taemin, his personal assistant, appears from behind the door.

“Sajangnim, this is for you.”

Yifan knows it from a mere glance, it is the same folder that he has brought from home and accidentally left it on Kyungsoon’s cafe.

“How did it get here?”

“A woman came here just now.” A woman? Is it Kyungsoon?

“Then where is the woman?”

“She just left with Jongdae-sshi.”

With that Taemin excuses himself, leaving Yifan pondering over the news. Did Kyungsoon just come to his office?

---

“I am home.” Yifan deliberately goes back home earlier than usual to send Kyungsoon off to Zouk. He expects that Kyungsoon would be cooking dinner and both of them can eat together before she goes to Liuhua’s party. But much to his dismay, Kyungsoon is nowhere to be found in the kitchen but the dinner has been prepared.

“Kyung?”

“In my room.” A reply comes from her room, “Wait a second.”

Yifan takes off his jacket and tie, leaving the white workshirt and his pants and makes himself a cup of tea when Kyungsoon walks off from her room to fetch her high heels.

“What are you wearing, Kyung?” His eyes almost fall from their socket the moment he sees her. Kyungsoon has the nerve look at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter