Three

Polar Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoon realizes that both of them have history together. Their eyes give away and somehow, she feels like the intruder even though she is Yifan’s legal wife. But she knows that their marriage is only in paper and his heart would never belong to her.

Both of them freeze; get caught in each other’s eyes before Liuhua’s voice brings them back to reality.

“What’s happening here? Oh my God, Kyungsoon! Let’s go change.”

“Um, I have spare dress. I believe it will fit her.” Junhee carefully offers, trying to read Kyungsoon’s expression.

“We don’t need your help.” Liuhua rudely cuts Junhee, and grabs Kyungsoon’s arm to drag her to the ladies room with Baekhee trailing behind them. Kyungsoon looks back at the flustered Junhee and sends her an apologetic smile with a slight bow but is unable to do anything since Liuhua grips her wrist tightly.

“So the rumour about you coming back to Seoul is true, Junhee noona?” Yifan glares at Chanlie, clearly feeling offended why he didn’t tell him anything about Junhee’s return but his younger brother doesn’t even bother to look at him.

“Ah, yes. I just came back yesterday.” Junhee shifts her peripheral vision to the floor, suddenly feeling embarrassed at the curious stares that people throw at their direction.

“I see. Welcome back to Seoul then, I guess.” He adds uneasily and steals a glance at the silent Shixun who is standing behind him. “I will go first, noona. Nice meeting you again.” He motions Shixun to come with him, the younger follows wordlessly.

Chanlie looks at the fuming Yifan and he knows that his brother won’t be happy with this entire incident, taps his right shoulder and whispers in his ear, “Don’t do anything stupid, hyung.” And he leaves with Shixun to find the girls.

Yifan shifts uneasily at the curious stares and chattering that fill the entire ballroom. Junhee’s return to Seoul will be the next big news among their society and he just doesn’t want to hear any nonsense from the ahjummas’ big mouths.

“Let’s go from here.” He hisses and turns to find somewhere safer to talk to Junhee. He has a lot of things to ask her afterall.

Junhee trails after Yifan awkwardly and stops few steps behind him when he leads her to the balcony.

Yifan leans to the rail and grabs something from his pocket, she eyes him curiously and gasps when she sees him lit a cigarette. “I don’t know you smoke.”

He snorts, “There are lots of things you don’t know about me. This -” he lifts his newly lit cigarette, “is one of the few.”

Junhee looks at him in a way that stirs Yifan’s heart as before, but he quickly composes himself, he won’t let her hurt him again. He breaks away the eye contacts and focuses on his cigarette, savouring the flavour and the burning sensation in his lungs, anything to keep him distracted from the woman that he has loved before.

“That woman,” she hesitates for few second, looking at him warily, “is your wife.”

It is not a question, it’s a statement, Yifan no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter