Four

Polar Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yifan tosses around in his bed all night, but all those tensions and tiredness take toll on him, sending him to a dreamless sleep. He plans to wake up earlier than usual to at least have a decent conversation with Kyungsoon about Junhee but after the tiring event that he has gone through yesterday, his body decides that he needs more rest.

He wakes up with a pounding head, suddenly remembers his plan and sprints towards Kyungsoon’s room. He passes through the dining room and notices that she has prepared him breakfast as usual. There, he knows that it is too late. And the absence of her favourite flats just proves his suspicion. Do Kyungsoon has already left, he groans, cursing at himself, he is too late.

---

Kyungsoon busies herself with her works, insisting to do all the baking herself, checking the inventories and even preparing the financial report which is not due yet until the next 2 weeks.

“Kyungsoon noona.” A familiar voice captures her attention. She looks up from behind the counter and finds Shixun smiling at her.

“Oh, Shixun-ah.”

“What brings you here, Shixun-ah?” She asks, pulling a chair in front of him after serving him his cappucino. “Are you alone? Where is Chanlie?”

The younger laughs easily, “I have 2 hours free time before my next class. So rather than wasting time going back home, I thought I want to try your coffee, noona.”

Kyungsoon nods, buying his answer. The youngest Wu reminds her of Yifan, with a little bit of friendliness. And apparently, he shares the same taste as his oldest brother since both of them are coffee lovers.

“So, how are you today, noona?” He asks, sipping his coffee and hums in appreciation, making Kyungsoon smiles at his antics.

“Good, I guess.” She replies but he stares at her disbelievingly, arching his eyebrow as if asking her sincerity.

“Why are you looking at me like that? I am good. I am fine.” She sighs, even her answer doesn’t sound believeable to her own ears.

The guy sets his cup on the table and looks at her straight at the eyes, “Have you talk with Yifan hyung about yesterday, noona?”

“Um, I have -” she shifts in under his gaze uneasily; Shixun resembles Yifan so much, even to his stares. The younger man reads her expression easily, Kyungsoon is always easy to read afterall and she knows that he knows she is lying.

“I know you haven’t talk to him. That’s why I am here, to explain to you everything.” He states calmly, staring at Kyungsoon’s expression.

Kyungsoon lets out an uneasy laugh and waves her hand dismissingly, “Why do everyone try to explain to me about Kim Junhee? It’s okay, I understand their relationship.”

Shixun sighs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter