Seven

Polar Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I need to make a call." Yifan excuses himself, walking away from Kyungsoon and glances behind, making sure that Kyungsoon can't hear his conversation. 

He grabs his phone, looking at his phonebook before dialing someone's number. It is connected in one try.

"What's up, hyung?" A grunt was heard from the other side.

"Sorry I called you this early, Tao. But I need your help." 

The man only grunts in response, making Yifan chuckles. Zitao was his hoobae during university, even not for a long time since he dropped out to make a business. And Yifan must admit it was a good decision for Zitao.

"Liuhua is getting married and she would hold her bachelorette party at your place."

"Oh? So it's really Liuhua noona who books for tonight party?" Yifan hums in reply. "So what can I do for you hyung?"

Yifan bites his lower lips, glancing at Kyungsoon who is chatting with Minseok, oblivious of his conversation with Tao.

"I need you to keep an eye of my wife." 

---

"Yifan-ah, don't you need to go to work right now?" Kyungsoon looks at her husband curiously. It's almost 9 o'clock and Yifan doesn't show any signs of getting ready, sipping his tea calmly while reading his morning newspaper.

He glances at her from behind the newspaper and sighs, Kyungsoon is right. He needs to go now. He closes his newspaper, stands up from his chair, gathering his wallet and phone on the table albeit hesitantly. 

"Have a good day at work." She says, smiling at Yifan and Yifan feels like all his worries are swept away by her warm smile.

"I'll be going, Kyung. See you at home. I will go back early today so I can drive you off to Liuhua's place." He bids Minseok goodbye and starts to walk into the door when he stops abruptly.

"Did you forget something?" Kyungsoon asks him, face confused when he walks back to their table.

"Yeah, I forgot this." He leans down and kisses her lips chastely. Kyungsoon, who is not ready, looking at him wide eyedly and sit frozen in her chair.

"Have a nice day, Kyungsoon-ah."

He bites back a smile when he sees her dazed expression. He knows it's not like him at all to act this way but there is some urge inside of him to kiss her heart shaped lips. Maybe I had too much caffeine these days.

---

Kyungsoon blinks few times, before finally registering that he has kissed her, touches her lips with her fingers. She can feel his lips on her just fine and feels her cheeks getting warm at the thought. What's wrong with you, Kyungsoon?

She berates herself. On the corner of her eyes, she could see that Yifan has left his folder on the table. What if he needs this?

"Minseok oppa, I'm going to send this to Yifan's office. Can you look over the cafe for a while?"

---

Yifan almost skips into his office building but he since he needs to maintain his composure as the President, he tones it down. But the smile never leaves his fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter