Five

Polar Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “I don’t know, Shixun-ah -” Kyungsoon bites her lips out of nervousness, hesitating before promising the impossible to Shixun.

“Give him some time to understand his feelings, noona.”

Kyungsoon can’t help but to snort at her brother in law’s poetic words.What feelings? Hell, Yifan doesn’t even like her. But to avoid more drama, Kyungsoon replies him with an unsure smile. Shixun realizes he has pushed Kyungsoon too far, scratches back of his head awkwardly.

“Sorry if I make you uncomfortable, noona. I just – I want your marriage to work and be happy.”

His honest answer makes her smile, “I do too, Shixun-ah.”

---

Kyungsoon is busy preparing the dinner when Yifan comes back. He decides to come back earlier from the office to at least have a time to speak with his wife.

“Oh, why do you come so early? I haven’t finished all of this.” Kyungsoon glances at the clock in the living room and frowns.

“Um – I go back early for today.” Yifan stands awkwardly at the corridor, glancing at his petite wife who is busy scrambling here and there to make the dishes. A sense of warmth crept into his heart, looking at how hard Kyungsoon work to prepare all of this.

“Let me help you.” He puts down his duffel bag and rolls up his sleeves before going to Kyungsoon. “What should I do?”

Kyungsoon looks at him wide eyedly before squinting her eyes in distrust. Yifan is taken aback by the look that Kyungsoon sent him, and quickly diverts his eyes making Kyungsoon smiles at his cuteness.

“I’m just joking.” She pats his arm lightly, making Yifan jolts out from the contact. But she doesn’t even realize the effect of her actions. “Here, try this one.” She spoons the samgyetang that she made and gives it to Yifan, asking him to take a taste.

He dutifully and awkwardly complies with her, nods in appreciation. “Nice.” He mumbles.

“Really?” Kyungsoon beams at him. She tries the recipe from her mom and yet she can succeed in her first try.

Yifan is stunned by the big smile that Kyungsoon throws at him. This is the first time she smiles that big around him and somehow it sends him a fuzzy feeling inside. He quickly shakes his head and composes himself, “Do you need me to help you with anything?”

“Can you help me set the table? And the side dishes are in the refrigerator.”

Both of them work and eat in silence.

She clears , trying to ease the silence.“Shixun came to my cafe this afternoon.”

“He did?” Yifan looks at her wide eyedly, he doesn’t even know that her wife owns a cafe and his brother knows, what kind of husband he is, he silently berates himself.

Even though he doesn’t love Kyungsoon, he is still his husband. And husband and wife suppose to know everything about each other.

“Uh huh.” Kyungsoon nods, sipping her samgyetang soup before continuing, “And he told me about you.”

Kyungsoon notices that Yifan tenses up at her statement, but doesn’t say anything about it.

“What did he told you?” his tone is serious, making Kyungsoon bites her lip out of nervousness, but as Shixun said, they need to talk about this, so she braces herself of what may happen.

“About you, Kim Junhee and Liuhua unnie.”

“He doesn’t have any right to tell you that.” He spats, his eyes glinting with anger.

Kyungsoon flinches at Yifan sudden outburts, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you mad.”

Yifan takes few deep breaths before trusting himself to talk calmly to Kyungsoon.

“If you need to know anything, ask me. Don’t ask someone who are not involved.”

He prefers to tell Kyungsoon himself all of that of course. Hell, he plans to tell her, it’s her who avoids him like plague since last night. And yet, she now knew from Shixun.

“It’s not that I asked him. He told me himself.” Kyungsoon can’t hold back some sniffle. This is the first time Yifan raises his tone at her. Sure she has seen him angry few times because of her, but mostly he throws her icy glares or sneers.

“Typical Shixun.” He snorts, his brother seems unable to keep his blasted mouth shut.

“Sorry, I don’t mean to yell at you. It’s just -” he finds himself helpless under her tear-filled eyes. Damn, I’m not good with crying women.

“No. I don’t mean to intervene in your personal life. Sorry.” Kyungsoon sniffs, trying to calm herself, “I have finished my meal.” With wobbly legs, she tries to go back to her room, but Yifan be damned to let her walk out from him again.

“Wait – please, listen to me first.” He grabs her arms and pulls her towards him.

“You deserve an explanation from me, not from Shixun.”

This is the first time he is being this close to Kyungsoon. Her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter