Six

Polar Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoon blinks her eyes slowly, not believing what she sees this morning. Yifan is sitting on chair in dining room, sipping his morning coffee while reading the newspaper. He arches his eyebrow when he sees her coming.

“Morning.” He awkwardly greets her, and diverts his eyes back to the newspaper.

“Morning.”

She knows that he feels uncomfortable towards her. Yifan is a secretive man and she doesn’t fault him for trying to draw line between them. Not after what happened last night. So she decides not to push him further.

Kyungsoon is about to prepare herself a toast for breakfast when she sees a freshly warm panini is served in a plate beside Yifan’s seat.

“Is this for me?” She curses herself for being so stupid asking Yifan. What if it is not for you? You are really embarrassing yourself, Kyungsoon.

But to her astonishment, Yifan nods and quickly ducks his head to the newspaper, avoiding her gaze. She smiles to herself and sits down beside him.

“Thank you for the food.”

They enjoy breakfast in silence but she swears she notices the glance that Yifan throws at her whenever he thinks she is not looking.

What’s wrong with him?

---

“I will drive you to the cafe.” He suddenly tells her when she is putting on her long coat.

Second surprise waits for her this morning. Yifan is a complex man and everyday she finds new thing about him and this side of Yifan really catches her by surprise.

“You don’t have to. It isn’t really far from here. I can take a walk.”

He puts on a shawl around her neck, making her all bundled up in warm clothes, “It’s getting cold outside. Besides, I am in mood of another cup of coffee.” His tone is final; it doesn’t leave a room for argument.

 

And she doesn’t have any choice than to follow him to his car.

---

“Good morning, Kyungsoon-sshi.” Minseok, the manager of the cafe, casually greets her. And his eyes dart to someone who is following Kyungsoon closely.

“Good morning Mr. Wu. My name is Minseok, I am helping Ms. Kyungsoon managing this cafe.”

“Morning,” Yifan replies him but his eyes scan the entire place. Kyungsoon’s cafe has the strange calming atmosphere. It is small but cozy enough for his liking. Aroma of brewed coffee fills the entire cafe and Yifan’s eyes find the freshly baked cupcakes on the display.

Kyungsoon notices the change in his eyes seeing those cupcakes and chuckles to herself. Who knows someone as cold as Yifan has sweet tooth?

“Do you want to try our famous red velvet cupcakes?”

Yifan never can say no to sweet things and today he finds out one of his other weaknesses, Kyungsoon’s anticipating eyes.

---

Yifan goes back to his office in a lighter mood; thanks to two dose of coffee he has this day and her delicious cupcakes.

“You are in good mood.” It’s a statement not a question, Yifan turns his eyes from his laptop, finding Jongdae looking at him brows furrowed.

“Hm?”

“Marriage is good, huh?” The younger man sits in front of him without reserve. Even though Yifan is higher in hierarchy, Jongdae is one of his best friends since college. So, they don’t have any boundaries toward each other.

“What makes you say so?”

“Because Wu Yifan that I know will never hum in any circumstances. And now, you are humming those annoying Pororo song that my niece loves so much.”

Jongdae is blunt and never sugar coats anything. But he is kind of oblivious towards his surroundings. If he notices something then that’s must be some big changes.

“By the way, Kim Junhee called me yesterday.” One statement has effectively wiped out Yifan’s smile on his face.

“What did she say?”

“So you knew that she comes back to Seoul for good.”

“For good? You mean, she won’t go back to Milan?”

Jongdae peers at his friend warily, “I don’t think so.” Jongdae says briefly after pause, “She called me because she wants to rent an office here in our building.”

---

Kyungsoon doesn’t know when exactly, but slowly but sure, they start to spend time together. It becomes their new routine for them to spend time together in her cafe early in the morning before he goes to work. They don’t necessarily have a conversation there but to be around each other is calming.

Kyungsoon knows that Junhee is now working in the same building as Yifan. Her newly opened boutique has been covered a lot by media and the fact that she is working near Yifan raises another rumour that they are actually having affairs.

“You need to be careful, Kyungsoon-ah.”  Liuhua says calmly, while sipping her tea. Baekhee and her come as soon as possible to her cafe when they hear the rumour. But to their surprise, Kyungsoon has already aware about that.

Kyungsoon gives them a small smile and nods, “Thank you, unnie. But Yifan has already told me about that.”

“He did?” Baekhee’s e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter